The Political Lounge

CE2's 1820 election poll

ConservativeElector2

Who would you vote for?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Bushrod Washington/Henry Clay (Red)
    • John Randolph of Roanoke/Martin van Buren (Blue)
  2. 2. Who would you vote for (Senate)?

• Red Party (Feds, Whigs, GOP)
    • Blue Party (Anti-Feds, D-R, Dems)
  3. 3. Who would you vote for (House)?

• Red Party (Feds, Whigs, GOP)
    • Blue Party (Anti-Feds, D-R, Dems)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/18/2021 at 06:22 PM

Just now, Rezi said:

@WVProgressiveSecretary Jones once again asks for assurance of his spot in a potential Randolph Cabinet before pledging his support.

Yes, you will be made secy of state

• Like 1

Due to Jackson not being on the ballot. His followers begin spreading the rumor of a corrupt bargain between the "top" of both major parties.

Jackson vows to have his revenge, and vows to ensure the voices of America are heard by the time next election rolls around.

• Like 2

Roger Taney publishes an expose claiming that the Democrats made a corrupt bargain to keep Andrew Jackson off the ballot. Taney’s supporters pledge to avenge this subversion of democracy in 1824, when the common white man will be permitted to vote at last, and not just the elites.

Edited by Zenobiyl
  • Agree 1

The Senate will be interesting if it comes down to the current result: 50%-50%.

13 hours ago, Zenobiyl said:

Roger Taney publishes an expose claiming that the Democrats made a corrupt bargain to keep Andrew Jackson off the ballot. Taney’s supporters pledge to avenge this subversion of democracy in 1824, when the common white man will be permitted to vote at last, and not just the elites.

Harrison Gray Otis suggests that Martin Van Buren should have been replaced with Taney to scare off voters from the DR party.

34 minutes ago, Timur said:

The Senate will be interesting if it comes down to the current result: 50%-50%.

Actually it’s a federalist majority, since I spoiled my ballot as a protest against radical liberal Van Buren.

Edited by Zenobiyl

2 hours ago, Zenobiyl said:

Actually it’s a federalist majority, since I spoiled my ballot as a protest against radical liberal Van Buren.

Wait until someone figures out that how one votes for the Presidential does not determine their downballot choices.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dobs said:

Wait until someone figures out that how one votes for the Presidential does not determine their downballot choices.

Good point. I’ll unspoil my congressional votes but I’m still spoiling my presidential vote because VAN BUREN IS A RADICAL LIBERAL

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Sean F Kennedy said:

Martin Van Buren calls Taney and Jackson liars considering Jackson was never a candidate and rejects their claims of a “corrupt bargain” he then goes over his policies that are mainstream.

10AFC9E7-E372-402F-894E-F5296FFF3B04.png

Jackson feels so insulted by the Vice Presidents words, he asks the Vice President if he wants to end up like John Quincy Adams.

Randolph jokes that Andrew Jackson is nothing more than a barbarian warlord who lucked into a SCOTUS seat. He goes on to state that civilized republics never solve their issues through violence, bloodshed, and duels alone. If Jackson has such a problem with Randolph’s agenda, well, we will see you in four years!

• Like 1

Jackson expresses sadness that his friend has made it come to this. He adopts a much more somber tune in his response to the President. And assures him they will meet again in 4 years.

Edited by Pringles

28 minutes ago, Pringles said:

Jackson expresses sadness that his friend has made it come to this. He adopts a much more somber tune in his response to the President. And assures him they will meet again in 4 years.

Roger Taney fully endorses Andrew Jackson for the democratic primary in 1824, and pledges to support a Jackson ticket in the general election, whether it’s democrat or third party.

3 hours ago, Pringles said:

Jackson feels so insulted by the Vice Presidents words, he asks the Vice President if he wants to end up like John Quincy Adams.

Andrew Jackson memes | quickmeme

• Haha 1

Delete.

(I seem to have accidentally made another post, while trying to edit this one.)

Edited by Timur

On 7/20/2021 at 7:42 PM, ConservativeElector2 said:

Bushrod Washington has lead the good cause and lost. That's happening from time to time.

Not sure when I have the time to process President Randolph's term (or even 1824), but feel free to submit your cabinet @WVProgressive

Updates?