The Political Lounge

Ranking the following parties: Sweden, South Korea, the UK, Northern Ireland, Canada, and North Korea

Timur

Sweden

Social Democrats

Moderate

Sweden Democrats

Centre

Left

Christian Democrats

Liberals

Green

South Korea

Democratic Party (& the Open Democratic Party)

People Power Party

People's Party

Justice Party

Progressive Party

National Revolutionary Dividends Party

UK

Conservative

Labour

Liberal Democrats

Reform

Green

SNP

Plaid Cymru

Northern Ireland

DUP

Sinn Fein

SDLP

UUP

Alliance

TUV

Aontu

People Before Profit

Green

Canada

Liberal

Conservative

Bloc Quebecois

NDP

Green

People's

Maverick

North Korea

Workers Party of Korea (part of Democratic Front for the Reunification of Korea)

Social Democratic Party (part of Democratic Front for the Reunification of Korea)

Chondoist Chongu Party  (part of Democratic Front for the Reunification of Korea)

General Association of Korean Residents in Japan  (part of Democratic Front for the Reunification of Korea)

Independents   (part of Democratic Front for the Reunification of Korea)

Escape the Country

Edited by Timur

• Timur changed the title to Ranking the following parties: Sweden, South Korea, the UK, Northern Ireland, Canada, and North Korea

Sweden

Christian Democrats

Moderate

Liberals

Centre and Sweden Democrats tied

Social Democrats

Green

Left

South Korea

Democratic and People Power tied

Justice Party

People's Party

Progressive Party

National Revolutionary Dividends

UK

Conservative

Labour

Reform

Liberal Democrats

SNP and Plaid Cymru tied

Green

Northern Ireland

DUP

TUV

SDLP

Aontu

Sinn Fein

UUP

Alliance

People Before Profit

Green

Canada

Conservative

Liberal and NDP tied

People's

Green

Bloc Quebecois

North Korea

Escape the Country

Everything else

Sweden

Moderates

Christian Democrats 

Sweden Democrats

Centre

Liberals

Social Democrats

Green

Left

South Korea (THANK YOU FOR THAT)

People Power Party

People's Party

Justice Party

Progressive Party

UK

Conservative

Reform

Liberal Democrats

Labour

Plaid Cymru

SNP

Green

Northern Ireland

UUP

TUV

DUP

Alliance

Aontu

SDLP

People before Profit

Green

Sinn Fein

Canada

Conservative

People's

NDP

Bloc Quebecois

Liberal

Green

North Korea

Escape the Country

Independents (part of Democratic Front for the Reunification of Korea)

General Association of Korean Residents in Japan (part of Democratic Front for the Reunification of Korea)

Chondoist Chongu Party (part of Democratic Front for the Reunification of Korea)

Social Democratic Party (part of Democratic Front for the Reunification of Korea)

Workers Party of Korea (part of Democratic Front for the Reunification of Korea)

30 minutes ago, Patine said:

I'd like to point out to @Timur and @ConservativeElector2, who both put the Conservative Party of Canada, on top, but maybe unaware of the ideological mess and joke the party has been become, even by the standards of, "mainstream conservative parties," around the world, that they don't even have much cred in, "conservative ideology," anymore. They have a thin glaze of it, but they mostly, especially since O'Toole took the helm, become a party of plutocratic ass-kissers and soulless sellouts to big business, reprising the bad attitudes of the Mulroney days, with views that will almost entirely only benefit the rich and foreign investors and trade partners above everyone else, and, as I said, a very weak, nominal, and thin glaze of social conservative, which is very flimsy, indeed. Just so you both know who you proudly put on top of your list, as you both may have been unaware of what the party has become, despite it's name and previous leadership and platforms.

The only reason you don't like Mulroney is because he was nice to Quebec. The whole typical plutocratic nonsense you speak of gets old. 

I'll agree that Scheer was not the best leader. In fact, he wasnt good at all. But even some of the liberals on this forum think O'toole is a decent guy. 

