The Political Lounge

Batman I: Gotham in Flames

WVProgressive

1. The friends of the bat, led by Vicki Vale, will hold their first official meeting at Gotham Town hall, preparing to go out on watch for the night and defend the city from any crime they encounter
  2. The Gazette will continue to post positive coverage of Harvey Dent, portraying him as a hero on the way to assist Batman in clearing out the city.
  3. Alexander Knox will continue to build his momentum by starting his own news agency in Gotham, labeled the Knox Times. The paper will focus on speaking out against the corruption in the city and informing the people of how they can help to save the city.
  4. The Gotham media will lobby Congress to pass Speaker Wright's bill for emergency funding for Gotham without the addition of a 'state actor' status
  5. The Gotham will report on the Joker

Event 1. The New Commissioner

Peter Grogan sat down in his new office, letting out the deepest sigh of his life. He had just been appointed as GCPD Police Commissioner, and he recognized one fundamental fact, one his predecessor had refused to. One wrong move, and he was fucked. He looked around Loeb's old office, knowing that just as Loeb fell, he too could fall. In the next few days following his appointment, Grogan would set to work attempting to stabilize his position with a series of moderate, small reforms to the department. He would announce the dissolution of the anti-corruption unit Loeb had used as his mad battering ram against dissidents in the force, and would distance himself from the former Commissioner as he cut down on the most blatant examples of corruption in the force. Of course, the subtle corruption would be left untouched, and Grogan would make sure to maintain his allegiance with the Falcones while opposing and attempting to block the radical attempts at reform being led by Deputy Commissioner Gordon. Grogan knew the times were changing, and that he would not survive with the same combative strategy of Loeb. Thus, a breath of perhaps not fresh, but new air would come from the Commissioner's office, as the Grogan fights to maintain the old order through moderate yet safe reforms.

Event 2. Flass On Thin Glass

The man who had sent him on this wild quest was gone. And while Grogan and the remaining Loeb faction in the GCPD had urged him to quietly keep on the case of the Bat, with Loeb's arrest Flass knew there was no one in his former force he could depend on. He wasn't police detective Arnold Flass any longer, he was private investigator Arnold Flass, and even as the walls closed in on his faction of the GCPD, he was intent on finishing the job he had been sent on and catching the Bat which has terrorized the corrupt of Gotham. With his attempts at bugging Dent's home having run into a sudden dead-end, Flass will quietly increase his efforts in the case, continuing to investigate Dent, his connection with Bruce, and the strange case of whatever cave Dent had visited, all as he attempts to stay away from the wrath of the Bat while still getting to the bottom of his identity.

Event 3. The Two-Faced Man Of Gotham

The press crowded all-around. City Council Chair and Mayoral candidate Hamilton Hill was leaving the hospital, with bandages covering half of his face. He has a dull, almost emotionless look as he hears the journalists snapping away with their cameras. But inside, Hill's thoughts were brewing. He was angry. Not even at the man who had done this to him, but at the fact that he came so close to death without attaining the power and authority he had always wanted. The next day, as Hill's campaign manager talked with him, showing him the recent polls revealing a neck-and-neck race between him and Harvey, Hill laughed. It was as if the weak politician of old had melted away with half of Hill's face, and replacing him was a determined leader. Someone who could look in the face of death and deny its cold grasp. Someone who was not a leader serving in the interests of the people, never, or even for the corrupt system of Gotham, as much as it played to his benefit, but instead a leader who served for only his own interest. Because if death and disfigurement could not deny Hamilton Hill what he wanted, nothing could. Donning a white mask over the burned section of his face, and equipped with a revolver now always kept at his side, Hill would announce a new tour of Gotham, in defiance of those who had tried to take him down. As he spoke to the Gothamites he encountered on the tour, Hill would speak with determination and fire. He would attack the sick, power-hungry punk he portrayed Harvey Dent as, and would promise leadership and strength from his Mayoral Administration. He would lead Gotham into the future, with strength, determination, and leadership. He would make sure of that.

Event 4. Political Warfare

Hamilton Hill walked out of the City Council chamber. What had been a traditionally boring session of the council had launched itself into the headlines, as Hill introduced the, "Electoral Candidate Protection Act", launching an official investigation into the acid attack against himself, with a specific provision calling for a full investigation into Harvey Dent and his campaign for a possible role in the attack. When asked by a reporter if this means he is officially accusing Dent of the attack, Hill would state, "This isn't about accusations. This isn't about political warfare. This is about justice. And we all know that for self-interested politicians like Dent, when the polls fall desperation ensues, and I believe he should be a prime suspect in this case. I will take no further questions at this time."

Event 5. Back To The Same Old Campaign

Putting the exciting and scarring campaign developments of the past few weeks behind him, Hill will return to a more traditional campaign by lobbying the unions of Gotham to endorse him. He will hope to exploit his connections with the political establishment to woo the union bosses with promises of loosened restrictions and active support from his Administration.

Episode 10.5 – Riddler events that I can’t figure out where to put anywhere else.

Work Out: 11

Gear Up R: 6

Recruit: 6

Some nice gains, a snazzy, if impractical new outfit, and a little trouble in recruiting new thugs. An OKish week for Riddler, all things considered

Episode 11 – Mayoral Mayhem

Press Conference: 17

Dent Coverage: 8

Hack: 13

Two-Face: 3

War: 7

Unions: 7

Speech: 1

Mario: 16

Knox: 12

Arnold Crimp reached around in the dark for another can of beer, his eyes glued to the television screen in anger. The tv was playing a clip of Harvey Dent’s press conference from the day before, as Dent went on about condemning political violence, and being the law&order candidate. Crimp gave a hateful scoff, the gall that man had, to claim to be the Law&Order candidate, after ripping apart the GCPD, trafficking drugs, and, worst of all, inspiring a madman to maim Hamilton Hill.

And how the media adored him! They played his speeches, sang his praises, and never bothered to mention his drug use. The anchorwoman, who Crimp was certain was a whore, would never shut up about how Harvey Dent would bring a breath of fresh air to Gotham. Arnold Crimp found an unopened can of beer, and chugged it, it didn’t help. When he was finished drinking, the newswoman had changed topics. She was talking about the Gotham Elections Board getting hacked, again. The hackers had replaced Hamilton Hill’s name on the ballots with the Joker. Crimp clutched his recliner’s armrests in rage, This is what they think of Hill he thought Nothing but a joke.

Arnold Crimp thought back to the past few days, how the Hero Hill had risen from the grizzle attack, and gotten back on the campaign trail just a few days after being maimed. And how the people on the street gagged at him, avoided him, and laughed at him. How the councilors refused to vote for Hill’s protection bill, how the media called him deranged for wanting to be safe. How the police unions had declined to meet him. Crimp seethed, the entirety of Gotham was under that son of a bitch’s spell, and didn’t even care about Hill getting half of his face melted off. Now the tv was talking about Dent, again, but this time it was talking about his plans to make a speech. A speech right near Arnold Crimp’s home. It was a sign! It had to be! He had to do something…

*/*/*/*/*

Harvey waved to the crowds as he stepped onto the stage, the summer sun shining warmly on his face. He looked over to his wife Gilda, and breathed deep, feeling confident that he would be Gotham’s next mayor. As he started his speech, Harvey heard a clicking from beside, and below him. Looking to his side, Harvey’s eyes went wide, and he dropped to the floor as his security detail rushed to protect him. Harvey heard six shots ring out, and felt something pierce through his back, and lung, and the whole world went black.

*/*/*/*/*

The next morning Mario Falcone conducted an interview with independent journalist Alexander Knox, where he lambasted the violence, and chaos sweeping Gotham, and pinned the blame on Batman, and the so-called Super-villains running amok like Joker, and Penguin. The interview is received well, though some think Mario is a bit hypocritical.

Episode 12 – Gotham Central

Assassinate: 12

Reforms: 14

Reorganization: 5

Infiltration: 20

Hire Clean Cops: 11

It was a bright summer day, and Gordon lit a cigarette as he stood outside of the airport. Why his brother had insisted on continuing Barbara’s annual summer visits with Uncle Gordon even if that meant sending her to Gotham City, Jim didn’t know. “Uncle Gordon!” a precocious young redhead yelled as she latched onto Jim’s leg. Jim looked down at Barbara, and smiled, tussling her hair, even if he didn’t think it was safe, he still loved Barbara, and her visits.

Is that him?” one of Falcone’s hired thugs asked, as they observed the Captain from their car. “Yeah, that has to be him.” another one said, “Let ‘im eat led!” their leader cried as they opened fire on Gordon, and his wife.

