The Political Lounge

Virginia Governor Prediction (I need to review the algorithm to see if its good analyzing Governors elections)

Entrecampos

23 minutes ago, Hestia said:

I did say that it's up everywhere. There's also Trump counties that are low and Biden ones that are high. Thing is - Youngkin needs to make up 9 points of ground from 2017. I'm not really seeing that. 

First exit Polls

Youngkin 53% Approve 44% Disapprove +9% Net
McAuliffe 44% Approve 53% Disapprove -9% Net

4 minutes ago, Entrecampos said:

First exit Polls

Youngkin 53% Approve 44% Disapprove +9% Net
McAuliffe 44% Approve 53% Disapprove -9% Net

1- voting isn't complete

2- doesn't account for mail in ballots

3- approval and voting intention are different

Meanwhile in NJ, the Republican candidate seems to be doing unusually well 50.6% to 48.6% with 50% of the votes counted...

1 hour ago, Hestia said:

D pickup state supreme court seat in Pennsylvania. Court is now 6D to 1R. Strange pickup, probably low turnout in the state. Surprised that favored Dems though.

I'm not sure where they are getting this call. We'll see how it shakes out.

image.png.f48e9c442e2f87256a60f7e31082c505.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Entrecampos said:

Nenhuma descrição disponível.

If Ciattarelli wins, this will be an upset.  If he loses, the GOP will regret not campaigning for him more.

28 minutes ago, Timur said:

If Ciattarelli wins, this will be an upset.  If he loses, the GOP will regret not campaigning for him more.

Ciattareli leads by just 60 votes now at 84% reported.I believe Murphy will eventually win but that even was close is a very bad news for Democrats.Youngkin victory is a complete disastrous shitshow.

10 hours ago, Rodja said:

F..k.It was a bad night for democracy.

How so? It was a bad night for Democrats, that I will grant you. But democracy is strong when the parties are strong and clearly the American people are willing and prepared to check one-party domination. It was a good night for democracy because every free and fair election is a good night for democracy.

• Agree 1
  • Based 1

I just wanted to state, that I am incredibly proud about Virginia electing a great candidate as their next governor. Youngkin was my favorite early in the primary. An incredible candidate, likeable, down-to-earth and a political temperament which isn't by far as appalling as Trump's but still severely conservative.

I've always believed Youngkin can pull it off and the polls during the last weeks encouraged my hopes even further. I rarely pray for political candidates but I prayed for a Youngkin victory, not just for sending the right message, but also for him. I truly believe he's a good person and deserved this win.

I also thought that if Youngkin can win, he would make a perfect candidate for the Presidency, at least if Trump's out of the way. I am glad a New York Times columnist felt the same excitement around Youngkin. We saw the blueprint for winning as the GOP, keep your distance to Trump but do not distance yourself too much from him. Also raise the real issues, not the woke stuff.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Patine said:

"Praise the Conservative candidate in the election! It doesn't matter who they are, what they've done, who backs them or who they associate with, what specific or side beliefs they have, or even how repugnant they may or may not be as a human being, praise the Conservative candidate, support them blindly, and congratulate them if they win, because Social Conservativism is what really matters, and everything else <including the long-standing and neglected issues screaming out to be addressing by destroying the integrity and viability of EVERYTHING by being ignored and de-prioritized> are not major issues to worry about."

-Typical boilerplate @ConservativeElector2 motif! 😞

Usual Patine assholery.

8 minutes ago, Patine said:

No, I'm calling out a valid point. But that probably is not easily grasped by typical @Pringles assholery, which usually lacks a real point, and is just a caustic and self-righteous lashing out for it's own sake. But I don't expect you to have the introspection or maturity to understand - as you've never shown such before.

Lou Bega on 20 Years of &#39;Mambo No. 5,&#39; His New Single with the Late Scatman  John -

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1