The Political Lounge

Best Political Ads

Hestia

Hey all! I'm working on a project for a class and I'm combing through political ads to find some of the best - preferably with a humoristic bent or innovative in some other way. I figured you all were the best to share with me some of your own favorites! Links would be great if you had them, otherwise, a description works as long as I have a person's name to look it up from! They can be from anywhere, be about any election, any party, etc. Thanks! 

• Based 1

Just now, Hestia said:

Hey all! I'm working on a project for a class and I'm combing through political ads to find some of the best - preferably with a humoristic bent or innovative in some other way. I figured you all were the best to share with me some of your own favorites! Links would be great if you had them, otherwise, a description works as long as I have a person's name to look it up from! They can be from anywhere, be about any election, any party, etc. Thanks! 

This one is really simple, and I liked it enough to buy the mug. Democrats use this add to take ownership of a label created by the GOP to insult Biden": 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hestia said:

Here's a funny one. George Bush against John Kerry. 

• Based 2

1 hour ago, Hestia said:

"Best" in that they helped the candidate?  See if you can find some of Sam Nunn's first senate campaign ads.  I still remember his campaign song 50 years later.  "Sam Nunn, Sam Nunn, put Sam Nunn in Washington, Sam Nunn, Sam Nunn".

• Like 4

23 hours ago, 10centjimmy said:

These were my favorite ads from 2008. Before Obama's 2nd place in NH I was a big Richardson fan. 

(Petition to remove Richardson's Lackey trait in AMPU) :classic_biggrin:

Those were good but I like this one from his 2006 reelection campaign even better-

• Like 2