The Political Lounge

Extra information

Timur

@Beetlejuice@ConservativeElector2@Pringles @Dobs@DakotaHale@jvikings1@Rodja@Rezi@Sean F Kennedy@MrPotatoTed@vcczar@The Blood@Hestia@SilentLiberty@WVProgressive@Kitten@Cal@Edouard@themiddlepolitical@Zenobiyl@Wiw@Cenzonico@jnewt

1) A description of yourself (for the blurbs)

2) The name of your Super Pacs (and their power on a 1-5 scale).

3) Any "events" you would like to suggest?

4) Also, which candidates would you be open to have as your VP? Bold all those you want as your VP? (Note: I used your forum usernames here for convenience) (If you are Democrat you bold only among Democrats, Republican among Republicans, etc.) (Also, no need to bold yourself)

Democrats

Joe Biden

Bernie Sanders

Elizabeth Warren

Pete Buttigieg

SunnymentoAddict

Rodja

Rezi

Sean F Kennedy

Mr. PotatoTed

VcCzar

The Blood

Hestia

Silent Liberty

WV Progressive

LizPhairPhreak

Cal

Edouard

TheMiddlePolitical

Ken Salazar

Xavier Becerra

Kyrsten Sinema

Republicans

Donald Trump

Bill Weld

Joe Walsh

Mark Sanford

BeetleJuice

Conservative Elector2

Pringles

Timur

Populist86

Dobs

vjw

jvikings1

Dakota Hale

Michele Bachmann

Mike Lee

Jeff Sessions

Newt Gingrich

Marsha Blackburn

Rick Scott

Mary Fallin

Deb Fischer

Shelley Moore Capito

Jan Brewer

Richard Burr

Libertarians

Lincoln Chafee

Adam Kokesh

John McAfee

Arvin Vohra

Vermin Supreme

Austin Petersen

Justin Amash

Silent Liberty

Cenzonico

Greens

Ian Schlakaman

Jill Stein

Ajamu Baraka

Howie Hawkins

Jesse Ventura

Wiw

5) If you are an independent, who would be your VP and what would their stats be?

Edited by Timur
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Timur said:

Republicans

Donald Trump

Bill Weld

Joe Walsh

Mark Sanford

BeetleJuice

Conservative Elector2

Pringles

Timur

Populist86

Dobs

vjw

jvikings1

Dakota Hale

Michele Bachmann

Mike Lee

Jeff Sessions

Newt Gingrich

Marsha Blackburn

Rick Scott

Mary Fallin

Deb Fischer

Shelley Moore Capito

Jan Brewer

Richard Burr

1) Will the rather obscure Representative Timothy Lim be able to win despite his many disagreements with the party?

2) Lim for President 2020 (Primaries 2, General 4)

3) "Ron Swanson calls vaccines experimental trash" (event replenishes speeches for COVID-19)

4) is above

Edited by Timur

1. Politically-incorrect businessman from Ohio joins the race for POTUS. Will he take it seriously and try to win? Or will he get bored and run a half-ass campaign?

2. PAC Mule

3. "Dakota Hale busted for spending campaign money at a strip club; though he claims it was for Charity... which is also the stripper's name" -1 momentum, maybe some sort of event inspiration for some social issue

4. Pringles, Dobs, ConservativeElector, jvikings

• Thanks 1

1) Known for his bombastic speeches on the floor of the house, the two-term Democratic Representative from rural New York hopes to bring together American people from all walks of life for a high energy, unapologetic campaign for President, focused on tearing down the establishment where it stands.

2) The People's PAC (3 primary, 4 general)

3) "Ethan Rezi attempts to grind Congress to a halt to prevent legislation from being signed" +1 momentum

4) Sean F Kennedy, VcCzar, The Blood, Hestia, WVProgressive, Edouard.

Edited by Rezi
  • Thanks 1

1. Wiw's reckless remarks about doomsday scenarios and lack of an actual agenda make victory a far cry.
  2. #SaveTheWorld (2, 4)
  3. "International Incident! US cancel alliance with UK over espionage furor!"
    "Global temperature rises! Icecaps melt. Severe drought."
  4. Will work with any Green candidate. Just not sure they'll work with me...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1.Can progressive Senator Bojovic from Vermont win or will he fall short like his mentor and rolemodel Sen.Sanders?

2.Progressive America(Primaries 3,General 5)

3.Dont really have any good ideas at the moment.

