The Political Lounge

Alternate History Story Idea

OrangeP47

So recently I've had an idea for an alternate history timeline (and even worked on it a bit).  I'd like to post it here, rather than on alternatehistory.com or anywhere like that as I haven't been there in probably 15 years, and it's really not that big a thing.  It's a US Politics focused thing, but it isn't really about pushing any sort of agenda or anything (which as you know I generally love to do), so I'm a bit unsure if I should post it here or in the politics subforum.  The basic premise is Burr wins the 1800 election after allying with the Federalists in the Contingent Election and the timeline builds from there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

It's a US Politics focused thing, but it isn't really about pushing any sort of agenda or anything (which as you know I generally love to do), so I'm a bit unsure if I should post it here or in the politics subforum. 

Personally I always tend to think of the Forum Games subforum as the place for things like that since since there's more precedent for alternate history timelines being posted there than anywhere else. I can think of two examples, the first being Dobs' alternate timeline of the 2016 GOP primary, and the second being my alternate timeline of the Progressive Party but there may be others I am forgetting.

How I usually divide the forums is that Politics Forum is for discussions around topics of an inherently, and obvious political manner (parliamentary activities, elections, scandals involving elected or appointed officials, etc.); General Forum is for discussions of topics not related to politics (which is broad, but that's reflective of how the subforum has been used in the past); and Forum Games is for text based creative projects involving one or more people with a political bend which would include things like Alt-Hist TLs. But again, that's just how I go about things, and if you want to post your timeline here, and the moderators are fine with it, then more power to you.

• Based 1