The Political Lounge

Batman I: Gotham in Flames

WVProgressive

1. Seeing opportunity, Hamilton Hill will continue his campaign of destruction against Dent supporters in the Upper West Side, and will organize for his goons to wear pro-Batman apparel to slip into the Friends of the Bat territory and wreak havoc down on them.

2. Hamilton Hill will propose a bill in the city council to dramatically increasing the funding and powers of the GCPD to prevent another senseless gang war such as this.

3. Hamilton Hill will continue his campaign for Mayor, declaring that without divisive and self-interested politicians like Dent, Gotham would not have fallen to its current state.

4. With the struggle for power in the GCPD won, Grogan will turn his full focus to the gang war. Knowing that the city can only be taken back one step at a time, he will organize a mass GCPD operation to take the city hall district back from the Ventriloquist and Scarface.

5. Meanwhile, on the side, Grogan will continue to steer GCPD operations to be in line with the moves of the Falcones in the gang war.

6. Trapped in Ace Chemical Processing Plant, Detective Flass will attempt to make his escape and fight his way out.

• Like 1

1. Bruce will decline the interview with Vale. He isnt coming back to Gotham for the timebeing. (says his secretary).

2. Batman patrols the streets for Penguin. 

3. Batman recruits Grayson to become a concealed, crime fighter like himself. (Robin/Nightwing)

4. Batman calls on superman to help him fight the criminals out of Gotham. 

5. Batman continues the hunt for Joker. 

6. Batman will attempt to have Zatanna brain wipe Hugo Strange. 

• Like 1

Episode 25 – A Bat, and a Billionaire

Falcone Defense: 17

Kill Bruce Wayne: 1

Wayne: 1

Sofia Falcone pounded on the door to Wayne Manor, clutching the cold metal thing in her coat. Bruce Wayne, the son of Thomas Wayne, was Batman. That’s what Private I Arnold Flass had told her, before she dropped him into the cold waters of Finger River.

As Sofia moved to pound the door again, it opened. “Sofia Falcone?” Bruce asked as he peek out the crack in the door he had made, “What are you doing here at this time of night?” he asked. “I, wanted to talk about your father.” Sofia lied, “My father?” Bruce asked, “I know he, knew your father.” Bruce hesitated. “Yes, he saved his life once.” Sofia continued, recalling the incident where Thomas Wayne had performed emergency surgery on a young Carmine Falcone at the behest of Carmine’s father.

Bruce allowed Sofia into his Father’s home, and took a meeting with her in Wayne Manor’s parlor. “Thank you for allowing me into your home, Mr. Wayne.” Sofia said, looking around the room. “You’re welcome, now why did you wish to talk to me about my father?” Bruce asked, not wasting any time. “I wanted to know,” Sofia began, taking the pistol out of her coat, “What he would think of you dressing up as a flying rodent?” she said, pointing the pistol at Bruce’s face. “What the hell are you talking about?” Bruce asked, standing up from his seat. “I know who you are, I know what you’ve done to my family,” Sofia began. “I know you’re-

Crash

Before Sofia could finish, a giant bat creature crashed through one of the windows to Wayne Manor’s ground floor parlor. “What the hell?” Sofia yelled as she pointed her gun rapidly at both Bruce, and the Batman. “Dammit Flass!” she yelled before being socked in the jaw by Batman. She awoke a few hours later in the GCPD holding cell, back to square one with regards to Batman’s identity.

*/*/*/*/*

Nice work Harvey.” Bruce complemented, shaking Harvey’s hand, “You make a better Batman than I expected.” he complimented. “I’m surprised I fit into the suit!” Harvey said with a laugh, “Now, uh, does this mean I’m clear to go home?” he asked. Bruce nodded “Yes, just make sure you call me if you have the urge to go on any crime sprees.” Bruce answered. Bruce, and Harvey left each other, as Bruce looked in the Gotham Gazette, scoffing at the sensationalist coverage he was receiving in it. He then hummed in thought, “Hm, Arnold Flass, I wonder if he truly knows, or if he was simply threatened by Falcone.” he said before returning to the batcave.

