The Political Lounge

Warnings

Eugene

On 8/24/2021 at 12:51 AM, Eugene said:

I think that it should be set so users are notified when they receive a warning from a moderator, because I just discovered that I’ve had two of them since for almost a month now without knowing about it

@Dobs I've never given a warning before so I don't know but isn't it the norm for a moderator to attach a message to each warning given?

14 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

@Dobs I've never given a warning before so I don't know but isn't it the norm for a moderator to attach a message to each warning given?

That is correct. However, I’m not sure if such a message populates as a notification. I tend to be the executioner of the group (ie the issuer of warnings) and I always attach a message. Given I’ve never received one I’m shocked if they don’t give the Warned a notification. If this is the case though, we can begin to send courtesy messages informing folks of the warning and attached message. That should be available on the profile in the reputation section iirc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dobs said:

That is correct. However, I’m not sure if such a message populates as a notification. I tend to be the executioner of the group (ie the issuer of warnings) and I always attach a message. Given I’ve never received one I’m shocked if they don’t give the Warned a notification. If this is the case though, we can begin to send courtesy messages informing folks of the warning and attached message. That should be available on the profile in the reputation section iirc.

As someone who received one on 270soft,  I receieved a message and notification.

19 hours ago, DakotaHale said:

19 hours ago, Dobs said:

17 hours ago, Hestia said:

As someone who received one on 270soft,  I receieved a message and notification.

A message did come with the warning, but I didn’t receive a notification for either of them.