The Political Lounge

Welcome To The Future! A Hands-Off All-CPU Playthrough 2022 - 2072

12 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Yep, I'll send the list of contributions to @vcczar for his consideration.  The hard work of research/data entry is done, including bios and wiki links, so hopefully he can tell at a glance whether he wants to keep someone in the main game without too much effort on his end.

Don't send it to me until I basically mention that my "to do" list is almost done. I pretty much have a mini-stroke (figuratively speaking) every time I get more work thrust upon me when I'm already swamped.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

I know this is piling extra work on your plate, but could you perhaps, once the draft is complete, say which factions took us playesters/helpers/etc?

Possibly -- main challenge is that I don't know people's real names.

If somebody wants to say their real name on here, I can tell them which faction they're in (assuming they're in my playtest at all -- I used the playtesters and donors that Vcczar had already input the data for, but there were names that didn't have data yet so I didn't use those half-finished people for my playthrough.)

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I know this is piling extra work on your plate, but could you perhaps, once the draft is complete, say which factions took us playesters/helpers/etc?

Yea can do, with Ted's conditional for real names lols.

Edited by Arkansas Progressive
  • Like 1

Just now, MrPotatoTed said:

You're in the JVikingCPU faction, with Donald Trump, Donald Jr, Mitch McConnell, Mike Huckabee, Dan Crenshaw, and my brother-in-law. Haha.

Id be more than happy to help with the draft but I don't have the rules so rip

4 minutes ago, Willthescout7 said:

Will Outzen, should be a red from MO.

A fellow William ew lol

• Haha 1

Just realized I accidentally talked about this in the 2020 election thread instead of this thread.  But I need to redo the drafts -- lots of issues that I listed in the other thread, but generally some of the added statesmen were too overpowered, CPU draft rules needed improved, and factions needed to be trimmed to two draft-eligible ideologies as three ideologies was too broad and was causing bizarre teammates. Haha.

I've fixed all of that now, including the new draft CPU rules

• For starting drafts for post-1772 scenarios, CPU will draft the highest eligible sitting politician 50% of the time, in the following order: President, VP, Senators, Governors, Representatives, Cabinet members

• 50% of the time, the CPU will draft the politician with the highest draft value (randomize if tied).  

• 25% of the time, the CPU will draft the politician with the highest draft value who has kingmaker

• 10% of the time, the CPU will draft the highest available politician from a state where he already has a Kingmaker, if possible. 

• 5% of the time, the CPU will draft the politician with the highest draft value who has leadership

• 5% of the time, the CPU will draft the politician with the highest draft value who has charisma

• 5% of the time, the CPU will draft the politician with the highest draft value who has efficient

• The computer will always draft politicians that match their ideology cards.

• Starting in the fourth round, the CPU will draft eligible dynasty members of politicians they already have in their faction.

• Like 1

Redoing red draft now that I've fixed all the issues we discovered.

RED 1: RW Populist/Traditionalist CALCPU
RED 2: Traditionalist/Conservative DAKOTACPUA
RED 3: Traditionalist/Conservative ARKANSASCPU
RED 4: Conservative/Modern CONSERVCPU
RED 5: Conservative/Modern JVIKINGCPU

First ten draft picks:

CalCPU: (RW Populists and Traditionalists)
- TX Senator Ted Cruz
- AR Senator Tom Cotton
- NE Senator Ben Sasse
- TX Rep Dan Crenshaw
- OK Senator Jim Inhofe
- FL Governor Ron DeSantis
- AL Senator Richard Shelby
- Former Senator Jim DeMint
- Former President & current Party Leader Donald Trump
- Donald Trump Jr.

DakotaCPU (Traditionalists and Conservatives)
- Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell
- OH Senator Rob Portman
- Former Secretary (and Mitch's wife) Elaine Chao
- Former Senator Mike Johanns
- TN Senator Marsha Blackburn
- Former Governor Mike Huckabee
- ND Senator John Hoeven
- NC Senator Thom Tillis
- Former Governor Bobby Jindal
- ND Senator Kevin Cramer

ArkansasCPU (Traditionalists and Conservatives)
- SC Senator Lindsey Graham
- Kingmaker Karl Rove
- Former Senator Sam Brownback
- Former Secretary Rick Perry
- Former President George W. Bush
- Former Governor JEB! Bush
- ID Senator Jim Risch
- FL Senator Rick Scott
- Former Rep Trey Gowdy
- Former Attorney General William  Barr

ConserveCPU (Conservatives and Moderates)
- UT Senator Mitt Romney
- VT Gov Phil Scott
- KS Senator Jerry Moran
- MA Gov Charlie Baker
- SD Senator John Thune
- Former CIA Director David Petraeus
- Former Governor Mark Sanford
- AK Senator Dan Sullivan
- Former Sec of State Mike Pompeo
- Former Senator Rick Santorum

JVikingsCPU (Conservatives and Moderates)
- FL Senator Marco Rubio
- SC Senator Tim Scott
- Former Ambassador Nikki Haley
- Kingmaker Ed Gillepsie
- Former Governor Jon Huntsman
- Former Governor Chris Christie
- TX Senator John Cornyn
- Former Governor Scott Walker
- Former Governor John Kasich
- Former Governor Jim Gilmore

• Like 1

Red draft is complete!

