The Political Lounge

2028 GOP Primary Quickshot RP

Hestia

Welcome folks! I had this idea roughly a month back (those on the Discord will have seen the poll 😉 ), but wasn’t ready to start anything just yet. With Spring Break approaching and midterms finishing on Thursday (and I had thought when I worked on this yesterday that Bob Kerrey would have to drop out in Rezi’s RP lol), I figured I’d get something going: a 2028 GOP Primary RP. 

Here’s a small synopsis. After a close-run election in 2024, Donald Trump’s third run at president failed once again, losing by a handful of votes in key states like Georgia, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. 

image.png.e391aff275f0be899b34f22a04bdcba6.png

President Joe Biden’s second term has continued to be eventful, with the war over abortion rights/LGBTQ+ rights continuing to rage on. Warnings over a new war between China and Taiwan estimated to begin in the next 2 years have begun. President Biden has started to do less and less public engagements as his age continues to reach higher, with some nervous Democrats wondering if Vice President Harris will have to step in before the election is held - while likely running for the Democratic nomination herself against a crowded field. In theory, 2028 should be a golden opportunity for Republicans to take back the White House after only one period in power in the last five elections.

Then…there’s the Trump factor. For months, former President Trump has seesawed between saying that he may run for re-election and that he’s going to pass on a fourth run. Finally, in September, he formally demurred on a run, but said that his ‘complete and total endorsement’ will be a big factor in the race - which it surely will be. The race is more open than it has been for several years, but the GOP continues to be plagued by the past. For many, Trump’s endorsement is less scary than running against Trump himself. But it will remain a key factor.

Trump endorsement mechanism: the former President has a very short list of criteria for those that could get his endorsement: that they backed him ‘100%’, and will continue his MAGA agenda in power. Winning his endorsement will not be easy. 

Step 1: Your candidate must be feasibly able to get his endorsement - a Tim Scott/Doug Burgum esque Republican even could (others would have higher possibilities), but Nikki Haley or Mitt Romney would not. I will determine who’s feasible and who is not. 

Step 2: You may request his endorsement once per turn.

First time

10 (and you’re the only one): gives you a strong Truth Social post in your favor, but does not endorse. Moves your number down by 2 needed to endorse.

8/9: mentions you on TV as supporting his agenda, but does not endorse. Moves your number down by 1 needed to endorse.

5/6/7:  is somewhat pleased by your entreaties. No effect.

3/4: is unhappy with you, but says nothing yet publicly.

2: is angry and makes a mean Truth Social post about you. Moves your number up 1 needed to endorse. 

1: is furious with you and calls you a RINO/etc. - moves your number up 2 needed to endorse.

Every other time after that:

In order to endorse, need a 10 to begin with (prior rolls may help/hinder)

10: Complete and Total endorsement!

8/9: gives you a strong Truth Social post in your favor, but does not endorse. Moves your number down by 2 needed to endorse.

6/7: mentions you on TV as supporting his agenda, but does not endorse. Moves your number down by 1 needed to endorse.

5: No effect.

3/4: is unhappy with you, but says nothing yet publicly.

2: is angry and makes a mean Truth Social post about you. Moves your number up 1 needed to endorse. 

1: is furious with you and calls you a RINO/etc. - moves your number up 2 needed to endorse.

Example: rolled a 10 first turn = needs an 8 to endorse on second time. This number fluctuates frequently. 

If endorses: Roll a d100 to determine efficacy (all of which will provide a not-insubstantial boost). 

Candidate Possibilities

Due to the nature of the RP, I just won’t have any Trump family members be a part of the race. Anyone else is fair game, but keep in mind the dynamics and lanes that could be open/closed depending on other candidacies. Consider taking a look at Wikipedia’s possible names floated if you need some help. 

Everyone knows the drill as far as the quickshot mode works - 3 events, one of which can be subbed out for a potential Trump endorsement (that momentum will still go to national momentum, but won’t go to states specifically).

Greg Abbot

Edited by WVProgressive
Edit? What edit? I was always Greg Abbot…
  • Like 1

Thus far we have our competitors as

Matt Walsh @Cenzonico

Phil Scott @The Blood

Alex Jones @Sean F Kennedy

Katie Britt @Rezi

Nikki Haley @Pringles

Greg Abbott @WVProgressive

Marco Rubio @ShortKing

Vivek Ramaswamy @Fbarbarossa

Brian Sandoval @wendell willkie fan

Ron DeSantis @Rodja

Feel free to post your first event (just an announcement) - afterwards, polling and regular turns will begin. Anyone is free to join and announce their candidacies in the next 48 hour window.

