The Political Lounge

Summer 2021 AMPU Playtest

17 minutes ago, vcczar said:

After you do that, copy+paste the below and fill it out: 

1. Have you put "CC" in the "Current Office" column on your player tab for all your politicians in the Continental Congress?

Yes

2. Who among your politicians do you nominate for President of the Continental Congress (must have at least 1 Command)? Let us know if you make no nomination.

Thomas Jefferson of great state of Virgina will seek the honorable office of  President of the Continental Congress

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1. Have you put "CC" in the "Current Office" column on your player tab for all your politicians in the Continental Congress?

Yes

2. Who among your politicians do you nominate for President of the Continental Congress (must have at least 1 Command)? Let us know if you make no nomination. 

None eligible

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Yes

No available politicians to do so.

• Thanks 1

Yes, I did.

John Jay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I put "CC" for all the remaining 3 players. 

@DakotaHale can opt to run Gorham of MA or Laurens of SC for President of the CC. Please pick one or opt to not run anyone. 

@SilentLiberty Has no one eligible. 

@themiddlepolitical Has no one eligible. 

Once @DakotaHale decides to run one of this two eligible politicians or opts not to run anyone, I can release the prompt for electing the President of the CC. No rush though. 

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

I put "CC" for all the remaining 3 players. 

@DakotaHale can opt to run Gorham of MA or Laurens of SC for President of the CC. Please pick one or opt to not run anyone. 

@SilentLiberty Has no one eligible. 

@themiddlepolitical Has no one eligible. 

Once @DakotaHale decides to run one of this two eligible politicians or opts not to run anyone, I can release the prompt for electing the President of the CC. No rush though. 

Laurens will certainly run

• Like 1

Continental Congress votes for its president

Each faction will vote for one of the following nominees for president of the Congress. Each state gets 1 vote. This means that if there isn't a majority vote within state delegation for a candidate, then the state abstains. This is easy to do with small states. 

The nominees are the following. You are not required to vote for your candidate:

• Thomas McKean of DE
  • Henry Middleton of SC
  • Richard Henry Lee of VA
  • Thomas Jefferson of VA
  • John Jay of NY
  • Henry Laurens of SC

Historically, the CC selected Peyton Randolph of VA to be the first President of the Continental Congress. Why might you've never have heard of him? He died in 1775. 

Here's a list of the delegates again, if you want to remember what states you influence: 

Pennsylvania:

Virginia:

Massachusetts:

Maryland:

New York:

South Carolina:

North Carolina:

Connecticut: 

New Jersey:

New Hampshire:

Rhode Island:

Delaware:

Georgia:

I of course support the honorable John Jay in his bid to lead our colony. The British have encroached too far, and Jay is surely the brightest of our minds to stand up to these unjust grievances. All that I would ask would be that the respectable Benedict Arnold be considered as a potential candidate for a future Continental Army. He is bright, young, and loyal to these fine colonies. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Middle faction will support...

Henry Lee

I have to put the CC thing when I get back from class-my apologies! @vcczar

The Vote for the President of the Continental Congress:

Pennsylvania: Lee, Jay 1 PA Goes for Lee!

Virginia: Lee 2, Jefferson 2 VA abstains

Massachusetts: Jay 3, Lee 1 MA goes for Jay!

Maryland: Lee 3, Jay 1 MD goes for Lee!

New York: Jay 2, Jefferson NY goes for Jay!

South Carolina: Jay 2, Middleton 1 SC goes for Jay!

North Carolina: Lee 1, Jefferson 1, Middleton 1 NC abstains

Connecticut: Jay 2, Lee 1 CT goes for Jay!

New Jersey: Lee 2, Jay 1 NJ for Lee!

New Hampshire: Jay 2 NH for Jay!

Rhode Island: Jay 1, Lee 1 RI abstains!

Delaware: Jay 1, Lee 1 DE abstains!

Georgia: Jay 1, Lee 1 GA abstains!

The 29-year-old attorney from NY, John Jay is elected President of the Continental Congress with 5 votes. Richard Henry Lee wins 3 votes, while 5 states abstain, showing a lack of unity among the delegates. The small states are particularly conflicted, partially due to many colonies being in disarray. 

Gilbert Stuart, John Jay, 1794, NGA 75023.jpg

John Jay, 1st President of the Continental Congress. 

Jay loses the trait "obscure" as his name reaches the national and European papers as presiding over a Congress of wayward colonies. He fails in the roll for +1 more command. 

@ConservativeElector2 must now appoint a chair for each of the following committees. He can appoint anyone of any party or faction, so long as the person is a member of the Continental Congress and has the relevant expertise:

There are 4 standard committees. Relevant expertise is in parentheses:

• Domestic (Education, Labor, Environment, Transportation, Agriculture, Energy,  Welfare, Healthcare, Housing)
  • Foreign/Military (Military, Naval, Foreign Affairs)
  • Economics (Economics, Trade, Business)
  • Judicial (Judicial)

Following these appointments, I'll call for the Chairs to fill the membership under stricter rules. 

• Like 3

@vcczar John Jay thanks all of his voters and is very pleased by the trust put into his person and vision to govern. He promises to preside with the colonies' interests always in mind.

• Domestic (Education, Labor, Environment, Transportation, Agriculture, Energy,  Welfare, Healthcare, Housing)

George Matthews (me)

Thomas McKean @jvikings1

Henry Laurens @DakotaHale

• Judicial (Judicial)

William Paterson (me)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

@vcczar John Jay thanks all of his voters and is very pleased by the trust put into his person and vision to govern. He promises to preside with the colonies' interests always in mind.

George Matthews (me)

Thomas McKean @jvikings1

Henry Laurens @DakotaHale

• Judicial (Judicial)

William Paterson (me)

The above Chairs must accept and then appoint 1 Red party committee member and 2 Blue party committee members each. These members must be members of the Continental Congress and they must have the relevant expertise for their committee: 

• Judicial (Judicial)

@ConservativeElector2 please change Jay's current office from "CC" to "Pres CC" when you have a chance. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

The above Chairs must accept and then appoint 1 Red party committee member and 2 Blue party committee members each. These members must be members of the Continental Congress and they must have the relevant expertise for their committee: 

• Judicial (Judicial)

@ConservativeElector2 please change Jay's current office from "CC" to "Pres CC" when you have a chance. 

George Matthews appoints:

R: Daniel Carroll @DakotaHale

B: John A Treutlen @WVProgressive, Theodorick Bland @Hestia

• Judicial (Judicial)

William Paterson appoints:

R: Francis Dana (me)

B: William Grayson @MrPotatoTed (blue CPU), William Maclay @themiddlepolitical

Changed Jay's office.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cal said:

Benedict Arnold be considered as a potential candidate for a future Continental Army. He is bright, young, and loyal to these fine colonies. 

Now that's funny.

Edited by Timur
  • Haha 2