The Political Lounge

AMPU-like Modern Day RP

Rodja

@quandaledingle0 @Willthescout7 @Wiw @WVProgressive @ebrk85 @Edouard @Rezi @Timur @The Blood @themiddlepolitical @Ich_bin_Tyler @Imperator Taco Cat @OrangeP47 @pilight @Pringles @ShortKing @Sean F Kennedy @DakotaHale @DJBillyShakes @Dobs @Hestia @jnewt @jvikings1 @Joe303300 @Kitten @Zenobiyl @Cal @Cenzonico @Vols21 @Blockmon @Beetlejuice @Bushwa777 @Mark_W @mark2 and others

Inspired by our friend @OrangeP47 i have decided to run AMPU-like Modern Day RP.

This RP will be its own thing but will rely strongly on AMPU.Imagine AMPU without strict rules and only dice rolls determining your success.

Rules are following

1.Start Date will be Inaugural Phase 2017 starting with inauguration of the Orange Men.

2.The game will move in phases rather than turns,most phases taken from AMPU with some excluded,some added and almost all changed and simplified.

3.There will be no points.

4.The RP will focus more on each politician of a faction individually giving you a chance to RP as any Sen or Gov.

5.You should be active at least ones every 24 hours

6.Each party will be divided in 5 factions

DEMOCRATS

1.Left Wing Dems @The Blood

Notable Politicians

Sen.Bernie Sanders,AOC,Rep.Tulsi Gabbard,Nina Turner,Rep.Barbara Lee

2.Progressive Dems @Blockmon

Notable Politicians

Sen.Elizabeth Warren,Sen.Jeff Merkley,Sen.Sherrod Brown,Gov.Jerry Brown,Rep.Mark Pocan

3.Liberal Dems @WVProgressive

Notable Politicans

Pres.Barack Obama,Hillary Clinton,Nancy Pelosi,Sen.Chuck Schumer,Sen.Kamala Harris

4.Moderate Dems @Dobs

Notable Politicians

VP Joe Biden,Rep.Jerry Nadler,Gov.Andrew Cuomo,Sen.Dick Durbin,Sen.Dianne Feinstein

5.Blue Dogs @Cenzonico

Notable Politicians

Sen.Joe Manchin,Sen.Heidi Heitkamp,Rep.Jim Costa,Rep.Henry Cullear

REPUBLICANS

1.MAGA Republicans @WVProgressive

Notable Politicians

Pres.Donald Trump,Mr.Steve Bannon,Rep.Ron DeSantis,Sen.Rand Paul

2.Right Wing Republicans @Cenzonico

Notable Politicians

Sen.Ted Cruz,VP Mike Pence,Sen.Ron Johnson,Rep.Jim Jordan

3.Conservative Republicans @Blockmon

Notable Politicians

Rep.Kevin McCarthy,Sen.Mitch McConnell,Sen.John Cornyn

4.Mainstream Republicans @Dobs

Notable Politicians

Sen.John McCain,Sen.Lindsey Graham,Gov.Chris Christie

5.Moderate Republicans @The Blood

Notable Politicians

Gov.John Kasich,Gov.Nikki Haley,Sen.Susan Collins

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE PICK YOUR PARTY AND FACTION RIGHT AWAY!

Edited by Rodja
  • Like 1

I’ll take the MAGA Republicans

10 minutes ago, Rodja said:

@WVProgressive @Dobs @Cenzonico @Blockmon @The Blood

Since it seems we reached the limit of interest and I am very excited to get this going,how would you guys feeling about controling one faction per party,meaning you get to pick one more faction from the other party.That way we could kick off as soon as tomorrow.

I will take con faction then

1 hour ago, Rodja said:

@WVProgressive @Dobs @Cenzonico @Blockmon @The Blood

Since it seems we reached the limit of interest and I am very excited to get this going,how would you guys feeling about controling one faction per party,meaning you get to pick one more faction from the other party.That way we could kick off as soon as tomorrow.

I’ll go with the Moderates

@WVProgressive @The Blood @Blockmon @Dobs @Cenzonico

INAUGURAL PHASE 2017

While I set the sheet up we can kick off the first phase as it is more narrative RP kind of one

America is getting ready for inauguration of its 45th and most divisive President ever elected Donald J.Trump together with his running mate Michael R Pence.

It's morning on January 20th 2017.The day has come,the day that might change America forever.

@WVProgressive

Pres.Trump should deliver his Inaugural address this phase.

