The Political Lounge

Should the confused emoji be removed?

DakotaHale

Remove the confused emoji?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should the confused emoji be removed?

The confused emoji is by far the least used emoji on the forum. It has also caused considerable angst among some forum member(s). Since it is reputation-neutral it wouldn’t affect current reputation points. Should it be removed?

I am thinking of replacing it with a “based” emote that functions as a “super like” that grants +2 points but has a limit to how often it can be used.  But that’s another poll. 

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I never use it. But I still wish all the emojis were possible. 

My fear with that is causing “analysis paralysis”, which is when there’s too many components or options to choose from in a UI that ultimately results in the user not choosing any to begin with. I think a “less is more” approach is optimal for the forum to ensure a healthy amount of reactions to posts. But if anyone has any suggestions feel free to suggest. 

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

The, "confused," and the, 'sad," one should go. And the, "laugh," only seems to be used a small minority of the time for anything actually, "funny." I say cut it down to, "agree," "disagree," and, "thanks," myself.

Vote in the poll?

Just now, Pringles said:

Anybody who whines about emojis need to grow up. Calling all Doblets to save the confused emoji!

Bahahaha. Honestly I’m just against it because of how little it is used. I want to replace it with something that has more utility. 

Will be interesting to see if it stays or not. 

13 hours ago, Patine said:

Anyone who abuses emotes just to shit-disturb also needs to grow up. It's a narrow, red line there, and neither of us are walking it well at all... 😛

"For just one dollar a day, you can save a poor, abused emote and see that it gets the care and love all emotes deserve..."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrPotatoTed said:

In my experience, telling people they "need to grow up" is about as effective as telling people they "need to calm down."

While no doubt both can be true at times, the advice is wasted all the same.

Calm down is the dumbest two words in the English language 😛

• Disagree 2

18 hours ago, Patine said:

The, "confused," and the, 'sad," one should go. And the, "laugh," only seems to be used a small minority of the time for anything actually, "funny." I say cut it down to, "agree," "disagree," and, "thanks," myself.

Patine wants to create an emoji duopoly! Just kidding.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/15/2021 at 10:52 AM, DakotaHale said:

The confused emoji is by far the least used emoji on the forum. It has also caused considerable angst among some forum member(s). Since it is reputation-neutral it wouldn’t affect current reputation points. Should it be removed?

I am thinking of replacing it with a “based” emote that functions as a “super like” that grants +2 points but has a limit to how often it can be used.  But that’s another poll. 

How about an "excited" emote as well?

Edited by Timur
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1