Gordon, bending down to give his niece a hug, heard a hail of bullets rip through the air. He looked up to see his brother, and his sister-in-law being torn apart by a tsunami of hot lead. Gordon joined a scared crowd in running behind cover, making sure that Barbara did not see the grizzly end that had befallen her parents.

*/*/*/*/*

Gordon thought back to that day, how it seemed like a ray of sunshine in a city of darkness, only to be snuffed out by the Falconies. One week had passed since then, and Gordon sat in an interview room piqued. His only brother was dead, the Falcone’s were still at large, his reforms had been snuffed out by Grogan, and to beat it all, he had been forced to personally conduct the interviews for new hires due to ‘budget cuts’. Gordon scoffed, budget cuts, Gorgan had told him, as if they didn’t get a funding increase a few months ago. The day passed slowly, with most of the applicants being unremarkable. All except two, a forensic scientist named Edward Nigma, and a detective from the Middleton Police Department named John Jones. At least he had found a few good men. What was he going to tell Barbara?

(Detective John Jones has joined the Reformist faction)

Episode 13 – Batman and the Warehouse of Madness

Scarecrow: 18

Batman slid through the open window into the warehouse. He had intercepted an anonymous tip that a break in was occurring at that location. Skulking about the catwalks, Batman saw, and heard nothing in the seemingly empty, black warehouse. Breathing the rank, foul smelling air, Batman let out a cough.

Something shuffles out of sight, sucking the foul air, and hisses. Gliding with ancient grace, a bat descends on Bruce. Eyes gleaming, untouched by love, joy, or sorrow. Breath hot with the taste of fallen enemies, and dripping with the stench of damned, and dead things. The bat, surely the fiercest survivor, the purest warrior, stared at Bruce, with its glaring, hating eyes, and claimed him as its own.

A clap of thunder broke the air, and Bruce could hear his father, again. “I can’t believe you insisted on sitting through that movie again Bruce.” he had said, after leaving the theater. The Mark of Zorro Bruce remembered, how he loved that film, how he begged his parents to go see it, how he jumped, and danced like a fool on the way home. He remembered, he remembered that night. “I’m sorry, father.” Bruce said, dropping to his knees.

Go easy on him Tom, he loved it so. I know Alfred will wait.” his mother had defended. “We can cut through here, it will be quicker.” his father had said. “No!” Bruce protested, as if it mattered now. “Cash, money, jewelry now!” he had demanded, “There’s no need for this, I’ll give you whatever you want.” his father had said as he placed a protecting hand on Bruce’s chest. It was a .45 caliber bullet, hollow point. It exploded in Thomas’s chest, Bruce could feel the shock through his father’s fingers, and for the ten thousandth time, his father dies. “Thomas, no!” his mother had cried, “Shut up lady, give me those pearls!” the man had yelled, knocking her head back. “Run, Bruce!” his mother told him, before the mugger shot her through the jaw. “Bruce.” his father croaked, seeing the fear in his son’s eyes, “Don’t be afraid.” he told him, before slipping into eternity.

Come kid, this way.” a kind woman had told him after the mugger had fled, placing her coat around his shoulders for warmth, “Take a seat in my office until the police arrive.” she told him. “Is he going to be OK?” the woman had asked the first responding officer, “Oh yeah, he’ll be fine, kid like that, with all that money, he’ll be just fine.” he said, “Shut up, now!” the woman had scolded, “He’s eight years old, and all alone, money won’t fix that.” she said. “Whatever you say, Dr. Tompkins, his butler is on the way to pick him up.” the officer had said. Dr. Tompkins, Bruce remembered, Dr. Lesley Tompkins, the woman who helped Bruce know that the world hadn’t ended.

Hello, Dark Knight.” Batman could hear emanating from the darkness around him. “Who are you, and what you doing?” Batman demanded, “Do you smell that, Batman?” the voice asked, “That is the smell of fear, isn’t it wonderful?” it continued. “You, and I both use fear, Dark Knight, but what could scare the big bad monster of Gotham?” it wondered, “With every breath you take you help me learn more.” it said sinisterly.

You’re a disgrace, Bruce!” Bruce could hear his father say, “Father?” he askedYou’re a disgrace to the family name!” Thomas said “You’ve failed us Bruce!” Martha added. “No!” Batman cried, “You are not my Father, I am not a disgrace!” Batman protested, “I am vengeance, I am the night, I am Batman!” he yelled, as the ghosts of his parents dissipated, and for the first time he could see clearly. Batman spotted a man in a scarecrow mask making his escape, “Farewell, Dark Knight, we shall meet again, and trust me, you will face your fears!” the man warned.

Episode 14Gotcha

Hunt Carmine: 18

Zatanna: 13

Strange: 16

Flass: 14

Batman gulped the last of his coffee as he stood on a rooftop across from the back of Falcone Casa, waiting for Tony Zucco to go outside for a smoke. After weeks of watching, Batman had gotten his routine down. Just a few more… There.

Tony Zucco lit a cigarette, as she trudged down the alley mindlessly, just like he had a hundred thousand times before. Silently, Gotham’s Caped Crusader floated from the rooftops, and landed behind him. “It’s a disgusting habit.” the Bat said from behind Tony, who sputtered in fear, and fell to the ground, “But not quite as disgusting as what your boss has been up to.” the bat said, lifting Tony up by his shirt collar. “I don’t know nothing about that, bat-freak!” Tony claimed. The Bat gave a deep, sarcastic, threatening laugh, “That’s a good one.” he said, before slamming Tony to the ground. Batman placed a boot on Tony’s neck, “Did you know you can bleed out without ever spilling a drop?” he asked, grinding his boot into Tony’s larynx, “Tell me the plan, or I’ll show you how it happens first hand.” he threatened. “Alright, I’ll talk!” Tony relented, spilling the beans on the Falcone family’s plans. “If you’re lying to me, I’ll find, and break the other one.” Batman said, “Other wha-” Tony asked, before going into shock when Batman broke his left arm.

*/*/*/*/*

Early the next morning, Bruce Wayne visited Zatanna’s magic shop again. “Bruce, it’s good to see you again.” Zatanna said as Bruce entered. “I’ve been thinking about your request, and-” Zatanna started, “Don’t worry about it.” he said, “I don’t need it, at least not right now.” he continued. “Oh, OK.” Zatanna said, “So why did you want it, anyway?” she asked, “A memory spell isn’t exactly an everyday request.” she continued. Bruce remained silent for a moment, “It’s, personal, Zee.” he said hesitantly. Zatanna sighed, “Classic Bruce, mysterious, brooding, and distant.” she said, shrugging. Bruce left the shop shortly afterward.

Across town, Flass paced his office, and stared at the cork board that he was using to connect the pieces of evidence for the Batman case. Now that Harvey was injured, he was effectivly off the list of possible Batmen. But if not him, then who? “Impressive.” the mysterious visitor cloaked in shadow said, “Most impressive.” he continued. “Yeah?” Flass said, “Impressive would be finding out who the hell this guy is.” he continued. Flass could see the stranger’s glasses glint, despite the shadows, “I’m surprised you haven’t figured it out already.” he said, “What?” Flass asked, “All of the pieces are in front of you, investigator, all you have to do is put them together.” the stranger continued. The stranger got up to leave, and Flass implored him, “Hey, if you know who this guy is, you gotta help me out here!” the stranger smiled, “Why the ruin the surprise, Detective Flass.” he said, before leaving the crooked ex-cop in a tizzy. Hugo Strange, the stranger, did not know the Batman’s exact identity, but he had a shortlist of people it could be, and it was only getting shorter the more he learned.

Episode 15 – Assault on Wayne Tower

Underworld: 15

Prepare: 14

WT Attack: 19

WT Defense: 20

Hunt Penguin: 3

Gear Up P: 12

Friends of the Bat: 2

Bruce walked up to Lucius Fox silently, who was positioned at the chair of the Batcomputer. “Lucius.” he said, to let his ally know he was there, “Ah, Mr. Wayne, it’s good to see you.” Lucius said. “Any word on Penguin?” Bruce asked, “Unfortunately, I’m getting a lot of traffic,” Lucius said, “Mainly weapons, not just your regular guns, but explosives, emplacements, even a few APCs.” he continued. “They’re preparing for war.” Bruce observed, “It certainly seems that way.” Lucius agreed, “Well if it’s war they want,” Bruce said, walking towards the Batcave’s garage, “I have just the thing.”

*/*/*/*/*

“What’s the boss so on edge for?” one of the private soldiers at Wayne Tower asked, “Does it matter?” another soldier asked, “We’ve got so many guns anybody who comes at us will be toast.” he continued. “All these guns, people don’t do that if they don’t think something big is about to happen.” the first soldier said, “You worry too much!” the other soldier said. “Maybe, but you talk too much.” the first soldier fired back. “Damn straight!” the other soldier responded “Big talk, big guns, big ba-” he started before a bullet whizzed through his head.