31 minutes ago, Timur said:

Democrats

Joe Biden

Bernie Sanders(if it is allowed for VP to be from state in this scenario,if not ignore)

Elizabeth Warren

Pete Buttigieg

SunnymentoAddict

Rezi

Sean F Kennedy

Mr. PotatoTed

VcCzar

The Blood

Hestia

Silent Liberty

WV Progressive

LizPhairPhreak

Cal

Edouard

TheMiddlePolitical

Ken Salazar

Xavier Becerra

Kyrsten Sinema

• Like 1

Just now, Rodja said:

@TimurI am not listed as a potential VP.

Oops, I fixed it. Sorry.

Edited by Timur

Sen. Ackermann is a staunch conservative, who is often regarded as the conservative conscience of his party. Can he win the Presidency?

Ackermann for President

Ackermann shines at state fair (+1 Momentum)

4) Also, which candidates would you be open to have as your VP? Bold all those you want as your VP? (Note: I used your forum usernames here for convenience) (If you are Democrat you bold only among Democrats, Republican among Republicans, etc.) (Also, no need to bold yourself)

Donald Trump

Bill Weld

Joe Walsh

Mark Sanford

BeetleJuice

Conservative Elector2

Pringles

Timur

Populist86

Dobs

vjw

jvikings1

Dakota Hale

Michele Bachmann

Mike Lee

Jeff Sessions

Newt Gingrich

Marsha Blackburn

Rick Scott

Mary Fallin

Deb Fischer

Shelley Moore Capito

Jan Brewer

Richard Burr

• Thanks 1

1) The first Slavic-American Senator from South Carolina, with an accent even more Southern than most Southerners makes a bid for the Presidency. A self proclaimed Moderate Conservative, is beloved by his state for his undying loyalty to their key issues. In Washington, he's nothing more than a tried and true wheeler and dealer in the mold of Donald Rumsfeld. Can he bring that mentality to the Presidency?

2) Haliburton and Big Oil PAC. (3,5)

3) Dick Cheney Whips more Big Oil to Prongles campaign!

+1 momentum

4) 

Donald Trump

Bill Weld

Joe Walsh

Mark Sanford

BeetleJuice

Conservative Elector2

Pringles

Timur

Populist86

Dobs

vjw

jvikings1

Dakota Hale

Michele Bachmann

Mike Lee

Jeff Sessions

Newt Gingrich

Marsha Blackburn

Rick Scott

Mary Fallin

Deb Fischer

Shelley Moore Capito

Jan Brewer

Richard Burr

Edited by Pringles
  • Thanks 1

Something tells me that @Timurhas issues to know where chad centrist @Kittenstands in terms of political affiliation 😄 

1) A description of yourself (for the blurbs) : Like 25% of New Hampshire residents, Edouard has direct ancestors from Quebec. He is pro business and moderate democratic senator in terms of Foreign Policy and favors moderate economic policies as his state of New Hampshire mainly benefits from tourism and free movement. He is a tough defensor of civil rights on the other hand and is almost leaning libertarian on those issues which is something that his state agrees to aswell. On some specific issues such as Student debt and Education, he does belong to the progressive side of the Democratic party. However, on some key issues such as economic reform or foreign policy, he is the kind of senator who can be part of a bipartisan initiative in Congress. In the end, Edouard remains part of the moderates inside the democratic party.

Senate Majority PAC (Grand Total Spent on 2020 Federal Elections: $230,406,668)

American Bridge 21st Century 4 (Grand Total Spent on 2020 Federal Elections: $59,700,000)

Independence USA PAC (Grand Total Spent on 2020 Federal Elections: $56,530,000)

Unite the Country (Grand Total Spent on 2020 Federal Elections: $38,923,591)

Endorsed by The Lincoln Project which can back Ed from times to times

-Midterms elections (with a fancy map it could give a good scenario and involve players of the forum)

-Fictionnal society debate (which could end up in vote in the forum Congress) with activists everywhere around

Democrats

Scenario 1 : If I want a safe crop farmer who delivers Iowa  If I need a mainstream acceptable Vice President 

Hestia : Close of my own views just a bit more center-left, credible VP in a scenario where the US would shift right-wing and would be scared of radicalism plus he can paint in blue purple farms and switch swing states like his own

Silent Liberty : Close of the same reason, moderate guy who would fit perfectly in a Bill-Clinton like presidency

Pete Buttigieg : Potentially for the historic boost behind

Maybe

Kyrsten Sinema : She has interesting positions but divides way too much

Scenario 2 : If I am more interested into the rust belt and workers (both are progressive but more workers like)

Rezi : If I want the progressive NY mafia and workers !