Here's top ten for the Blue Team.

HestiaCPU (LW Pop & Prog)
- VT Senator Bernie Sanders
- OR Senator Jeff Merkley
- HI Senator Brian Schatz
- CA Gov Gavin Newsom
- NY Rep Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Former Senator Russ Feingold
- CA Rep Barbara Lee
- Former Rep Alan Grayson
- Rep Ayanna Pressley
- Former Rep & Sec of Labor Hilda Solis

ReziCPU (Prog & Lib)
- President Joe Biden
- WA Gov Jay Inslee
- Math nerd Andrew Yang
- OH Senator Sherrod Brown
- Former Sec of Commerce/Ambassador/Gov Gary Locke
- Former Gov Andrew Cuomo
- Political advocate and media personality Jon Stewart
- Former Senator Tom Udall
- MD Senator Chris Van Hollen
- Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin

10CentCPU (Prog & Lib)
- MA Senator Elizabeth Warren
- VP Kamala Harris
- VA Senator Tim Kaine
- Kingmaker SC Rep Jim Clyburn
- MA Senator Ed Markey
- NV Senator Jacky Rosen
- CO Gov Jared Polis
- NJ Senator Cory Booker
- Former Senator Al Franken
- CA Rep. Adam Schiff

WVPCPU (Lib & Mod)
- Kingmaker Stacy Abrams
- Speaker Nancy Pelosi
- Kingmaker Hillary Clinton
- VA Senator Mark Warner
- DE Senator Tom Carper
- NH Senator Jeanne Shaheen
- Former Senator Evan Bayh
- PA Senator Bob Casey Jr
- IL Senator Tammy Duckworth
- RI Senator Jack Reed

TMPCPU (Lib & Mod)
- Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg
- Senate Maj Leader Chuck Schumer
- MT Senator Jon Tester
- MN Senator Amy Klobuchar
- CO Senator John Hickenlooper
- NH Senator Maggie Hassan
- DE Gov John Carney
- AZ Senator Krysten Sinema
- MI Senator Debbie Stabenow
 - WA Senator Maria Cantwell

• Like 3

The drafts (using the new rules to create better, more cohesive factions) are complete!

And now it's time for the calculating of the cards:

I've included the top three most notable draft picks for each faction, as a frame of reference.  These are not necessarily the faction leaders yet, that will be calculated after the cards are assigned.

HestiaCPU: (Bernie, AOC, The Squad): LW Populists, Progressives -- Civil Rights, Pacifists, LW Activists, Reformists -- Environmentalists, Welfare

ReziCPU: (Biden, Inslee, Yang): Progressives, Liberals -- Civil Rights, LW Activists, Reformists -- Public Healthcare, Public Housing, Human Rights, Labor Unions

10CentCPU: (Warren, VP Harris, Booker): Liberals -- Pacifists -- Public Education, Environmentalists

WVPCPU: (Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, Stacey Abrams): Moderates -- Civil Rights -- Military Industrial Complex

TMPCPU: (Buttigieg, Klobuchar, Schumer): Moderates -- Civil Rights -- Wall Street, Environmentalists, Big Pharma

------------------

CalCPU: (Trump, DeSantis, Cruz): RW Populists, Traditionalists -- Nationalists, Pacifists, Theocrats, RW Activists, Isolationists, RW Media

ArkansasCPU: (Graham, Perry, McCarthy): Traditionalists, Conservatives -- Nationalists, RW Activists -- Big Corporations, Wall Street, Big Oil & Gas

DakotaCPU: (McConnell, Portman, Huckabee): Conservatives -- Theocrats -- Big Agriculture, Big Corporations, Free Trade

ConserveCPU: (Romney, JEB!, Charlie Baker): Moderate -- Expansionists -- Private Education, Big Oil & Gas, Globalists, Law & Order, Technology, Transportation

JVikingCPU: (Rubio, Tim Scott, Liz Cheney): Moderate -- Expansionists, Big Oil & Gas, Military Industrial Complex

• Like 3

I've selected our human players!  @Arkansas Progressive and @10centjimmy will each be taking on one of the opposing-party factions, with four CPU teammates each.  Several others helped contribute to getting the playtest ready and I appreciate everyone's contributions -- but these two took on the especially tedious items that will have the biggest long term impact on our game.  

They have selected their factions, and then their faction leaders from the eligible members of their team. 

