The Political Lounge

Movement by Category C-Span 2021 Pres Ranking

vcczar

Here's who has risen most and dropped most since 2000 in each category (note: Bush uses the first poll he was in, which was after 2000): 

Public Persuasion

GW Bush +13

WH Harrison -9

Crisis Leadership

Grant +14

Fillmore -10

Economic Management 

Grant +9

Tyler -9

Moral Authority

Grant +14

Jackson -18

International Relations

Grant +15

Carter -8

Administrative Skills

Coolidge +8

Cleveland -11

Relations with Congress

Grant & GW Bush +15

Hayes -10

Vision/Setting an Agenda

Grant +15

Hayes -10

Pursues Equal Justice for All

Grant +12

Wilson -17

Performance within Context of Time

Grant +17

Jackson -11

22 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Coolidge rising so much in administrative skills is pretty surprising. I am obviously a fan of his style, but this is one thing I didn't expect from this group of rankers/historians.

Lots of Conservatives rose in the C-Span ranking overall:

• Eisenhower +4
  • Coolidge +3
  • Monroe +2
  • Reagan +2
  • Madison +2
  • McKinley +1

However, in regards to "this group of historians." Historians generally rank Coolidge low. From 1948-1996, Coolidge was generally a top 10 worst president -- he was top 5 worst on at least one occasion. He's improved somewhat since then. His best ranking among a major ranking study was in 2005 when he was #23 overall. In this 2021 study, he is #24. His worst was #36 of 41.

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

However, in regards to "this group of historians." Historians generally rank Coolidge low. From 1948-1996, Coolidge was generally a top 10 worst president -- he was top 5 worst on at least one occasion. He's improved somewhat since then. His best ranking among a major ranking study was in 2005 when he was #23 overall. In this 2021 study, he is #24. His worst was #36 of 41.

This is why I was surprised to see him jumping so many people in the administrative skills area. I'll have to look into who he jumped, as that might explain some more things.

2 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

This is why I was surprised to see him jumping so many people in the administrative skills area. I'll have to look into who he jumped, as that might explain some more things.

In admin skill, he jumped Clinton, Cleveland, Van Buren, Nixon, Jackson, Ford, Hayes, and Carter since 2000.

• Thanks 1