@WVProgressive @Blockmon @Dobs @Cenzonico

For other factions I need some kind of reaction from your leaders to the inauguration.Will they attend,how will they address the controversial President,etc.

You have time until I set up the sheet which will happen hopefully in the next 24 hours.

( @Rodja I know we discussed the unconventional way I plan on communicating my actions previously, and you approved it in concept, but I just wanted to run it by you again now that it is actually written so that you can either approve or deny it since I know that its possible the idea you had in your head when I told you about this might have been different from what I have actually written.)

12:00 PM, January 20th, 2017

Chief Justice Roberts, President Carter, President Bush, President Obama, and my fellow Americans: Thank you. I am heartened by the fact that you have you all have shown out here today to celebrate the of the greatest traditions of our republic, the peaceful transition of power. I’m saddened that the Clintons, and the other President Bush could not make it here today, but that’s their loss. For today’s ceremony has a very special meaning.

Today, we are not merely transferring power from one administration to another. Nor are we simply transferring power from one party to another. Instead, we are transferring power from Washington, D.C., and giving it back to you, the people.

For too long a small group in our nation’s capital has reaped the rewards, and privileges of government, while the people have borne the cost. Washington has flourished, but the people have not shared in her wealth. Politicians, and lobbyists have prospered while factories close, and jobs are shipped oversees. The establishment has insulated itself from any burden or responsibility, while leaving the common man out in the cold. Their pleasure has not been your pleasure, and your pain was never their pain.

While our so-called leaders celebrated in our nation’s capital, the people who make up the bedrock of our society have been left with little to celebrate. But that changes right here, right now. Because this moment, is your moment. It belongs to you. It belongs to everyone gathered here today, and watching all across America. This is your day. Your celebration. And this, the United States of America, is your country.

It matters not which party does or does not controls the government. What matters if whether or not our government is controlled by the people. This day, January the 20th, 2017, be remembered as the day that the people became the rulers of this nation once again.

The forgotten men, and women of this country shall be forgotten no longer. They tried to tell us that it was impossible, that we could never win. Well you all came by the tens of millions, and proved them wrong. All the doubters are silent today, because they were wrong, and we won.

At the center of this movement is a crucial conviction that a nation exists to serve its citizens. Americans want good schools for their children, safe neighborhoods for their families, and good jobs for themselves. These are just, and reasonable demands of righteous people, and a righteous public. But for too long, for too many of our citizens, these rights demands have been refused by an uncaring, unscrupulous ruling class.

The poverty in our inner cities have trapped countless mothers, and their children within its vise grip. Rusted-out factories are scattered across the Midwest like tombstones. Our education system is the most well funded in the world, but it nonetheless leaves our young intellectually deprived, and lacking in preparedness for the real world. Too many lives have been claimed by the rampant crime, and drug use which is running ravage through our communities.

This American carnage stops today. We are one nation, their pain is our pain. Their dreams, are our dreams. Their success will be out success. We share one heart, one home, and one glorious destiny. The oath I take today is an oath of allegiance to every American.

For decades we have enriched foreign industry at the expense of our own. We have taken on the role of the world’s policeman, while neglecting our veterans at home. We’ve defended the sovereignty of other nations, while refusing to defend our own. We’ve spent trillions of dollars overseas while our infrastructure has decayed, and fallen into disrepair. We’ve made other countries rich while the wealth, strength, and confidence of our country has been drained out of us.

But that is the past. And today, we look towards the future. We assemble here today to issue a new decree which shall be heard in every city, every foreign capital, and every hall of power. From this day forward, a new vision will govern our land. To the global cosmopolitan elite demanding global integration we say to you: ‘You shall not press down upon the brow of the American working man this crown of thorns; you shall not crucify this country upon a cross of globalism!’ From this day forward, we shall always put America first.

Every decision on trade, taxes, immigration, or foreign affairs, will be made to benefit Americans. We must protect our borders from the ravages of other countries making our products, stealing our companies, and destroying our jobs. Protection will lead to prosperity. Prosperity will lead to strength. I will fight for you with every breath in my body – and I will never, ever let you down. America will start winning again, winning like never before.

We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth. And we will bring back our dreams. We will build new roads, and highways, new bridges, and airports, new tunnels, and railways all across our wonderful nation. We will get our people off of welfare and back to work – rebuilding our country with American hands and American labor.

