The Political Lounge

That's it, I want out!

Wiw

I've got to leave this country. It is evident that it is being run by a bunch of genocidal Anarchists who would gladly let their people walk out to their deaths if it meant keeping things looking as if they're alright. Thousands more are about to die from the plague because of it!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Wiw said:

I've got to leave this country. It is evident that it is being run by a bunch of genocidal Anarchists who would gladly let their people walk out to their deaths if it meant keeping things looking as if they're alright. Thousands more are about to die from the plague because of it!

What?

18 minutes ago, Wiw said:

What is a genocidal anarchist

34 minutes ago, Dobs said:

What is a genocidal anarchist

If there is no state, the people will band together to commit genocide. Honestly that’s probably more realistic than we’d like to admit in some places.

3 minutes ago, Rezi said:

If there is no state, the people will band together to commit genocide. Honestly that’s probably more realistic than we’d like to admit in some places.

Except we have countless examples of states committing genocide and very scant examples of "genocidal anarchy." I'm not disagreeing with your premise but I'll certainly claim that anarchical genocide is far less grounded in realism than our species' long history of ordered genocide.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Dobs said:

Except we have countless examples of states committing genocide and very scant examples of "genocidal anarchy." I'm not disagreeing with your premise but I'll certainly claim that anarchical genocide is far less grounded in realism than our species' long history of ordered genocide.

We also have very scant examples of anarchy in the first place, so of course anything to do with anarchy is grounded in theory rather than realism. I was not agreeing with his idea, merely explaining what I think he meant by genocidal anarchy.

1 hour ago, Wiw said:

It might be evident that you need to leave the country...but is it evident where you need to go TO?

Its a global pandemic.  

Yeah! And other places have handled it so much better than we have!

32 minutes ago, Patine said:

The actual 100 days of the Rwandan Genocide happened when the Government of Rwanda infrastructure and operations had pretty much broken down completely into Anarchy after the death of President Juvenal Habyaramana. There's a good example for you.

Invalid example, it’s actually spelled Juvénal Habyarimana. Checkmate!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Sincere question:  Which places?

I believe Canada has 70% of their population with at least one dose right now, and have vaccinated at a much more accelerated pace than the U.S. Many countries have smaller death rates as well. We haven't handled it the worst by all means, but there are definite better examples. 

9 minutes ago, Hestia said:

I believe Canada has 70% of their population with at least one dose right now, and have vaccinated at a much more accelerated pace than the U.S. Many countries have smaller death rates as well. We haven't handled it the worst by all means, but there are definite better examples. 

Fair enough, though the vaccine is free to everyone 12+ who wants it, and there’s more than enough available — I don’t know what more we can do to up our vaccination rates other than arrest those who don’t want it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Fair enough, though the vaccine is free to everyone 12+ who wants it, and there’s more than enough available — I don’t know what more we can do to up our vaccination rates other than arrest those who don’t want it.

I think part of "handling it" also rests on the public but I do get your point. 🙂

3 hours ago, Wiw said:

Yeah! And other places have handled it so much better than we have!

France, the US, Russia, Brazil, India...

2 hours ago, Patine said:

COVID-19 has not been officially admitted to exist in North Korea by the Government there. 😛

That's because Supreme Leader Comrade Kim Jong-un, the greatest leader of the 21st century, and supernatural father/leader/god of North Korea has with his gracious and superhuman abilities, kept the virus that is infecting the evil American imperialists and the starving South Korean puppet state from entering into our glorious nation.

2 hours ago, Hestia said:

Well, Canada has a smaller population, so it is easier for it to reach that number than the US. Plus, I doubt vaccinations,etc are as politicized in Canada as they are in the US, but I don't know. @Patine?

Just now, Timur said:

Well, Canada has a smaller population, so it is easier for it to reach that number than the US. Plus, I doubt vaccinations,etc are as politicized in Canada as they are in the US, but I don't know. @Patine?

Canada also started months later, giving us a large head start. Either way, they're kicking our butts.

Just now, Hestia said:

Canada also started months later, giving us a large head start. Either way, they're kicking our butts.

Just look at Gibraltar's percentage. The envy of the world.

1 minute ago, Timur said:

Just look at Gibraltar's percentage. The envy of the world.

Gibraltar and Canada are in no way similar lol. Canada is a neighbor and yes, a 10th of our size, but not like 1/1000th of our size 😂

1 minute ago, Hestia said:

Gibraltar and Canada are in no way similar lol. Canada is a neighbor and yes, a 10th of our size, but not like 1/1000th of our size 😂

Well, I wasn't exactly making a point, just noting a successful region.

Canada Population:  38,086,613

US Population: 332,915,073

Just now, Timur said:

Well, I wasn't exactly making a point, just noting a successful region.

Canada Population:  38,086,613

US Population: 332,915,073

Maybe I was making a point, not exactly sure.

10 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Sincere question:  Which places?

New Zealand, definitely. They eliminated the threat from their shores in a matter of weeks.

28 minutes ago, Wiw said:

New Zealand, definitely. They eliminated the threat from their shores in a matter of weeks.

That’s wildly different.  There’s fewer people in New Zealand than there are in Alabama, and they’re surrounded by an ocean so they could cut off all travel.  That’s like saying the people in your house handled COVID better than the US government did because nobody in your house got sick but millions of people in the US did.