The Political Lounge

Rip Henry Kissinger

DakotaHale

7 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Chad

It’s really the end of an era. The last of the Greatest Generation is leaving us. Rosalynn, Henry, it’s a sign Jimmy will be next soon imho. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Jimmy Carter will be back on his feet soon and live another 100 years. 

He really looks a lot different from just a year ago. It’s expected of course but it was sad seeing him in the funeral yesterday. I pray he leaves the Earth in peace, and with no pain. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

Once spouses die after a long marriage the other follows soon after.  I expect James will be gone by end of year 

There have been exceptions to this. My grandfather died at 86 after 60+ years married to my grandmother. She lived to 102. 

13 hours ago, vcczar said:

There have been exceptions to this. My grandfather died at 86 after 60+ years married to my grandmother. She lived to 102. 

Edited by Pringles

Ok yes there are expectations.  My grandfather died in 1971 and my grandmother in 2010

But I am a tappafile (someone who likes exploring graveyards) and many many many times I have seen graves of spouses who were married long time and whose death dates are months if not days apart 

32 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

Ok yes there are expectations.  My grandfather died in 1971 and my grandmother in 2010

But I am a tappafile (someone who likes exploring graveyards) and many many many times I have seen graves of spouses who were married long time and whose death dates are months if not days apart 

Anything lead to that interest in particular or just something you were always into? My mom does the same thing and idk why

• Thanks 1