The Wayne Tower Security Detail rushed for cover under a hail of bullets. After a few tense moments of being pinned, the Wayne Sec soldiers returned fire, as their commander got a sense of the situation. Wayne Tower was being besieged on three sides, these weren’t your everyday thugs. They were armed to the teeth with military grade guns, and mortars, and refurbished Vietnam-era APCs. As the Penguin’s thugs tightened their grip around Wayne Tower, and the casualties mounted, the situation looked bleak for the defenders. The GCPD were on their way, but they wouldn’t get there in time, and the Friends of Batman militia was little more than Guardian Angels in their current form, certainly no match against an army like this. They needed a hero.

“Master Wayne?” Alfred asked on the Bat-Tank’s communications, “Well who else?” Batman responded. “Certainly sir, it’s just that the signal is coming from-” Alfred started, “She purrs like a kitten.” Bruce cut him off, “Time to see if this thing’s battle ready.” he continued. As the Bat-Tank rumbled to the top of a hill overlooking Wayne Tower’s entrance, Batman spoke into the external communication, “Criminals, Penguin, surrender now, or be destroyed.” he threatened. He was met with a hail of gunfire from the Penguin’s thugs. “Kids these days,” Batman said as the Bat-Tank rumbled forward, “No respect.”

The Bat-Tank rumbled forward, the bullets tinging off of its hard armored exterior, and the mortar rounds doing little more than denting it. Batman put on the Bat-Tank’s targeting monocle, time to get to work. The Bat-Tank’s machine gun ripped through the enemy’s lines, making short work of the crowded squads. Rubber bullets, honest. Batman then used the Bat-Tank’s main cannon to knock out the APCs, using a specialized EMP round that disabled the vehicles circuitry, and rendered it little more than a slab of cover. Due to being flanked by Batman, Way Sec, and the recently arrived Police, and Friends of Batman, the Penguin’s forces quickly either surrendered, or were incapacitated.

The Penguin enraged by the defeat of his forces, and surrounded by law enforcement, had no other choice. He activated the Penguinmobile’s escape procedure. The cockpit of the Penguinmobile launched into the sky, and landed in the nearby Gotham waters. The Penguin, badly licking his organizational wounds after the loss of so much equipment, and man power, was alive to kill another day, and had scored a good PR victory to boot.

Episode 16 – It’s A Laugh Riot!

Kidnap: 8

Hunt Joker: 2

Joker Report: 10

Arkham: 20

Batman kicked down the door to the building that Lucius had tracked Joker to. It was a normal abandoned apartment. Too normal. There was no way in hell that a mad maniac had made his base here. Batman climbed the stairs, grumbling in thought.

On the second floor, Batman found a room filled with the bodies of Falcone’s goons. The bodies all had a smile cut into their mouths, and ‘Ha Ha Ha’ was written on blood on one of the walls. Checking on another room, Batman found a communication device, repeating a digitized “Ha ha ha” over, and over again. Switching it off, Batman’s suspicious were confirmed when Lucius told him that he had lost the Joker’s signal. Looking the window, Batman considered where the Joker could actually be. Looking to Arkham Asylum, which was clearly visible from the apartment’s window, Batman took little comfort in knowing that’s where Joker should be.

Boom

*/*/*/*/*

This Channel Four News, at 11.” the anchorman said, “Today’s biggest story, the so called Joker.” he said, “Is he a crazed supervillain, a sick man in need of help, or just some creep with a weird sense of humor?” he asked. “We talk to an expert panel about the appearance of him, and other so called super-villains after the appearance of Batman, later tonight.” he said.

But first-” he started, before being interrupted by his producers. “What?” he asked, as he was handed a piece of paper. “We, my god!” he exclaimed as he began to read. “We regret to inform you that there has been a massive prison break at Arkham Asylum following an external explosion.” he said, “The Joker is believed to be responsible.” he finished, before clicking off his microphone. This wasn’t going to be good, he thought.

Episode 17 Reagan Takes A Visitor

Lobbying: 2

“Son, I hope you don’t mind me getting down to brass tacks, you’re a busy man, after all.” Reagan said, as he sat in the Oval Office, “Not at all, that’s very considerate of you, Mr. President.” Reagan’s guest said. “I want to talk to you about this Batman,” Reagan said, “Is he a friend of yours?” he asked, “Uhm, no, sir, but I’ve heard a few good things about his work.” the guest said, “You’re not about to ask me to get rid of him, are you?” he asked. “What?” Reagan asked, incredulous, “No, no his approvals are though the roof, heck their higher than mine.” he continued with a laugh. “You want a jelly bean, son?” Reagan asked as he poured a handful of jelly beans into his palm, “Thank you, sir, but I’m not hungry.” the guest said, “I love these things.” Reagan said, pouring the handful into his mouth

“You’ve heard of the, what is it, the Urban Emergency Funding Bill?” Reagan asked after finishing his jelly beans, “Yes sir, last I heard, it was still bogged down in the senate.” the guest answered. “You know why that is?” Reagan asked, “It’s mainly due to the state actor provision, right?” the guest responded, “It’s been a while since I’ve studied on it.” he admitted.

“Good memory,” Reagan complimented, “Though, is that any surprise?” he continued with a laugh. “But it did make me think of something,” Reagan said, “Deputized vigilantes!” he said, “Like the old Justice Society of America, back before the hippies made them break up.” the President said, a sparkle in his eyes reminiscent of a boy talking about his favorite cowboy movies. “You ever see the old Wildcat serials they made in the 50s?” the President asked, “I loved those things when I was a boy, I-” he continued to ramble, “As you were saying sir, about deputized vigilantes?” the guest asked to course correct the conversation.

“Huh, oh right!” Reagan said taking a moment to remember his original point, “With how dangerous the world is today, we need to show America’s heroes are united, in support of, uh,” he trailed off, “United in support of Truth, Justice, and the American Way?” the guest finished. “That’s it!” the President said, “And besides, it’ll be great publicity, me, standing there with Earth mightiest heroes.” Reagan said, “What does Gorbachev got?” he asked, “Nothing!” he said. The guest cleared his through before Reagan had the chance to rant about the inferiority of the Soviet system, “Basically, what I want you to do, son, is round up all of those super-heroes around America, and get them to join our new Justice League, they don’t even have to reveal their identities!” Reagan explained.

“Can you do that for me, son?” he asked, “Yes, sir.” the guest agreed. “Great!” Reagan exclaimed happily, “Now, where the hell is Clark Kent, he said he had to use the bathroom an hour ago?” he wondered. Superman sighed, “I can go find him for you.” he told the President, “That’s be very kind of you, son.” Reagan responded. A moment later, regular old Clark Kent walked into the Oval Office, “Sorry I’m late Mr. President, I spilled a bit of water on my tie while I was washing my hands.” he said, “Darn it Kent, you missed Superman, again!” Reagan exclaimed, “That’s, very unfortunate, are you ready for interview now, Mr. President?” he responded. “Sure, you want a jelly bean before we start?” Reagan asked, as he settled into a more comfortable position in his chair.

• Like 3

Meter Positions at The Start of Turn 6:

Approve/Disapprove/Unsure&Don’t Know

Mayor Approval: 10%/60%/30%

DA Approval: 42%/28%/30%

GCPD Approval: 20%/70%/10%

City Council Approval: 20%/60%/20%

Batman Approval: 80%/10%/10%

Mayoral Race Second Round Polls (Debate next turn):

Harvey Dent: 20%

Hamilton Hill: 20%

Undecided: 60%

Trust in the Media: 4/10 As violence, polarization, and discontent sweep Gotham, there seems to be malaise with the media.

Safety: 0/10 There is no way to sugar coat this, Gotham is in the middle of a full blown gang war. Criminals, cops, citizen militias, and countless other factions are tearing the city apart block by clock as they battle for control.

Economic Growth: 3/10 Gotham economy has stunted following the eruption of a gang war, and all out attacks on Wayne Tower.

Quality of Life: 2/10 If you can believe it, thing somehow don't get worse in this regard!

Unrest: 4/20 Gotham is in the middle of a literal gang war, as such discontent, and rioting, and unrest is the norm.

Budget: 3/10 No major spending changes sees the budget stay moderately red.

Corruption: 4/10 One step forward, two steps back, the Old Guard may have found a bit of stability for the time being.

Knight-Playboy: 20/100 As his city burns in front of his eyes, Batman makes a commitment, no more games, no more Mr. Nice-Bat, this is war, and he will do anything necessary to end it.

