The Political Lounge

Favorable or Unfavorable #466: Walter B Jones Jr

vcczar

Favorable or Unfavorable #466: Walter B Jones Jr  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Did you read my first comment?

2. 2. Favorable or Unfavorable #466: Walter B Jones Jr

WB Jones Jr (NC-R) is one of the stranger politicians, ideologically speaking. He's typically categorized as a Libertarian Republican, but as a former Democrat, he supported things like increasing the Minimum Wage. This is kind of odd considering Ron Paul would probably rather drink battery acid than let wage workers making anything close to a living wage. His Libertarianism was probably most noticeable in his campaign to decrease unilateral executive power in warfare.

His actions:

Jones Jr, Walter B 1994 Switches from Democrat to GOP in bid for office
Jones Jr, Walter B 1994 Quasi-libertarian GOPer wins election to Congress during Gingrich Revolution
Jones Jr, Walter B 2005 Becomes a leading GOP voice against the war in Iraq despite initially supporting it
Jones Jr, Walter B 2007 Co-introduces a constitutional war powers resolution bill to weaken presidential war powers
Jones Jr, Walter B 2008 Backs Ron Paul for pres
Jones Jr, Walter B 2008 One of only 3 GOP reps to vote to hold Bolton and Miers in contempt of Congress
Jones Jr, Walter B 2011 A leading voice opposing Obama's intervention into Libya
Jones Jr, Walter B 2011 GOPer removed from key positions by GOP leadership for opposing GOP budget
Jones Jr, Walter B 2012 Introduces resolution to see if Obama's drone use is impeachable
Jones Jr, Walter B 2017 GOP who votes against Trump tax cuts, arguing it will add to the debt
Jones Jr, Walter B 2017 Co-sponsors No More Presidential Wars Act
Jones Jr, Walter B 2017 GOPer requests release of Trump's tax returns
Jones Jr, Walter B 2017 GOPer who calls on investigation into Russian ties to Trump 2016 campaign

4 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

This is a weird "favorable", because it's more an anti-unfavorable.  He's doing a lot of things I don't like, but he appears to be doing so in a non-partisan manner, so I have to give him that, at least.

Same for me.