Ultimately I think this just boils down to your Quebec hate, and anger that Jagmeet only appeals to college kids with 200k in debt... oh wait...

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

THIS MUST STOP! This conduct is disgusting and completely inappropriate, and defending it and carrying on shows it obviously has deep roots in your psyche, who you are, how you conduct, and how you possibly deal with others you disagree with,

Nah, my current behavior is only reserved for you and Political Pundit. Anthony too. 😛 

Just now, Patine said:

You're comparing me to Political Pundit and Anthony Burgoyne, and then using that unwarranted insult to justify some sick and twisted validity to your vile and inappropriate behaviour and venomous and out-of-line lies? @vcczar and @Dobs I think you're misguided defense of this individual and his supposed and utter, "lack of any blame or guilt," in issues or flare-up's on this forum, and blaming it all on me, has just been proven FALSE!

The only end I'm owning up to is the fact that I can't seem to ignore you. No matter how hard I try. 😛 

1 minute ago, Patine said:

This chutzpah and digging your into the shit response is tempting to bite your head off over. But no. I'm going to put you on /ignore. Rather than making bricks of angry text that will give the illusion of me the being the sole troublemaker, and I'm going to let your cocky, arrogant slip show that, indeed, you have been VERY MUCH a part, and an active and willing, one, who conduct and underlying, "justification," are, in fact, FAR more reprehensible, and leave it at that, and see if the other on this forum who've defended your puerile conduct and lack of fault, will actually live up to their PR of ethics and higher ground and call you out, like they should have long ago. Good-bye, @Pringles - the REAL serpent in the garden of @DakotaHale's that almost everyone overlooked...

St. Patine the Archangel 

• Haha 1

Sweden

Christian Democrats

Moderate

Sweden Democrats

Centre

Liberals

Green

Left

South Korea

People Power Party

People's Party

Justice Party

Progressive Party

UK

Conservative

Reform

Liberal Democrats

Plaid Cymru

SNP

Labour

Green

Northern Ireland

DUP

TUV

UUP

Alliance

Aontu

Green

SDLP

Sinn Fein

People Before Profit

Canada

People's

Conservative

Bloc Quebecois

Liberal

NDP

Green

North Korea

Finish the Korean War.

• Based 1

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

No Maverick Party for the Canadian list? I'm surprised. And the Korean War was finished in 1953. The objectives for the UN Intervention Force was to preserve South Korean independence from North Korean invasion. Nothing more, officially. In fact, MacArthur was canned as the Commander in favour of Ridgeway for aggressively advocating massive mission creep against North Korea and China that likely would have provoked Stalin and started WW3. Even though no formal treaty was made, and the Inter-Korean border adjusted, the Korean War was finished by it's objectives. There's nothing more to, "finish," in that conflict, as such.

Maverick Party wasn't included but as you know I am partial to them.

Also the N Korea co,mment was more a joke about how enemiable the choices were and how there was technically never a treaty to finish the Korean War, only a ceasefire marking a pause of violent conflict.

On a more serious note I only rank parties in countries I know internal politics

UK

My historical favorite (but I may not vote for as of now) Liberal Democrats

Equally good to me (but less since 2010s) : Labour. However I would rather vote Labour since 2015 if I was a british.

Equally good SNP I would vote for them if I lived in Scotland.

Good as it stands post 2005 Conservative

Okay for the two next

Green

Plaid Cymru

I do not know the Reform party well.

Canada

My historical favorite Bloc Quebecois they have pretty much of liberal positions without their centralism

Liberal : I like everything they stand for EXCEPTED Canadian centralism, I find them too centralist however if the Bloc did not exist I could vote for them (or if I was a francophone outside of Quebec)

Conservative : I like their decentralism and quite like their economic reform but I do have strong disagreements on almost everything else, the party is more moderate these last years but there are strong social conservatives and it goes against my own values of freedom

NDP : I like their societal stances but they are economically too far to the left

Green : Almost same comment than for NDP

People's : Maxime Bernier has decided to become an anti-immigration conspiracy theorist leader, it's his choice

Edited by Edouard

1 hour ago, Patine said:

How do you feel about the Maverick Party, out of curiosity, which is trying to set itself up as the Right-Wing, Western Canadian analog to the Bloc (and seeks more success at that than the old WCC, WBC, and WIP, certainly).

