The Political Lounge

About the Situation in Armenia…

Pius XIII

I know that Russia is rightfully being looked on as an aggressor on the foreign stage, but has anyone been paying attention terrifying campaign against Armenia by Azerbaijan? 

It’s a little frustrating that this situation seemed to be mostly ignored by the United Nations last year and I was wondering what folks thought if the apparent re-escalation over the past 24 hours

https://www.politico.eu/article/azerbaijan-launch-anti-terror-operation-nagorno-karabakh-armenia/

9 minutes ago, Pius XIII said:

It’s a little frustrating that this situation seemed to be mostly ignored by the United Nations last year and I was wondering what folks thought if the apparent re-escalation over the past 24 hours

Yeah they did the same for eight long years when Putin already meddled in Eastern Ukraine.

• Agree 3

We are facing a terrifying reality that Azerbaijan could realistically commit ethnic cleansing or genocide of Artsakh Armenians. The US and EU have the responsibility (and the UN, but we all know they won't do anything) to stop a genocide from happening before it starts. Don't wait until the mass graves are dug. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3

6 hours ago, Pius XIII said:

I know that Russia is rightfully being looked on as an aggressor on the foreign stage, but has anyone been paying attention terrifying campaign against Armenia by Azerbaijan? 

https://www.politico.eu/article/azerbaijan-launch-anti-terror-operation-nagorno-karabakh-armenia/

What the hell are you talking about? Azerbaijan is the aggressor? Do you know where Karabagh is?

Armenians literally invaded UN recognized Azerbaijani land years ago (With the help of their daddy Russia of course) and committed ethnic cleansing to the local Azeris. What is happening right now is that Azerbaijani army finally started pushing the invaders out.

Let me tell you if you still have not understand. The war is happening INSIDE the Azerbaijani lands, how the hell could they be invaders?

And do not even try to equate the Karabagh with Kosovo, Azerbajian-Armenia borders are defined by the ethnic demoghraphics, and Armenians are at fault here by all accounts. This is why even with all Armenian lobbying and diaspora nobody does the stupid mistake of supporting the weaker and wrong side of the battle.

• Confused 4

39 minutes ago, HiyarAgasi said:

What the hell are you talking about? Azerbaijan is the aggressor? Do you know where Karabagh is?

Armenians literally invaded UN recognized Azerbaijani land years ago (With the help of their daddy Russia of course) and committed ethnic cleansing to the local Azeris. What is happening right now is that Azerbaijani army finally started pushing the invaders out.

Let me tell you if you still have not understand. The war is happening INSIDE the Azerbaijani lands, how the hell could they be invaders?

And do not even try to equate the Karabagh with Kosovo, Azerbajian-Armenia borders are defined by the ethnic demoghraphics, and Armenians are at fault here by all accounts. This is why even with all Armenian lobbying and diaspora nobody does the stupid mistake of supporting the weaker and wrong side of the battle.

I thought I was pretty clear where I stood on this issue when I brought the topic up, if not, my apologies. I am fully aware that Azerbaijan is the aggressor in this campaign. I was wondering why it was not being talked about more on the global level. The Armenian people have had it rough for centuries, and their plight at the hands of the Ottomans during WWI served as admitted precedent for Hitler’s holocaust on the Jewish people. Just out of curiosity, what did I say that made you think I was in favor of Azerbaijan’s arguably genocidal actions? 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, HiyarAgasi said:

What're your thoughts on the Armenian Genocide

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, HiyarAgasi said:

Nobody could say that Azerbaijan is the aggressor and the Armenia is the victim after learning these facts.

I'm not fully educated on the topic so I don't have a strong opinion besides what I hear in the media but wasn't it Azerbaijan who violated the ceasefire? (Multiple times)