The Political Lounge

Presidential Tag-Team Wrestling.

vcczar

Which Group of Presidents do you think would most likely win in a tournament if they were in a tag-team wrestling match? I'll just do the last 12 presidencies.

1. Joe Biden & Kamala Harris
  2. Donald Trump & Mike Pence
  3. Barack Obama & Joe Biden
  4. George W Bush & Dick Cheney
  5. Bill Clinton & Al Gore
  6. GHW Bush & Dan Quayle
  7. Ronald Reagan & GHW Bush
  8. Jimmy Carter & Walter Mondale
  9. Richard Nixon & Spiro T Agnew
  10. Lyndon B Johnson & Hubert Humphrey
  11. John F Kennedy & Lyndon B Johnson
  12. Dwight D Eisenhower & Richard Nixon

One might think Clinton and Gore.... because they are young but I think JFK and LBJ would ultimately win.

JFK. When hes feeling alright and not having to take medicine for Addisons Disease could probably put up a fight. But LBJ is a tower over everybody. Reagan and Bush would be good but Reagans age would hold him back. Nixon/Agnew is another good one. Especially because of Agnew.

Trump and Pence may not be too bad. Trumps tall and has some experience with wrestling... lol. But Pence is a military man and hes probably got some old school moves.

15 minutes ago, Pringles said:

One might think Clinton and Gore.... because they are young but I think JFK and LBJ would ultimately win.

JFK. When hes feeling alright and not having to take medicine for Addisons Disease could probably put up a fight. But LBJ is a tower over everybody. Reagan and Bush would be good but Reagans age would hold him back. Nixon/Agnew is another good one. Especially because of Agnew.

Trump and Pence may not be too bad. Trumps tall and has some experience with wrestling... lol. But Pence is a military man and hes probably got some old school moves.

Yeah, I think LBJ would handle most of these elderly tag teams on his own. I think JFK could do ringside shenanigans just to allow LBJ to take a breather. Actually, LBJ/Humphrey might win because Humphrey is in better shape than JFK. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Yeah, I think LBJ would handle most of these elderly tag teams on his own. I think JFK could do ringside shenanigans just to allow LBJ to take a breather. Actually, LBJ/Humphrey might win because Humphrey is in better shape than JFK. 

You think so? I havent really payed attention to Humphreys physique. I mean, I've seen pictures of him. He just looks average to me. I dunno. Hes got a dad body. JFK, while having Addisons disease... at least appears to be in good shape lol.

1 minute ago, Pringles said:

You think so? I havent really payed attention to Humphreys physique. I mean, I've seen pictures of him. He just looks average to me. I dunno. Hes got a dad body. JFK, while having Addisons disease... at least appears to be in good shape lol.

JFK had major back issues. He couldn't lift his infant son a lot of the time. Humphrey was 57 when he became VP, which isn't too old. If JFK got enough shots and other concoctions and couldn't feel the pain, then I agree JFK would be a more nimble tagteam partner than Humphrey. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, vcczar said:

JFK had major back issues. He couldn't lift his infant son a lot of the time. Humphrey was 57 when he became VP, which isn't too old. If JFK got enough shots and other concoctions and couldn't feel the pain, then I agree JFK would be a more nimble tagteam partner than Humphrey. 

Interesting! Yeah. Based off the people themselves, Humphrey and LBJ might be better. Still hard for me to say, but I think we can agree on at least one thing. Whichever team with LBJ is winning. 😂

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

Trump actually did professional wrestling a few times and is in their hall of fame. I don't think Pence would be a slouch either. So in this case going with them.

A close second would be LBJ and Humphrey.

Yeah, they'd be in the running. This is how I'd rate them (combined score):

1. Joe Biden & Kamala Harris  (D-) [Harris might claw someone's eyes out and could be vicious. Biden could be tough but he's old)
  2. Donald Trump & Mike Pence (C) [Trump's kind of old and Pence is kind of stiff. Depends if Trump has real courage or just staged courage.]
  3. Barack Obama & Joe Biden (B) [Obama is quick. Not sure how strong he is. A younger Biden would be a tougher Biden]
  4. George W Bush & Dick Cheney (C-) [Cheney is a huge handicap on what could have been a strong team. It's Bush by himself mostly.]
  5. Bill Clinton & Al Gore (B+) [I don't think Gore is that physical. Both are young though, which is an advantage]
  6. GHW Bush & Dan Quayle  (C+) [Bush is athletic for his age. Quayle is young but seems easily duped.]
  7. Ronald Reagan & GHW Bush (C) [Reagan's age holds this potentially good tag team back]
  8. Jimmy Carter & Walter Mondale (B) [Carter was in good shape as president and Mondale was reasonably young.]
  9. Richard Nixon & Spiro T Agnew (B) [ I think Agnew would be the better part of this tagteam]
  10. Lyndon B Johnson & Hubert Humphrey [A-  LBJ all the way]
  11. John F Kennedy & Lyndon B Johnson [B+ LBJ all the way. This ticket is an A+ if JFK is allowed to inject himself with his concoctions from Dr Feel Good]
  12. Dwight D Eisenhower & Richard Nixon (C+) [This would be clearly the winning ticket if this was the ticket in 1944. Eisenhower was on the decline in 1952]

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Yeah, they'd be in the running. This is how I'd rate them (combined score):

1. Joe Biden & Kamala Harris  (D-) [Harris might claw someone's eyes out and could be vicious. Biden could be tough but he's old)
  2. Donald Trump & Mike Pence (C) [Trump's kind of old and Pence is kind of stiff. Depends if Trump has real courage or just staged courage.]
  3. Barack Obama & Joe Biden (B) [Obama is quick. Not sure how strong he is. A younger Biden would be a tougher Biden]
  4. George W Bush & Dick Cheney (C-) [Cheney is a huge handicap on what could have been a strong team. It's Bush by himself mostly.]
  5. Bill Clinton & Al Gore (B+) [I don't think Gore is that physical. Both are young though, which is an advantage]
  6. GHW Bush & Dan Quayle  (C+) [Bush is athletic for his age. Quayle is young but seems easily duped.]
  7. Ronald Reagan & GHW Bush (C) [Reagan's age holds this potentially good tag team back]
  8. Jimmy Carter & Walter Mondale (B) [Carter was in good shape as president and Mondale was reasonably young.]
  9. Richard Nixon & Spiro T Agnew (B) [ I think Agnew would be the better part of this tagteam]
  10. Lyndon B Johnson & Hubert Humphrey [A-  LBJ all the way]
  11. John F Kennedy & Lyndon B Johnson [B+ LBJ all the way. This ticket is an A+ if JFK is allowed to inject himself with his concoctions from Dr Feel Good]
  12. Dwight D Eisenhower & Richard Nixon (C+) [This would be clearly the winning ticket if this was the ticket in 1944. Eisenhower was on the decline in 1952]

A young Cheney would be a benefit to the team but Cheney in 2000 and 04, massive handicap. He'd make a hell of a manager. A Bush/Rice managed by Cheney would be top tier. 

I agree with a lot of your ratings though.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

A young Cheney would be a benefit to the team but Cheney in 2000 and 04, massive handicap. He'd make a hell of a manager. A Bush/Rice managed by Cheney would be top tier. 

I agree with a lot of your ratings though.

Yeah lol. Young Cheney was a drunkard power line cowboy man. Until his wife told him to take life seriously... then he forgot about his physical wellbeing 😛

• Agree 1