The Political Lounge

Favorable or Unfavorable #456: Cave Johnson

vcczar

Favorable or Unfavorable #456: Cave Johnson  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Did you read my first comment?

2. 2. Favorable or Unfavorable #456: Cave Johnson

Cave Johnson of TN is often considered the most influential postmaster general in US history, for introducting postage stamps and for other reforms. 

His actions:

Johnson, Cave 1844 Campaign manager for Polk
Johnson, Cave 1845 Confirmed PM Gen for Polk
Johnson, Cave 1847 Introduces postage stamps while as PM Gen
Johnson, Cave 1860 Backs Constitutional Union party in hopes of saving the Union
Johnson, Cave 1861 a leading Unionist in TN urges state to stay in the Union; sides with CSA when TN secedes

11 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I could go about either way, but I give a tilt toward unfavorable to any adult head of household that sides with the CSA. 

Ope, misread that, yeah mark me down for unfavorable too.  It's funny, because I knew he was a confederate, but I actually thought you had him otherwise here and thought I was just wrong.

Lean favorable, he at least gave a voice in favor of the Union. Tennessee was honestly split pretty much East vs West concerning Union support and Confederate support. But I’ve told this story a thousand times… shoutout to based unionists of the mountains in East Tennessee. 

I'll go unfavorable, just for siding with the CSA at the end of the day, but it's basically 50/50.