Episode 26 – Batman & Robin – The Boy Wonder

Boy Wonder: 12

Identity: 11

Muggings: 10

Meeting: 7

“Your nightly coffee, Master Bruce.” Alfred said, presenting Bruce with a tray of 2 coffee cups, one black, and another filled with cream, and sugar. “Thanks, Al.” Bruce said, taking the black coffee. After taking a long draw from his coffee cup, Bruce asked, “Now where’s Dick?” he asked, looking around the batcave. Spotting Dick sneak behind the Batcomputer’s computer banks, Bruce smiled as he sipped his coffee, “Dick get out here now, or I’m going on patrol without you!” he yelled.

Dick dropped down on a table near the Batcomputer, spooking Alfred. “My word!” the butler cried after the young vigilante surprised him, “I got you!” Dick said in triumph. “You would’ve, if I hadn’t seen you go behind the computer banks just before you dropped in on us.” Bruce said. “Have you picked out a name for yourself yet?” he asked, kneeling down next to Dick, “Robin, that’s what my mom used to call me in the circus.” Dick answered. “Batman, and Robin, the dynamic duo, how wonderful!” Alfred said, procuring a camera, “Now say cheese.” he demanded before snapping a picture of Bruce, and Dick in their crime fighting outfits.

*/*/*/*/*

Riddler, Penguin, and Scarecrow sat around a table in a back room in the My Alibi bar. “Would you stop smoking that thing?” Riddler asked Scarecrow, pointing at the fear gas cigarette that he had been puffing for the last hour, “Or at least crack a window, it’s creeping me out.” Riddler said. “Are we waiting on anyone else?” Penguin asked, “We’re still waiting on Joker.” Riddler answered, “That little freak, what do we need him for!?” Penguin yelled, “He does have a significant following among the Gotham underworld.” Riddler said.

A series of yells, and screams emanated from the main room in My Alibi. “What was that?” Penguin asked, “Maybe its Joker.” Riddler said, standing up, and walking to the door. Opening the door, Riddle was met with a fist to the jaw, forcing him to stumble backward. “It’s Batman!” Penguin cried, “And Robin, the Boy Wonder!” Robin yelled as he delivered a kick to Penguin’s head. “Scatter!” Scarecrow said in a raised, yet still monotone voice, slamming a smoke bomb of fear gas to the floor.

Batman, and Robin covered their mouths, before equipping rebreathers to combat Scarecrow’s fear toxin. Though they were able to capture a number of small time criminals at My Alibi, the supervillains all escaped. Riddler made note of Batman’s new sidekick, determining that whoever the Dark Knight was, he had to have a son, or ward of some kind.

Episode 27 – Gotham Stand Up Special

Flass Blood: 13

Dream: 7

Flass escape: 19

TV: 8

Batman vs. Joker: 19

As Flass regained consciousness, he heard the sounds of Joker, and on the Television. "People of Gotham!" He announced. "Tis I! You're favorite Mayoral Candidate and evening entertainer.... The Joker!!! And I'm here with a very important message." the Joker continued. Evening entertainer, Flass thought, being overtaken by a memory, not of his own. He remembered ‘his’ failed comedy career, and he remembered how ‘he’, and ‘his wife’ fought due to not being able to pay the bills. “Go Crazy!” the Joker ordered the crowd.

Flass remembered, ‘he’ went crazy, because of one bad day, something happened, and drove ‘him’ crazy as a coot. He, couldn’t quite remember what it was, though. Flass’s memories were a mixed carton of Neapolitan Ice Cream, made up of his own memories, the Joker’s memories, and odd chimeras of the two.

Flass realized something at that moment, he realized that the Joker hadn’t put any restraints on his arms, and legs. Flass, groggy from the effects of whatever Joker had injected into him, lurched forward uneasily, slamming into the ground. He drug himself out of the laboratory, and into the sewage system below Ace Chemicals.

*/*/*/*/*

Meanwhile, as Flass escapes from Ace Chemicals, the Joker attempts to poison Gotham by using an industrial fan, and a version of his Joker Blood poison. Before the Joker can pour his sick concoction into the fan, Batman, and Robin appear, striking him in the face. The vials that the Joker was holding fell from his hand, and to the ground below, two of them shattering when they hit the pavement.