Do you speak about the Western copy of the Bloc Québécois which has been created this election?

I do understand them

And I will surprise you even more !

I do understand that westerners can have the feeling to have been disavantaged by eastern Canada on some kind of economic policies and I do respect that as someone who does not like federal centralism.

Edited by Edouard

2 hours ago, Patine said:

No Maverick Party for the Canadian list? I'm surprised. And the Korean War was finished in 1953. The objectives for the UN Intervention Force was to preserve South Korean independence from North Korean invasion. Nothing more, officially. In fact, MacArthur was canned as the Commander in favour of Ridgeway for aggressively advocating massive mission creep against North Korea and China that likely would have provoked Stalin and started WW3. Even though no formal treaty was made, and the Inter-Korean border adjusted, the Korean War was finished by it's objectives. There's nothing more to, "finish," in that conflict, as such.

Well, Korean people (at least some of them) view that the Korea war isn't "finished." It's simply halted.

2 hours ago, Patine said:

A formal treaty, as opposed to a cease-fire, was never formally stated in the UN Intervention Force's objectives, either. That being said, I'm not even sure why @Timur included it, except as a gag. Also, I had just brought up to @Timur in a post right before yours the notable lack of the Maverick Party from his list (even they absolutely terrify me, in principle - my pedantry is not partisan), and given it's not a poll, it would be easy to add-in. 😉

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_2021_Canadian_federal_election

I didn't find any Maverick Party polling here.

On 9/5/2021 at 1:04 AM, Timur said:

Sweden

Social Democrats

Moderate

Sweden Democrats

Centre

Left

Christian Democrats

Liberals

Green

South Korea

People Power Party

People's Party

Justice Party

Progressive Party

UK

Conservative

Labour

Liberal Democrats

Reform

Green

SNP

Plaid Cymru

Northern Ireland

DUP

Sinn Fein

SDLP

UUP

Alliance

TUV

Aontu

People Before Profit

Green

Canada

Liberal

Conservative

Bloc Quebecois

NDP

Green

People's

North Korea

Workers Party of Korea (part of Democratic Front for the Reunification of Korea)

Chondoist Chongu Party  (part of Democratic Front for the Reunification of Korea)

General Association of Korean Residents in Japan  (part of Democratic Front for the Reunification of Korea)

Independents   (part of Democratic Front for the Reunification of Korea)

Escape the Country

Sweden:

Sweden Democrats

Moderate Party

Christian Democrats

Centre Party

Liberals

Social Democrats

Greens

Left

UK: 

Reform

Conservative

Liberal Democrats

SNP

Plaid Cymru

Green

Labor

Northern Ireland: 

DUP

TUV

UUP

Alliance

Aontu

Sinn Fein

SDLP

Greens

People Before Profit

Canada: 

People's

Conservative

Bloc Quebecois

NDP

Green

Liberal

North Korea:

Escape the country

Edited by jvikings1

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I'm actually surprised, also, that you didn't add the Maverick Party into the Canadian list, again despite @Timur's remiss at an incomplete list. Also, as for your ranking of the Greens and Liberals above the NDP (who are put last), I will say, that, among three parties you'd likely just as detestable in policy, Singh, the NDP leader, absolutely dwarfs Trudeau or Paul - or O'Toole, Bernier, or Blanchet, for that matter - in personal integrity as a party leader.

To be honest, I do not have a very good knowledge of Canadian politics besides knowing the Trudeau sucks.

• Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Patine said:

Well, I have given advice. I'd at least put Singh above Trudeau and Paul (the Green leader, not the Kentucky Senator) for integrity alone, given you'd find all three just as awful by your standards anyways, policywise, and Singh is at least a much more honourable and competent leader than Trudeau. This is advice from someone from Canada catered to your stated views on politics.

