The Political Lounge

AMPU Playtest Draft

At some point, most likely tomorrow (Tuesday), I'll give you all access to the playtest draft. 

Here is the draft order. Those of the Blue Party will only be able to draft Blue politicians. Those of the Red Party will only be able to draft Red politicians. The draft will continue until all politicians are drafted. 

You can privately submit me a list of preferences. This could be a list of politician names, list of preferred skills, ideologies, etc. However, you can also wait until your turn arrives. If given a list, I'll use the list as if you were automating the draft. 

Here is the draft order for Blue: 1) @Rezi 2) @themiddlepolitical 3) @Rodja 4) @WVProgressive 5) @Hestia 6) @MrPotatoTed as the CPU. 

Here is the draft order for Red: 1) @jvikings1 2) @DakotaHale 3) @SilentLiberty 4) @Cal 5) @ConservativeElector2 6) @MrPotatoTed as CPU. 

Please use an emoji to let me know that you've read and understood this. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

Ok, I gave you all access to the Spreadsheet already. You can look at the draft picks and your faction's tab. Ignore all the other tabs for now. I'm working on those. What remains is from a former playtest.

• Like 1

@Rezi @themiddlepolitical @jvikings1 @DakotaHale since y'all are new. Take a look at the "Draft" tab and let me know if you have any questions about any of the states. 

Here's some help: 

• Command ability of 1 or higher is needed to become president. Command allows you to do executive actions. The higher the number, the more active you can be.
  • Legislative ability of 1 or higher allows you to be in the US Senate or US Rep. The higher the ability the higher up you can rise. 
  • Governing ability of 1 or higher allows you to be a governor. The higher the number, the more governor actions you can succeed at. A president wants this number high to help with domestic issues. 
  • Judicial ability of 1 or higher allows you to be a SC Justice. The higher the number the more benefits you have -- harder to block, harder to convert your opinion, etc. 
  • Military ability of 1 or higher allows you to be a general or admiral. The higher the number, the more likely you are to win a battle. 
  • Administrative ability of 1 or higher allows you to serve in the cabinet. The higher the number, the more able you'll be in the cabinet.

Expertise helps in deciding what kind of cabinet officer you can be, what committee you can join, and in what areas you are more likely to do better at when trying to implement a policy. 

A bunch of other stuff is also important. Ask if you want to know more.

• Like 1

For drafting, I’d want to know more about how the Era of Independence works. Assuming we are playing through the revolutionary war and articles of confederation there will be very different rules at the beginning than I’m used to 🙂 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cal said:

For drafting, I’d want to know more about how the Era of Independence works. Assuming we are playing through the revolutionary war and articles of confederation there will be very different rules at the beginning than I’m used to 🙂 

It's different in that:

• There's no Kingmaker phase
  • Congressional Leadership is replaced by Continental Delegation. Each player will make a bid for each spot. Big states (NY, PA, and VA) get 4 delegates, medium sized states get 3, and small states get 2. Delegates must have 1 Legis.
  • President of the Congress must have 1 command. While he's called President, he operates more like a Speaker. However, the president can make appointments once offices are created. President will also decide on General and Scripted events. However, Congress must approve the president's scripted response. President appoints committees. 
  • For voting, each state gets a vote. This means 4 NY delegates have the same power as 2 DE delegates.
  • US President, US Senate, US House elections do no occur. Governor's Elections do occur, but Governor Actions are not possible until Independence is declared. 
  • There is no Supreme Court
  • There is no diplomacy phase (but diplomacy will occur via events)
  • There is a military phase so generals and admirals will need to be appointed.
  • There will be a Constitution Convention that is triggered in 1788, but it can happen earlier, although it won't go into effect until 1788. The game reverts to normal in 1788. 

Alright, it's time to draft. Look at the draft order in the first post. You have 24 hours to make a pick, although the earliest you can do it, the faster the draft will be. After you draft, make sure to tag the person who drafts next for your color. You can only draft politicians of your party color. See the "draft" tab. Once a draft is made, and I'm online to move the politician, you'll see him or her under the tab with your name. 

@Rezi drafts first for Blue 

@jvikings1 drafts first for Red

8 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@themiddlepolitical picks Daniel Boone. @Rodja

John Hancock and Boone in the same faction vying for power, gotta love it 😉

• Like 1

I'm about to take off for the day from the CPU. Make sure to check this thread and see who has been drafted before declaring your pick, since I won't have updated the draft tab until tomorrow. Make sure to tag the next person to draft from your party. 

Have fun

• Like 1