We will seek friendship and goodwill with the nations of the world – but we do so with the understanding that it is the right of all nations to put their own interests first. We do not seek to impose our way of life on anyone, but rather to let it shine as an example — we will shine — for everyone to follow. Likewise, we shall not allow anyone else to impose upon us their culture, or their aims, for our culture, and our aims are the greatest in the world. We will reinforce old alliances and form new ones – and unite the civilized world against radical Islamic terrorism, which we will eradicate completely from the face of the Earth.

At the bedrock of our politics will be a total allegiance to the United States of America, and through our loyalty to our country, we will rediscover our loyalty to each other. When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice. The Bible tells us, “How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity.” We must speak our minds openly, debate our disagreements honestly, but always pursue solidarity. When America is united, America is totally unstoppable.

There should be no fear – we are protected, and we will always be protected. We will be protected by the great men and women of our military and law enforcement. But most importantly, we are protected by God, for we are his people, and this is his country.

Finally, we must think big and dream even bigger. In America, we understand that a nation is only living as long as it is striving. We will no longer accept politicians who are all talk and no action – constantly complaining but never doing anything about it. The time for empty talk is over. Now arrives the hour of action.

Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and spirit of America. We will not fail. Our country will thrive and prosper once again.

We stand at the birth of a new millennium, ready to unlock the mysteries of space, to free the Earth from the miseries of disease, and to harness the energies, industries and technologies of tomorrow. All backed by the traditional values which has formed the bedrock of our country since its inception. A new national pride will stir our souls, lift our sights, and heal our divisions.

It is time to remember that old wisdom our soldiers will never forget: that whether we are black or brown or white, we all bleed the same red blood of patriots, we all enjoy the same glorious freedoms, and we all salute the same great American flag. Whether a child is born in the urban sprawl of Detroit or the wind-swept plains of Nebraska, they look up at the same night sky, they fill their heart with the same dreams, and they are infused with the breath of life by the same almighty Creator.

So to all Americans, in every city near and far, small and large, from the mountains to the plains, and from coast to coast, hear these words: You will never be ignored again. Your voice, your hopes, and your dreams will define our American destiny. And your courage and righteousness will forever guide us along the way.

Together, we will make America strong again. We will make America wealthy again. We will make America proud again. We will make America safe again. And yes, together we will make America great again. Thank you, God bless you, and God bless America.”

12:05 PM, January 20th, 2017

Bill is stuffing his face like a slob, you can just tell he wishes we were at McDonald’s. I try to ignore him, and focus on Hillary, who hasn’t even touched her shrimp ceviche. “I know its uncouth for a former President, and former First Lady to skip an inauguration, but it’s important that we did in order to show that we won’t be taking Trump’s illegitimate Presidency sitting down.” I tell her. I’m lying through my teeth, of course, I only suggested going here so I could avoid having to sit through the crushing boredom of inauguration day.

Now let’s get onto the topic of your political comeback.” I say. In all honesty, her career’s dead, but that idiot Mook is out of the picture, and I’ve been offered the salary of a lifetime, so I’ll hold my tongue so long as she keeps signing my checks. “The majority of the voters in this country wanted you to be President, barring a 9/11 level catastrophe you’ve got a much stronger mandate to run again than even Al Gore.” I tell her, “The swing states went for him because he was an outsider, what if for 2020 I reinvented myself as an outsider, a breath of fresh air from the Republicans?” Hillary suggests. Hillary Clinton the outsider. I have to stop myself from laughing at the seer absurdity of it.

No, no, after Trump no doubt bumbles his way through one term, Americans will be yearning for a return to boring stability, and who better encapsulates that better than you?” I ask her. Of course there’s Biden, or Heitkamp, or any other boring career politician with a D next to their name. “What we need to focus on right now, is keeping you in the news, and building a record of stable leadership,” I suggest, “I really do think that getting elected to public office again is the next best move for your career.” I continue. It’s also the next best move for my bank account given the fact that I charge double for consulting someone while they’re running for office. “What did you have in mind?” Hillary asks, “I have a few ideas…”

11:30 PM, January 20th, 2017

Who’s the new kid?” Steve Bannon asked pointing at the woman across the table from him lighting a cigarette. ‘Kid’ was rather inaccurate given the fact that the woman was rapidly, and catastrophically approaching her 40s. “Carol, or something, Trump was the one who wanted her here.” Stephen Miller said, idly examining the menu. The woman rolled her eyes, and pulled out a business card holder.

