The Political Lounge

Summer 2021 AMPU Playtest

51 minutes ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

@vcczar John Jay thanks all of his voters and is very pleased by the trust put into his person and vision to govern. He promises to preside with the colonies' interests always in mind.

• Domestic (Education, Labor, Environment, Transportation, Agriculture, Energy,  Welfare, Healthcare, Housing)

George Matthews (me)

• Foreign/Military (Military, Naval, Foreign Affairs)

Thomas McKean @jvikings1

• Economics (Economics, Trade, Business)

Henry Laurens @DakotaHale

• Judicial (Judicial)

William Paterson (me)

Thomas McKean graciously accepts and congratulates his colleague on his election

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

@vcczar did you roll to see if the delegates got +1 Legislative when they became delegates? 

No. I need to do that or you can do it. I probably won't be able to get to it until much later. I also need to update the Continental Congress page to add the chairs and members once they're selected. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, vcczar said:

The above Chairs must accept and then appoint 1 Red party committee member and 2 Blue party committee members each. These members must be members of the Continental Congress and they must have the relevant expertise for their committee: 

There are 4 standard committees. Relevant expertise is in parentheses:

• Domestic (Education, Labor, Environment, Transportation, Agriculture, Energy,  Welfare, Healthcare, Housing)
  • Judicial (Judicial)

@ConservativeElector2 please change Jay's current office from "CC" to "Pres CC" when you have a chance. 

Foreign/Military

Red: Philemon Dickinson (NJ) @SilentLiberty

Blue: Hugh Williamson (NC) @themiddlepolitical; Joseph Stanton Jr (RI) @Hestia

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, vcczar said:

No. I need to do that or you can do it. I probably won't be able to get to it until much later. I also need to update the Continental Congress page to add the chairs and members once they're selected. 

GAINED +1 Legislative when they became delegates:

@DakotaHale Lewis Morris (now 3)
@SilentLiberty Daniel of St. Thomas Jenifer (now 3)
@Cal Thomas Scott (now 3)
@ConservativeElector2 Eliphalet Dyer (now 3)

Red Team is up to date.  Doing blue next.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

@vcczar John Jay thanks all of his voters and is very pleased by the trust put into his person and vision to govern. He promises to preside with the colonies' interests always in mind.

George Matthews (me)

Thomas McKean @jvikings1

Henry Laurens @DakotaHale

• Judicial (Judicial)

William Paterson (me)

George Matthews gains "efficient," which will allow him to make two proposals instead of one. It's also helpful if he ever becomes a cabinet officer.  The others didn't roll a 6. 

Chairs have been added to the Continental Congress tab. 

We only need @DakotaHale to appoint members of Laurens's committee. One needs to be a Red politician. Two of them need to be Blue. They need to have Economics, Trade, or Business expertise. 

I'll add all the members to the tab once we get DakotaHale's members. If @MrPotatoTed has time and interest he can put those in the Continental Congress tab in now if he wants. I gotta take off again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

George Matthews gains "efficient," which will allow him to make two proposals instead of one. It's also helpful if he ever becomes a cabinet officer.  The others didn't roll a 6. 

We only need @DakotaHale to appoint members of Laurens's committee. One needs to be a Red politician. Two of them need to be Blue. They need to have Economics, Trade, or Business expertise. 

I'll add all the members to the tab once we get DakotaHale's members. If @MrPotatoTed has time and interest he can put those in the Continental Congress tab in now if he wants. I gotta take off again. 

Can't at work, can't access Google documents on work computers.  I can do it on my phone, but it tends to crash a lot.  Happy to do it when I get home.

59 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Can't at work, can't access Google documents on work computers.  I can do it on my phone, but it tends to crash a lot.  Happy to do it when I get home.

No prob. I might be able to get on my CPU soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

Laurens appoints Charles Carroll of Carrollton (me), Timothy Bloodworth @MrPotatoTed, Samuel Adams @WVProgressive

• Like 2

@jvikings1 @SilentLiberty @Cal @Rezi @WVProgressive @ConservativeElector2 @DakotaHale @themiddlepolitical @Rodja and @Hestia @MrPotatoTed

Time to pick Faction Leaders. As Congress begins discussing urgent matters, factions have been forming as to how to proceed with British aggression. These proto-factions have been seeking a spokesperson to represent their concerns and ideals. Ignore the rules below about having previously held office. This is moot for Era of Independence. 

Faction Leaders Selected:

An elected President is automatically leader of their faction.  Otherwise, the faction chooses their leader -- the leader must have the same ideology as at least one of the ideology’s cards, interests, and lobbyists.  The Faction Leader must also currently have “leadership” or “kingmaker” and currently be holding an office or, if not holding office, previously served as Pres, VP, Sec of State. If they don’t have “leadership” or “kingmaker,” they must hold the office of President, VP, Speaker, Sen Maj Ldr, or Sec of State. The faction leader cannot have the “obscure” trait.  If none apply, then any politician with the same ideology as the ideology card may be selected. If a faction does not have an ideology card then they must select a politician with one of the dominant ideology (ideologies) according to the Historical Era for dominant ideologies for their party for the current era. If none are eligible, then any ideology will do.   

The faction leader’s personal ideology will determine the faction’s ideology enthusiasm meter in regards to the faction’s support for the party leader. Therefore, if a faction has “Conservative” and “Traditionalist,” and the faction leader is “Traditionalist,” then the faction is linked only to the “Traditionalist” meter. However, all faction cards will play a role in scoring. Therefore, the “Conservative” card will still impact points on legislation and etc that are passed, repealed, activated, deactivated, etc. 

A faction leader has a 25% chance of losing “obscure” each term.

4 minutes ago, Cal said:

As I cannot fulfill the requirements for a faction leader, I must choose one of my three Traditionalists. 

Therefore, the ever so loyal Benedict Arnold is declared Faction Leader. May his valor be tested in service to these disparate colonies! @vcczar @MrPotatoTed

Netflix series forshadowing be like: 

• Haha 1

@vcczar I've flagged it in the rules, but there's actually nothing about the CPU chooses its faction leader.

As everyone has obscure and therefore nobody meets all requirements, I've rolled a die among red moderates.  REDCPU chooses Simeon Olcott.  

Rolled a die among blue Traditionalists:  Private Sector Career Track businessman Thomas Heyward Jr.

@MrPotatoTed I'll figure out some sort of Era of Independence version of this tomorrow and try to fix the spreadsheet issues tomorrow. I won't have time to do so until maybe around 10am tomorrow EST. 

Until then, let's just let people pick whomever they wish as Faction Leader since I already started this phase. 

I think only 5 to 10 people are not "obscure" at the active start date -- Benjamin Franklin, Samuel Adams, George Washington, maybe Peyton Randolph. Then there's also some "celebrities" like John Bartram that are not "obscure." However, since we haven't real parties in 1774, and there isn't a popular vote in any sense, the Era of Independence really should need a faction leader that isn't "obscure" as the faction leader will be for his faction politicians alone and not yet for the people in general. 

• Like 1

Sam Adams for faction leader

Edited by WVProgressive
  • Like 1