The Political Lounge

Trait Suggestion

If this already exists, I apologize for redundancy, but this idea has been floating around in my head.

If a president is impeached or becomes significantly unpopular, the president will have an 80% chance of gaining the trait "disgraced".

Any politician with the trait "disgraced" is prohibited from holding any offices. Politicians with "integrity" cannot receive "disgraced".

Any member of the president's cabinet also has a 20% chance of gaining "disgraced" as well. Proteges of the disgraced president will receive a -1 to all scores.

Members of Congress and the Supreme Court can also gain "disgraced" through impeachment.

Any member of Congress, whether a Representative or Senator, with the trait "disharmonious" has a 5% chance of proposing legislation to expel a member of an opposing ideology that also has "disharmonious". If the measure passes the chamber with a 2/3rd majority, the exiled member has an 80% chance of getting "disgraced".

There is a rare chance for a disgraced politician to lose the trait.

"Although it was once believed that [politician]'s career was dead, their popularity seems to be making a resurgence. Perhaps it is not too late to rekindle their job?"

Edited by theFreezerFlame
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, theFreezerFlame said:

If this already exists, I apologize for redundancy, but this idea has been floating around in my head.

If a president is impeached or becomes significantly unpopular, the president will have an 80% chance of gaining the trait "disgraced".

Any politician with the trait "disgraced" is prohibited from holding any offices. Politicians with "integrity" cannot receive "disgraced".

Any member of the president's cabinet also has a 20% chance of gaining "disgraced" as well. Proteges of the disgraced president will receive a -1 to all scores.

Already have most of this with retirement, but extending it to the cabinet sounds like a good idea.

3 minutes ago, theFreezerFlame said:

Any member of Congress, whether a Representative or Senator, with the trait "disharmonious" has a 5% chance of proposing legislation to expel a member of an opposing ideology that also has "disharmonious". If the measure passes the chamber with a 2/3rd majority, the exiled member has an 80% chance of getting "disgraced".

I don't think pols should have a 5% of randomly being expelled by their fellow pols because they both lack cooperation skills. Mabey in-between controversial pols when dom stab is at 1 but certainly not whenever.

7 hours ago, Imperator Taco Cat said:

I don't think pols should have a 5% of randomly being expelled by their fellow pols because they both lack cooperation skills. Mabey in-between controversial pols when dom stab is at 1 but certainly not whenever.

It is a 5% chance of the politician's law proposal being to expel a member. It would be a rare event and would rarely pass committee.