Sean F Kennedy : For Ohio and because I also like him

Scenario 3 : If I need to get out the youths and pull out a very progressive alternative

Rodja : If I want to get millenials down the ballot

The Blood : Same motive than for Rodja

WV Progressive : Same reason

Bernie Sanders : If I want to get the endorsement of Ben and Jerry

Scenario 4 : If I want Beto O Rourke a potential Texas/Virginia boost in an election which needs it

VcCzar : Articulate coherent intelligent professor who could be an efficient VP despite having quite ideological differences (from my record he is liberal so neither progressive nor moderate but in between) which is still a good choice.

Cal : Can deliver Virginia while being an interesting pick, also part of the liberal coalition but kind of pro business and moderate dem on foreign policy while big liberal on civil rights but HE HATES WALL STREET.

Need more infos prior to know yes/no/which category

TheMiddlePolitical

Mr. PotatoTed

SunnymentoAddict

Nope

Joe Biden : Too old Joe

Elizabeth Warren : I prefer watching her in Harvard

LizPhairPhreak : I don't know enough

Ken Salazar

Xavier Becerra 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Edouard said:

Something tells me that @Timurhas issues to know where chad centrist @Kittenstands in terms of political affiliation 😄 

1) A description of yourself (for the blurbs) : Like 25% of New Hampshire residents, Edouard has direct ancestors from Quebec. He is pro business and moderate democratic senator in terms of Foreign Policy and favors moderate economic policies as his state of New Hampshire mainly benefits from tourism and free movement. He is a tough defensor of civil rights on the other hand and is almost leaning libertarian on those issues which is something that his state agrees to aswell. On some specific issues such as Student debt and Education, he does belong to the progressive side of the Democratic party. However, on some key issues such as economic reform or foreign policy, he is the kind of senator who can be part of a bipartisan initiative in Congress. In the end, Edouard remains part of the moderates inside the democratic party.

American Bridge 21st Century 4 (Grand Total Spent on 2020 Federal Elections: $59,700,000)

-Midterms elections (with a fancy map it could give a good scenario and involve players of the forum)

-Fictionnal society debate (which could end up in vote in the forum Congress) with activists everywhere around

Democrats

Scenario 1 : If I want a safe crop farmer who delivers Iowa  If I need a mainstream acceptable Vice President 

Hestia : Close of my own views just a bit more center-left, credible VP in a scenario where the US would shift right-wing and would be scared of radicalism plus he can paint in blue purple farms and switch swing states like his own

Silent Liberty : Close of the same reason, moderate guy who would fit perfectly in a Bill-Clinton like presidency

Maybe

Scenario 2 : If I am more interested into the rust belt and workers (both are progressive but more workers like)

Scenario 3 : If I need to get out the youths and pull out a very progressive alternative

Scenario 4 : If I want Beto O Rourke a potential Texas/Virginia boost in an election which needs it

VcCzar : Articulate coherent intelligent professor who could be an efficient VP despite having quite ideological differences (from my record he is liberal so neither progressive nor moderate but in between) which is still a good choice.

Cal : Can deliver Virginia while being an interesting pick, also part of the liberal coalition but kind of pro business and moderate dem on foreign policy while big liberal on civil rights but HE HATES WALL STREET.

TheMiddlePolitical

Mr. PotatoTed

SunnymentoAddict

Nope

Ken Salazar

Xavier Becerra 

@Kitten will be an Independent. I hope he gives a VP & the VP's attributes.

1 hour ago, Edouard said:

Democrats

Maybe

TheMiddlePolitical

Mr. PotatoTed

SunnymentoAddict

Nope

Ken Salazar

Xavier Becerra 

When you give the SuperPacs, please give only one. It isn't the number of dollars, but the strength I want. Thanks!

An example

Superpac.JPG

• Agree 1

1) A description of yourself (for the blurbs) - Prof. Jonathan Emerson is a Harvard professor and humanist philosopher. He has written several New York Times best sellers and is regularly interviewed in the media. He is the author of the book, =Towards a Pragmatic Progressive America=, which has recently won the Pulitzer Prize. He speaks 18 languages. 