@Pringles @The Blood @Dobs @Sean F Kennedy @Rezi @Kitten @Fbarbarossa @Rodja

Crisis - War Games: Gotham City is being ripped apart by a gang war! Entire neighborhoods are under the control of crime lords, and gang leaders, and the emergency services struggle to maintain order even within their territory. Every faction gets one extra event a turn until the crisis is over to represent how chaotic the situation is, so everyone gets six, except for Joker, who gets 2. Also, see the below map, and select one territory to be your home base during this crisis, any unclaimed territories will be controlled by NPC supervillains/street gangs. Don't worry, you can use events to expand your territorial hold through a variety of means. (Except for Batman, he gets Wayne Manor automatically). Use this wiki to help you out with the map:

https://batman.fandom.com/wiki/Gotham_City#Notable_Areas.2C_Landmarks.2C_Institutions_and_Businesses

gotham-city1.jpg.1a1c57e76aec741cb7c124765d179137.jpg

The Penguin - Home Base: Diamond District

1 - Scarecrow spreads fear gas throughout Gotham, to frenzy the rioters.

2 - Penguin alongside Scarecrow and a number of thugs launch an assault on the GCPD headquarters.

3 - Penguin used his umbrella to flip over a log as he trudged deeper into the swamp. Cursing under his breath as his foot sank into a small pool of sludge. Scarecrow stepped over the puddle. "What are we doing here?" He asked Cobblepot, completely monotone. "There's a city out there for the taking."

The Penguin shook his foot, in an attempt to get some of the stagnant water out of his shoe. "I know, I know. We're just picking up someone who can help us make the most of the situation." Cobblepot led Scarecrow further in to Slaughter Swamp. As they reached the centre the swamp began to bubble and a figure began to emerge. The Penguin chuckled. "May I introduce you to Solomon Grundy."

4 - The Penguin, Scarecrow and hopefully their new ally launch an attempt to gain control of Blackgate Isle

5 - The Penguin and his Organization launch an attack and robbery on Gotham Heights

(This first part is establishing my home base. Not an event, just a preamble)

The Joker stared out of the window as Gotham City descended into chaos. His impossibly big smile managed to grow even larger as he let out a quiet and high pitched giggle. Now. Now was the time, he'd finally done it. 

Time to hit the streets. But not yet. 

The Joker looked in the mirror, top button fastened, tie straight and hair neat. This wasn't proper attire for Gotham City now. 

Reaching up the Joker grabbed the knot of his tie and yanked as hard as he could. The knot tightened into a frayed mess, he rapidly ran his hands through his hair, disheveling it, he pulled half of his shirt from his pants, allowing half to stay tucked in. And finally he clenched his gloved hand into a fist. Swinging as hard as he could he brought his fist into his face, the impact sending him across the room and into the wall. 

Now he looked the part! 

The Jester of Genocide still had one final thing to do however. The Green haired maniac approached his desk and opened the drawer. In it resided four things: A Butterfly knife, a Revolver (Not loaded but only he knew that), three smoke-bombs and a needle full of high strength anesthetic.

Now. Now it was time to hit the town!

The Joker - Home Base: To Be Confirmed

The Clown Prince of Crime practically skipped through the streets of Gotham City as he made his way to his destination. He hurled a few trash cans through a few windows. He wet his blade more than a few times. And he of course lit a few fires.

Finally he reached his destination.

The Joker - Home Base: Ace Chemical Processing Plant

The purple clad man was disappointed to find the doors to his birthplace barricaded. However, he was nothing if not innovative! Placing his fist through a car window the Joker was able to release the parking brake and guide the vehicle to the entrance. Hopping onto the car's roof the riot's instigator was able to enter through the window above the doors. 

Landing on his feet in the reception area the Joker heard a click. Looking up he saw two security guards stood just in front of the reception desk with handguns aimed at him. He chuckled. Placing his hands behind his head the Joker deftly rolled a smoke bomb from inside one of his sleeves. Dropping it to the floor smoke filled the room.

Folding his butterfly knife back up the Joker unclipped one a key card from one of the dead Security Guards. Approaching the next door he slid the card through the reader and upon seeing a green flash he turned to the camera in the corner of the room and flashed a wink. 

Soon enough the Joker had reached the main area of the plant. A familiar area. A metal bridge across vats of acid and five security guards was all that stood between him and the lab that the scientists had locked themselves inside. 

The guards rushed the Joker. He acted faster. Plunging his knife into the stomach of the first guard he quickly followed up by planting a fist into the nose of the second. He pushed as he pulled his knife from the first, the force, intentionally, causing the guard to fall into one of the vats. As he pressed forward he barged his shoulder into the guard he previously struck, sending him falling. Bringing his knife up he slashed the face of the third guard, carrying his momentum he brought his blade into the chest of the fourth before finally planting his foot into the stomach of the fifth guard. The Joker swiveled around, pulling his knife from the chest of the fourth guard he casually tossed him into the acid, the third guard, still gripping his face, was swept off his feet by the Joker and plummeted into one of the vats. The fifth guard attempted to strike the Joker again, raising his baton he brought it down at the clown. The Joker caught the guards arm and pulled down, bringing his knee to the guards head and then throwing him from the bridge.

A hysterical laugh filled the room as the green haired man approached the lab. As he did the guards bodies surfaced in the vats, their skin dyed white and their hair stained green. 

The Joker kicked open the door to the lab. 

"I'm in charge now. There's something I want you to make for me."

Civility in Politics

The Joker gripped the syringe of green liquid he'd acquired from Ace Chemicals as he strode into the hospital. He laughed, for many reasons, however the foremost on this occasion was the fact that the sheer chaos of Gotham allowed him to enter the hospital practically unnoticed.

He strutted through the recovery wing until he was in sight of the bed of his Mayoral rival Harvey Dent. Gotham's premier entertainer tucked the syringe into his inside pocket and retrieved the needle of anesthetic. Casually he plunged the needle into the neck of GCPD officer who guarded the DA and pressed the plunger down.

The Joker sidled passed the curtain and sat on the chair at the side of the bed. He pinched the nose of the sleeping DA, quickly planting his gloved hand on his mouth as he awoke. "Wakey wakey Mr. Dent." He smirked, a giggle emerging from under his breath. "Now, don't say a word, don't strain yourself. . I'm not here to hurt you."

The Joker laughed quietly. "How are you doing Harvey? I can call you that can't I? You can call me 'the' if you like!" He chuckled. "How's the debate prep? This must have set you back a little! Still, after what happened with Hill you needed this! If he attacks you over deranged supporters melting his face you can just show him the hole in your chest!" Again the man let out a deranged laugh.

An alarm sounded. "Woops! Looks like they finally noticed me!" The Joker yelled, no longer allowing himself any subtlety. "I best be heading off. Before I do though, I brought ya something!" The Joker produced the syringe of green liquid from his jacket. "The folks at Ace Chemicals whipped this up for me!" He said, flicking the tip of the needle. "I don't know if it works or not yet though... Heck! They could have sabotaged me by making it effect-less! I wouldn't know! But, hopefully they made me what I wanted... Only one way to find out!"

The Joker stuck the syringe into Dent's IV and pressed the plunger down. 

"Get well soon Harvey. I'm rootin' for ya!"

The Green Amusement Mile

The Joker deftly avoided the Hospital Security. Ducking into closets, jumping down stairwells and occasionally knocking someone out cold he made it out clean.

His eyes surveyed the burning Gotham City before him. The sky black with night and smoke, an orange glow lighting up the city streets. Sirens in the distance could be permanently heard and the chorus of screaming, shouting and smashing glass accompanied it beautifully. In the Joker's opinion at least. He sat on a city bench crossed his legs and let his arms spread across the back. His head fell back as he took in the moment.

Finally, he decided where to go.

The Joker strode into Gotham City's amusement mile. However, his permanent smile almost broke when he saw it. Overrun with gangs, that was the only positive. The lights where off, the music had stopped and the rides weren't functioning. 

The Joker headed deeper into the park. His lack of a heart breaking at the still and lifeless rides. He was going to fix this! He pressed on to the main office, ending anyone who dared to come within grabbing reach as he did. Cops, fleeing civilians, thugs. He didn't care, the Amusement Mile had to be up and running. He could enjoy his kills later.

Kicking open the office door he accessed the master controls. 

Lights, on!

Music, on!

Rides, on!

All at the highest level.

The Joker then activated the intercom. A sickening laughter filled the park. "Haaahaa heeeheee hooohooo haaahaaaa! Hello boys and girls! Welcome to the grand reopening of the Amusement Mile! Under terrific new management I must say... Now, here are the rules, in the Joker's Amusement mile you're either a friend of the Joker or an enemy. If you're a friend, kill the enemies. If you're an enemy, prepare to die!"