It’s Pat Winters, Carol is my daughter’s name,” She began placing two eggshell white business cards on the table, and sliding them over to Bannon, and Miller, “You might be more familiar with my work, I was the campaign manager for Miami-Dade county.” she continued. “Miami-Dade…” Bannon said, picking up the business card, “I remember we lost that county.” he continued, putting the business card in his pocket. “But my campaign strategies did lead to us winning the Cuban American vote, which in turn helped us win Florida.” Pat replied.

Well governing is a lot different than getting elected.” Bannon told her, “I know,” Pat said simply yet firmly, “Now that reminds me, can we get to what this meeting was actually supposed to be about?” she asked turning to Miller who nodded. “The big man’s charge us with coming up with finalizing his cabinet.” Miller said.

We should focus on putting our allies in control of domestic cabinet positions, Education, Attorney General, Homeland, etc.” Pat said, “I think we should prioritize putting one of our guys at State, instead of Attorney General.” Bannon replied. “No, we’re already in control of the Commander in Chief, and have final say over the nation’s foreign policy.” Pat told him, “If we don’t give Defense, or State anything major to do they can’t fuck it up, but we do plan on being active domestically, and if we put RINOs in those positions they could sabotage us.” she continued. “Well what about our economic policy?” Miller suggested, “We can give those to anyone, other than trade we’re really not all that different from Bush or Rubio, and again we have the final say on foreign policy, and tariffs.” Pat said.

The band started to play. Pat took a sip of her highball as she looked over to the stage. Her eyes locked with the steely blue eyes of the singer on stage. Auburn hair cut into a bob curtained the singer’s face. A rich mezzo-soprano voice emanated out of pink, pouty lips. Her dress hung tightly, and complimented her large-

Pat.” Miller said, breaking her from her reverie, “Are you tired or something, you zoned out for a minute?” he asked. She took another sip of her highball and huffed, “I have two kids, and a full time job, when aren’t I tired?” she joked. Both the men laughed, “Where are your kids tonight?” Bannon asked, “My husband’s watching them.” Pat answered, he seemed to snicker at her answer. The band’s song faded out, and the singer left the stage, “You two go on home, I’ll finish up the cabinet, and send it over to you guys tomorrow.” Pat offered taking another sip of her highball.

Fine by me.” Bannon said, getting up from his seat, “Remember what we talked about.” Miller told her as he got up, and left. Pat gave him a thumbs up, “I was the one doing most the speaking.” she mumbled. She waited for them to leave, chugged the last of her highball, snuffed out her cigarette, and got out of her chair.

Once she was outside, Pat took a breath, texted her husband that she would be late getting home, and took off her wedding ring. She walked down the alleyway that led to the rear of the nightclub, and saw that the singer was out there. “Hello.” Pat introduced herself nervously, “Hello…” the singer replied, studying Pat’s face. Suddenly, a spark of realization twinkled in her eyes, and an easy smile crossed her face, “You saw me sing, didn’t you.” she said.

Yeah, you can call me Patricia, Patricia Ashcroft.” Pat said extending a hand to the singer, “Elise.” she said taking Pat’s hand. “Now tell me, Ms. Ashcroft, why did a pretty girl such as yourself decide to meet me in a dark alley late at night?” Elise probed, a small smile already on her face, Pat looked around to ensure they were alone, “Well, the hotel I’m staying at gave me a full bed instead of a twin, and I need some help filling it out.” she said. Elise gave a bemused laugh, but nonetheless took Pat’s arm. Pat gave a small smile as she led Elise to her car, a pang of regret being washed away by a sea of desire.

12:01 AM, January 21st, 2017.

When is mom coming home, dad?” Noah Winters asked his father, Clay as he sat in his den. “She’s working late tonight, you’ll see her tomorrow morning bud,” Clay told his son, “Come on, let’s get you to bed, kid.” he continued, picking up his son, and carrying him to the little boy’s bedroom. As he placed his son on his bed the home’s landline rang.

Clay left his son’s room, and answered the phone. “Hello?” he asked, “Hey, is this Pat Winters’ husband?” the man on the other line asked. “Yes, it is, who is this?” Clay asked, “This is Steve, I work with your wife, just wanted to ask you to remind her to send me, and Steve the President’s list of cabinet nominee’s once she’s done with it.” the man said. Clay sighed at being reduced to a secretary, “Once she gets home, I’ll tell her.” he said, “She isn’t home yet?” the man asked. “No, she told me the three of you had to work late, and that she wouldn’t be home until much later.” Clay answered, “Huh, that’s weird, she told us she’d finish up the list of nominees at home, and not to worry about it.” Steve replied. A seed of doubt began to sprout in Clay’s mind, “Well, maybe she had other business to attend to…” he said, hanging up before the man on the other end could reply. For the rest of the night, Clay sat in his den, and ruminated.

