The Political Lounge

Olympics

jnewt

What are people watching the most in the Olympics? I'm most interested in baseball's return (about to watch Dominican Republic v. Japan), basketball, and boxing. I might watch some soccer if I'm awake, as well as some of the medal events involving U.S. athletes in sports I don't typically watch.

2 minutes ago, jnewt said:

What are people watching the most in the Olympics? I'm most interested in baseball's return (about to watch Dominican Republic v. Japan), basketball, and boxing. I might watch some soccer if I'm awake, as well as some of the medal events involving U.S. athletes in sports I don't typically watch.

I've been watching! I usually just watch the NBC primetime/day program. I like watching swimming, cycling and gymnastics the most. I watched the road race which was insane to see. The second place person thought they had won because the first place racer was so far ahead! 

Soccer.

I regularly check the medals table to learn about athletes from sports I don't know much about. I cheer on South Korea the most, but I also like Japan to win something.

It's also nice to see Austrians becoming quite a force again after very bad Olympics. And the success of San Marino is truly amazing.

12 minutes ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

Soccer.

I regularly check the medals table to learn about athletes from sports I don't know much about. I cheer on South Korea the most, but I also like Japan to win something.

It's also nice to see Austrians becoming quite a force again after very bad Olympics. And the success of San Marino is truly amazing.

Kosovo is doing very well as well. I was amazed by the Austrian road racer! Definitely cheered her on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hestia said:

Kosovo is doing very well as well. I was amazed by the Austrian road racer! Definitely cheered her on.

And thanks for cheering on Mrs. Kiesenhofer! 😄 I was very happy that day when I saw Austria joined many great nations with having won a gold medal in Japan.

• Like 1

Just now, ConservativeElector2 said:

And thanks for cheering on Mrs. Kiesenhofer! 😄 I was very happy that day when I saw Austria joined many great nations with having won a gold medal in Japan.

It was funny to watch that she was so far ahead that people forgot about her. And she had a PhD and wasn't a professional cyclist! Very cool to see

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hestia said:

It was funny to watch that she was so far ahead that people forgot about her. And she had a PhD and wasn't a professional cyclist! Very cool to see

Yeah, she's a mathematician which is among the coolest things one can achieve I guess.  Really awesome. After gaining a PhD in mathematics and a gold medal at the Olympics her next step should be becoming an astronaut. Imagine this CV lol

Edited by ConservativeElector2
  • Like 1