The Political Lounge

1972 - "Nixon Always Wins"

AROOOOO

Richard Nixon, President of the United States has soundly defeated Democratic nominee George McGovern in 1972. The Republicans during the campaign turned McGovern's policies of immediately ending Vietnam and establishing a guaranteed minimum income as "radical". However, Nixon faces a tough time as protests against the Vietnam War have resulted in a domestic stability crisis. Only time will tell if the re-elected President can pull the United States out of it.

@0ccultist @ShortKing @LainKino @Bushwa777 @Largo833 @Pringles @Pringles @EYates @10centjimmy @Rezi @Joe303300

Currently working on setting up incumbent positions, adding missing people (missing retirement dates grr). Off to bed now. 

• Sad 1

Cool to see 1972 era playtest. If a position ever opens the I would love to interact with it, but just in general excited to see how this plays out. Maybe we see nixon taking over the entire country as he should have and bring ultimate America to the world.

• Based 2

1 hour ago, Blockmon said:

Cool to see 1972 era playtest. If a position ever opens the I would love to interact with it, but just in general excited to see how this plays out. Maybe we see nixon taking over the entire country as he should have and bring ultimate America to the world.

if we get an opening, I'll let ya know

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LainKino said:

Wooo! Can’t wait to get this playtest started.

Btw everyone, any advice or tips since this is going to be my first time joining a playtest?

Play your ideology to get most points.  Work with your party. Have fun

48 minutes ago, LainKino said:

Wooo! Can’t wait to get this playtest started.

Btw everyone, any advice or tips since this is going to be my first time joining a playtest?

Have you incurred the wrath of the dice gods yet?

If not, you should be all good

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, EYates said:

Is it guaranteed that Watergate happens?

I think I remember seeing in the other 1972 thread, that there is a set percentage chance of Watergate firing once every two years or something like that. So, it's definitely not guaranteed, but just very likely, I think.

15 minutes ago, LainKino said:

I think I remember seeing in the other 1972 thread, that there is a set percentage chance of Watergate firing once every two years or something like that. So, it's definitely not guaranteed, but just very likely, I think.

Trust me, it won’t 

Just now, EYates said:

image.jpeg.885134f10937430ad874308e8821ccf5.jpeg

Only me and my inner circle will know what is exactly happening, so if you hear something like Watergate Breakin it’s fake news

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, LainKino said:

75% chance to fire with a president who has controversial

• Thanks 2

RED DRAFT

Red 1: Prog Lib Mod - highest PV: President Richard Nixon

Red 2: Lib Mod - Former Associate Justice Earl Warren

Red 3: Mod Con - Secretary of Defense Elliot Richardson

Red 4: Con Trad - Senator Strom Thurmond

Red 5: Con Trad RW Pop - Governor Ronald Reagan

43 minutes ago, Arkansas Progressive said:

RED DRAFT

Red 1: Prog Lib Mod - highest PV: President Richard Nixon

Red 2: Lib Mod - Former Associate Justice Earl Warren

Red 3: Mod Con - Secretary of Defense Elliot Richardson

Red 4: Con Trad - Senator Strom Thurmond

Red 5: Con Trad RW Pop - Governor Ronald Reagan

You have sheets yet?  Need email addresses?