The Political Lounge

RIP Donald Rumsfeld

MrPotatoTed

[REMOVED]

ADMIN NOTE: While free speech is tolerated and encouraged, please do not celebrate the death of public figures. This goes in-line with our policies on encouraging violence and hate speech directed at a specific individual.

Edited by DakotaHale
Violation of Forum Rules
  • Disagree 7

1 hour ago, Mishfox said:

🥳

You’re disgusting. Like his politics or not, a man died today. He had children, a wife, and family who loved him.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

The only thing I liked about Rumsfeld was his gift for language:

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tends to be the difficult ones."

Yep.  Even the much maligned  “go to war with the army you have” quote actually made a ton of sense in context.  People just ripped it out of context to score their political points.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

You’re disgusting. Like his politics or not, a man died today. He had children, a wife, and family who loved him.

So did all the people who died in Iraq, but I guess they don’t matter because they weren’t white politicians like Donald. 🤔

• Disagree 4

1 hour ago, Mishfox said:

🥳

I can say that I have my grievances with many of the actions Rumsfeld took during his lifetime, but this is despicable behavior.

• Like 3

Eh, I’m gonna side with MishFox on this one.

Not because I agree with his assessment of Rumsfeld (I don’t), but because there’s one former President I absolutely plan to celebrate the eventual death of, and if his family doesn’t like it they should probably stay away from my social media account I guess.

• Disagree 6

6 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Not because I agree with his assessment of Rumsfeld (I don’t), but because there’s one former President I absolutely plan to celebrate the eventual death of, and if his family doesn’t like it they should probably stay away from my social media account I guess.

Wtf

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Unless its literally Hitler or Stalin then I’m not gonna root for someone’s death

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, Zenobiyl said:

Unless its literally Hitler or Stalin then I’m not gonna root for someone’s death

Totally your choice, that’s fine.

For me, a good rule of thumb is to try to live your life in a way that nobody would want to celebrate your death.

Most people...the overwhelming majority of humanity, since the beginning of time, manage to live their lives that way.

But some people fail at that, very badly, and at the end of the day their families are better off without them.

16 minutes ago, Mishfox said:

So did all the people who died in Iraq, but I guess they don’t matter because they weren’t white politicians like Donald. 🤔

Every person in Iraq that was unjustly killed during our fight against the Hussein regime is a tragedy, but don't you dare use their tragedy as political tools, and excuses to attack your political opponents.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Mishfox said:

General Georges Sada would like to disagree with you.

Edited by Timur

I always thought it was shameful to celebrate Thatcher's death (and the Guardian publishing it...I always HATE  the Guardian).

• Agree 2