2 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

( @Rodja I know we discussed the unconventional way I plan on communicating my actions previously, and you approved it in concept, but I just wanted to run it by you again now that it is actually written so that you can either approve or deny it since I know that its possible the idea you had in your head when I told you about this might have been different from what I have actually written.)

Chief Justice Roberts, President Carter, President Bush, President Obama, and my fellow Americans: Thank you. I am heartened by the fact that you have you all have shown out here today to celebrate the of the greatest traditions of our republic, the peaceful transition of power. I’m saddened that the Clintons, and the other President Bush could not make it here today, but that’s their loss. For today’s ceremony has a very special meaning.

Today, we are not merely transferring power from one administration to another. Nor are we simply transferring power from one party to another. Instead, we are transferring power from Washington, D.C., and giving it back to you, the people.

For too long a small group in our nation’s capital has reaped the rewards, and privileges of government, while the people have borne the cost. Washington has flourished, but the people have not shared in her wealth. Politicians, and lobbyists have prospered while factories close, and jobs are shipped oversees. The establishment has insulated itself from any burden or responsibility, while leaving the common man out in the cold. Their pleasure has not been your pleasure, and your pain was never their pain.

While our so-called leaders celebrated in our nation’s capital, the people who make up the bedrock of our society have been left with little to celebrate. But that changes right here, right now. Because this moment, is your moment. It belongs to you. It belongs to everyone gathered here today, and watching all across America. This is your day. Your celebration. And this, the United States of America, is your country.

It matters not which party does or does not controls the government. What matters if whether or not our government is controlled by the people. This day, January the 20th, 2017, be remembered as the day that the people became the rulers of this nation once again.

The forgotten men, and women of this country shall be forgotten no longer. They tried to tell us that it was impossible, that we could never win. Well you all came by the tens of millions, and proved them wrong. All the doubters are silent today, because they were wrong, and we won.

At the center of this movement is a crucial conviction that a nation exists to serve its citizens. Americans want good schools for their children, safe neighborhoods for their families, and good jobs for themselves. These are just, and reasonable demands of righteous people, and a righteous public. But for too long, for too many of our citizens, these rights demands have been refused by an uncaring, unscrupulous ruling class.

The poverty in our inner cities have trapped countless mothers, and their children within its vise grip. Rusted-out factories are scattered across the Midwest like tombstones. Our education system is the most well funded in the world, but it nonetheless leaves our young intellectually deprived, and lacking in preparedness for the real world. Too many lives have been claimed by the rampant crime, and drug use which is running ravage through our communities.

This American carnage stops today. We are one nation, their pain is our pain. Their dreams, are our dreams. Their success will be out success. We share one heart, one home, and one glorious destiny. The oath I take today is an oath of allegiance to every American.

For decades we have enriched foreign industry at the expense of our own. We have taken on the role of the world’s policeman, while neglecting our veterans at home. We’ve defended the sovereignty of other nations, while refusing to defend our own. We’ve spent trillions of dollars overseas while our infrastructure has decayed, and fallen into disrepair. We’ve made other countries rich while the wealth, strength, and confidence of our country has been drained out of us.

But that is the past. And today, we look towards the future. We assemble here today to issue a new decree which shall be heard in every city, every foreign capital, and every hall of power. From this day forward, a new vision will govern our land. To the global cosmopolitan elite demanding global integration we say to you: ‘You shall not press down upon the brow of the American working man this crown of thorns; you shall not crucify this country upon a cross of globalism!’ From this day forward, we shall always put America first.

Every decision on trade, taxes, immigration, or foreign affairs, will be made to benefit Americans. We must protect our borders from the ravages of other countries making our products, stealing our companies, and destroying our jobs. Protection will lead to prosperity. Prosperity will lead to strength. I will fight for you with every breath in my body – and I will never, ever let you down. America will start winning again, winning like never before.

We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth. And we will bring back our dreams. We will build new roads, and highways, new bridges, and airports, new tunnels, and railways all across our wonderful nation. We will get our people off of welfare and back to work – rebuilding our country with American hands and American labor.

We will seek friendship and goodwill with the nations of the world – but we do so with the understanding that it is the right of all nations to put their own interests first. We do not seek to impose our way of life on anyone, but rather to let it shine as an example — we will shine — for everyone to follow. Likewise, we shall not allow anyone else to impose upon us their culture, or their aims, for our culture, and our aims are the greatest in the world. We will reinforce old alliances and form new ones – and unite the civilized world against radical Islamic terrorism, which we will eradicate completely from the face of the Earth.