Alex Jones announces Presidential Bid on Joe Rogan

”I’m telling you Joe, the deep state even got Trump” Alex Jones went on after using smelling salts and yelling while beating his chest. “THESE GODDAMN VAMPIRES ARE KILLING OUR COUNTRY!” He would then go on rant about the other potential republican candidates. “We got Phil Scott who’s just comrade Bernie Sanders but a Republican,  we got Nikki freaking Haley, who wants us to go to war with Putin. We have Greg Abbott who is such a proponent of big government when he wants it just like Bush. The Bilderbergs are literally funneling money into Marco Rubio’s account. I think Matt Walsh has something wrong with him. He’s always talking about transgender issues but I would rather let Rue Paul drive my kids around than Matt Walsh. You look at that face and tell me he shouldn’t be on Chris Hansen’s show.” Jones would then let out a deep breath clearly winded. “Wow that’s crazy man… that’s why I moved to Texas. I bet you Newsom is still secretly in charge in California… you know. That’s what Elon told me after I took DMT.” Rogan replied as Burt Kreischer belched in the background.

Edited by Sean F Kennedy

"The fact of the matter is, our nation is in crisis. This president has failed on the economy, has failed on the border, has failed to keep our enemies in check, and has failed to deliver meaningful results for everyday Americans. The time has come for a new generation of leadership, for a President who believes in the United States of America and who won't be cowed by left wing special interests and anti-America activists. This election offers a chance to turn the page on a failed administration and turn toward the future guided by the principles that built this great country and restore the American dream."

-excerpt from Senator Rubio's announcement speech in Miami, FL

On the Daily Wire channel, a live stream titled “Special Announcement” was held. Here is an excerpt from it:

“My fellow patriots, a.k.a my friends. Our nation is at a critical juncture. Sleepy Joe has only gotten more demented, our economy has only gotten worse and worse for the average American, Taiwan is under threat from the Chinese menace, the fight for the rights of the unborn has still yet to be won, the sodomite mob continue to brainwash our children and threaten the sanctity of our great nation, and all the meanwhile the Republican party is led by weak willed and limp wristed RINOs who refuse to engage with the realities. Donald Trump is the best President our nation has had the pleasure of receiving, and we need someone who can actually assume that mantle and take the movement of great patriots into new heights. This is why I officially announce right here right now that I will be a candidate to become the Republican Party’s nominee for the 2028 election! The very soul of our nation is under threat here, and in a nation that we still refer to as god's country, we need a true leader who will stand up for the great christian family values that have guided our nation since time immemorial. I will now be taking questions, so ask away Daily Wire viewers!”

• Haha 1

Country Over Party - Phil Scott Announces Presidential Campaign From Barre, Vermont

"I've come back here, to humble Barre, because we are in a national crisis, and when looking at this small community I grew up in, and the small state I've served as governor for, I see the solution. Our country has been torn apart. It has been left battered and bruised by a man we all know the name of. Yet here in Vermont, in Barre, we don't have to talk about him. Because instead of division and hate, we've held onto community. When we in Vermont were told to despise each other because of party lines, we responded by maintaining the most diverse political scene in the country, putting character over party and democracy over polarization. So now, I would like to announce that I'm running for President of the United States, taking the story of Vermont nationwide. Because America needs a leader who will reject the extremes on behalf of the forgotten center. Who will uphold the rule of law and bipartisanship, and who can heal our nation's wounds. I believe I'm that leader, and that I am equipped to win this campaign and restore life to my Republican Party and our democracy. It's time to put country over party and build a movement to heal our Republic. Let's get to work, America."

Phil-Scott-Courtesy-RRMC-April-2022_IMG_0222.jpg.58bc0a0595a84f4dacd30da4edafacd8.jpg

Stand up for America - Greg Abbott announces a run for President in San Antonio, Texas

"Joe Biden and his Democratic handlers have betrayed this country for the past eight years. They've allowed hostile invaders to flood over our border. They've attempted to force states to allow, promote, and fund abortion on demand. They've tried to force states to recognize their woke un-reality by withholding federal funding. Some so called Republicans have surrendered to the woke agenda, some have even gone further than the Democrats and betrayed everything the Republican Party stands for. But not me. I'll never let the Democrats destroy America on my watch. Throughout my fourteen years as governor of Texas, I've been a tireless fighter for American values. I'll take this same active approach to protecting our society to the Presidency, and get to work curing the woke sickness infecting our entire federal government. I might not be able to stand on my own - but I'll always stand up for America!"