The Joker stopped for a moment, to let his announcement sink in. "Also," he said, returning to the intercom, "I prefer to work alone, so friends, don't bother me or you're dead too."

The Joker smiled before heading back out to the park. 

Now this! This is what he wanted. Carnival music playing, amusement park rides going nonstop, flashing lights and bloodshed filling the empty space.

Perfection.

The Joker stopped my the cotton candy machine and made himself a nice big stick. He took a bite. Maybe he'd hit the Ferris Wheel first, or the Merry-go-Round, possibly even the roller coaster (though that's more something to end the night on), the hall of mirrors is always fun. Decisions decisions.

One thing's for certain however.

This was going to be so much fun.

He's so jazzed!!!!!

1.Falcone picks Robinson Park to be main base of his people in Gang Wars

2.Hugo Strange attempts to kill The Penguin

3.Mario Falcone makes a surprise announcement of a late entry in race for Gotham Mayor.

4.The Roman orders armored robberies in Gotham major bank.

5.Sofia Falcone attempts to launch her own investigation to find Batman's identity

6.The Roman meets with Hamilton Hill attempting to blackmail him to drop out of race and endorse his son Mario.

1. The Riddler will set up his base in Coventry.

2. The Riddler will look to hack the GCPD and jam the police radios to further cause chaos.

3. The Riddler will attempt to encourage the write in campaign for the Joker.

4. Edward Nygma will scope out rallies by Hill and Dent looking to figure the campaign security.

5. In a rare act of kindness The Riddler will make a donation to Gotham’s educational system, he also orders his henchmen to not go after anyone under the age of 18.

Still need events from @Pringles @The Blood @Dobs @Rezi, and remember that you can choose a home base for the Gotham Gang War.

Event 1. Burn, Kill, Destroy

Hamilton Hill is looking out a window in his campaign headquarters, located in the Upper West Side, surveying a Gotham on fire. He hears police cars race by and bullets fire off in the distance. He sees the yellow glow of fire in scattered spots across the city and smoke blocking off the light of the moon. It's late, Hill looks at the clock to see that it's 15 minutes past 3, but he remains up, prepared for whatever may come. Suddenly, Hill's campaign manager walk into the room, informing him that the building and surrounding area have been secured, and that his goons have secured enough guns and ammunition to properly defend the area. Hill will take in these successful developments and begin to think. Then, a few seconds later, he will relay his new orders to his campaign manager. Using the chaos in Gotham as an opportunity, Hill will order his lackeys across the city to, as he puts it, "Burn, kill, destroy", with orders to use the cover of Gotham's present situation to target Harvey Dent's supporters and campaign. Hill's followers will be ordered to cross every street in Gotham, attacking and torching Dent's campaign headquarters alongside the home or store of anyone with a Dent sign or bumper sticker publicly displayed. Hill believes that with flames already taking parts of the city, his loyal band of fiends will be able to go on their murderous rampage of destruction undetected, or at the very least detected but without any link to himself. With that, the order is given, and the Gothamite supporters of Harvey Dent now have a target on their head amid the gang warfare engulfing the city.

Event 2. The Defiance of Misery

Even as Gotham slips into chaos, Hamilton Hill continues to hit the streets, meeting with voters and canvassing in the city as he shows defiance to the situation impacting Gotham. His campaign will remain active in the face of the gang war, with Hill being out and about on the trail with his revolver and remaining open for any interviews which come his way. Gotham is in misery, but just as he maintained defiant perseverance when struck with the acid that has deformed his face, Hamilton Hill now stands in public defiance of the turmoil in Gotham, as much as he may be aiding this turmoil behind the scenes.

Event 3. The Giving Hill

Hamilton Hill is sitting down in his campaign office, sipping a glass of whiskey. While his goons were out and about in Gotham, burning down the homes of Dent supporters, Hill had just announced that he would be donating to a series of relief organizations for those affected by the violence in the city, digging into his savings to help the Gothamites he hoped to fight for as Mayor. He had a funny thought and laughed. He truly was the two-faced man of Gotham.

Event 4. The Final Piece

Detective Flass is sitting in his study, looking over his desk. He has all of the evidence he has laid out, and as he looks over everything he has, he ponders. What could it be? What could be the final piece to all of this? Who is the Bat? At this point he didn't even care about finding Batman's identity for the GCPD's old guard. This wasn't for them anymore. He would give them the information to get his paycheck, but this case had consumed Flass, and he was determined to solve it for himself. He would be the one to find the Bat. If Dent wasn't the Bat, someone else was, and Flass would find this someone. Suddenly, Flass heard shooting outside. He knew he couldn't be trapped in his home all day, and grabbed his gun before venturing out onto the war-torn streets of Gotham, ready to solve this case once and for all.

Event 5. A Struggle For Power

Commissioner Grogan sat down in his office, staring into the void as he retreated deep into thought. While Gotham burned, he had just spent all afternoon meeting with officer after officer of the GCPD. He wasn't Loeb, these meetings weren't like his mad demands for loyalty or sick purging carried out by the anti-corruption unit. These meetings were simply to gauge the loyalties of the force between his own moves towards moderate, incremental reforms to preserve the current system, and what he viewed as Gordan's rash, mad calls for reforms which would only divide and destroy the force. He knew a struggle for power was brewing in the force, and he intended to win it. Rallying both the Old Guard and moderates in the GCPD turned off by Gordon's radical ideology, and exercising his authority as Commissioner, Grogan would set to work blocking Gordon's recent actions. Grogan would move to halt Gordon's mass investigations and attempts at reform in favor of small scale removals of the most blatantly corrupt and repugnant cops in the force, public declarations that corruption is on its way out, and assurances to the Old Guard of the force that their connections with the Falcones and other operations would only need to occur more quietly than usual, and would not be forced into ending by his Commissioner's office.

Event 6. Casting Your Lot Amid Chaos

Commissioner Grogan would walk away from a crowd of reporters. He had just assured the people of Gotham that the force was doing everything it could to end the current gang war and bring stability to the ravaged city. Of course, the GCPD was responding to the violence, but only to a point, ensuring that the interests of the Falcones and the GCPD's private partners were preserved in the conflict. When it comes to war, there is no escaping casting your lot, and Grogan was certain the GCPD had casted its lot properly as he maintained the interests of the Old Guard in the bloody conflict striking Gotham.

1. Vicki Vale will hold a large discrete meeting, invite only, to expand the ranks of the Friends of The Bat
  2. The Knox Times will publish a news article about the distasteful past of the Falcone family, and questions if they can really be heroes to the city as they posit.
  3. The Gazette publishes an article about the gang wars, asking if Batman can be the hero to help run the city away from falling asunder.
  4. The Gazette does a neutral article about the mayoral race.
  5. The Gotham City Radio gets hijacked by a rogue reporter, who calls for The Riddler to be an example to all men women and children of the city, before quickly being cut off and returning to your scheduled programming.

Homebase: Upper West Side

Base: Wayne Tower

1. Bruce Wayne gives a quick news interview as he places Wayne Enterprises on lockdown, and orders all Wayne Security personell to defend to Tower, and assets, such as Gotham Bank. Wayne is seen leaving the city on his private jet, where he explicitly says on live TV, "This city is fucked. We need the military. We need real help. Not mental nutjobs in capes, not crazy clowns on TV. I call on the United States Government to send HELP to Gotham. And CLEAN these plagues in our city once and for all." He'd storm off.

2. As Wayne enterprises is placed on armored lockdown. With high amounts of security, and metal shielding all over the building, Bruce knows it's time to go full time Batman. He's able to sneak in and set up a base at the top of the tower. Next to Lucius Fox's office in a secret room hidden behind a large book shelf. Lucius and Bruce discuss the fate of the city. And what their next moves should be.

3. Batman calls on some help from an old acquaintance. Catwoman to infiltrate multiple organizations from the Falcones, to the Riddler, Joker, and Hugo Strange. He also asks Zatanna to help and wipe some memories of prominent criminals... especially Hugo Strange. Batman also explores the possibility of recruiting John Blake. (Like in the Dark Knight Rises) A sharp detective for GCPD... who wants change. Batman knows he can trust him hopefully. 

