The Political Lounge

AG James finds Cuomo guilty of sexual harassment

Hestia

9 minutes ago, Rodja said:

I never liked him,not even when there was Cuomomania raging on in 2020,i always had a bad feeling about him.I wonder who could run in 2022?

1) I think he was in Jeffrey Epstein's phone book as well.

2) Bill De Blasio, Scott Stringer, and Jumaane Williams are interested.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

What's with all of these crooked and/or abusive New York politicians? And I'd include Donald Trump AND Hillary Clinton here, too...

Same reason Wider-Chicago- er, sorry, Illinois, is such a steaming pile of graft, and corruption. When one, or in New York's case a few, politically homogenous cities can more or less run an entire state, then you're bound to see an explosion of corruption, graft, power abuse, and party machines. That's my theory, at least.

• Agree 2

Just now, Patine said:

Hoping not to be accused of being sexist, here, as I'm not at all, but what other selling points as a politician does she have in her favour? I don't think a demographic membership alone should ever be enough, in and of itself. Just like Straight Cis Middle-or-Upper-Class Protestant White Males shouldn't be an automatic default, either.

She's from out of the New York machine - she's from West New York. She's a very hard worker from what I understand and has done a lot to promote various local causes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

New York needs less New York City bozos running the states and more outsiders. 

OR

George Pataki can come back and make the state great again. 😛 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

Hoping not to be accused of being sexist, here, as I'm not at all, but what other selling points as a politician does she have in her favour? I don't think a demographic membership alone should ever be enough, in and of itself. Just like Straight Cis Middle-or-Upper-Class Protestant White Males shouldn't be an automatic default, either.

She has experience as A County Executive, US Representative, and Lt. governor. She’s also from Western New York, which is very traditionally underrepresented in NY Politics. I believe she’d be the first governor from the region in over 100 years

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

How about Letitia James for Governor?

Edited by Timur

32 minutes ago, Patine said:

I don't know. I know too little about Hochul. However, I agree with you that being a woman should not be the only thing that should count here. It wouldn't surprise me if this became a main argument in the race to succeed Cuomo though.

In the Seoul mayoral election, many pundits also projected a race between two women for the reason that the old mayor was accused of sexual harassment and committed suicide. However, the conservative primary for the People Power Party nomination was won by former mayor Oh Se-hoon, a man. And he went on to win the general election in a landslide... so I guess Hochul will have to earn her ticket as well. 

I stand with Governor Andrew Cuomo against this politically motivated smear campaign by a few jealous women! Cuomo should drop Hochul from the ticket in 2022, no more traitors in this party! He should run with an upstanding, and loyal democrat, the obvious choice being Anthony Weiner. Cuomo/Weiner 2022!

(I'm joking, just to be clear.)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

I stand with Governor Andrew Cuomo against this politically motivated smear campaign by a few jealous women! Cuomo should drop Hochul from the ticket in 2022, no more traitors in this party! He should run with an upstanding, and loyal democrat, the obvious choice being Anthony Weiner. Cuomo/Weiner 2022!

(I'm joking, just to be clear.)

2008 RP noises. Epstein ticket...

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

For me, it is the conviction that changes everything. I must state that the growing trend of demanding termination of employment, resignation from position of authority, or cancellation of contract on ALLEGATIONS ALONE WITH NO OR HIGHLY LIMITED BURDEN OF PROOF, devoid of conviction or admission of guilt, is a very disturbing one indeed, and an utter violation of due process, justice, and the pillar concept of common law justice of, "innocent until proven guilty," - and reeks of the Reverend and Governor Thomas Winthrop - and is something anyone who values justice should stand against, and not support, lest the, "power abuse creep," of this phenomenon grow to numerous other areas (apparently allegations of hate speech from ambiguous and open-to-interpretation statements, tracts, articles, or blogs have been leading to the same). And, no movement that calls itself LEFT-WING should engage in witch-hunting that is a direct assault on labour law and workers' rights. This is why I wait for a conviction or admission, or at least an undeniable mounting of evidence, before joining such a condemnation, and chasten those who jump in too early.

There is an undeniable amount of evidence, if you bothered to look at the report or listen to any of the press conference like I did. Since you presumably haven't done either, I don't think you need to get on a high horse here and "chasten" me. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Patine said:

For me, it is the conviction that changes everything. I must state that the growing trend of demanding termination of employment, resignation from position of authority, or cancellation of contract on ALLEGATIONS ALONE WITH NO OR HIGHLY LIMITED BURDEN OF PROOF, devoid of conviction or admission of guilt, is a very disturbing one indeed, and an utter violation of due process, justice, and the pillar concept of common law justice of, "innocent until proven guilty," - and reeks of the Reverend and Governor Thomas Winthrop - and is something anyone who values justice should stand against, and not support, lest the, "power abuse creep," of this phenomenon grow to numerous other areas (apparently allegations of hate speech from ambiguous and open-to-interpretation statements, tracts, articles, or blogs have been leading to the same). And, no movement that calls itself LEFT-WING should engage in witch-hunting that is a direct assault on labour law and workers' rights. This is why I wait for a conviction or admission, or at least an undeniable mounting of evidence, before joining such a condemnation, and chasten those who jump in too early.

The allegations happened months ago. This is coming from the attorney general of NY in an independent investigation that started in March.The report came out with overwhelming evidence that Cuomo did sexually harass at least 11 girls. This is not a witch hunt it’s the results of an investigation. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Patine said:

There’s literally plenty of evidence to support the allegations against Cuomo. Just because someone hasn’t been convicted of a crime, doesn’t mean that they are innocent. For example, is OJ Simpson a murderer, with your reasoning, he isn’t due to a lack of a conviction.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Cenzonico said:

*Alex Jones

Gov. Marjorie Taylor Greene with Lieutenant Governor Cynthia McKinney. Imagine all the conspiracy theories coming out of the governor's mansion.

Edited by Timur