The Political Lounge

AMPU Legislation for 2021 and Beyond

vcczar

I still need some help in coming up with legislation for Era of the Future. I've finally broken the genre of legislation into sub-genres. Think about what legislation we might see in the US that cover these areas:

• Agriculture
  • Anti-Corruption
  • Bailouts
  • Banking
  • Business & Labor
  • Civil Rights
  • Civil Service (Federal government agencies and offices)
  • Courts
  • Credit/debt
  • Crimes & Punishments
  • Currency
  • Diplomacy
  • Drugs (Includes Alcohol and Tobacco, but not pharmaceuticals)
  • Education
  • Elections
  • Environment
  • Expansion (adding/losing territory)
  • Guns
  • Healthcare
  • Immigration
  • Infrastructure
  • Investigations
  • Military
  • National Security
  • Procedure (basically, how governments or offices work)
  • Reconstruction (in the event of secession)
  • Regulations
  • Slavery
  • Space & Exploration
  • Taxation
  • Trade 
  • Warfare
  • Welfare

@MrPotatoTed @ConservativeElector2 @Hestia @Cal @Dobs @DakotaHale @Rezi @Rodja @WVProgressive @Sean F Kennedy @Zenobiyl

The robot stuff works nearly in every field.

• Agriculture (allow/ban sharecropping on other planets)
  • Banking (allow/ban robot employees)
  • Civil Service (allow/ban robot employees)
  • Courts (allow/ban robot justices)
  • Crimes & Punishments (allow/ban Robot juries, allow/ban permanent deactivation of flawed robots (Capital punishment for robots))
  • Currency (allow/ban crypto currencies)
  • Drugs (allow/ban Alcohol and Tobacco consumption on other planets)
  • Education (introduce education for humans to know how Robots work, how to communicate with them etc.)
  • Military (allow/ban Robot soldiers)
  • National Security (allow/ban Robot border guards)
  • Slavery (allow/ban Robot slavery)
  • Space & Exploration (allow/ban travelling to other planets; allow/ban planet factories)
  • Taxation (tax business firms when they're hiring more robot stuff than human stuff)
  • Trade (tarriffs on commerce with other planets; on robot (parts)
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Patine said:

If I may gently ask, how many planets within realistic colonization range where conditions are going to have sharecropping as a relevance do you think are out there? I think your thinking of Tatooine moisture farms under Hutt cartels... 😜

I spotted a Star Wars reference so I am happy.

I envisioned some sort of greenhouses built on planet surfaces to grow plants inside.

51 minutes ago, Patine said:

If I may gently ask, how many planets within realistic colonization range where conditions are going to have sharecropping as a relevance do you think are out there? I think your thinking of Tatooine moisture farms under Hutt cartels... 😜

Plus, to @vcczaret al, the futuristic, space colonization issues seem worded in name as though the U.S. would be alone with only self-determined issues in space colonization, and that other Earth nations settling and running colonies, big corporations and autonomous organizations running sovereign space colonization not beholden to any national governments, and, the greatest uncertainty and vagary of all, extraterrestrial life with significant technological advancement already of it's own, would be thickly in the mix. Just something to consider before the current seeming momentum gets firm traction and entrenched.

12 minutes ago, Patine said:

Greenhouses would be a likely scenario, but, by that level of technology and infrastructure, plus the way survival worked in those environments (science-fiction authors and speculative future analysts have considered this for decades), sharecropping likely wouldn't be an issue, due to high inefficiency and cost of such labour for minimized gains in such an environment. It would likely be mostly automation along with decently-payed employees (perhaps even with stakes in said colony) who wanted to be there doing that labour, as it's output and efficiency would be a matter of the colony's very survival.

Any planetary infrastructural-related legislation would likely be rare in a playthrough. I'll design it where in most cases we won't develop to that point. 

I'm also considering splitting Era of the Future so that it's more manageable with events and such. I'm most sure what would be after the Era of the Future. Maybe, Era of Post-Human or Era of the Universe or something like that. All the names sound stupid. Let me know if you can thinking of an Era that would focus half the time off Earth.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 11:38 AM, ConservativeElector2 said:

The robot stuff works nearly in every field.

• Agriculture (allow/ban sharecropping on other planets)
  • Banking (allow/ban robot employees)
  • Civil Service (allow/ban robot employees)
  • Courts (allow/ban robot justices)
  • Crimes & Punishments (allow/ban Robot juries, allow/ban permanent deactivation of flawed robots (Capital punishment for robots))
  • Currency (allow/ban crypto currencies)
  • Drugs (allow/ban Alcohol and Tobacco consumption on other planets)
  • Education (introduce education for humans to know how Robots work, how to communicate with them etc.)
  • Military (allow/ban Robot soldiers)
  • National Security (allow/ban Robot border guards)
  • Slavery (allow/ban Robot slavery)
  • Space & Exploration (allow/ban travelling to other planets; allow/ban planet factories)
  • Taxation (tax business firms when they're hiring more robot stuff than human stuff)
  • Trade (tarriffs on commerce with other planets; on robot (parts)

Thanks I added most of these.