The Political Lounge

Is the Party shift inevitable in game as Red Party draftees eventually become more Conservative and Blue Party draftees become more Liberal?

23 minutes ago, theFreezerFlame said:

That frankly feels like a flaw. Perhaps Initial Draft is determined by politician and party ideology.

It's not how the game was designed. Party cards are determined by politicians, not the other way around.

2 hours ago, Arkansas Progressive said:

It's not how the game was designed. Party cards are determined by politicians, not the other way around.

Not exactly what I mean. I'm saying the ideologies you can draft should be determined by the ideologies of the politicians you currently have.

If the Blue Party enthusiasm is favored for Mods, Libs, and Progs, and the Red Party is favored for RW Pops, Trads, and Cons, with LW Pops being neutral, then shouldn't the Blue Party be able to draft Mods, Libs, and Progs regardless of starting party? Shouldn't the Red Party have any RW Pop, Trad, or Con? Either party could draft LW pop in this scenario.

Edited by theFreezerFlame

16 minutes ago, theFreezerFlame said:

Not exactly what I mean. I'm saying the ideologies you can draft should be determined by the ideologies of the politicians you currently have.

If the Blue Party enthusiasm is favored for Mods, Libs, and Progs, and the Red Party is favored for RW Pops, Trads, and Cons, with LW Pops being neutral, then shouldn't the Blue Party be able to draft Mods, Libs, and Progs regardless of starting party? Shouldn't the Red Party have any RW Pop, Trad, or Con? Either party could draft LW pop in this scenario.

Ah. Currently the game is set up so that as each era changes, the restrictions on what ideologies each faction can draft also change. For example, Red 1 can draft LW Pop, Prog, Lib in 1772 (independence). By 1892 they're limited to LW Pop and Prog. and by 2012 just Lib/Mod.

The problem is is that you can't keep parties from shifting because the pols they draft will shift. And unless a pol has a "can be independent" tag, then only their starting party (Blue for AOC, Red for George H.W. Bush) can draft them.

And now I'm forgetting that you can turn off draft restrictions like this in the settings, if you so choose. silly me