2) The name of your Super Pacs (and their power on a 1-5 scale). Humanist USA

3) Any "events" you would like to suggest? Don't have time. 

4) Also, which candidates would you be open to have as your VP? Bold all those you want as your VP? (Note: I used your forum usernames here for convenience) (If you are Democrat you bold only among Democrats, Republican among Republicans, etc.) (Also, no need to bold yourself) I'll accept any Democrat, Green, or left wing Independent as a VP

• Thanks 1

1. James Richards is a former Ironworkers Unionist representative and now a state Senator, he has broad progressive positions but has gained support from many rural voters who would usually vote Republican. Can this benefit him in the election as rural voters bolt from Democrats?

2. Red White and Blue PAC

3. Richards goes to car show, convinces registered Republicans of supporting progressive policies.

4. Bernie Sanders

Elizabeth Warren

SunnymentoAddict

Rodja

Rezi

Mr. PotatoTed

VcCzar

The Blood

Hestia

Silent Liberty

WV Progressive

LizPhairPhreak

Cal

Edouard

TheMiddlePolitical

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Timur said:

Democrats

Joe Biden

Bernie Sanders

Elizabeth Warren

Pete Buttigieg

SunnymentoAddict

Rodja

Rezi

Sean F Kennedy

Mr. PotatoTed

VcCzar

The Blood

Hestia

Silent Liberty

WV Progressive

LizPhairPhreak

Cal

Edouard

TheMiddlePolitical

Ken Salazar

Xavier Becerra

Kyrsten Sinema

1) Joshua Heseltine is a Senator from Iowa after growing up on a farm in the western area of the state. He has served for two terms before seeking the presidency.

2) Growing USA (3-4)

3) Forum meetup goes wrong! People vow to campaign against one another after a debate in General!

4) Above

• Thanks 1

Can an attorney general from Virginia make it in national politics? 

2) Trail Ahead USA (4)
Virginia Attorneys Association (2)
Perry for America (3)

Governor Terry McAuliffe forgets who served as his Attorney General on debate stage! (Perry - neutral momentum)

Democrats

Joe Biden

Bernie Sanders

Elizabeth Warren

Pete Buttigieg

SunnymentoAddict

Rodja

Rezi

Sean F Kennedy

Mr. PotatoTed

VcCzar

The Blood

Hestia

Silent Liberty

WV Progressive

LizPhairPhreak

Cal

Edouard

TheMiddlePolitical

Ken Salazar

Xavier Becerra

Kyrsten Sinema

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Pringles said:

1) The first Slavic-American Senator from South Carolina, with an accent even more Southern than most Southerners makes a bid for the Presidency. A self proclaimed Moderate Conservative, is beloved by his state for his undying loyalty to their key issues. In Washington, he's nothing more than a tried and true wheeler and dealer in the mold of Donald Rumsfeld. Can he bring that mentality to the Presidency?

2) Haliburton and Big Oil PAC. (3,5)

3) Dick Cheney Whips more Big Oil to Prongles campaign!

+1 momentum

4) 

Donald Trump

Bill Weld

Joe Walsh

Mark Sanford

BeetleJuice

Conservative Elector2

Pringles

Timur

Populist86

Dobs

vjw

jvikings1

Dakota Hale

Michele Bachmann

Mike Lee

Jeff Sessions

Newt Gingrich

Marsha Blackburn

Rick Scott

Mary Fallin

Deb Fischer

Shelley Moore Capito

Jan Brewer

Richard Burr

OOC: Surprising of you to include Mike Lee in your potential VP list (especially with some of the others left out)

On 8/16/2021 at 2:35 AM, Timur said:

@Beetlejuice@ConservativeElector2@Pringles @Dobs@DakotaHale@jvikings1@Rodja@Rezi@Sean F Kennedy@MrPotatoTed@vcczar@The Blood@Hestia@SilentLiberty@WVProgressive@Kitten@Cal@Edouard@themiddlepolitical@Zenobiyl@Wiw@Cenzonico@jnewt