At the bedrock of our politics will be a total allegiance to the United States of America, and through our loyalty to our country, we will rediscover our loyalty to each other. When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice. The Bible tells us, “How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity.” We must speak our minds openly, debate our disagreements honestly, but always pursue solidarity. When America is united, America is totally unstoppable.

There should be no fear – we are protected, and we will always be protected. We will be protected by the great men and women of our military and law enforcement. But most importantly, we are protected by God, for we are his people, and this is his country.

Finally, we must think big and dream even bigger. In America, we understand that a nation is only living as long as it is striving. We will no longer accept politicians who are all talk and no action – constantly complaining but never doing anything about it. The time for empty talk is over. Now arrives the hour of action.

Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and spirit of America. We will not fail. Our country will thrive and prosper once again.

We stand at the birth of a new millennium, ready to unlock the mysteries of space, to free the Earth from the miseries of disease, and to harness the energies, industries and technologies of tomorrow. All backed by the traditional values which has formed the bedrock of our country since its inception. A new national pride will stir our souls, lift our sights, and heal our divisions.

It is time to remember that old wisdom our soldiers will never forget: that whether we are black or brown or white, we all bleed the same red blood of patriots, we all enjoy the same glorious freedoms, and we all salute the same great American flag. Whether a child is born in the urban sprawl of Detroit or the wind-swept plains of Nebraska, they look up at the same night sky, they fill their heart with the same dreams, and they are infused with the breath of life by the same almighty Creator.

So to all Americans, in every city near and far, small and large, from the mountains to the plains, and from coast to coast, hear these words: You will never be ignored again. Your voice, your hopes, and your dreams will define our American destiny. And your courage and righteousness will forever guide us along the way.

Together, we will make America strong again. We will make America wealthy again. We will make America proud again. We will make America safe again. And yes, together we will make America great again. Thank you, God bless you, and God bless America.”

Bill is stuffing his face like a slob, you can just tell he wishes we were at McDonald’s. I try to ignore him, and focus on Hillary, who hasn’t even touched her shrimp ceviche. “I know its uncouth for a former President, and former First Lady to skip an inauguration, but it’s important that we did in order to show that we won’t be taking Trump’s illegitimate Presidency sitting down.” I tell her. I’m lying through my teeth, of course, I only suggested going here so I could avoid having to sit through the crushing boredom of inauguration day.

Now let’s get onto the topic of your political comeback.” I say. In all honesty, her career’s dead, but that idiot Mook is out of the picture, and I’ve been offered the salary of a lifetime, so I’ll hold my tongue so long as she keeps signing my checks. “The majority of the voters in this country wanted you to be President, barring a 9/11 level catastrophe you’ve got a much stronger mandate to run again than even Al Gore.” I tell her, “The swing states went for him because he was an outsider, what if for 2020 I reinvented myself as an outsider, a breath of fresh air from the Republicans?” Hillary suggests. Hillary Clinton the outsider. I have to stop myself from laughing at the seer absurdity of it.

No, no, after Trump no doubt bumbles his way through one term, Americans will be yearning for a return to boring stability, and who better encapsulates that better than you?” I ask her. Of course there’s Biden, or Heitkamp, or any other boring career politician with a D next to their name. “What we need to focus on right now, is keeping you in the news, and building a record of stable leadership,” I suggest, “I really do think that getting elected to public office again is the next best move for your career.” I continue. It’s also the next best move for my bank account given the fact that I charge double for consulting someone while they’re running for office. “What did you have in mind?” Hillary asks, “I have a few ideas…”

Who’s the new kid?” Steve Bannon asked pointing at the woman across the table from him lighting a cigarette. ‘Kid’ was rather inaccurate given the fact that the woman was rapidly, and catastrophically approaching her 40s. “Carol, or something, Trump was the one who wanted her here.” Stephen Miller said, idly examining the menu. The woman rolled her eyes, and pulled out a business card holder.

It’s Pat Winters, Carol is my daughter’s name,” She began placing two eggshell white business cards on the table, and sliding them over to Bannon, and Miller, “You might be more familiar with my work, I was the campaign manager for Miami-Dade county.” she continued. “Miami-Dade…” Bannon said, picking up the business card, “I remember we lost that county.” he continued, putting the business card in his pocket. “But my campaign strategies did lead to us winning the Cuban American vote, which in turn helped us win Florida.” Pat replied.

