The Political Lounge

Open Beta for Battle For the Hill online

Zenobiyl

I signed up...but no idea what I'm doing, and apparently I have to link to a discord, which...I'm already lost.

Ha.  

It occurred to me one day that all of my living grandparents were on Facebook...and yet, my great-grandmother never ever touched a computer in her whole life, despite living until 2018.  What happened?  When did she decide "that's enough technology for me, thanks.  I'm getting off right here, at computers."?

For me, it's Discord.  This is my stop.  I'm getting off.  ;c)

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

I signed up...but no idea what I'm doing, and apparently I have to link to a discord, which...I'm already lost.

Ha.  

It occurred to me one day that all of my living grandparents were on Facebook...and yet, my great-grandmother never ever touched a computer in her whole life, despite living until 2018.  What happened?  When did she decide "that's enough technology for me, thanks.  I'm getting off right here, at computers."?

For me, it's Discord.  This is my stop.  I'm getting off.  ;c)

I can’t get myself to use discord either. I kind of lose steam when I am told to create an account. I can’t get into Reddit either. 

• Like 2

Just now, vcczar said:

I can’t get myself to use discord either. I kind of lose steam when I am told to create an account. I can’t get into Reddit either. 

I do enjoy Reddit, though I don't use it as much now ever since it got blocked at work.  Now it's just a "I"m bored, wonder if anything interesting is there" thing, instead of something I was putting a fair amount of effort into like I was before.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

I don't even exist - and never have, on Facebook, Twitter, or similar social media platforms, though I have been on a few Discord channels in my life - but less than I could count on one hand. And their, "new message posted," is VERY intrusive.

Facebook has value to me because I've spent most of my adult life away from the family and friends I grew up with.  Thanks to Facebook, we're able to stay involved in each other's lives, "meet" significant others, be able to pick each other's kids out of a lineup.  Ha.  And because of that, when I do get back to town, it's natural to visit in person and feel like no time has been lost.  Versus otherwise we surely would have all drifted apart by now, and my parents and grandparents would hardly know my wife and daughter at all.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Zenobiyl said:

It’s a spiritual successor to Power. We already have a doblets caucus set up in the GOP 😂

So this is a rival secret society.😏

Edited by Timur

4 minutes ago, Rodja said:

Good luck to both of us then!Hope more experienced players are willing to help us.Whats your name in game?

Maxwell Feargeis (after one of my old D&D characters, back when I used to play).

Im running for both Senator of Ohio and Vice Chair of the Ohio Democrat Party.

I tried registering as well, but I don't know well about discord, so I pretty much gave up.

I'm officially vice chair of the Ohio Democrat Party.  I tried to use my newfound position to funnel more than $130,000 to my campaign account, but it turns out you need another member of the party leadership to sign off on all transfers.  Smart.

So instead the Party Chair and I doled out the money appropriately to the candidates worthy of official party support.  That was fun.  My own primary isn't for another 8 days and I already have a challenger, we'll see how it goes.

• Like 4