The Political Lounge

AMPU Generated Draft

vcczar

I've fleshed out the draft generator.

If you were playing the game, and you were playing as your preferred ideological faction of your preferred major party for the 2024 politician draft? Which politician(s) would you hope to draft? Only typing out the funny names:

• Gummo Allain, Liberal from WY with 1 command, 1 governing, 1 admin, Trade expertise, and Lowbrow, hale traits
  • Markwayne Stilllaugh, RW Populist from UT with 1 governing, Transportation expertise, Theocrat, manipulative, likable, and Hispanic
  • Kermit Red Cloud, Liberal from IN with 1 governing and 1 judicial, Military expertise, Theocrat, disharmonious, likable, LGBT, religious minority
  • Chuck Chew, Conservative from NM with 1 governing, 1 judicial, 1 admin, Energy expertise, theocrat, hale, celebrity, other race, catholic
  • Frosty Spry, Traditionalist from MN with 1 legis, 1 gov, 1 admin, Agriculture expertise, Pliable, efficient, African-American
  • Don Quicklife, Conservative from CT with 1 legis, 1 command, 1 judicial, Technology expertise, kingmaker, celebrity
  • Kareena Hoar, Traditionalist from VT with 1 admin and 1 judicial, education expertise, expansionists, controversial, disharmonious, African-American, LGBT, Religious minority, Woman
  • Experience Willey, Moderate from LA with 1 Admin and 1 Legis, Business expertise, Reformist, Likable, pliable, African-American, LGBT, Religious minority, Woman
  • Carrie Kerry, Progressive from SD with 1 admin and 1 mil, Science expertise, Expansionist, debater, harmonious, religious minority, woman

@MrPotatoTed @ConservativeElector2 @Beetlejuice @Cal @DakotaHale @Dobs @Edouard @Fbarbarossa @Hestia @Patine @Rezi @Rodja @Sean F Kennedy @WVProgressive @Zenobiyl

2 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Kermit Red Cloud just because of the name. Don Quicklife bc of his stats. 

All the good left-leaning options are in terrible states for them to get elected in. Basically, they're great if the player manages to convince the electoral to vote Democrat. It's possible but would require upset governor victory + upset US Sen victory and a loosening of voter restrictions, building political machines, and some other laws or shenanigans. Indiana is possible. Getting the moderate for Democrats might be helpful in getting LA, but an LGBT won't win there . Kermit Red Cloud might be my default choice.

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

All the good left-leaning options are in terrible states for them to get elected in. Basically, they're great if the player manages to convince the electoral to vote Democrat. It's possible but would require upset governor victory + upset US Sen victory and a loosening of voter restrictions, building political machines, and some other laws or shenanigans. Indiana is possible. Getting the moderate for Democrats might be helpful in getting LA, but an LGBT won't win there . Kermit Red Cloud might be my default choice.

Would there be scenarios in which Arkansas could be a far left state the likes of California in 2020 or will all states follow a pre set partisan path like in real life?

9 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Would there be scenarios in which Arkansas could be a far left state the likes of California in 2020 or will all states follow a pre set partisan path like in real life?

I hope that it is in fact possible to have Arkansas and California switching roles for example, but it should be rather difficult to achieve that extreme form.

7 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

There are state and ideological biases for every era, but they can be modified through governor actions. 

So let's say California is bias +3 for Blue (Democrats) and +2 for LW Populists. This means a Democrat LW Populist will have a +5. 

A Republican player wanting to change this would have two real options: 1) Before the state veers left in an upcoming historical era, they might want to implement protections for their party in advance (I think GA is doing this now in real life). If the era has arrived, they need to win an upset to take a Gov and Sen seat, generally by running a strong candidate against a mediocre or poor candidate. If this is done, then they have some options to reduce the Democratic advantage, although a LW Pop Democrat will always be hard to beat, unless that LW Pop Dem has controversial, been hit with a scandal, is unlikable. A charismatic politicians of any party will generally have a shot. 

I have the biases in play because otherwise you're going to have a lot of random ideologies that don't make sense. Also, everyone will ignore the small states and just battle for CA, TX, FL, NY. 

• Like 1

If I was on the Blue Team: Gummo Allain

If I was on the Red Team: Markwayne Stilllaugh

• Like 1

• Kermit Red Cloud, Liberal from IN with 1 governing and 1 judicial, Military expertise, Theocrat, disharmonious, likable, LGBT, religious minority
  • Experience Willey, Moderate from LA with 1 Admin and 1 Legis, Business expertise, Reformist, Likable, pliable, African-American, LGBT, Religious minority, Woman
  • Carrie Kerry, Progressive from SD with 1 admin and 1 mil, Science expertise, Expansionist, debater, harmonious, religious minority, woman
  • Like 1

Here's today's generated draft, who would you most want on your team. Note: I'm selecting only the interesting names

• Friend Falcon
    • Liberal Civil Rights activist from Idaho
    • 1 Gov ability, Housing Expertise
    • Propagandist, Kingmaker
    • White, foreign born, religious minority
  • Moody Romney
    • Traditionalist reformist from Nebraska
    • 1 Gov and Legis, Economics expertise
    • Pliable, leadership
    • White, protestant
  • Virgil Birthdirge
    • Liberal reformist from Connecticutt
    • 1 Gov and Legis, Environment expertise
    • Pliable, manipulative
    • White, Catholic
  • Orbit Muhlenberg
    • Moderate LW Activist from Pennsylvania
    • 1 Judicial and governing ability, Labor expertise
    • Controversial, orator
    • White, catholic, woman

@MrPotatoTed @ConservativeElector2 @Hestia @Zenobiyl @Rezi @WVProgressive @Rodja @DakotaHale @Dobs

@MrPotatoTed @ConservativeElector2 @Hestia @Zenobiyl @Rezi @WVProgressive @Rodja @DakotaHale @Dobs

Today's 4/20 AMPU Generated Draft. Who would you draft, provided they were of your preferred party and ideology? Interesting names only:

• Alfonso Cookiebottoms, North Dakota, 1 governing, Education expertise, LW Activist, Egghead,  other race
  • Gina Defecator, New York, 1 governing, Business expertise, manipulative, uncharismatic, African-American, woman
  • Johnston Oaf, Idaho, 1 Legis and 1 governing, military expertise, pacifist, puritan, integrity
  • Elon Quakebuttock, Maine, 1 admin and 1 judicial, trade expertise, Civil Rights, disharmonious, debater, 

• Like 1

I've added specific religions and races in place of "Other Race" and "Religious Minority"

So a generated politician will be more specific, such as

Name: Marie Antoinette Griefenvy

State: Washington

Abilities: 1 governing

Ideology: Traditionalist

Expertise: Agriculture

Interest: Expansionist

Traits: Lackey, Propaganda

Demographics: Native American, Non-Religious, Foreign Born

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Where do these names come from?

90% of the names come from the first and last names of the 6,000+ politicians in the game from history. I also added some made up names that I created over the years: 

Here's part of my list I made over the years:

Archbishop Muhammad Goldstein

Tancred Dearthworth

Ethelred Deadspring

Belisarius Blightlight

Cuthbert Gracewilt

Cloudsley Airsmith

Angus Glasssucker

Gutterball Whalesmith

Clitoris Davis

Cassius Gasass

Dodo Sandhands