The Political Lounge

RFK Jr. Running Mate Poll

The Blood

Kennedy Running Mate Poll  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Of the following potential RFK Veeps, who would be the most beneficial for his campaign?

• Aaron Rodgers
    • Jesse Ventura
    • Tulsi Gabbard
    • Rand Paul
    • Andrew Yang
  2. 2. Of the following potential RFK Veeps, who do *you personally* like the most?

3. 3. Will RFK Jr.'s running mate decision meaningfully affect your opinion of him?

• Yes, I could like him more or less depending on his Veep.
    • No, I have a fairly set opinion of RFK Jr. and his candidacy.
    • I truly do not care about any of this and don't have an opinion of RFK Jr. regardless.
  4. 4. Will RFK Jr.'s running mate pick play a substantial role in his final performance (say, whether he hits 5%)?

Continuing the saga of Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s ill-fated independent presidential bid, recent reporting has come out on his campaign's narrowing list of potential running mates. While Aaron Rodgers and Jesse Ventura are the current frontrunners for the spot, I thought it'd be fun to run a poll here on the entire list. 

Edited by The Blood

So, I chose Rand Paul as the most beneficial to his campaign. Solely because Paul is a current incumbent but his Libertarian stances will bolster RFK Jr's own.

Which one do I like most? Yang. Mainly because he's the most politically different to RFK Jr, he really doesn't slot in with the other potential VPs.

My opinion of him is a firm negative.

I said yes but only because of the VPs listed. None of them will provide a substantial boost except for Rand Paul, again because he's a current incumbent and would therefore add relevance. Though I will say there's no way Paul teams up with him

• Thanks 1

I think it could matter as to who he pulls votes from. If he picks Yang, it hurts Biden. If he picks Rand Paul, assuming he’d even accept, it hurts Trump. Ventura, who knows. Rodgers probably hurts Trump, but he’s under contract with the Jets making a lot of money. Gabbard probably slightly hurts Biden. Sadly, I think Yang or Gabbard are more likely to be the VP, probably Gabbard because RFK Jr is of NY and so is Yang. I’m about 80% sure the VP is Gabbard from this list. But I could see it not being any of these people. I just hope he picks someone that left-leaning RFK supporters hate enough that some go back to Biden. 

• Thanks 1

Rodgers is by far the most exciting choice I guess. I don't like him for his policies, which I don't even know except for he didn't take the vaccine, but he'd surely bring new life into RFK's campaign. I don't see why people think Ventura would be most beneficial for RFK's campaign? He's out of office for more than 20 years. I'd say everyone else on that list is a better pick, if we leave policies aside.

My ranking goes: Rodgers - Yang - Rand Paul - Gabbard - Ventura

• Thanks 1

I hope it's either Rand Paul so that the campaign siphons off more Trump voters than Biden voters or that it's Rodgers because that's the most entertaining option.

• Agree 1

Latest polls show RFK Jr finally starting to take more votes (barely) from Trump than Biden. It had been the reverse for months. However, Stein and West are stilling handing battleground states to Trump…

This is coming from polls that do head to head and also show the race with 3rd parties.

Left-leaning 3rd parties are going to give Trump the win. 

7 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

To clarify my answer on number 2 — I like Andrew Yang as a person.  But as a politician/potential world leader, he’s useless.

Still, of the list, Yang was the only one I liked as a person.

Aaron Rodgers has the cleanest throwing motion of all time and if u deny that ur a hating liberal

12 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Aaron Rodgers has the cleanest throwing motion of all time and if u deny that ur a hating liberal

I could agree with that. I've never seen someone throw more accurate passes as effortlessly as him. He seems to barely fling the ball and it goes right where it needs to be. I'd say the only comparable players in my lifetime were Montana, Young, and Brees. However, really Young is the only one comparable because he could throw on the run while being mobile and pass just as well as if he were standing still.

Growing up in Dallas, Aikman was often considered one of the top 3 most accurate passers. While he was, he didn't have to throw all that often, and he didn't have to throw on the run as much. One great story about Aikman though is that he had OT Mark Tuinei stand about 30 to 50 yards away with a can or bottle on his head. Aikman threw a bullet and knocked it clean off, but people were equally--if not more--impressed with Tuinei who didn't even blink as the ball came at him and knocked the ball off. It might have been trust.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Over the past few days San Francisco attorney Nicole Shanahan was mentioned as a serious contender. People think she might be RFK's pick, because he said he's gonna announce his pick in Oakland, where Shanahan grew up. She's unknown and has no political experience, so I don't think that's an exciting pick.

Edited by ConservativeElector2

6 minutes ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

Over the past few days San Francisco attorney Nicole Shanahan was mentioned as a serious contender. People think she might be RFK's pick, because he said he's gonna announce his pick in Oakland, where Shanahan grew up. She's unknown and has no political experience, so I don't think that's an exciting pick.

That's basicaly a pick that will see him get 4% in the general. I really want him to pick some high-profile MAGA person who will jump to RFK Jr just to be a VP nominee. Anyone to drain votes from Trump. I no nothing about Shanahan. I didn't even know she existed until a week ago.

30 minutes ago, vcczar said:

That's basicaly a pick that will see him get 4% in the general. I really want him to pick some high-profile MAGA person who will jump to RFK Jr just to be a VP nominee. Anyone to drain votes from Trump. I no nothing about Shanahan. I didn't even know she existed until a week ago.

Lichtman may not turn the third party key against Biden at this rate. Also worth noting he’s still only on the ballot in 4 states… tick tock. 

25 minutes ago, Pringles said:

Lichtman may not turn the third party key against Biden at this rate. Also worth noting he’s still only on the ballot in 4 states… tick tock. 

I find Lichtman fun, but I don't put any sort of mysticism into his keys. It's just sort of a rule of thumb thing that has a high probability of being correct, but it is only through dumb luck it's been generally correct. There's also times when it hasn't actually worked and he's sort of bent the rules a bit. I forgot how the 2000 and 2016 keys turned out in relations to the elections. I think depending on the election some of those keys are worth more than the others. It's basis is that all those keys are equal. 

20 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I find Lichtman fun, but I don't put any sort of mysticism into his keys. It's just sort of a rule of thumb thing that has a high probability of being correct, but it is only through dumb luck it's been generally correct. There's also times when it hasn't actually worked and he's sort of bent the rules a bit. I forgot how the 2000 and 2016 keys turned out in relations to the elections. I think depending on the election some of those keys are worth more than the others. It's basis is that all those keys are equal. 

Outside of 2000, his track record is basically perfect. I trust his word on these elections, he's taken flak for calling Obama's re-election in 2010, and obviously predicting Trump's win in 2016. I put more faith in him than pundits, and especially partisan hacks masquerading as pundits on both sides that you see in media these days. Whether it be news or political channels. 

Edited by Pringles

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

Key point here is that Shahanan is quite wealthy, she even paid $4 million for Kennedy's Super Bowl ad, so RFK's logic in choosing her is clear, even if she's kind of a nobody nationally.

Edited by The Blood
  • Agree 1