Democrats

Joe Biden

Bernie Sanders

Elizabeth Warren

Pete Buttigieg

SunnymentoAddict

Rodja

Rezi

Sean F Kennedy

Mr. PotatoTed

VcCzar

The Blood

Hestia

Silent Liberty

WV Progressive

LizPhairPhreak

Cal

Edouard

TheMiddlePolitical

Ken Salazar

Xavier Becerra

Kyrsten Sinema

Republicans

Donald Trump

Bill Weld

Joe Walsh

Mark Sanford

BeetleJuice

Conservative Elector2

Pringles

Timur

Populist86

Dobs

vjw

jvikings1

Dakota Hale

Michele Bachmann

Mike Lee

Jeff Sessions

Newt Gingrich

Marsha Blackburn

Rick Scott

Mary Fallin

Deb Fischer

Shelley Moore Capito

Jan Brewer

Richard Burr

Libertarians

Lincoln Chafee

Adam Kokesh

John McAfee

Arvin Vohra

Vermin Supreme

Austin Petersen

Justin Amash

Silent Liberty

Cenzonico

Greens

Ian Schlakaman

Jill Stein

Ajamu Baraka

Howie Hawkins

Jesse Ventura

Wiw

5) If you are an independent, who would be your VP and what would their stats be?

1. Once considered a long shot, Senator Swanson shocked the political establishment by upsetting the establishment favorite to get elected to Congress. Can he beat the odds once again by winning the presidency as a new type of Republican?

2. Liberty for All Pac

3. "Senator Swanson tailgates with college students ahead of big football game."

Republicans

Mark Sanford

Conservative Elector2

Dakota Hale

Mike Lee

Marsha Blackburn

Libertarians

Austin Petersen

Edited by jvikings1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

OOC: Surprising of you to include Mike Lee in your potential VP list (especially with some of the others left out)

I made that last night really late so I was bolding from my phone. Kept it simple. A moderate real life example. A conservative real life example. And Dobs.

1) Mary Todd, a social activist, and best selling fiction author is now running for President. Can she bring her idea of a 'Moral Democracy' to bear on the national stage, or is she just a bridge too far out of the mainstream for America in 2020?

2) People Power USA (2,4)

3) "Mary Todd's newest book gets rave reviews" +2 momentum WVProgressive, alternatively, "Mary Todd's new book panned by critics!" -2 momentum for WVProgressive.

Democrats

Joe Biden

Bernie Sanders

Elizabeth Warren

Pete Buttigieg

SunnymentoAddict

Rodja

Rezi

Sean F Kennedy

Mr. PotatoTed

VcCzar

The Blood

Hestia

Silent Liberty

LizPhairPhreak

Cal

Edouard

TheMiddlePolitical

Ken Salazar

Xavier Becerra

Kyrsten Sinema

• Thanks 1

1) Can this progressive firebrand from Kansas make her way in national politics, shocking the political world and showing the power of America's mayors?

2) Unity Through Blood(2,4)

3) "Blood Cultists' canvassing event attracts unwanted Satanists."

4) 

Democrats

Joe Biden

Bernie Sanders

Elizabeth Warren

Pete Buttigieg

SunnymentoAddict

Rodja

Rezi

Sean F Kennedy

Mr. PotatoTed

VcCzar

The Blood

Hestia

Silent Liberty

WV Progressive

LizPhairPhreak

Cal

Edouard

TheMiddlePolitical

Ken Salazar

Xavier Becerra

Kyrsten Sinema

• Thanks 1

Even though I text with many of the players outside of this forum, it’s only about the games we play here and I don’t pay too much attention what they post outside the games...so I don’t really know who most of the people on this forum are or what they’re about.  I’ll recognize a name ive seen before, but won’t know off the top of my head what they’ve said before.  So all that is to say in most cases, not choosing you as my veep isn’t an intended slight for most of you.  I just don’t pay enough attention to remember which forum user you actually are.  Ha.

1) A description of yourself (for the blurbs): Gooooooood morning, America!  This former military radio DJ is here to kick ass and eat potatoes, and he’s all out of potatoes.  Calling himself a Dick Cheney Democrat, Mr PotatoTed is a pro-war, pro-lgbt, pro-fessional who loves candlelit beaches and romantic walks on his dinner.

2) The name of your Super Pacs (and their power on a 1-5 scale).  People For A Brighter Tomorrow, Today (3)

3) Any "events" you would like to suggest? NA

Democrats (I just deleted those I wouldn’t accept)

Joe Biden

Bernie Sanders

Elizabeth Warren

Pete Buttigieg

VcCzar (he’s way harder working than I am, I’d just let him run things)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1