The Political Lounge

Obscure US Flags

vcczar

I like them indeed. There's a joke going on among my friends and family, which says that I like flags as much as Sheldon Cooper does. 

When I was about five years old I got an atlas which also contained all flags of the world, which I learned by heart like capitals at a very young age. A few years later I got a US state flag puzzle which helped me to learn these flags, although many are just dark blue with varying seals on them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patine said:

My Pictures folder in my Windows Documents is just chalk full of tonnes of bitmaps of flags - national, subnational, regional, local, political party, religious group, and international organizations from all over the world (I have every single standing sovereign nation, including all the de facto and self-proclaimed ones that are not officially recognized, or only minimally so), and a Hell of a lot of such flags historically. I would like to join the International Vexillology Society, but keeping up with the membership dues, probably by credit card only, would be a bit onerus.

Yeah, I feel you. If vexillology were a college subject, I'd like to become a professor for it. I remember creating my own national flags with paint early on. Definitely fun times!

7 hours ago, Patine said:

My Pictures folder in my Windows Documents is just chalk full of tonnes of bitmaps of flags - national, subnational, regional, local, political party, religious group, and international organizations from all over the world (I have every single standing sovereign nation, including all the de facto and self-proclaimed ones that are not officially recognized, or only minimally so), and a Hell of a lot of such flags historically. I would like to join the International Vexillology Society, but keeping up with the membership dues, probably by credit card only, would be a bit onerus.

You better post a collection of those somewhere.

1 hour ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

D7C2E0B2-EC28-4D31-A928-B9F1A969A4A8.jpeg

I guess these people are McKinley/Theodore Roosevelt and William Jennings Bryan and a running mate I can't identify without looking him up. Maybe Adlai Stevenson I

Yeah, it's Stevenson I

• Thanks 1