4. Batman sets out ready to fight Cobblepot to the last man. 

5. Batman will use the Bat wing and attempt to take on the armies of the Joker, Riddler, and anyone else who wants some. 

Episode 18 – The Lines are Drawn

Wayne Tower: 7

Scorched Earth Campaigning: 11

Slaughter Swamp: 3

Friends of the Bat: 9

Can Batman do it: 10

Riddler Rogue: 13

Scoping out Hill, and Dent: 15

Flass: 4

Sofia Falcone: 20

Donation: 9

Not killing children: 16

Root out Corruption: 6

Investigations: 4

Power Struggle: 20

Bruce sat in the secondary batcave he had built under Wayne Tower, watching as the situation map lit up like a Christmas tree. Reporters were coming in from all over the city of police being overrun, and criminals setting up headquarters in sections of the city. “I have a feeling this is going to turn into a long night.” he could hear Lucius say from behind him, “Get used to a lot more of those.” Bruce responded. “Has the lock-down on Wayne Tower been successful?” he asked Lucius, “Partially, there’s been minor damage to the exterior from some of Penguin’s forces.” Lucius answered. “So long as the building is mostly safe, we have more important matters to attend to.” Bruce said in response, flicking on the 3d tactical holo-map. “Onto new business, and priority one.” Bruce said, as he, and Lucius began to plan how to take Gotham back.

*/*/*/*/*

Meanwhile in Slaughter Swamp

Penguin used his umbrella to flip over a log as he trudged deeper into the swamp. Cursing under his breath as his foot sank into a small pool of sludge. Scarecrow stepped over the puddle. "What are we doing here?" He asked Cobblepot, completely monotone. "There's a city out there for the taking."

The Penguin shook his foot, in an attempt to get some of the stagnant water out of his shoe. "I know, I know. We're just picking up someone who can help us make the most of the situation." Cobblepot led Scarecrow further in to Slaughter Swamp. As they reached the centre the swamp began to bubble and a figure began to emerge. The Penguin chuckled. "May I introduce you to Solomon Grundy."

As the figure came into view, Penguin could see it was massive, hulking, and… Green? “Do not disturb the green.” Swamp Thing warned. “I assume that’s not who you wanted us to find?” Scarecrow asked, “Now just hold on!” Penguin said, before clearing his throat, “I think the two of us can begin a lovely partnership.” he propositioned. Swamp Thing raised one of its fists, and slammed it down, as Penguin dodged away in the nick of time. The two criminals took the hint, and ran back to Gotham, exhausted, and sore.

*/*/*/*/*

Gunfire rattled across the Upper West Side. The entire neighbor hood had become a battle ground between Hamilton Hill’s militia, and the Vicki Vale led Friend’s of Batman militia. Hill’s forces had a slight advantage, and had turned their territory into a living Hell for anyone who supported Harvey Dent. Unbeknownst to the Hill, and Dent militias, they had been infiltrated by agents of the Riddler, feeding him detailed information about the movements of both forces. The Riddler himself had garnered a reputation for himself as a nice guy, for a supervillain, after leaving a bag of (stolen) cash on the doorstep to Gotham University, and ordering his forces to not attack minors.

*/*/*/*/*

Flass struggled as he tried to get Sofia Falcone to release her grip from his throat. “Who is Batman?” the Roman’s daughter asked him, “I don’t know.” Flass choked out. Sofia squeezed harder on the ex cop’s throat, Flass felt as if his larynx was about to bust. “Who?” she asked again, insistent that she would not let go until she got an answer. Flass searched his brain for someone, anyone that could be Batman. As the last bit of oxygen in his lungs turned to carbon-dioxide, Flass grabbed the first name that he could think of. “Batman, is,” he started, “Bruce, Wayne.” he said straining to say every word. Sofia remained stone faced for a moment, Flass thought he was done for, of all the people in Gotham he could have said, he went with Bruce Wayne. Sofia released Flass, who fell into Finger River with a hard smack, being swept down river… To Ace Chemicals Plant.

*/*/*/*/*

Gordon lit a cigarette as he looked out his office window. He pensively stared at the smoke rising from the city into the sky. His attempts had been stonewalled at every turn by Grogan, and his allies. As one middle-of-the-road officer had told Gordon when he had requested a full investigation of Grogan’s expense account, “Now isn’t the time for infighting Jim, Gotham is on fire.” Gordon rubbed his temples with his fist, Gotham was burning, and Grogan had won the power struggle for the GCPD. The reform movement was right, and truly stalled, for now. He listened to his radio, the hosts debating whether or not Batman can be the hero the city needs. “All these costumed crazies, and wackjob criminals, its all Batman’s fault.” one of the hosts said, “I think that’s a bit unfair, Batman’s the one fighting against these guys.” the other host disagreed. Before the conversation could continue, static overtook the station. Gordon smacked his radio, trying to get it to work. “The Riddler has a sigma male grindset, and should be the gold standard for Gotham’s men, women, and children for the next thousand years.” a voice said, before again being overtaken by static.

Episode 19 – Law and Disorder

Assault on Gotham Central: 12

Good Cops: 8

Recruit John Blake: 14

Jammed Comms: 17

Chaos: 12

John Blake took cover behind his police car as a number of browshirt thugs pinned him down with a hail of bullets. “Dispatch this is car 14-Adam, Officer Jackson Todd is down, we’re getting chewed up out here!” he yelled into his radio. Being met with static, Blake cursed under his breath. An armed thug charged at Blake’s position, holding him at gunpoint. “Shit.” Blake uttered, clenching his eyes, and expecting to met with eternity.

Instead, he was met with a scream. Opening his eyes, Blake saw that the hug who had threatened him had been knocked unconscious. Blake looked to the streets in front of him, seeing that his savior had been none other than Batman, who had then gone to work on the other thugs. Seeing the Batman in action, something stirred in Blake, who charged into the heat of battle. Together Batman, and Blake were able to make quick work of the thugs.

John turned to Batman, “We did some pretty good work together.” he said. Batman walked towards Blake’s police car, “Why didn’t the GCPD send any reinforcements?” he questioned, “I asked for backup, but my radio’s on the fritz.” John answered. Batman inspected the radio for a moment, before telling Blake, “It’s not just your radio that’s down, someone’s disabled all police communication.”

“We have to warn Gordon, and the others down at Central!” Blake said, attempting to start his car. When the engine sputtered, Blake said, “Crap, looks like we’re walking.” Batman tapped on his gauntlet, “I have a ride.” he said, as the Batmobile raced to the two men’s location. “Get in.” Batman ordered to Blake as he got in the driver’s seat. “Wha- Really?” Blake asked, taking Batman’s stern glare as a yes.

*/*/*/*/*

As the Batmobile barreled down the streets to Gotham Central, Batman, and John Blake were able to get a read on the situation. “These are Penguin’s men.” Blake observed as the batmobile ran through a group of thugs, “Did he jam our communications?” he questioned. “Cobblepot doesn’t have this kind of technology, or the expertise needed to do this.” Batman answered before the Batmobile came to a screeching halt in front of Gotham Central.

Batman ejected into the air, while Blake scrambled out of the Batmobile, and joined the GCPD’s front line. Batman quickly took out the snipers on the rooftops across from Gotham Central, before diving into the heart of the mob. Thanks to the intervention of Batman, Gotham Central lived to see another day.

After the fighting died down, John Blake caught his breath by the side of Gotham Central. “You’ve got potential.” Batman said from behind him. Blake jumped in shock, not expecting the Dark Knight to sneak up on him. “And you’ve got passion.” Batman continued, “But you still have a lot to learn.” the Dark Knight said, rising from his squatting position. “I want you to work for me,” Batman offered, “Be my inside man in the GCPD.” he continued. “Deal.” John Blake said, turning away for a moment, “So wha-” he started, before realizing that Batman had silently left.

Episode 20 – City of Fear

Batwing: 19

Fear: 15

“I’ve analyzed some of the nerve toxin that Scarecrow poisoned me with last time we met.” Batman said, as he looked at the chemical readout of Scarecrow’s fear toxin. “Now that I’ve isolated the chemical makeup of the gas, I can see where its being stored.” he continued, typing into the Batcomputer to find where Scarecrow was storing his fear gas. “The airport?” Batman questioned as the results of his search came up, “He’s planning on gassing the city!” Batman said in realization. “Well he’s not going to succeed.” he continued, ringing Lucius up, “Lucius is the Batwing ready for field duty?” he asked, “Yes, Mr. Wayne.” Lucius answered, “And by the way, have you ever thought of getting a partner?” he asked. “It would certainly reduce the monologuing.” he continued, “Be quiet Lucius.” Batman said annoyed, as he got into the cockpit of the Batwing.

Scarecrow spread his fear toxin all across the Hill district, turning the already frenzied rioters into mindless killing machines. People were ripping each others throats out, thinking they were inhuman monsters. Before Scarecrow was able to spread his toxin further throughout the city, his crop duster was attacked by the Batwing. Batman shot down the Scarecrow’s plane, sending into a downward spin before it crashed into Otisburg.

