The Political Lounge

Your RTK Character

vcczar

Your RTK Character  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think would be your strongest trait if you lived in middle ages China? [I'm using the game's terms as the first word in each sentence]

• Leadership in commanding a large army
    • Strength in a personal duel against another dueling general
    • Intelligence in strategizing plots, primarily in warfare but also politically
    • Political skill in growing the economy, improving agriculture, and sustaining the cities and the state
    • Charisma in keeping loyalty, attracting new generals and politicians, and in diplomacy.
  2. 2. What is your weakest trait?

• Leadership in commanding a large army
    • Strength in a personal duel against another dueling general
    • Intelligence in strategizing plots, primarily in warfare but also politically
    • Political skill in growing the economy, improving agriculture, and sustaining the cities and the state
    • Charisma in keeping loyalty, attracting new generals and politicians, and in diplomacy.
  3. 3. Which is your closest personal doctrine?

• Administration focusing on logistical support and battle
    • Admin focused on battle and personnel
    • Admin focused on personnel and domestics
    • Admin focused on schemes and logistical support
    • Admin focused on schemes and domestics
  4. 4. Which best fits your personality?

• Brutish
    • Heroic
    • Brave
    • Dignified
    • Polite
    • Strategic
    • Crafty
    • Arrogant
    • Normal
  5. 5. When leading an army, which do you think you'd be best at?

• Fighting in field battles
    • Avoiding confrontational battles and relying on surprise attacks
    • Fighting in long-range attacks, such as with archers and catapults
    • Defensive fighter
    • Better at suppressing revolts than fighting in battles
    • Best fighting in hills and mountains
    • Better at maneuvering than actually fighting. I can get to a location quickly but will need to be supported or supporting someone else.
    • Better at sieging a city once the main army has already been destroyed
  6. 6. Just to help me add the other traits and personalities, which of the of the following best describes you?

• Lawful Good
    • Lawful Neutral
    • Lawful Evil
    • Neutral Good
    • True Neutral
    • Neutral Evil
    • Chaotic Good
    • Chaotic Neutral
    • Chaotic Evil
  7. 7. Which drives you most as a retainer for a Chinese warlord?

• Loyalty to the Han Empire, even if he is a puppet to a Prime Minister that I deem evil.
    • Loyalty to my warlord/ruler
    • Fame, where ever I best have a chance to rise through the ranks, provided my warlord is ambitious
    • Money, whomever offers the most money
    • Integrity, where ever I can serve under ruler that is pure of heart and has the best attentions for the Chinese people
    • Imperial, I'm eager to form my own nation and unify China for myself
  8. 8. Which is most appealing to you?

• Ruling as a warlord and hoping to unify China under your leadership
    • Serving as the chief minister for a warlord
    • Serving as the top field general for a warlord
    • Leading the training and or recruiting of troops
    • Serving as an overseer of a Chinese city or town (i.e. mayor/gov)
    • Serving as a diplomat to nations outside of China to facilitate trade or to secure alliances
    • Wherever I can avoid getting killed

I'm going to add forum members to the game Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV, a strategy war game set during the Chinese middle ages. 

I'll make the decision on some traits based off what I know of you through the forum. Too much stuff to type out, but I have added the most essential questions in the poll

@Beetlejuice @Cal @Cenzonico @ConservativeElector2 @DakotaHale @Dobs @Edouard @Fbarbarossa @Hestia @jnewt @jvikings1 @Kitten @Mark_W @MrPotatoTed @NYRepublican @Patine @pilight @Pringles @Rezi @Rodja @Sean F Kennedy @SilentLiberty @The Blood @themiddlepolitical @Timur @vcczar @Wiw @WVProgressive @Zenobiyl

8 minutes ago, Patine said:

I've never played Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV. I've read the book in my youth (along with other great works of Chinese fiction from before Western fiction, as a dedicated and recognized genre outside playwriting, was a thing, like Journey to the West and and the Painted Skin), I'm familiar with the general historical period in question from 189-280 AD (Gregorian Calendar, which obviously was not observed in China at that time) after the fall of the Han Dynasty in my studies of history, but the game itself, it's mechanics, and thus a lot of what your asking for information is arcane to me, I admit.

The poll doesn't require knowledge of the period. It's just which in each category seems most like you. You can even use a 21st century mindset. 

35 minutes ago, Hestia said:

I think @Pringles would enjoy as well

Yeah, and still need @Cal and @Patine to do this, or I'll create their characters for them. I'm undecided if I'll do a playthrough with me playing as a kingdom in which we are all part or if I'll have us be placed randomly in China to be discovered by the various warlords as they fight each other. Probably the later, but then could do the former at some point. 

In an older version of the game, I had created about 70 of my friends and it was fun when they'd oppose each other serving different warlords. The funniest was that I gave my gay friend Van this trait that's supposed to be for some of the women characters in the game. I think it's called "Seduce," if they use the trait some of the soldiers flee to her side. But I gave it to Van. He thought it was funny because it means he was converting all the gay soldiers to his army to create a large gay brigade. 

• Haha 1
  • Based 1

10 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Yeah, and still need @Cal and @Patine to do this, or I'll create their characters for them. I'm undecided if I'll do a playthrough with me playing as a kingdom in which we are all part or if I'll have us be placed randomly in China to be discovered by the various warlords as they fight each other. Probably the later, but then could do the former at some point. 

In an older version of the game, I had created about 70 of my friends and it was fun when they'd oppose each other serving different warlords. The funniest was that I gave my gay friend Van this trait that's supposed to be for some of the women characters in the game. I think it's called "Seduce," if they use the trait some of the soldiers flee to her side. But I gave it to Van. He thought it was funny because it means he was converting all the gay soldiers to his army to create a large gay brigade. 

I’ll do this soon! 

7 minutes ago, Cal said:

Done! Mine isn’t actually totally accurate but it’s how I want to be portrayed for entertainment purposes. Is there a way to share the characters you create if I ended up wanting to get into RTK soon?

Yeah, I'll probably do some screen shots

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Patine said:

You might think. But I am not pulling a hoodwink, here. I am actually unable to by the whims of some copyright lawyer dictating to YouTube over some IP claim we probably have no knowledge of the details of.

Just use any Canadian YouTube equivalent and see if they have the trailer for red cliffs