vcczar

New Orleans Poll  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you been to New Orleans

• 3-5
    • 6-10
    • Over 10 times.
    • I've lived there as a permanent resident
  2. 2. Would you live in New Orleans permanently if you had a great job there?

3. 3. Have you ever lived in a coastal or near-coastal area that was hit by a major hurricane?

4. 4. Grand Isle, LA gets hit by a hurricane at least once every 3 years and a major hurricane once every 7 years. Would you live here for $1 million dollars annually, provided you were a permanent resident.

5. 5. If you've never been to New Orleans, would you want to visit?

6 hours ago, vcczar said:

Poll inspired by Hurricane Ida

Somewhere else in this forum, you said you used to live in Texas. Does that have anything to do with your frequent visits to New Orleans?

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

He didn't DECLARE any wars, he was a co-author and major endorser of many of the most treasonous acts and policies during the so-called, "War on Drugs," and, "War on Terror," from his senior position in the U.S. Senate.

War on Drugs merits life sentence?

Been there once January of this year. Absolutely great place to go during the colder months when it's not hot and muggy. Great vacation spot with some of the best food on the planet. I spent my entire time there wearing my seersucker suit, smoking cigars (they don't give a shit in the South, even in Bourbon Street) trying as many food places as I could (with my favorite being this small diner about 40 mins from NOLA). Surprisingly wasn't crowded, and I was there the day of the OSU-Clemson football game.

As for living there? I couldn't. I love the south but hate hot, muggy weather. It would have to pay really well. I would prefer Tennessee.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Patine said:

Your memory fails you in your haste to mock me, clumsily. I said I don't watch YouTube videos except for MUSIC VIDEOS. Your mockery attempt has botched, and the joke's on you! Next time, actually remember you're trying to mock, and you'll avoid looking like an embarrassing fool, like you just did here.

I think I’m gonna bust a gut.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

But, I'm not carrying on about this idiocy any longer. Just because YOU can't accept that your juvenile, childish attempt at humour bombed horribly, and that there's nothing for you to salvage, is no skin off my back. This ISN'T a middle school boys' locker room. Now, please, no one tag me about this lame issue any more.

pigeon-vibes.gif

• Based 2

Issue positions for a future satirical scenario

Why I Hate Emotes

FL: Emotes are a product of Capitalism. Ban them!

L: Emotes are sexist because they only show males. They're symbols of male dominance!

CL: Emotes need to be reviewed by the government before approval.

C Emotes are plain stupid.

CR: Emotes don't earn you any money. What's the use?

R: Emotes are a part of modern technology. We like traditional stuff better.

FR: Many emotes aren't white. This is proof that Social Media is biased against whites.

Why I Hate Youtube

FL: Youtube should be shut down. It is a Capitalist production by a evil corporation. Making videos to make money is a Capitalistic endeavour and must banned. Also, we would like to censor a lot of capitalist & religious stuff because we can't stand a different opinion

L: Youtube is dominated by young males. It is a product of Capitalism and Sexism. It gives a microphone to Racists, Sexists, etc. It should be censored through Hate Speech Laws.

CL Youtube comments are dominated by Far-Right extremists. The government must step in.

C I hate Youtube because my speaker doesn't work!

CR Youtube demonetized my videos! They never recommended mine in the first place!

R: Youtube has an anti-Conservative bias. They're censoring Conservative voices. They hate Trump so much!

FR: Youtube is biased against white people and is censoring patriotic voices. It's a NWO tool to bring us into an Orwellian state!

Edited by Timur
  • Haha 2
  • Based 1

14 hours ago, Patine said:

But, I'm not carrying on about this idiocy any longer. Just because YOU can't accept that your juvenile, childish attempt at humour bombed horribly, and that there's nothing for you to salvage, is no skin off my back. This ISN'T a middle school boys' locker room. Now, please, no one tag me about this lame issue any more.

For the record I didn't think he bombed horribly, I thought it was quite funny. So I mean there's that. Some of the audience might not think it was funny but that doesn't mean it "bombed"

28 minutes ago, Patine said:

That's probably more of an excoriation of the crowd. Now, I think this has been dragged out long enough, wouldn't you agree?

That’s fine and I would agree. I would just end by noting that 95% of successful comedy is in fact knowing ones audience.

35 minutes ago, Patine said:

Still, I will finish by saying, the original error in your joke was very clumsy, and you only floated because three of the four, "audience members," had not even first logged in when the phrase I made to NYRepublican had first been posted. It was poorly done, and only the lack of personal knowledge of the reference by a majority of the, "audience," got you laughs, which most professional comedians consider poor form. With that constructive criticism on the technique of your humour, I now finish this ridiculous, waste-of-time-for-all issue.

Good one! I love your sarcasm. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Patine said:

@Hestia @Dobs @Pringles You're all going to have to on /ignore for the rest of the night. You're obviously not adult enough to drop the issue like I requested.

@Patine You walk into their traps all the time. Sometimes you set them yourself and you don't even realize it. Do you every wonder why this sort of thing only happens to you, except maybe for rare instances? Whether you intend to or not, you are inviting this sort of thing, especially the more irritated you become. They're feeding on the fact that you are so easily irritated and pedantic. Your best tactic is probably just to laugh it off until they stop. 

41 minutes ago, Patine said:

Still, I will finish by saying, the original error in your joke was very clumsy.

I’m sorry but it really wasn’t though. Sometimes you have to stretch the most strict interpretation of events for a joke. It got laughs from people who know your aversion to YouTube videos (yes I know music withstanding). That’s all there is to it, it’s not that deep, and there was no reason to go on the tirade you did attempting to attack me every which way until you landed a blow. Luckily, none of your personal insults pay me any mind for precisely the reason vcczar just elucidated.

7 minutes ago, Patine said:

Well, I think their primary schoolyard behaviour is being encouraged by never being chastized or called out by anyone but myself, or me for, "walking into it." I often the view of issues that come up are blatantly one-sided. But I refuse to be the martyr and beast-of-burden for everyone else's stupid and obtuse conduct, as well. I will try to take the higher ground, but keep in mind what I have just said, here.

I'd call them out on it if I felt like it wasn't partially earned. You're probably the #1 cause for over-heated, off-topic arguments. From 2012 to about 2015, I'd say this never happened. However, increasingly since 2015 or 2016, you've become routinely part of a forum fight. I know you don't think you are any part of the problem, but this is how I observe it. I'd say 8 of 10 fights has you part of it. 

11 minutes ago, Patine said:

It was, and so was my music video I posted when the Improv Flop and his Lamebrain Laugh Track Crew came up with an idiotic attempt at a, "joke," and derailed it. But's that over now, at least as far as I'm concerned.

You're so good at nicknames it almost makes me think you're literally Trump! 

• Based 1