The Political Lounge

Alternate 2024 RP

theFreezerFlame

Required candidates (all must be filled before we start), but you can pick a different candidate as well (even if they aren't actually running):

Democrats:
Joe Biden (Incumbent) @WVProgressive
RFK Jr. @Rodja
Eric Adams @The Blood

Republicans:
Donald Trump @Rodja
Ron DeSantis @WVProgressive
Mike Pence @Waffleflef
Tim Scott @ShortKing
Nikki Haley @Willthescout7
Chris Christie @Helios112263
Vivek Ramaswamy @Blockmon
Doug Burgum @Rezi

Third Party Candidates, for General Election (not required, but feel free to be one of these guys)

Joe Manchin (No Labels) @Blockmon
Chase Oliver (Libertarian)
Cornel West (Green)

Requested Candidates

Dwayne Johnson (Independent) @Sean F Kennedy

Every turn, you can make three actions, and I will roll a D8 for success. Before the start, I will say notable events that happen. You can enter at any point before the party nominees are set.

Note: I removed Joe Exotic from the required candidates.

Edited by theFreezerFlame

7 hours ago, theFreezerFlame said:

Required candidates (all must be filled before we start), but you can pick a different candidate as well (even if they aren't actually running):

Democrats:
Joe Biden (Incumbent)
RFK Jr.
Joe Exotic

Republicans:
Donald Trump
Ron DeSantis
Mike Pence
Tim Scott
Nikki Haley
Chris Christie
Vivek Ramaswamy
Doug Burgum @Rezi

Third Party Candidates, for General Election (not required, but feel free to be one of these guys)

Joe Manchin (No Labels)
Cornel West (Green)

Requested Candidates

Every turn, you can make three actions, and I will roll a D8 for success. Before the start, I will say notable events that happen. You can enter at any point before the party nominees are set.

I'll take Vivek

12 hours ago, theFreezerFlame said:

Democrats:
Joe Biden (Incumbent)
RFK Jr.
Joe Exotic

Republicans:
Donald Trump
Ron DeSantis
Mike Pence
Tim Scott
Nikki Haley
Chris Christie
Vivek Ramaswamy
Doug Burgum @Rezi

Joe Manchin (No Labels)
Cornel West (Green)

Requested Candidates

Hmm,you know what i really miss a good RP and @WVProgressivehave already took the only 100% sane option so...

If i need to go insane,i will go 100% insane...

GIVE ME THE FORMER GUY!

30 minutes ago, theFreezerFlame said:

RFK Jr. and Ron DeSantis are the only two left to start the RP.

I’ll take Ron DeSantis

9 minutes ago, theFreezerFlame said:

We will get a notable third party challenge in Joe Manchin. Joe Biden @WVProgressive, any statement?

When asked by a reporter to comment on Manchin's third party bid, President Biden will reply thusly, "Joe Manchin is a good man, or at least I thought so. I worked with him during the Obama administration, you know, to defend Obamacare, to strengthen background checks, to protect abortion rights, and all these other Democratic principles. Maybe that was all pretend, I don't know. I'm disappointed - and a little surprised, honestly - that he would throw all that away for a vanity run at the twilight of his career."

Senate Democrats, meanwhile, move to strip Joe Manchin of his seniority, and committee assignments as punishment.

We will start this on January 3rd, 2023.

@WVProgressive @Rezi @Rodja @Helios112263 @Blockmon @Willthescout7 @Waffleflef @Sean F Kennedy @ShortKing

Representative Kevin McCarthy has struggled to gain the support of the right flank of the Republican Party in his bid for the speakership. It is looking like he may not get it. You may make one action to try to influence the vote, or choose to stay out of this and let it resolve on its own.

WV, Rodja, and Blockmon, since you have two politicians, you must distinguish who is doing which action.

