The Political Lounge

List of foreign-born United States politicians

Timur

1 hour ago, pilight said:

Except McCain wasn't born in the Canal Zone, as the hospital wasn't built there until five years later.

It's almost as if some people aren't born in hospitals? 

That's never been the story, his birth records have always maintained he was born on the naval base. But I'm honestly confused at the point at which you're getting, is this just some low-grade conspiracy?

1 hour ago, pilight said:

McCain never released his birth records

McCain is a secret Scientologist!

Edited by Timur

1 hour ago, jvikings1 said:

Too bad McCain didn't just stay down in Panama. Would've saved a lot of people some trouble!

McCain was a hero.I disagree with him on almost everything on domestic issues and f-ing everything on foreign policy but man always put his country over his party ideology and self interest.He made this country a better place and was maybe the last great Republican.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Conviction I will give him (and, I have to admit to showing a definite admiration of conviction over pragmatic results in many cases, even in the case of derision and ridicule by certain posters, here and elsewhere). But he would have made a horrid President, all in all, and his choice of running mate, while I've read the reason for such a choice made, and it makes sense in it's own light, was a disaster in and of itself.

Yeah,he would be an awful President and i would hav vehlmently opposed his hypothetical administration,i only pointed out my admiration for him as a person who risked his career over and over to do the right thing for his country.Palin was the beggining of the decline of the GOP.

4 hours ago, Rodja said:

McCain was a hero.I disagree with him on almost everything on domestic issues and f-ing everything on foreign policy but man always put his country over his party ideology and self interest.He made this country a better place and was maybe the last great Republican.

McCain would have had us in 20 wars across the globe if he had his way (resulting in millions of deaths). And the man was more concerned with his ego than anything else. He doesn't deserve any praise or respect for the disgraceful job he did as Senator.

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

McCain would have had us in 20 wars across the globe if he had his way (resulting in millions of deaths). And the man was more concerned with his ego than anything else. He doesn't deserve any praise or respect for the disgraceful job he did as Senator.

Men with bigger Egos than McCain aren’t common, unfortunately most of Congress has a bigger ego. My least favorite would have to be the Paul’s, Ron and Rand. Nothing but self-serving men with nothing to their names but fake “anti-authority” views that go out the window the second they sniff the asshole of an authoritarian who promises to better their political careers. Especially Rand, he’s bottom of the barrel.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jvikings1 said:

He's much better than your lover boy Rand Paul. Who is a complete phony. 

McCain was one of the last Republicans that had some actual class, unlike you autocratic, enlightened despotism "libertarians" that want us to live like it's Mad Max and embark us on a clown journey back to the dark ages. 

He's also an American hero, and endured torture in Vietnam, something all of us entitled keyboard warriors couldn't begin to fathom. 

This has to be one of the shittiest takes I've read. I sometimes wonder if you say these idiotic, downright stupid things just so you don't associate yourself with other liberals (who also respect McCain.) Because you clearly have some kind of "pure" outlook on the world like a Fascist. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

He was very open about carrying on, and even expanding, Bush's illegal wars, war crimes, the utter violation of Constitutional rights, due process, and the very trust and even mandate of authority the U.S. Government holds with the (un)Patriot Act, as well as torture, drones, commando assassinations, and all those other despicable things. Obama was not open about them, and did an under-the-carpet, backdoor continuance of them, but gave voters the false idea a sense of normalcy and Government following rules they are actually bound by - domestically and internationally - was actually in the cards. 😞

Exactly. Neither were honorable men, and I will not act like either of them deserves my respect (because they don't).

4 minutes ago, Pringles said:

He's much better than your lover boy Rand Paul. Who is a complete phony. 

McCain was one of the last Republicans that had some actual class, unlike you autocratic, enlightened despotism "libertarians" that want us to live like it's Mad Max and embark us on a clown journey back to the dark ages. 

He's also an American hero, and endured torture in Vietnam, something all of us entitled keyboard warriors couldn't begin to fathom. 

This has to be one of the shittiest takes I've read. I sometimes wonder if you say these idiotic, downright stupid things just so you don't associate yourself with other liberals (who also respect McCain.) Because you clearly have some kind of "pure" outlook on the world like a Fascist. 

I am old enough to remember when liberals were accusing McCain of racism. They only "respected" him recently because he opposed Trump. Far from a principled position.

Just now, jvikings1 said:

I am old enough to remember when liberals were accusing McCain of racism. They only "respected" him recently because he opposed Trump. Far from a principled position.

I respect him for what he endured in Vietnam for all Americans. Politics aside.

9 minutes ago, Hestia said:

No, it's quite a bit more disgusting maligning a man who gave more to this country than any of us could fathom 

Maybe someone of his background should have realized the evils of war and torture. Unfortunately, he went and advocated for such policies for his entire career. Not impressive at all!

1 minute ago, jvikings1 said:

Maybe someone of his background should have realized the evils of war and torture. Unfortunately, he went and advocated for such policies for his entire career. Not impressive at all!

Maybe you have no idea what he went through, so you shouldn't tell him what he should or should not do? Absolutely disgusting and unfathomable.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

You're really messed up lol. 

2 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

I am fairly non-interventionist, but you have no right to parade around the experiences of a veteran and say what they "should have" learned from the horrible things they went through.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Your boy Rand Paul backed Trump who himself was a war monger 

5 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

He did, McCain was famously AGAINST torture. Meanwhile your boy Rand Paul stood with Trump who’s drone strikes killed innocent civilians 85% of the time because he did 0 research before bombing. 🙄

8 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Every time you comment on this thread Dick Cheney will send one hundred B-2 bombers to Iraq 😎😎😎

• Haha 1