The Political Lounge

Can a position for territorial delegate be added for the House? Can territorial governors be a position?

I think these would be fairly easy positions to incorporate into the game, and can give territories more gameplay instead of just being there until statehood.

Territorial Delegates would have positions created by a law Establish the Offices of Territorial Delegates, and would be elected the same as the House. They would be able to serve on committees and propose legislation but would not get floor votes until statehood. Delegates can receive extra points if they propose a statehood admission act that passes.

Territorial Governors would just be governors but for territories, idk what to say. Maybe a special Gov Action could be Call on Congress to Admit Territory as State, which would auto-succeed but has a 25% chance of giving a point bonus to the party that passes it in Congress. Maybe a Territorial Governor can call for independence instead if Domestic Stability is low enough?

There could also be shadow delegations as positions, but just having Delegates and Terr Govs is enough for me.

Edited by theFreezerFlame
  • Based 1

I don’t want to add anything that will slow down the game and that doesn’t add that much value to the game. I’d then have to add a ton more politicians. If anything is done in regards to this it will be after early release, and if there’s popular demand for it, and if it can be added to the game fairly easily.  Don’t really see it as adding much to the game, while helping make the turns take longer and probably helping slow down the processor  

• Agree 2

Why would you have to add a ton more politicians?

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

I don’t want to add anything that will slow down the game and that doesn’t add that much value to the game. I’d then have to add a ton more politicians. If anything is done in regards to this it will be after early release, and if there’s popular demand for it, and if it can be added to the game fairly easily.  Don’t really see it as adding much to the game, while helping make the turns take longer and probably helping slow down the processor  

1 hour ago, Bushwa777 said:

I will let @vcczar answer better but my guess is that there would now need to be everyone who ever was a territoral governor added into the game.  Not all became governor of states later on after all. 

I’d have to add terr govs and terr delegates to the house for all terrs and hypothetical terrs. Im imagining this means at least 100 more people—most so obscure that even I haven’t even heard about them. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I’d have to add terr govs and terr delegates to the house for all terrs and hypothetical terrs. Im imagining this means at least 100 more people—most so obscure that even I haven’t even heard about them. 

If v has not heard of them then you know they are obscure.  

4 hours ago, vcczar said:

Some, for example John Crowell of Alabama; would be elected to Congress after statehood. I assume most of them are already there.