The Political Lounge

List your favorite conspiracy theories

Timur

My favorites

(You can list as many as you like)

1.Finland doesn't exist

2.Shape-shifting, bloodsucking, humanoid reptilians have been controlling the planet.

3.Nazis had UFOs, and they took off and escaped to some secret place in Antarctica

4.The Pentagon has chemical bomb that turns frogs gay

5.Saddam Hussein had a stargate, that's what Bush was actually after.

6.The sun doesn't exist. It's actually a giant lightbulb, and the governments are spending so much money to keep that lightbulb on. There is a giant glass wall/ceiling around the earth. The moon is real. When they did went to the moon, they crashed through the wall.

7.All the "Barack Obama is the Antichrist," "Donald Trump is the Antichrist" "Barney the Purple Dinosaur is the Antichrist" theories

Examples: Ronald has 6 letters, Wilson has 6 letters, Reagan has 6 letters, also Reagan survived a gunshot wound; CUTE PURPLE DINOSAUR -> CVTE PVRPLE DINOSAVR -> C+V+V+L+D+I+V = 666 = Barney is the Antichrist; Donald Trump Tower's address is 666 5th avenue - a variation has Jared Kushner as the Antichrist; Barack Obama is the Antichrist because the day he was elected President, Illinois pick 3 lottery numbers had 666; Mikhail Gorbachev (look at that weird mark on his forehead); World Wide Web (Hebrew letter Vau is the 6th letter in the alphabet) = 666; JFK got 666 votes in the 1956 convention; Ino. and Chas. Wesley - remove the Roman numerals = V+J (I) + D + C + W (V+V) + L = 666 = John and Charles Wesley is/are the Antichrist

8.New World Order and its many variations

9.Ice Bucket Challenge is Satanic

10.Dinosaurs built the pyramids

11.Elizabeth II is a cannibal

12.Government sacrifices people to Baal in April

13.Vaccines are intended to hurt black kids.

14.There's a second sun - but that's what NASA doesn't want you to know.

15.Earth has been sucked into a black hole.

16.The Denver Airport is Satanic

17.Adam Weishaupt, founder of the Illuminati, killed George Washington, and the person you see on the $1 bill is Adam Weishaupt.

18.The Moon does't exist.

19.Bill Gates creates fake snow.

20.5G causes Cancer and Covid-19

21.USA had a treaty with aliens

22.Jesuits killed Kennedy

Edited by Timur

Conspiracy theories are extremly dangerous for society's wellbeing as they spread misinformation and false beliefs that often lead people to develop extremist views based on them.Having a favorite conspiracy theory is like having a favorite serial killer.

Planet X (Nibiru) This theory actually scared me back in 2015 when I was exposed to too many bad places on the internet. 

After realizing the end of the world didnt happen, I pulled the young teenager Pringle together and never looked back. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Rodja said:

Conspiracy theories are extremly dangerous for society's wellbeing as they spread misinformation and false beliefs that often lead people to develop extremist views based on them.Having a favorite conspiracy theory is like having a favorite serial killer.

I think making a mockery of them (which is essentially what all of this means.) is not a problem whatsoever. 😛 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Rodja said:

Aileen Wuornos.

you?

I love reading JFK assassination theories. 

For what it's worth, I think I mostly support the version put forward in Stephen King's brilliant 11/22/63:  that Oswald was a mixture of crazy and naïve, he tried to impress some people who were important and other people who Oswald incorrectly believed were important, some of those people jerked him around a bit either playing along to be polite or to laugh at him...and eventually it escalated to basically Oswald saying "Someone should kill JFK" and they said "Yeah, buddy, sure, someone should," and he thought he was being officially ordered to do so.

Thus he truly believed he was a "patsy" despite also being a lone wolf acting independently.

But the other theories are interesting to read as well.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

You know, even though there were variable a few, making EVERY high-profile American assassin out to be an insecure, attention-seeking, Caufield-quoting creep is probably a bit disingenuous and cliched - and possibly meant to exonerate and dismiss the very real element of the U.S. Government-funded- and -directed terrorist organizations committing assassination - let's call it what it what it is, cold-blooded first-degree-murder committed by the U.S. Government, but just as criminal - and just as deserving as capital-crime-level punishment for all involved - on it's own citizen as much as such criminal and cowardly murder is committed on those of other national citizens. Oswald was a former U.S. Marine Corps sniper, not a Mama's basement deluded punk.

I assure you that he was both.  And speaking as a Veteran, he's not alone in that sense.  There's plenty of "Mama's basement deluded punk"s who join the military, and some of them remain that way even after they get out.  

27 minutes ago, Patine said:

That's just a deconstructionist, modernist view on Sumerian, Buddhist, Jainist, Gnostic, Nahua, and some tribal Animistic traditions' religious views of apparent, empirical creation. It's not remotely new, as a concept, and is not a product of the age where, "conspiracy theories," are spawned, but is a very old trope and concept indeed. I mean Sumerians believed it, for crying out loud! THAT IS old!

Still pretty wacky to the point it's a conspiracy theory. 😛 

2 hours ago, Patine said:

That's just a deconstructionist, modernist view on Sumerian, Buddhist, Jainist, Gnostic, Nahua, and some tribal Animistic traditions' religious views of apparent, empirical creation. It's not remotely new, as a concept, and is not a product of the age where, "conspiracy theories," are spawned, but is a very old trope and concept indeed. I mean Sumerians believed it, for crying out loud! THAT IS old!

Ok :classic_sad:

• Haha 1

I sometimes thought it would be fun if someone made an alternate history novel using conspiracy theories.

Just now, jnewt said:

Birds aren't real

Wow, I googled to see if this conspiracy theory was real. Wow. This is really crazy.

4 hours ago, Patine said:

What, @DakotaHale? This @Eugeneguy's been nothing but a juvenile jackass to me since shortly after signing up. Even though I've only met two in personal interactions online, him and Anthony Burgoyne, from that sampling pool alone, it would lead me to believe all proprietors of small game companies are odious and noxious in their personal conduct... 😞

A little bit of Sandra in the sun...

• Haha 2

I think Patine should tone it down, but I do agree that I don't like the lyrics which seem to indicate sexual behavior.

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

I see @Pringles also supports @Eugene's shameless trolling, by his last two emotes, as well. But @Pringles is often an obnoxious troll himself, so his opinion here is likely also compromised, and thus also worthless.

I disagree that Pringles is a troll.

Edited by Timur

7 hours ago, Patine said:

I see @Pringles also supports @Eugene's shameless trolling, by his last two emotes, as well. But @Pringles is often an obnoxious troll himself, so his opinion here is likely also compromised, and thus also worthless.

The correct term is memer.