• Elise Stefanik.
    • Vivek Ramaswamy.
    • Tim Scott.
    • Niki Haley.
    • Krisit Noem.
    • Glenn Youngkin.
    • None of the above.
    • It's too early for this, you hack.

I know the Republican Primary is still going on, but unless things change drastically, Trump will likely be the nominee. Therefore, I have been wondering who will be Donald's Vice Presidential pick. If I am putting myself in the shoes of Trump's campaign staff, I would need to make a Trump ticket as enticing as possible to disaffected Republicans, independents, and suburban women. Who do I choose? Personally, I think that Tim Scott is looking like his best choice right now. He is decently liked by most people in mainstream American politics, ran a fairly inoffensive campaign for President (Trump barely even acknowledged him as an opponent in the primaries), and has spent the past decade in the Senate without having accomplished too much of note. Perfect Vice President material.

People seem to be pushing Elise, but Idk. Trump is unpredictable. He could go Vivek or Tucker in a heartbeat. 

10 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Only definitive thing he said was that he's likely going to pick a woman. 

I heard about that, and the name that I keep hearing is Kristi Noem. I think her big issue is the alleged affair with Corey Lewandowski. I have also heard about Huckabee, who is only in her first term and has only been noteworthy for spending thousands of dollars on a lectern.

37 minutes ago, Pringles said:

People seem to be pushing Elise, but Idk. Trump is unpredictable. He could go Vivek or Tucker in a heartbeat. 

Elise is an interesting choice. She has gone back and forth between being a Rockerfeller Republican and a Trumpist Republican. My biggest inconsequential problem with her is that she would make the ticket too New York focused. I think Vivek and Tucker would make independents and moderates run away in a heartbeat, so they will definitely be on Trump's list if he is not fulfilling his "woman VP promise".

11 hours ago, ShortKing said:

Axios has reported his shortlist is down to Elise Stefanik, JD Vance, and Nikki Haley. I think Stefanik is the most likely but I still think folks underestimate the chance he picks Haley

I don't think he does because Trump wants people who aren't independent. If this is his list, it's going to be Stefanik, but I don't think she helps him at all. Both are from NY (even though his political residence is now FL). She's moved far-right and I don't think she really excites any demographic. At least Pence had big support at the time among evangelicals until he some how lost them to Trump. Vance would be a smarter choice for Trump, I think, but Vance might be more independent. He's inexperienced. You'd have an entire ticket of people not really politicians. You open up a Senate seat that could possibly be lost if Dems find the right candidate. I really, really don't think he picks Haley. All the stuff she's saying about Trump is going to be used against them both. i think Tim Scott is his best choice. I still think he could pick Lake from AZ, ultimately. She reflects him best, and I think he wants that, even if it's bad for a general election. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

I don't think he does because Trump wants people who aren't independent. If this is his list, it's going to be Stefanik, but I don't think she helps him at all. Both are from NY (even though his political residence is now FL). She's moved far-right and I don't think she really excites any demographic. At least Pence had big support at the time among evangelicals until he some how lost them to Trump. Vance would be a smarter choice for Trump, I think, but Vance might be more independent. He's inexperienced. You'd have an entire ticket of people not really politicians. You open up a Senate seat that could possibly be lost if Dems find the right candidate. I really, really don't think he picks Haley. All the stuff she's saying about Trump is going to be used against them both. i think Tim Scott is his best choice. I still think he could pick Lake from AZ, ultimately. She reflects him best, and I think he wants that, even if it's bad for a general election. 

As someone on the frontlines of the ensuing SC primary, I’m nearly certain Haley doesn’t have a shot concerning being picked for VP. Not only has she said she doesn’t want it (take that however you wish), she’s openly poking at Trumps age and clear gaffe galore, confusion insanity on the campaign trail. His ego is too fragile to pick someone like her.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I think it's best for Trumps sake that he takes a more moderate VP, maybe not Pence but a Tim Scott or someone like that, but he's likely going to take Stefanik. At least she'll grab up the 3 people who were apprehensive on Trump because there was no woman on the ticket.

• Haha 1

On 1/28/2024 at 11:02 PM, ShortKing said:

Axios has reported his shortlist is down to Elise Stefanik, JD Vance, and Nikki Haley. I think Stefanik is the most likely but I still think folks underestimate the chance he picks Haley

He might want Haley but it's doubtful she would accept

It certainly won't be Taylor Swift 🍿

Regarding Haley I think we have reached a point at which picking her might do more harm than good for the Trump campaign. The base already hates Haley passionately. All those right-wing influencers, who spent the last couple of months of going after Haley would suddenly need to make a 180 and shower her with admiration, while it can be doubted that the base would follow them again  and warm up to Haley. So I see too many irreconcilable differences, but never say never. Most politicians do everything to get more power, so I wouldn't be surprised with Haley accepting the VP spot. If Trump is convinced that she indeed helped him, he'd pick her in a heart beat despite labelling her birdbrain. 

Here's what I'm guessing, if there's no "Other" option. If  "Other' is included, I'd say "other" is 50%:

• Noem 30% chance of being VP
  • Kari Lake 20%
  • Stefanik 15% 
  • Tim Scott 10%
  • Ramaswamy 10% 
  • Youngkin 9.5%
  • JD Vance 5%
  • Haley 0.5%

On 2/1/2024 at 7:48 PM, ShortKing said:

She might decline, but I think given his age and given that it sets her up nicely for 2028, I imagine she'd at least consider it

It doesn't set her up at all if he loses, she'd get the bulk of the blame.  Sitting VPs rarely get elected.  It only sets her up if he wins and then dies in office.

3 hours ago, pilight said:

It doesn't set her up at all if he loses, she'd get the bulk of the blame.  Sitting VPs rarely get elected.  It only sets her up if he wins and then dies in office.

I doubt folks will look at a man under felony indictment and say it was Nikki Haley's fault he lost

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 7:58 PM, vcczar said:

Here's what I'm guessing, if there's no "Other" option. If  "Other' is included, I'd say "other" is 50%:

• Noem 30% chance of being VP
  • Kari Lake 20%
  • Stefanik 15% 
  • Tim Scott 10%
  • Ramaswamy 10% 
  • Youngkin 9.5%
  • JD Vance 5%
  • Haley 0.5%

I hope the 10% chance he picks Vivek happens because it'd be perhaps the biggest political blunder of all time, and I'd be grabbing the popcorn. 

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 6:32 PM, pilight said:

He might want Haley but it's doubtful she would accept

There is no planet on which Trump would offer the role to Haley. 

He still blames Pence for not overthrowing the government, even though Pence was as loyal as anyone could have possibly asked for.

Does he think Nikki Haley will pull the trigger for him where Pence wouldn't?

He's taking an undying "Trump is god" loyalist.  My money's on Vivek.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2