The Political Lounge

Who is the best GOP Pres Option after Trump and DeSantis?

vcczar

Who is the best GOP Pres Option after Trump and DeSantis?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best GOP Pres Option after Trump and DeSantis among the follow? By Best, I mean can 1) excite the GOP base, 2) Win over independents, and 3) Won't generate high opposition turnout

• Ted Cruz
    • Mitt Romney
    • Nikki Haley
    • Mike Pence
    • Chris Christie
    • Mike Pompeo
    • Tim Scott
    • Kristi Noem
    • Larry Hogan
    • Rick Scott
    • Josh Hawley

35 minutes ago, Dobs said:

I think Tim Scott fills these categories better than both Trump and DeSantis, for the record.

I think only Scott fulfills all three categories out of everyone on this list. DeSantis is the only one that I could say maybe would also fit all 3 (generate high oppo turnout is the one I am unsure about)

This is tough because everyone is below DeSantis (even Trump in my opinion) on the first 2. And DeSantis is not gonna generate the backlash that Trump or Cruz would.

I went with Noem because she is the one that more of the Republican base is knowledgeable about and could support (mainly from her anti-lock down stand). Haley might be second, but her appeal amongst Republicans has significantly decreased recently. No one else is really exciting outside of maybe Cruz (I haven't heard any of the other people named by those who are amongst people actively involved in politics that I know). Not many of the others would generate opposition, but that doesn't really matter if your people don't come out to vote.

Oops, I didn't read the full question and voted Hogan. Tim Scott, I think would be a good answer.

On 7/18/2021 at 8:00 PM, Patine said:

The American, "news," media (quotation marks used advisedly) is a big part of the problem of the whole political divide and disaster in the U.S., though.

Yes, but then again, it is so fun to watch the disaster unfold, even if I may lament both the causes and effects of the disaster.

7 minutes ago, Eugene said:

Yes, but then again, it is so fun to watch the disaster unfold, even if I may lament both the causes and effects of the disaster.

It's a mad, mad, mad, MAD world isn't it.

Full of clowns. 😛 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Patine said:

"Clowns to the left of me,

Jokers to the right,

Here I am, stuck in the middle with you,"

That song is practically prescient.

Clowns to the Left Jokers to the Right: Stuck Fighting for Freedom wiyh You  - Kindle edition by Dave 4syth. Politics & Social Sciences Kindle eBooks @  Amazon.com.

• Haha 1