The Political Lounge

1972 - "Nixon Always Wins"

2 minutes ago, ShortKing said:

tbf I think she has low pv for a dumb reason, I remember noticing it a few months back when HiesterBot worked and wondering why V was so harsh on her

Are you talking about Janet Yellen? I’m not sure why she’s PV -1 if you’re talking about her. I just go down the categories and they get the PV they get. People that are only cabinet their historical careers generally have a low PV. 

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Are you talking about Janet Yellen? I’m not sure why she’s PV -1 if you’re talking about her. I just go down the categories and they get the PV they get. People that are only cabinet their historical careers generally have a low PV. 

Yeah Yellen. I think it was low because she had Lackey iirc and that's worth -50 pts or so

Just wanted to note that regarding my faction's lack of special interests or lobbies, I dug up the section of the rules that looks like it says I should still get one-

All factions get at least one interest – if after following the instructions above a faction is left without an interest, they will receive the eligible interest that matches the largest number of their politicians, provided that they have at least five politicians with that interest.

Rules for lobbies don't say the same thing explicitly, but it does say that every faction gets at least one lobby, so I assume it's the same criteria.  If I'm understanding the rules correctly, the factions currently without special interests or lobbies should gain the following-

Largo- Expansionist interest, Military-Industrial lobby
0ccult- Expansionist interest
10cent- Expansionist interest
Pringles- RW Activists interest
ShortKing- RW Activists interest

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Largo833 said:

Just wanted to note that regarding my faction's lack of special interests or lobbies, I dug up the section of the rules that looks like it says I should still get one-

All factions get at least one interest – if after following the instructions above a faction is left without an interest, they will receive the eligible interest that matches the largest number of their politicians, provided that they have at least five politicians with that interest.

Rules for lobbies don't say the same thing explicitly, but it does say that every faction gets at least one lobby, so I assume it's the same criteria.  If I'm understanding the rules correctly, the factions currently without special interests or lobbies should gain the following-

Largo- Expansionist interest, Military-Industrial lobby
0ccult- Expansionist interest
10cent- Expansionist interest
Pringles- RW Activists interest
ShortKing- RW Activists interest

Yea figured. I hate cards *grumble grumble grumble*

@0ccultist @ShortKing @LainKino @Bushwa777 @Largo833 @Pringles @EYates @10centjimmy @Rezi @Joe303300

Career Track

Five Rookies (once per track)

You can either submit your picks here (and I'll do it) or you can place them yourself (and tell me you're done)

Random States/Traits assignment

@10centjimmy Drew Edmonds gains integrity

@LainKino James Roosevelt gains Orator and Bill Richardson gains unlikeable

@0ccultist Ray Lahood gains teflon

@EYates Christine Todd Whitman gains Harmonious

@Joe303300 Woody Johnson gains alt state of IL, Mike Oxley gains alt state of VT, Jimmy Duncan gains alt state of ND, and Woody Jenkins gains alt state of OK

@Largo833 Jim Ramstad gains alt state of AR

11 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

Private: Steve Forbes

Military: James Ellis

Exec: Haley Barbour

Admin: Jeff Sessons

Leg: Tom DeLay

Judicial: Roy Moore

Backroom: Tom Ridge 

@Arkansas Progressive do you want me to do Joe's as well?

Sure, or I'd CPU him

3 hours ago, Arkansas Progressive said:

Random States/Traits assignment

@10centjimmy Drew Edmonds gains integrity

@LainKino James Roosevelt gains Orator and Bill Richardson gains unlikeable

@0ccultist Ray Lahood gains teflon

@EYates Christine Todd Whitman gains Harmonious

@Joe303300 Woody Johnson gains alt state of IL, Mike Oxley gains alt state of VT, Jimmy Duncan gains alt state of ND, and Woody Jenkins gains alt state of OK

@Largo833 Jim Ramstad gains alt state of AR

Okay, I updated those two with their additional traits and I think that I've got the career track picks done correctly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Arkansas Progressive said:

@0ccultist @ShortKing @LainKino @Bushwa777 @Largo833 @Pringles @EYates @10centjimmy @Rezi @Joe303300

Career Track

Five Rookies (once per track)

You can either submit your picks here (and I'll do it) or you can place them yourself (and tell me you're done)

Private Track -  Christine Todd Whitman

Military Track - Oliver North

State Admin Track - Alphonso Jackson

State Judicial Track - Christine M Durham

State Governing - Mike DeWine

State Legislature Track - Jan Brewer

Backroom Politics - Robert H. Tuttle

• Like 1

Private Track -  Jeanne Shaheen

Military Track - Virgil Goode (attempt)

State Admin Track - Janet Yellen

State Judicial Track - Alexis Herman