Jump to content
The Political Lounge

AMPU: Era of Terra 2000 - ?


Recommended Posts

Hey all!  After a nice long hiatus, I'm ready to dive back into running a game.  Though I'm a proud Democrat these days, my respect for George W Bush is well known around here, so naturally I've chosen the Era of Terror (2000) as the start date in this game.

2000 is such a fun start date.  Bush has just been elected in the closest election in history (or possibly the election was stolen for him by the Supreme Court).  The Senate is perfectly split 50-50.  The economy is booming, the world is at peace, and surely nothing bad could possibly be around the corner....right?  

Looking for several players.  I'm rusty in running the game, so I'm exclusively looking for super-experienced, active players with a track record of success at keeping things running.  I'm considering several options, let me know if you have a preference:

1)  Two players.  One runs red team, one runs blue team, all CPU rules.
2)  Two players.  One runs red team, one runs blue team, all CPU except they get one human faction each.
3)  Four players.  One runs red CPU, one runs blue CPU, one runs a single Blue Human Faction, one runs a single Red Human Faction.

I'm rusty and things may have changed since the last time I played, so again I'm looking for experienced players who are good at updating the sheets.  I'll need some help from the players in getting everything set up, though I've already got that process started.

If you're interested, let me know!
 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Hey all!  After a nice long hiatus, I'm ready to dive back into running a game.  Though I'm a proud Democrat these days, my respect for George W Bush is well known around here, so naturally I've chosen the Era of Terror (2000) as the start date in this game.

2000 is such a fun start date.  Bush has just been elected in the closest election in history (or possibly the election was stolen for him by the Supreme Court).  The Senate is perfectly split 50-50.  The economy is booming, the world is at peace, and surely nothing bad could possibly be around the corner....right?  

Looking for several players.  I'm rusty in running the game, so I'm exclusively looking for super-experienced, active players with a track record of success at keeping things running.  I'm considering several options, let me know if you have a preference:

1)  Two players.  One runs red team, one runs blue team, all CPU rules.
2)  Two players.  One runs red team, one runs blue team, all CPU except they get one human faction each.
3)  Four players.  One runs red CPU, one runs blue CPU, one runs a single Blue Human Faction, one runs a single Red Human Faction.

I'm rusty and things may have changed since the last time I played, so again I'm looking for experienced players who are good at updating the sheets.  I'll need some help from the players in getting everything set up, though I've already got that process started.

If you're interested, let me know!
 

I AM REALLY INTRESETED, I have been reading a lot about the 2000 election in the supreme court to the general campaign. Plus I can help with setting up the sheets and stuff if you need help with that. Also I might not be veteran nor have experience (three playtests in total). but if spot is available I am happy with helping 😄

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haven't finished the draft, but here's the first three draft picks for the blue factions:

Progressive/Liberals:  MA Senator Ted Kennedy, MA Senator John Kerry, Member of the Illinois Senate (13th District) Barack Obama

LW Populist/Progressives:  Civil Rights Leader Jesse Jackson, WI Senator Russ Feingold, VT Representative Bernie Sanders

Moderates/Liberals: NY Senator Hillary Clinton, DE Senator Joe Biden, WV Senator Jay Rockefeller

Moderates/Conservatives: IL Senator Evan Bayh, Billionaire Michael Bloomberg, IA Governor Tom Vilsack

Moderates/Conservatives/Traditionalists:  Former President Bill Clinton, SD Senator & Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, TX Senator Phil Gramm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Blockmon said:

I AM REALLY INTRESETED, I have been reading a lot about the 2000 election in the supreme court to the general campaign. Plus I can help with setting up the sheets and stuff if you need help with that. Also I might not be veteran nor have experience (three playtests in total). but if spot is available I am happy with helping 😄

Great!  PM me your email address and I'll send you access to help with setting up the sheets.

Space still available for 1-3 more testers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @MrPotatoTed welcome back 🙂

 

I'd be happy to join/assist where I can but still running 2 playtests so I couldn't take on an entire team of 4 or 5 CPU factions.

 

Very much up to speed on current rules and sheet configurations. I reworked the historical era tab to make census and era changes much easier to implement for instance. So I can certainly import that over to your sheet if you'd like.

  • Based 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ebrk85 said:

Hi @MrPotatoTed welcome back 🙂

 

I'd be happy to join/assist where I can but still running 2 playtests so I couldn't take on an entire team of 4 or 5 CPU factions.

 

Very much up to speed on current rules and sheet configurations. I reworked the historical era tab to make census and era changes much easier to implement for instance. So I can certainly import that over to your sheet if you'd like.

That would be great, thanks!  PM your email and I'll give you access.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/21/2024 at 12:09 AM, MrPotatoTed said:

Moderates/Conservatives/Traditionalists:  Former President Bill Clinton, SD Senator & Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, TX Senator Phil Gramm

Not to put a damper on anyone's parade, but Phil Gramm was a Republican in 2000, and definitely NOT a Democrat.  He switched parties from Blue to Red in 1983.

I know, because I was present at his "Presidential announcement" in the 1996 campaign.  He announced it in my former hometown of Columbus, GA.  He was born on Ft. Benning (now Ft. Moore).  He eventually lost the nomination to Bob Dole.

Edited by matthewyoung123
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, matthewyoung123 said:

Not to put a damper on anyone's parade, but Phil Gramm was a Republican in 2000, and definitely NOT a Democrat.  He switched parties from Blue to Red in 1983.

I know, because I was present at his "Presidential announcement" in the 1996 campaign.  He announced it in my former hometown of Columbus, GA.  He was born on Ft. Benning (now Ft. Moore).  He eventually lost the nomination to Bob Dole.

I updated Gramm on the master sheet. Added "Can Party Flip" along with a "Flip Year" of 1983

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks all!  I have to admit I bit off more than I can chew these days.  
 

I did distribute most of the blue team (none of the red) and a lot of the other work was at least started if not finished.  I’m happy to hand it off to an experienced GM if anyone wants to run it.  I forgot that setting up a post 1772 run is so hard time consuming that I burnout before the game has even begun. Haha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Thanks all!  I have to admit I bit off more than I can chew these days.  
 

I did distribute most of the blue team (none of the red) and a lot of the other work was at least started if not finished.  I’m happy to hand it off to an experienced GM if anyone wants to run it.  I forgot that setting up a post 1772 run is so hard time consuming that I burnout before the game has even begun. Haha.

I'm interested in playing a Red faction if there are any available but I'm in 2 playtests already and GM'ing a 3rd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...