Edited by theFreezerFlame

3 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

When asked by a reporter to comment on Manchin's third party bid, President Biden will reply thusly, "Joe Manchin is a good man, or at least I thought so. I worked with him during the Obama administration, you know, to defend Obamacare, to strengthen background checks, to protect abortion rights, and all these other Democratic principles. Maybe that was all pretend, I don't know. I'm disappointed - and a little surprised, honestly - that he would throw all that away for a vanity run at the twilight of his career."

Senate Democrats, meanwhile, move to strip Joe Manchin of his seniority, and committee assignments as punishment.

CNN: JOE MANCHIN PUTS BLAME ON PARTY FOR HIS CAMPAIGN FOR PRESIDENCY AS 'NO LABELS'

By Jane Doe, CNN Political Correspondent

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Washington, D.C. — In a seismic shift that has rattled the very foundations of American politics, Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia announced his presidential run under the 'No Labels' banner. This move didn't just create a fissure in the Democratic Party—it unleashed a political earthquake. 

A Jolt to the Political Establishment

Manchin's decision to distance himself from his long-standing party affiliation has sent shockwaves through Capitol Hill. It's a stunning rebuke to both the Democratic establishment and to President Biden, who recently described Manchin's presidential bid as a "vanity project."

"This Isn't About Vanity; It's About the American People"

In an exclusive interview, Manchin fired back at the President's comments. "Firstly, I have immense respect for President Biden. But it appears to me that he and many in the Democratic Party are missing the point. This isn't about vanity; it's a cry from the heart of America. I've always been a centrist, and I believe in bipartisan solutions."

Democratic Party's Retribution

The Senate Democrats' response was swift and punitive. They stripped Manchin of his seniority and removed him from his cherished committee assignments, labeling his move as nothing short of betrayal. 

"Betrayal? That's a Two-Way Street"

Unfazed by the retaliatory actions of his former colleagues, Manchin remained defiant. "Betrayal? If the party wants to veer to the far left and ignore the voices of Americans who reside in the middle, then it's not me betraying the party; it's the party that's betraying its core principles."

A Deep Dive into Democratic Principles

President Biden had attempted to remind the public of Manchin's past allegiance to Democratic causes, including Obamacare and women's reproductive rights. Manchin was quick to clarify his position, emphasizing that his principles haven't changed. "I remain committed to these issues. What has changed is the party's unwillingness to engage in meaningful dialogue. We're facing serious challenges—national debt, global tensions—and these require serious, centrist solutions."

No Regrets and No Turning Back

When pressed on whether he had any second thoughts about his dramatic departure from the Democratic Party, Manchin was resolute. "This is the most patriotic act I can undertake at this juncture. America is facing a multitude of challenges, and they won't be resolved by partisan games. My focus has always been, and will continue to be, on what's best for the American people, regardless of party labels."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The aftershocks of Manchin's decision are still reverberating across the political landscape. Pundits are scrambling to assess its impact on the 2024 presidential race, party dynamics, and the future of American governance. Whether this audacious move will be a masterstroke or a miscalculation remains to be seen. But one thing is clear: Joe Manchin has redrawn the battle lines, and he's not backing down.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-For more updates and in-depth analysis on this developing story, stay tuned to CNN Politics.-

2 hours ago, theFreezerFlame said:

We will start this on January 3rd, 2023.

@WVProgressive @Rezi @Rodja @Helios112263 @Blockmon @Willthescout7 @Waffleflef @Sean F Kennedy @ShortKing

Representative Kevin McCarthy has struggled to gain the support of the right flank of the Republican Party in his bid for the speakership. It is looking like he may not get it. You may make one action to try to influence the vote, or choose to stay out of this and let it resolve on its own.

WV, Rodja, and Blockmon, since you have two politicians, you must distinguish who is doing which action.

Ron DeSantis will pressure Republican members of Florida's House Delegation to support Kevin McCarthy in the upcoming speaker election, saying that unity is essential in opposing the Biden administration.

President Biden will rally Democrats to support Hakeem Jeffries for speaker, presenting a united front in the face of an increasingly divided GOP