Well governing is a lot different than getting elected.” Bannon told her, “I know,” Pat said simply yet firmly, “Now that reminds me, can we get to what this meeting was actually supposed to be about?” she asked turning to Miller who nodded. “The big man’s charge us with coming up with finalizing his cabinet.” Miller said.

We should focus on putting our allies in control of domestic cabinet positions, Education, Attorney General, Homeland, etc.” Pat said, “I think we should prioritize putting one of our guys at State, instead of Attorney General.” Bannon replied. “No, we’re already in control of the Commander in Chief, and have final say over the nation’s foreign policy.” Pat told him, “If we don’t give Defense, or State anything major to do they can’t fuck it up, but we do plan on being active domestically, and if we put RINOs in those positions they could sabotage us.” she continued. “Well what about our economic policy?” Miller suggested, “We can give those to anyone, other than trade we’re really not all that different from Bush or Rubio, and again we have the final say on foreign policy, and tariffs.” Pat said.

The band started to play. Pat took a sip of her highball as she looked over to the stage. Her eyes locked with the steely blue eyes of the singer on stage. Auburn hair cut into a bob curtained the singer’s face. A rich mezzo-soprano voice emanated out of pink, pouty lips. Her dress hung tightly, and complimented her large-

Pat.” Miller said, breaking her from her reverie, “Are you tired or something, you zoned out for a minute?” he asked. She took another sip of her highball and huffed, “I have two kids, and a full time job, when aren’t I tired?” she joked. Both the men laughed, “Where are your kids tonight?” Bannon asked, “My husband’s watching them.” Pat answered, he seemed to snicker at her answer. The band’s song faded out, and the singer left the stage, “You two go on home, I’ll finish up the cabinet, and send it over to you guys tomorrow.” Pat offered taking another sip of her highball.

Fine by me.” Bannon said, getting up from his seat, “Remember what we talked about.” Miller told her as he got up, and left. Pat gave him a thumbs up, “I was the one doing most the speaking.” she mumbled. She waited for them to leave, chugged the last of her highball, snuffed out her cigarette, and got out of her chair.

Once she was outside, Pat took a breath, texted her husband that she would be late getting home, and took off her wedding ring. She walked down the alleyway that led to the rear of the nightclub, and saw that the singer was out there. “Hello.” Pat introduced herself nervously, “Hello…” the singer replied, studying Pat’s face. Suddenly, a spark of realization twinkled in her eyes, and an easy smile crossed her face, “You saw me sing, didn’t you.” she said.

Yeah, you can call me Patricia, Patricia Ashcroft.” Pat said extending a hand to the singer, “Elise.” she said taking Pat’s hand. “Now tell me, Ms. Ashcroft, why did a pretty girl such as yourself decide to meet me in a dark alley late at night?” Elise probed, a small smile already on her face, Pat looked around to ensure they were alone, “Well, the hotel I’m staying at gave me a full bed instead of a twin, and I need some help filling it out.” she said. Elise gave a bemused laugh, but nonetheless took Pat’s arm. Pat gave a small smile as she led Elise to her car, a pang of regret being washed away by a sea of desire.

When is mom coming home, dad?” Noah Winters asked his father, Clay as he sat in his den. “She’s working late tonight, you’ll see her tomorrow morning bud,” Clay told his son, “Come on, let’s get you to bed, kid.” he continued, picking up his son, and carrying him to the little boy’s bedroom. As he placed his son on his bed the home’s landline rang.

Clay left his son’s room, and answered the phone. “Hello?” he asked, “Hey, is this Pat Winters’ husband?” the man on the other line asked. “Yes, it is, who is this?” Clay asked, “This is Steve, I work with your wife, just wanted to ask you to remind her to send me, and Steve the President’s list of cabinet nominee’s once she’s done with it.” the man said. Clay sighed at being reduced to a secretary, “Once she gets home, I’ll tell her.” he said, “She isn’t home yet?” the man asked. “No, she told me the three of you had to work late, and that she wouldn’t be home until much later.” Clay answered, “Huh, that’s weird, she told us she’d finish up the list of nominees at home, and not to worry about it.” Steve replied. A seed of doubt began to sprout in Clay’s mind, “Well, maybe she had other business to attend to…” he said, hanging up before the man on the other end could reply. For the rest of the night, Clay sat in his den, and ruminated.

Well,I approve of it if you feel like it.It won't mean much in gameplay since I will just roll on substance but I very much enjoyed reading this.