Episode 21 – Gotham Burning

Civility in Politics: 11

Amusement Mile: 17

Allies: 16

Gotham Banks: 19

Harvey twisted, and turned in his hospital bed. Whatever the Joker had injected in him felt like it was burning him up inside. “B-Batman?” he questioned as he saw the instantly recognizable cowl walk towards his bed. “What’s, happening to me?” he asked, before Batman took a blood sample from his neck. After a moment of silence the device that Batman used to test Harvey’s blood beeped. “You gotta help me.” Harvey pleaded. Batman socked him in the face, knocking him out.

*/*/*/*/*

Catwoman cartwheeled across rooftops, before setting up a listening post across from Amusement Mile. “Cat to Bat, reporting in that Joker has taken full control of Amusement mile.” she said into her communicator, “It’s a bloodbath down there.” she continued, zooming in to get a better look at the amusement park. “The Falcone’s have cleaned out Gotham Central Bank, now I need to get back to Coventry before Riddler suspects something.” Catwoman ended. “Understood Catwoman, stay safe out there.” Batman radioed back.

*/*/*/*/*

Harvey awoke in a strange, damp place. He could hear a babbling brook, and the squeel of bats. Rising from the bed he had woken up in, Harvey realized that he had been stuck in a cell. His eyes adjusting to the darkness, he could see Batman working on his computer. “Hey Bruce, what did you do to me!?” Harvey asked, as he banged on the side of his cell. “You’re finally awake.” Batman said, as he walked towards Harvey. “You can’t just lock me in cell without my consent, Bruce.” Harvey protested, “I’m sorry Harvey, but its for your own good.” Batman said, “Joker injected you with a slow acting prion disease, attacking your brain, and turning you… into him.” he explained. “My god!” Harvey said, stumbling backwards, “Since its so slow acting, I may be able to save you,” Batman said, “But if I can’t, I needed to make sure you wouldn’t pose a threat.” he continued.

Episode 22 – World’s Finest

Robbery Gotham Heights: 7

Federal Response: 20

The Batmobile raced down the street to Gotham Heights after being alerted to the Penguin moving is forces into the neighborhood. “You’ll be pleased to learn that the government has sent Gotham some help.” Lucius said over the Batmobile’s communicator. “How many men?” Batman asked, “Just one.” Lucius answered. “What?” Batman asked incredulously, “Don’t worry, he’ll be there soon, faster than a speeding bullet.” Lucius answered.

Batman ejected from the Batmobile as soon as he reached Gotham Heights. He quickly went to work beating the tar out of Penguin’s men. Despite his best efforts, he was soon surrounded by the Penguin’s thugs. Batman grit his teeth as he thought of a way out of this. At that moment, a red, and blue blur shot through the group of enemies.

“I had it handled.” Batman said as the blur came to a stop next to him. “Sure, surrounded by bad guys, you definitely had it handled.” Superman said. “Quiet, there’s still a lot of enemies around.” Batman said, observing the Penguin’s soldiers organizing into a formation. “Well then let’s take them down.” Superman said. And so the world’s two finest superheroes went to work taking down the rest of the Penguin’s thugs.

Batman ducked under the strike of one of the thugs, before jamming a fist into the criminal’s gut. Meanwhile, Superman made easy work of a group of thugs who seemed insistent on shooting at him, despite the fact all of their bullets would bounce off of him. As Batman knocked out another thug, one of Penguin’s men fired his gun at him. Superman caught the bullet, crushing it with his hand, before knocking out the shooter.

After all of the thugs were knocked out, Batman, and Superman shook hands in the middle of the empty street. “It’s good to finally see you in action, Batman.” Superman said as he released Bruce’s hand. “It’s nice to know the government is so concerned about Gotham,” Batman said, “But I have a feeling there’s something more at play here.” he continued. “To tell you the truth, the President has come up with a plan to revive the old Justice Society of America, and he wanted me to ask you to join.” Superman admitted. Before Batman could respond, Superman rotated westward, “Hey, I have to go, there’s flooding in Bangladesh,” he said as he leaped into the sky, “At least think about my offer, alright?” he called down before flying off.

Episode 23 – Election Season

Neutral Mayor: 3

Misery: 8

Giving: 6

Surrogates: 5

Flyers: 2

TV Ads: 17

Blackmail: 6

Mario for Mayor: 12

Joker for Mayor: 8

Falcone Past: 14

The election, predictably, has descended into chaos. Both campaigns have been met with trouble in the streets of Gotham as their on the ground campaigning has resulted in death, destruction, and assault. The only positive on either side has been a series of well produced Harvey Dent ads. Mario Falcone, having failed to convince Hamilton Hill to withdraw, has called on the city council to allow new candidates to enter the race, but his momentum has been stinted by a scathing article in the Gotham Gazette detailing some of the sordid history of the Falcone criminal empire. All is not smooth sailing for the Gazette however, as they are coming under fire for not taking one side, or another in an increasingly polarized election.

Episode 24 – Blast on Blackgate

Cobblepot: 2

Assault Blackgate Isle: 20

Strange: 17

Batman flew over Blackgate prison, observing the situation. The Penguin’s forces had overrun the prison, freeing the criminals, and turning it into a living hell for anyone in a staff, or guard uniform. Spotting a group trying to fend of a mob of inmates on the roof, Batman dove out of the Batwing to aid in their defense.

Batman was able to knock one thug out from diving onto him, but the others wouldn’t go down so easily. Batman put up a spirited defense, allowing the group of guards enough time to get away, but there were so many enemies. The inmates surrounded Batman, one of them even nicking him with a metal pipe. Taking advantage of the Dark Knight’s stunned state, one of the bigger inmates grabbed Batman’s arm, and twisted. After getting his arm broken, Batman was struck across the face with the metal pipe from earlier. Falling to the ground, Batman released a smoke bomb before slipping off the roof to the cliff-side below. Batman’s world was overtaken by darkness as he passed out, as an unseen figure dragged him to safety.

Meanwhile, Blackgate’s resident Psychologist Hugo Strange fended off Penguin’s thugs as they attempted to break down his door. The doctor blasted at his foe with the revolver that the Roman had gifted him. Eventually, Strange ran out of bullets, and was overrun by the Penguin’s forces. He himself would have been captured, if not for the fact that he dove out of a window a split second before his office door gave way.

*/*/*/*/*

“Faster than a rabbit mom, just watch!” Bruce yelled as he chased after a rabbit as his family picnicked on the Wayne Manor Grounds. “Look at that boy run, we’ve got an athlete on our hands!” Thomas yelled as he watched his son, “Bruce, what are you going to do with it when you catch it?” Martha asked as Bruce continued to run. “Won’t get away from me!” Bruce yelled as the rabbit escaped into one of its holes. “Don’t go in that hole!” Martha ordered as Bruce poked his head into the hole, “Bruce!” Martha yelled as Bruce fell into the depths of the Earth.

Bruce fell down a deep dark hole, into a pit of skreeing bats. “Oww!” Bruce yelled when he landed, clutching his knee. “Go away!” Bruce yelled as the bats swarmed around him, “Go away!” he yelled again, before the bats retreated further into the caves. Bruce pressed his back into a chest high rock, taking panicked breaths.

Then, something shuffled out of sight, sucked the stale air, and hissed. Gliding with ancient grace, unwilling to retreat as his brothers did, eyes glaring with hatred, claimed Bruce as his own.

*/*/*/*/*

“I believe he’s waking up.” Bruce could hear Alfred say, as he felt someone put his arm in a splint. The batboat bounced along the waves as it sailed, “Careful man, you’re bouncing around too much.” a boy told him, “No, not bouncing me, don’t worry,” Bruce said as his vision returned to him, “Stretcher’s on a gyroscope, stays level no matter what.” he explained. “That’s keen.” the boy said.

Bruce looked at the source of the voice, and realized that it was Dick Grayson that saved him. “Dick?” he questioned, “What are you doing out here?” he continued, “Alfred sent me here after you broke your arm.” Dick answered. Bruce was miffed that Alfred had let Dick into the Batcave without Bruce’s consent, but he supposed that it was for a good cause. “How’d you learn to set an arm, and make a splint?” Bruce asked Dick, “Haly’s circus didn’t have a permanent physician, so if one of the clowns fell of his trike while juggling, one of us had to take care of him.” Dick answered. “You just rest now sir, don’t try to speak.” Alfred told Bruce over the communicator, “We’re only moments from the cave.” he said, as Bruce fell back asleep.