I’ll take your word for it

10 hours ago, Patine said:

I'm actually surprised, also, that you didn't add the Maverick Party into the Canadian list, again despite @Timur's remiss at an incomplete list. Also, as for your ranking of the Greens and Liberals above the NDP (who are put last), I will say, that, among three parties you'd likely just as detestable in policy, Singh, the NDP leader, absolutely dwarfs Trudeau or Paul - or O'Toole, Bernier, or Blanchet, for that matter - in personal integrity as a party leader.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Canadian_federal_election

Well, I'm sorry, I never heard of the Maverick Party till you mentioned them.

Edited by Timur

3 hours ago, Patine said:

Perhaps, "negligent," or, "inadvertent," would be better terms than remiss, than. With this, since I've at least brought it up with those made lists, would be so kind as to update your starting post, at least? It's not that like the party - I find them frightening - it's just that some predict a few upset seats in a few dusty rural constituencies, for them.

Might I intervene? Many of the parties that Timur mentioned are fairly established, the People's Party are fairly new of course but they've managed to make quite a splash on the national scene. The Maverick Party who you mention were only formed around nineteen months ago and have yet to make a big noise on the national scene so Timur can not be considered "negligent" for not including them. If you do have such major issues with the various polls and lists on the forum might I suggest that you make your own sometime? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Patine said:

Asking (and that's what it amounted to him in the end - no demand or imperative was made) him to make an adjustment in his opening post and add party (even if I used some, perhaps, and presumptuous and obtuse metaphors for his motives, I do admit, and that was my principal flaw, here) is a request completely out of line, is it? Only starting a completely new, and mostly redundant and parallel whole thread is at all appropriate, instead, is it?

Motherfucker why do you speak simlish

• Based 1

I'm simply saying that Timur started this thread as a question on political alignments rather than anything else and forgetting a party can be forgiven. By asking you to start your own thread I'm not saying a copy of this but rather your own take on the kind of questions that are usually asked, as I feel that could lead to comprehensive questions.

Sweden

Left

Social Democrats

Centre

Green

Liberals

Christian Democrats

Moderate

Sweden Democrats

South Korea

Justice Party

Progressive Party

People's Party

People Power Party

UK

Green

SNP

Plaid Cymru

Labour

Liberal Democrats

Conservative

Reform

Northern Ireland

People Before Profit

Sinn Fein

SDLP

Green

Alliance

Aontu

UUP

TUV

DUP

Canada

NDP

Green

Liberal

Bloc Quebecois

Conservative

Maverick

People's

Sweden

Truly don't know well enough

South Korea

Likewise

UK

SNP

Plaid Cymru

Liberal Democrats

Labour

Greens

Conservative

Reform

Northern Ireland

Alliance

SDLP

UUP

Sinn Fein

Green

People Before Profit

DUP

Aontu

TUV

Canada

Liberal

NDP

Green (though this election they would likely sink)

Bloc Quebecois

Conservative

People's

Edited by Hestia

10 minutes ago, Patine said:

Blanchet is melting down, putting his foot in his mouth in awful ways repeatedly, Trudeau is under attack by everyone else for even calling an unnecessary election when his Minority Government was actually functional and his trustworthiness is under assault, and O'Toole is showing the bland cliches of nothing of value to offer, policywise. This Federal Election debate is great, and a great day to be an NDP voter!

I don't think that's actually what's going on... lol 

10 minutes ago, Patine said:

I'm not sure what all the laughter and disagreement is for. I'll just chalk it up to a typical lack of full understanding of Canadian politics by most Americans, or the viewing of such politics through a strictly American lens and viewpoint. And that analysis, I fear, would be generous compared to what is likely the true motivation behind these emotes...

A good many of us watched the debates and don't agree with that conclusion. Singh and Trudeau were angry and snippy. O'Toole was at least calm. Blanchet was punchy and present. Paul was okay, but pretty monotone. 

• Agree 1