4 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

Trump Inaugural Roll:Rolls a 68%!

Pres.Trump delivered a good Inaugural address,while keeping his core populist message with a more normal president-tone.More moderate Republicans and some working class Democrats start warming up to the new President seeing him as a less of a chaos agent and more of capable for governing the nation.

Clintons Snubbing Trump Roll:Rolls a 8%

Clintons get attacked throughput the aisle for skipping the inauguration and therefore breaking the great American tradition of losing candidate graciously accepting the results.Opinion polls show people look at this as arrogant move and some even questioning if Hillary was absent because of her poor health.

Pat Winters Roll:Rolls a 75%!

The attention of politicos definitely gets caught by a new star in town.Pat Roberts,who was campaign manager in Florida county joined the high ranks of the administrations transition team with rumors flying around she herself might be in charge if putting up a new cabinet or even become a White House chief of staff.

MEDIA HEADLINES

NYT: TRUMP DELIVERS A MOSTLY TRADITIONAL INAUGURAL ADDRESS,AVOIDING CHAOS AND CONTROVERSY

FOX NEWS:NO RESPECT FOR DEMOCRACY?! CLINTONS BOYCOTT TRUMP INAUGURATION!

POLITICO:WHO IS PAT WINTERS?THE WOMAN WHO MIGHT SHAPE TRUMPS CABINET!

(Kept forgetting this existed, sorry)

Blue Dogs:

The Blue Dog faction is in a precarious situation at the moment. 2016 seems to have increased partisanship tenfold, and the position of blue dog democrats seems to be tenuous at best as a result. As long as party leadership doesn't force us to constantly toe the line though, we can weather the storm the best we can.

Blue Dog Democrats attend the inauguration, that's what any politician who is worth their salt would do. Right? Caucus members will put out generic statements calling for unity and to "give Trump a chance" (albeit not that bluntly), and pledge to work towards "bi-partisanship and getting work on Capitol Hill done first and foremost". They stay silent on the actions of Hillary Clinton.

Right-wing Republicans:

We're taking a risk going along with Trump, no doubt. But we can't deny that he is able to whip the base into a frenzy, something most of us certainly couldn't do. Not to his level, at least. Besides, plenty of us are already on the Trump train. Can't get off it while it's still running right?

Right-wing Republicans will of course attend the inauguration, and most will pledge their support for the president day one. Praise is levied at the inauguration speech, paying particular attention to it's "unifying manner" and "unyielding support of the traditional values that make America so great". Some in particular hound on the actions of Hillary Clinton, claiming she's "anti-democratic" and "hates America ".

4 hours ago, Cenzonico said:

(Kept forgetting this existed, sorry)

Blue Dogs:

The Blue Dog faction is in a precarious situation at the moment. 2016 seems to have increased partisanship tenfold, and the position of blue dog democrats seems to be tenuous at best as a result. As long as party leadership doesn't force us to constantly toe the line though, we can weather the storm the best we can.

Blue Dog Democrats attend the inauguration, that's what any politician who is worth their salt would do. Right? Caucus members will put out generic statements calling for unity and to "give Trump a chance" (albeit not that bluntly), and pledge to work towards "bi-partisanship and getting work on Capitol Hill done first and foremost". They stay silent on the actions of Hillary Clinton.

Right-wing Republicans:

We're taking a risk going along with Trump, no doubt. But we can't deny that he is able to whip the base into a frenzy, something most of us certainly couldn't do. Not to his level, at least. Besides, plenty of us are already on the Trump train. Can't get off it while it's still running right?

Right-wing Republicans will of course attend the inauguration, and most will pledge their support for the president day one. Praise is levied at the inauguration speech, paying particular attention to it's "unifying manner" and "unyielding support of the traditional values that make America so great". Some in particular hound on the actions of Hillary Clinton, claiming she's "anti-democratic" and "hates America ".

Blue Dogs Bipartisanship Pledge Roll:Rolls a 77%!

Blue Dogs statetements after Trump inauguration were seen by most Americans as common sense and unifying.They gave some normal vibes American people hsve been missing in their leaders for a year or so.Of course,not everybody likes Blue Dogs approach and they are criticized as selling out to Trump by more left wing Democrats.

Tea Party Pledging Loyalty to Trump:Rolls 27%!

Not everybody who liked Tea Party movement likes President Trump,turns out many actually dont.Statements by leaders of the Republican right wing pledging 100% support to Trump mostly gets disappointment as the result by the people who apparently chose the Donald only as the lesser of two evils in their value system.