The Political Lounge

Will you get vaccinated?

Timur

Will you get vaccinated?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Will you get vaccinated?

I've been vaccinated for weeks. 

15 minutes ago, Zenobiyl said:

I have to get away from my parents first. They are rabidly anti-vax, and I’m not sure I can get it while I live with them without them finding out.

That sounds like a kind of child abuse. I would just go to a place that gives out vaccinations if you ever get even an hour's time away from them. It's for their own good as much as your own good.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

I will when it gets FDA-approved.

4 hours ago, Zenobiyl said:

I have to get away from my parents first. They are rabidly anti-vax, and I’m not sure I can get it while I live with them without them finding out.

The latest report is that more than 99% of the people dying of Covid now are unvaccinated. 

I got the first dose the day it became available at the hospital where I work -- approximately Dec 23rd.  By December 26th, I had a sore throat and a fever, which I assumed were just side effects.  Within a week, I'd lost all sense of taste and smell -- sure enough, I tested positive for COVID.

But despite the fact that I never quarantined from my family, and indeed my daughter was sitting on my lap sometimes while I was coughing (because it never occurred to me at first that I might actually have COVID), my wife and daughter never got it from me.  Likewise, my own symptoms were very mild despite having a few co-morbidities that should have made it worse.

So while the timing was a lucky coincidence, the fact that I got the first dose of the vaccine just days before becoming symptomatic with COVID may have saved my life and almost certainly protected my family even though they weren't vaccinated yet.

As for the second dose, I got it on inauguration day -- zero problems, other than a back ache that went away a couple hours later.

• Like 2

No way am I taking that experimental trash, especially when I am in a category with basically no risk from the thing. I don't get the flu shot either because I don't need it (and that is potentially more deadly to me than this).

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

No way am I taking that experimental trash, especially when I am in a category with basically no risk from the thing. I don't get the flu shot either because I don't need it (and that is potentially more deadly to me than this).

Though I do agree with the flu vaccination part.

Edited by Timur

The vaccine actually has a microchip installed. Place a magnet next to your arm after getting the vaccine and it will stick!!!! It's the mark of the beast! The mark of Satan!

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Pringles said:

The vaccine actually has a microchip installed. Place a magnet next to your arm after getting the vaccine and it will stick!!!! It's the mark of the beast! The mark of Satan!

A magnet!

27 minutes ago, Timur said:

Though I do agree with the flu vaccination part.

24 minutes ago, Pringles said:

Why am I not surprised...

Good thing neither of your opinions of my personal health decision matter. You do what you want, and I will do the same

1 minute ago, Hestia said:

Then I hope you're wearing a mask 🙂 those are the options to keep not just oneself but others safe.

Haha, I haven't been wearing a useless mask from the beginning. Screw that nonsense! 🤣

• Confused 1
  • Disagree 2

1 minute ago, Hestia said:

Then you're an idiot plain and simple 🙂 thanks for telling us.

I've enjoyed living my life the past year not listening to "experts" who flip flop at every chance they get and don't follow their own rules. So if that means I get called silly names, so be it

• Disagree 1

Masks are actually a scheme made by the rich elite who want to turn our lives into a masked society like you see in their satanic rituals in the Bohemian Grove! We gotta step up and stop the mask mandates!!! They're corrupting the very core of society!

• Haha 1

Also medical "experts" are actually Rosicrucians trying to test their new-fangled mind-controlling chemicals on the people.

• Haha 2