Also, because CPU teams were already named after them, and they chose different teams, I have to swap team names a bit.  For easiness in my head, I'm going to name the CPU teams after their faction leaders.  They will retain these names even as faction leaders change.

FACTION LEADERS IN PARENTHESES:

@Arkansas Progressive: (Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders)LW Populists, Progressives -- Civil Rights, Pacifists, LW Activists, Reformists -- Environmentalists, Welfare

BidenCPU: (President Joe Biden) Progressives, Liberals -- Civil Rights, LW Activists, Reformists -- Public Healthcare, Public Housing, Human Rights, Labor Unions

HarrisCPU: (Vice President Kamala Harris) Liberals -- Pacifists -- Public Education, Environmentalists

WarnerCPU: (VA Senator Mark Warner) Moderates -- Civil Rights -- Military Industrial Complex.  This is an interesting one -- this faction has several notable names, including Nancy Pelosi, Stacey Abrams, Beto O'Rourke, Hillary Clinton...but none of them are Moderates.  So we end up Warner as leader.

ButtigiegCPU: (Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg) Moderates -- Civil Rights -- Wall Street, Environmentalists, Big Pharma

------------------

TrumpCPU: (Former President Donald Trump) RW Populists, Traditionalists -- Nationalists, Pacifists, Theocrats, RW Activists -- Isolationists, RW Media 

PenceCPU: (Former Vice President Mike Pence) Traditionalists, Conservatives -- Nationalists, RW Activists -- Big Corporations, Wall Street, Big Oil & Gas

McConnellCPU: (Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell)  Conservatives -- Theocrats -- Big Agriculture, Big Corporations, Free Trade

@10centjimmy: (Former Florida Governor and Applause Enthusiast JEB! Bush) Moderate -- Expansionists -- Private Education, Big Oil & Gas, Globalists, Law & Order, Technology, Transportation

RubiCPU: (Florida Senator Marco Rubio) Moderate -- Expansionists, Big Oil & Gas, Military Industrial Complex

• Like 3

Just for funsies, I decided to roll for retirements/deaths, and random/scripted events.  These are not official, as the game hasn't started yet.  Just exploring things while Vcczar is updating legislative stuff prior to our playthrough.

TRUMPCPU
- AL Senator Richard Shelby retires, 88 years old, allegedly pressured out. (would need a new AL Senator)
- TX Lt. Gov Dan Patrick retires, 72, due to personal health.
- Former VA Senator Jim DeMint dies, 71, due to addiction.

MCCONNELLCPU
- Former ID Gov and Sec of Interior Dick Hempthorne retires, 71, for a private sector job.
- Former TN Senator Bill Frist retires, 70, to become a lobbyist.
- Senate Minority Leader & Faction Leader Mitch McConnell dies, 80, from unknown causes. (Would need a new KY Senator, Senate Minority Leader, & eventually faction leader)

PENCECPU
- KY Rep Hal Rogers retires, 85.  to allow next generation to lead (would need a new KY Rep)
- Former Sec of Health and Human Services Mike Leavitt, 71, retires, to allow next generation to lead
- Former NJ Gov candidate Jack Ciatterelli dies, 71, cancer.

10CentJimmy
- Short-lived former White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci retires, 58, for family reasons
- Former Secretary of Health and Human Services Tom Price, 68, dies of pneumonia

RUBIOCPU
- Former NE candidate for Senator Don Stenberg retires, 73, to become a lobbyist
- Former VA Governor Jim Gilmore retires, 72, because he's satisfied with his work and wants to do other things
- Former Chief of Staff of the Air Force T Michael Moseley dies, 73, deadly accident.

----------------------------------------------------------------
ArkansasProgressive
- TX Rep Al Green retires, 75, disillusioned with politics (would need a new TX Rep)
- AZ Rep Raul Grijalva retires, 74, to become a University President (would need a new AZ Rep)
- IL Rep Jan Shakowsky dies, 78, from unknown causes (would need a new IL Rep)

BidenCPU
- OR Senator Ron Wyden retires, 73, for undefined reasons (would need a new OR Senator)
- Ted Kennedy's son Ted Kennedy Jr retires, 61, for family reasons
- Former Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke dies, 72, from a deadly accident

HarrisCPU
- House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn retires, 82, allegedly pressured out
- Former Senator Mary Landrieu retires, 69, satisfied with the work she's done and wants to try something else.
- Former President Jimmy Carter dies, 98, nervous system ailment

WarnerCPU
- Former Gov of Wyoming Dave Freudenthal retires, 72,for undefined reasons
- Former ND Rep Earl Pomeroy retires, 70, satisfied with the work he'd done and wanting to try something else
- Former IA Gov nominee Fred Hubbell dies, 71, from addiction

Buttigieg CPU
- Former Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius retires, 74, due to personal health
- Former First Lady Michelle Obama retires, 58, to allow new generation to enter politics
- Former WV Gov Bob Wise dies, 74, diabetes

• Like 1

Random events 2022-2024 (not official, just messing around for a bit)

Populist Movement:  In troubling times, chronically marginalized people or people armed to the teeth in nostalgia band together to create a louder voice.  The players with the LW and RW populist cards get +1 in the next election.

