The Political Lounge

Subscriptions Added! + Commerce Stuff

DakotaHale

I have added the ability to help keep the site running by ordering a subscription. They don't give you anything special, no badges or special rooms or anything (completely goes against the principles of an open forum), but you get a warm, fuzzy feeling of knowing that you help keep the site running 🙂

Further along the line, I plan on selling political merch such as hats, t-shirts, etc. that all goes towards funding the site, so as to give you more value back for your donation. Will also probably enlist the help of you guys if you are designer-minded, maybe even give an affiliate bonus to the designer or something.

There are 3 subscription options. $1, $2, and $5 (per month). I don't want to go any higher than $5.

With the current payment plan, the site costs ~$50 per month to run. At the time of this post there are 25 users. If each user on average donated $1, it would cut the financial load in half.

Don't feel obligated to donate. There are no tangible benefits to doing so. A subscriber and non-subscriber have access to the same stuff. I'm not struggling for money, but it's always nice to have a helping hand in keeping the site running.

Subscriptions - The Political Lounge

• Like 3

I just saw this, wow. It went completely under the radar after I tried (and failed) to pay the other day. I know you may be reluctant to do so, but perhaps making a quick pinned post in the political forum might be good for this as well so that its actually seen. @DakotaHale

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cal said:

I just saw this, wow. It went completely under the radar after I tried (and failed) to pay the other day. I know you may be reluctant to do so, but perhaps making a quick pinned post in the political forum might be good for this as well so that its actually seen. @DakotaHale

7 hours ago, vcczar said:

@DakotaHaleI would pin and tag everyone. 

Kind of on purpose lol. I don’t want to seem desperate for cash because in all honesty I can afford to pay for it myself. Just giving the option to help support the forum in case everyone’s interested enough to find it.