*/*/*/*/*

Back in the Batcave, Bruce leaves Alfred, and Dick behind. Ditching his cape, and cowl he leaves it all behind. He goes to the dark place, where a six year old Bruce first discovered the caves. Before his parents died, before he learned what he is. The place, where he first met it. He feels like he’s dying, but he can’t die. He isn’t finished yet, and it isn’t finished with him. The bat sucks the stale air, and hisses, before landing on Bruce’s head. After a few stark moments of contemplation, Bruce realized what he had to do with Dick. (Free event next turn for Pringles to decide what to do with Dick Grayson)

• Like 3

Meter Positions at The Start of Turn 7:

Approve/Disapprove/Unsure&Don’t Know

Mayor Approval: 10%/70%/20%

DA Approval: 50%/20%/30%

GCPD Approval: 30%/50%/20%

City Council Approval: 20%/62%/18%

Batman Approval: 85%/5%/10%

Mayoral Race Second Round Polls (Debate cancelled due to gang war):

Harvey Dent: 22%

Hamilton Hill: 20%

Undecided: 58%

Trust in the Media: 3/10 Following the hijacking of the radio by a Riddler fanatic, and the 'too neutral' mayoral article, Gothamites trust their media a bit less.

Safety: 0/10 The war continues, with a few minor victories on both sides being overshadowed by the capture of Blackgate Prison by the Penguin.

Economic Growth: 2/10 As the gang war drags into its second month, the economy continues to sag.

Quality of Life: 2/10 Still very bad, but the situation seems stable.

Unrest: 4/20 Riots, and looting are still daily occurrences. At least it hasn't gotten any worse?

Budget: 3/10 No major spending changes sees the budget stay moderately red.

Corruption: 3/10 Grogan has won the power struggle within the GCPD, the Old Guard has stabilized.

Knight-Playboy: 20/100 Batman continues his hard nosed approach to crime fighting. 

Map:

good_bad_bat_map.jpg.98f6ea802a65a02f96f8774ccdf3877a.jpg

• Based 1

1 - Penguin paraded through the halls of Blackgate Prison. He was a rockstar! Former Prisoners shook his hands and patted his back as he passed by them. He suddenly felt himself move from the ground as he was greeted in a bear hug by two of his old compatriots - Tweedledum and Tweedledee. Ozwald smiled before heading deeper into the prison. To the sub levels. Finally, he approached what looked like a huge vault. Home to hopefully his newest Lieutenant.

The Penguin ordered the cell opened so that he could talk to Bane.

2 - The Penguin and his closest men returned to the mainland covertly. Gotham was in flames and Cobblepot was going to take advantage of this, but first he wanted to build himself a strong coalition. And so, he returned to the mainland if Gotham and made his way to the botanical gardens. A new face had appeared on the scene and Oz was in a friend making mood. Cobblepot attempts to recruit Poison Ivy.

3 - With his reachings out complete The Penguin and his now swollen ranks make their way to Gotham City. Upon landing at the harbor the Penguin have his orders. First was the most simple - Robberies, large gangs of thugs are to carry out robbery after robbery on the most affluent areas of Gotham City.

4 - Now Oswald has a score to settle. He, Scarecrow, the Tweedles and his other new lieutenants (If they chose to join him) Begin the hunt for Carmine "The Roman" Falcone. It's time Gotham's underground took a change in leadership. And not to toot his own horn but The Penguin was just the man. Unlike the other contenders he has a large organization, has gone one on one with the Bat and that's not even mentioning the fact that he's sane. The Roman dies tonight.

5 - It the Batman wants a fight then he shall receive one. The Penguin had never been better, large numbers, new lieutenants, as well as some returning ones, and new tech. He knew that Batman was hunting him, wanting to end him, so he would rise to the occasion. Tonight, this riot set the stage for the final showdown. Tonight they would face each other and end it all.

• Like 1

Joker: PI

The Joker happily skipped through the Amusement Mile. It was a warzone with loud music and bright colours. As the Joker pranced through the park he saw people in the same gang colours opening fire on each other, cops turning on cops. It was beautiful, he reached them. This was all he wanted, violence, that was his message over the intercom. Form groups, hunt others, then turn on each other. And that's what was happening, of course some hadn't heeded his orders but that didn't matter, they were hunted by the ones who did. 

The Joker returned to Ace Chemical Plants. Trudging through neighboring forests he saw a figure lying at the side of the river. Laughing he picked up the man, lugging him over his shoulder and returned to his birthplace. 

The plant was just as he left it. Dead guards floating in the acid, not everyone could stand it as he did. And the labs, oh the labs, home of his favourite concoctions. They were as he left them. Formulas distilling and the scientists sat around the room, permanent smiles across their faces, not having moved from the positions he left them in. A result of the Joker's other formula.

The Joker scooped up the four vials of purple liquid he had left after he set Flass in a chair. He loaded one into a syringe before kneeling in front of Flass. He lifted the large detectives arm and jabbed the needle into his wrist. He smiled as he pushed the plunger down. The Joker stood, turned around, and left the plant, laughing his same maniacal laughter.

I Have a Dream

The Joker made his way through an apartment building. A pipe swung at his head, he deftly ducked before swinging his knife up, piercing the neck of the assailant. He loved going out! 

He continued his ascent, keeping a firm grip of the metal apparatus in his hand. The green haired psychopath reached the roof of the apartments. He took in a deep breath as he overlooked the burning city. 

He set down his apparatus, a large speaker and microphone.

"Haaaaahaaaaaa hoooooohoooooo heeeeeheeeee haaaahaaaa" He screeched from the rooftop, his laughter echoing throughout the street.

"People of Gotham!" He announced. "Tis I! You're favourite Mayoral Candidate and evening entertainer.... The Joker!!! And I'm here with a very important message."

"Go crazy!!"

"Folks, we're on our way to my dream, utter chaos. People chasing others down, smashing, burning. We're doing it! Now we've just got to go that but further. Shed that little bit of inhibition that remains, push those who think they're still sane to insanity! I'll help you! I've even brought something along!"

By this time people had gathered. Some enamored by the Joker, others booing him and hurling rocks and whatever was to hand at him, the occasional shot was fired. GCPD cars and vans pulled up, attempting to contain the Joker, maybe even capture him.

But that wasn't going to happen.

The Joker prepared his second device. And industrial fan. The madman activated it and emptied his remaining purple vials into it. The cloud descended upon the crowd and before long they were overcome with fits of coughing. The Joker began to once again laugh his horrible laugh. This wasn't concentrated enough to make them into him, but it'd derange them, make them true agents of chaos.

And at the end of the day, that was enough.

• Like 1

Dent is back in his office and will send out assistant District Attorneys to begin prosecution of criminals arrested during the gang war.

Dent will meet with the Mayor and City Council where he encourages them to send more cops into the street and to establish a curfew in order to stop gang violence

Dent and his surrogasurrogates will run newspaper ads where it states his campaign platform of bringing law and order to Gotham

Edited by Kitten
  • Like 1

1. The Riddler will flood the streets with flyers with a question. “Two corrupt screwballs for mayor? No thank you, write in Joker make Gotham great again!”

2. The Riddler will put effort into finding out Batman’s identity.

3. The Riddler himself will once again do a little good sending goons to mug the wealthy of Gotham and donate the money to expand funding for Gotham’s scientific community.

4. The Riddler will call for a meeting with The Penguin, Joker and Scarecrow to even divide Gotham amongst them.

5. The Riddler will once again hack into Gotham’s Board of elections maybe helping the dead vote for a more chaotic Gotham.

• Like 1

@Pringles @Dobs @Rezi @Rodja @The Blood I still need your events for turn seven.

1.Sofia Falcone after finding out Batman's identity last turn will attempt to break into Wayne Manor and kill Bruce Wayne

2.The Roman organizes biggest drug trafficking of the decade hoping to benefit from attention being diverted to gang wars

3.Mario Falcone will host events in restauraunt Falcone Casa promoting peace and stability in the city.

4.Dr.Hugo Strange attempts to develop mind control engine

5.Dr.Strange will attempt to use his device if successful on Joker to get him to cooperate with Falcone gang

6.Falcone thugs will attempt to seize City Bank

Edited by Rodja
  • Like 1

1. The Gazette will report on the race in favor of Harvey Dent
  2. Alexander Knox will launch a new investigative report into the GCPD, trying to set up a takedown.
  3. Vicki Vale requests another meeting with Bruce Wayne @Pringlesin his mansion.
  4. The Gotham radio reports on the penguin
  5. the Gotham TV reports on the joker
  6. The friends of the bat will patrol their area of the upper west side along with the Gotham U. Defense League
  • Like 1

I still need events from @Pringles @The Blood Tagging you on here, just in case you didn't see my ping on Discord.

Edited by WVProgressive