Sex Scandal: 
This is front page news, and it's the kind of front page news that often stays until someone resigns or loses an election. The scandal will linger, but it should go away after an election cycle.  Republican Missouri Senate candidate Eric Geitens gets Sex Scandal.

Return to Normalcy:  If there's one thing I'm gathering in the papers, it's that the people just want things back to normal as well as some calmness in politics. We have an opportunity here. Let's run our guys everywhere across the country.  +1 for Moderate factions

Major Diplomatic Conference:  You've been invited to a major diplomatic conference in Europe, which is hosting several world leaders to discuss important international issues. Considering the importance of the conference, you have to decide whether you should handle this important task or if a foreign policy expert, such as your Sec of State, should handle negotiations.

Major Economic Protests:  Regardless of the economic situation, some economic brackets and demographic groups live in a life of constant economic struggle. They're now organized and banding together and marching in our direction.   Populists +1 in elections

Major Shooting:  National media coverage is dominated by the latest major shooting, which saw scores of people killed. Gun control activists are becoming increasingly vocal, but they are matched with the equally large voices of 2nd Amendment supporters.

Presidential AilmentPresident Biden, we're so glad to see you alert again. You suffered a terrible fall. The physicians are still trying to determine the issue, but your recovery is likely to take a long time. We still support you, of course, but the vice president is willing to step in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Just for funsies, I decided to roll for retirements/deaths, and random/scripted events.  These are not official, as the game hasn't started yet.  Just exploring things while Vcczar is updating legislative stuff prior to our playthrough.

TRUMPCPU
- AL Senator Richard Shelby retires, 88 years old, allegedly pressured out. (would need a new AL Senator)
- TX Lt. Gov Dan Patrick retires, 72, due to personal health.
- Former VA Senator Jim DeMint dies, 71, due to addiction.

MCCONNELLCPU
- Former ID Gov and Sec of Interior Dick Hempthorne retires, 71, for a private sector job.
- Former TN Senator Bill Frist retires, 70, to become a lobbyist.
- Senate Minority Leader & Faction Leader Mitch McConnell dies, 80, from unknown causes. (Would need a new KY Senator, Senate Minority Leader, & eventually faction leader)

PENCECPU
- KY Rep Hal Rogers retires, 85.  to allow next generation to lead (would need a new KY Rep)
- Former Sec of Health and Human Services Mike Leavitt, 71, retires, to allow next generation to lead
- Former NJ Gov candidate Jack Ciatterelli dies, 71, cancer.

10CentJimmy
- Short-lived former White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci retires, 58, for family reasons
- Former Secretary of Health and Human Services Tom Price, 68, dies of pneumonia

RUBIOCPU
- Former NE candidate for Senator Don Stenberg retires, 73, to become a lobbyist
- Former VA Governor Jim Gilmore retires, 72, because he's satisfied with his work and wants to do other things
- Former Chief of Staff of the Air Force T Michael Moseley dies, 73, deadly accident.

----------------------------------------------------------------
ArkansasProgressive
- TX Rep Al Green retires, 75, disillusioned with politics (would need a new TX Rep)
- AZ Rep Raul Grijalva retires, 74, to become a University President (would need a new AZ Rep)
- IL Rep Jan Shakowsky dies, 78, from unknown causes (would need a new IL Rep)

BidenCPU
- OR Senator Ron Wyden retires, 73, for undefined reasons (would need a new OR Senator)
- Ted Kennedy's son Ted Kennedy Jr retires, 61, for family reasons
- Former Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke dies, 72, from a deadly accident

HarrisCPU
- House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn retires, 82, allegedly pressured out
- Former Senator Mary Landrieu retires, 69, satisfied with the work she's done and wants to try something else.
- Former President Jimmy Carter dies, 98, nervous system ailment

WarnerCPU
- Former Gov of Wyoming Dave Freudenthal retires, 72,for undefined reasons
- Former ND Rep Earl Pomeroy retires, 70, satisfied with the work he'd done and wanting to try something else
- Former IA Gov nominee Fred Hubbell dies, 71, from addiction

Buttigieg CPU
- Former Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius retires, 74, due to personal health
- Former First Lady Michelle Obama retires, 58, to allow new generation to enter politics
- Former WV Gov Bob Wise dies, 74, diabetes

Will these death/retirement reasons be in the game? They are fun haha. (I know events already have "plug politician name in here" 

• Like 1