The Political Lounge

Texas Democrats flee Texas because they do not want to pass Republican voting law.

Timur

If there is going to be squabbles about voting, abolish it, and bring in an absolute monarchy.

• Haha 1

Just now, Patine said:

The only permanent resident and full citizen royal family in the United States is the House of Kameihameiha.

Independence for Hawaii!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

But that didn't seem to be what @Pringles was saying. He seemed to support the bill, and call new voting methods, "tyranny of the majority," as ridicule the actions of the legislators who left the State to avoid a quorum being forced as, "like in House of Cards." That was the impression I got, and obviously so did @vcczar by his responses to @Pringles.

I haven't paid much attention to this thread, but I don't *think* that's what he was saying. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

But that didn't seem to be what @Pringles was saying. He seemed to support the bill, and call new voting methods, "tyranny of the majority," as ridicule the actions of the legislators who left the State to avoid a quorum being forced as, "like in House of Cards." That was the impression I got, and obviously so did @vcczar by his responses to @Pringles.

Wait a minute. What?

"I'd need to see more specifics of the bill but if the generalization (which I happen to agree with) of this voting law is truly restrictive like other bills that have been going around GOP states... sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I don't hold dirty political plays against either party. I firmly believe in preventing the tyranny of a majority. This happens to be a potential case of that."

Here's a translation.

I haven't read the specifics of this bill that the GOP in Texas is pushing, but if it is restrictive from what I've heard, just like the other bills going around in GOP lead states, I do not support it. As it is tyranny of the majority. 

I said it was crazy stuff because IT IS like what happened in House of Cards.

Idk wtf you are talking about man. This is why I don't respond to you 95% of the time. But don't try and say I'm an undemocratic prick like those lawmakers in Texas are.

Just now, Pringles said:

"I'd need to see more specifics of the bill but if the generalization (which I happen to agree with) of this voting law is truly restrictive like other bills that have been going around GOP states... sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I don't hold dirty political plays against either party. I firmly believe in preventing the tyranny of a majority. This happens to be a potential case of that."

I believe @Patine he means the Democrats in the bold, not the GOP. That is probably the root of the problem. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Patine said:

“Hmmm Pringles, you claim to be pro-democracy but when I misread your statements it turns out you are ANTI-democracy. Curious.”

- Turning Point Patine

Edited by Zenobiyl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Timur said:

If there is going to be squabbles about voting, abolish it, and bring in an absolute monarchy.

Language of nightmares: The alphabet according to George W. Bush |  Dangerous Minds

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pringles said:

KING BUSH

BUT WHERE IS PRINCE CHENEY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! 😛 

Palestinian state 'long overdue,' says Cheney

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Timur said:

Trump: The Story Behind TIME's Donald Trump 'King Me' Cover | Time

1 minute ago, Patine said:

That would be about as much of a national embaressment and shame to the US as "Emperor," Bokassa I (and last) was to the CAR.

2 minutes ago, Pringles said:

Not Emperor Trump 🤢🤢🤢🤢

He was always a weakling anyways.... 😈

Cheney still rules America

Fun fact: The name "Donald" literally can mean "ruler of the world."

Coincidence? I think not!

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

He's more like the evil Cardinal Richelieu - a powerful background figure, but too cowardly - and hated - to take full power himself.

Im genuinely curious Mr. Patine. 

Who would you say the Dick Cheney equivalent is over in Canada? If there are any that is.