greg_abbott.jpg.c628f469106c2c74115fb4d00cdb444d.jpg

Senator Katie Britt announces presidential campaign in Mobile, Alabama

"When I look at America, folks, I look at a nation that is hurting. Because we need an America that is ready to move forward; ready to empower a new generation of strong, conservative leadership! Throughout my career, I have been a strong voice for conservative principles in the United States Senate, putting constant pressure on the Biden administration to protect our borders and protect our finances. I have been a leading voice in the need to protect the sanctity of life and protect our unborn babies from the harm that is being brought upon them. As president, I'll be the second amendment's strongest champion, pushing back on this nation that guns are causing violence. In fact, I will be the first president to be a true advocate for mental health, and by saving the minds of our people, we can lower crime rates, lower suicide rates, lower drug abuse and prove once and for all that the right to bear arms is here to stay! America, we have a lot to do. I say we get on started, shall we?"

image.png.fa97a225d3b42fdd13732da0b196bfd5.png

@Hestia

I will take Rhonda Santis🤮

Fmr. Florida Gov Ron DeSantis announces 2nd presidential bid in 2028!

DeSantis announced his campaign in a video posted on his X profile.

"America,

I know you deserve better.You deserve better than President whose mental fitness is more questionable day by day.You deserve better than his wildly unpopular VP pulling the strings from the shadow.You deserve better than Cancel Culture.You deserve better than leaders who are waging war on God and promoting insane theories about 500 different genders existing when we all know you are either a man,or you are a woman.You deserve better than wars being waged on our allies thanks to our admindrations weakness.

And I,Ron DeSantis am running for President to deliver what you deserve"

RON DESANTIS 2028:

AMERICA DESERVES BETTER!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Rodja said:

@Hestia @Cenzonico @The Blood @Sean F Kennedy @Rezi @Pringles @WVProgressive @ShortKing @Fbarbarossa

Would you guys be interested in the Dem primary version?

I would be willing to run it if you are interested,and if both RPs are successful we could eventually merge it for the general election.

I’d love to join 

30 minutes ago, Rodja said:

@Hestia @Cenzonico @The Blood @Sean F Kennedy @Rezi @Pringles @WVProgressive @ShortKing @Fbarbarossa

Would you guys be interested in the Dem primary version?

I would be willing to run it if you are interested,and if both RPs are successful we could eventually merge it for the general election.

I'd be fine if you wanted to pair them!

Make America Great Again!! - Vivek Ramaswamy announces his Presidential Campaign in front of Trump Towers (Though he may not have received permission to)

I am a DEVOUT follower of President Donald Trump!! The first man since Franklin Delano Roosevelt, who was a communist by the way, to win more than two presidential elections! It saddens me greatly that he's not running again to finally SLAY the beast we call the Deep State. And so I'm stepping in to finish the job. You see, all the other candidates in this race are spitting out their own stuff, "Stand up for America" or "America Deserves Better" and I say we don't need any of that! President Donald J Trump got it right the first time! So why change it!? I'm proud to say that I'm the continuity candidate for President Trump and I'm not gonna deviate from a single thing that he promised! I'm taking on his message! LET'S MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!

Nikki Haley Announces Her Second Run for President in 2028 - Charleston, SC 

"My fellow Americans, I stood before you four years ago to announce my candidacy for President in 2024. I ran because I felt Americans deserved a choice, not an echo. I remained in the campaign until the end. I was the last woman standing, taking on the fellas, taking on the establishment, and taking on Donald Trump. I stand here again today to announce my candidacy for President of the United States in 2028! I told you four years ago that Donald Trump could not win the general election, and what happened? He lost, again. Now it is time to move on from the failures our party has endured, and it's time to take our country back from the unchecked power of the Democratic Party. Democrats have had control of the White House for most of the 21st century, we had record victories just over a decade ago, and now our party is riddled with division, the RNC bankrupted itself in 2024, and down-ballot we frankly, got killed. I'm running again today to give you that choice again, I know so many Republicans out there are concerned if we can ever recover again, but I'm here to tell you that if you consider our campaign, our platform, we will not let you down. If you make me the Republican nominee, and eventually President of the United States, I will spend every day ensuring that I do not let you down. I love this country, I'm so blessed to have grown up here and served the great state of South Carolina. I'm the proud daughter of Indian immigrants, and the values that they instilled in me guide me to this day, I will not give up, and I will not let you down: can't is not an option. And I'm going to keep fighting because we have a country to save, and we cannot give up until we do. Thank you all, God Bless you, and God Bless the United States of America."

image.png.e7fa1fc0e647b87f69111f9c80112a70.png

Edited by Pringles

Brian Sandival announches presidential run.

Former governor of Nevada,Brian sandoval began his speech by saying" now people of this great country,I want to make this very clear:i will NOT seek trumps endorsement. Im in this race to return the republican party to the Era of Mitt Romeny,Goerve bush. Trump was bad President,and we should not be afraid of saying so. We need to work in a bipartisan manner,just like i did when I was governor of Nevada.