The Political Lounge

Subcategories Poll

DakotaHale

Subcategory Poll  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Subcategories For Forums?

Should there be subcategories on the forum (i.e., world politics and USA politics as separate subcategories under the political forum, or RPs and play-by-plays separated under the gaming forum), or are the basic three all-in-one categories sufficient?

2 hours ago, DakotaHale said:

Should there be subcategories on the forum (i.e., world politics and USA politics as separate subcategories under the political forum, or RPs and play-by-plays separated under the gaming forum), or are the basic three all-in-one categories sufficient?

I usually like subcategories but I know some people find them cluttery. 

9-3 split in favor of subcategories.

Here's the solution I'm thinking for now: 

I can always move threads later. I think I'll keep the 3 basic categories for now, and expand into (a small amount, less is more and analysis paralysis is real), a few subcategories when we get enough users to make it a logistically and functionally good choice.

28 minutes ago, Patine said:

No, because you know damned well, as much as I do, that threads are going to come along that fit in none of the pre-created categories. An ounce of prevention is worth of a pound of cure, as they say,  in terms of managing such logistical issues. Also, having just "USA politics," and, "world politics," feeds into the unhealthy viewpoint that the United States is separate, and even, at times, in a void, from the rest of the world, a bizarre, and cult attitude worthy of countries like North Korea and Iran, that could be HIGHLY discouraged among educated people.

The forum really wasn’t the same without @Patine lol

• Haha 3