“No!” The Joker cried, “You’ve ruined everything!” he yelled as he swung his knife at Batman. “You’ve failed, Joker.” Batman said, dodging the Joker’s knife before swinging a fist into his gut. “Give yourself up quietly, and we won’t have to hurt you.” Batman said, trying to reason with the madman. Joker shuffled backward to the ledge of the building, “Where’s the fun in that?” he asked, before leaping off the side of the building. Landing hard in a dumpster, Joker picked up his last remaining vial of Joker blood from the ground, before making his escape.

*/*/*/*/*

Flass crawled through sewage, and wast on his way to freedom, only stopping momentarily to appreciate the sunrise as he neared his journey’s end. A man in the Arkham Asylum prisoner’s uniform dropped in front of the sewage outlet that Flass was climbing out of, surprising the Private I. The Asylumee swung a led pipe at Flass’s head, who dodged it, and grabbed the man’s head. Flass twisted the man’s head, breaking his neck. Looking down at the man’s body, the detective had to suppress a laugh.

Episode 28 – City Council Meeting

Curfew: 13

City Hall district: 16

GCPD-Power: 14

A Gotham SWAT member picked through the aftermath of a battle between the GCPD, and the Ventriloquist’s forces. “Hey look what I found!” he yelled, pulling a puppet from some rubble, “I’m gonna make you an offa ya can’t refuse.” he said, putting on a voice. “Put that down, now!” Gordon yelled at the cop, “That’s evidence, not a play thing.” he told him. “Sorry, Captain.” the cop responded, securing the evidence.

*/*/*/*/*

A skeleton crew of Gotham City Councilors sat in the battle scarred legislative chamber, deliberating the items of the day, almost as if a gang war wasn’t ripping through Gotham at that very moment. Fittingly enough, there were only two pieces of legislation, one each proposed by supporters of Harvey Dent, and Hamilton Hill. One, proposed by Hamilton Hill, gave more funding, and power to the GCPD, while the other, proposed by a Reformist, instituted a curfew for the duration of the Gang War. Unexpectedly, the proceedings went by calmly, and both bills were passed by wide margins. Perhaps it was bipartisanship inspired by a crisis, maybe they just wanted to go back home, whatever it was, it made a usually bitterly divided city council work efficiently.

Episode 29 – A Struggle Continues

Clean Cops: 9

Knox-GCPD: 19

Mafia Cop: 7

Drugs: 9

Alexander Knox crawled on his stomach to avoid detection. He was at Gotham Harbor, camera in hand, and looking for the scoop of the century. A GCPD officer had told him about a potentially massive drug bust going on at the Docks. Admittedly, he did have to give the officer a small cash prize in exchange for his help, but Knox considered it for a good cause.

Knox spied on a group of Falcone’s men as a truck parked in front of them. The back of the truck opened, revealing another of Falcone’s men, and pallets full of cocaine bricks. “Hurry up, we need to offload this product before the cops show up!” one of the men yelled, “Relax man, the cops ain’t gonna do shit.” another man said.

The latter thug’s theory was soon tested, when a police squad car pulled in nearby. “Ah shit.” the first man said, grabbing a pistol from his drawers. “Relax, man.” the latter said, grabbing a cocaine brick from the truck. “Hey, Officer Smith, how’s the wife, and kids?” the man asked as he padded to one of the officers, “Dreaming of a white Christmas.” the officer answered. “Yeah?” the man asked, before putting a rubber band, and a few hundred dollars onto the cocaine brick, “How about an early Christmas gift from uncle Andy?” he said, handing the brick to the officer.

Alexander Knox snapped a picture of the thug handing the officer the cocaine bribe, perfectly positioned, and timed to show what was going one, and who exactly were the perpetrators. The photo would go on to appear as the Knox Times’ front page picture the very next day, complete with the headline Criminals Gift Coke To Officers. So much for the reform movement being dead.

Episode 30 – A Thinning Line

Work with the Bat: 20

Assistant DA: 1

Gordon puffed on his cigarette as he looked at the Gotham night sky. “Why are we even here?” a young officer asked, “We’ve been waiting over an hour, he’s clearly not coming.” he said walking back towards the roof’s exit. “If there’s one thing I’ve learned in my time with him,” Gordon started, turning to the young officer, “It’s to never count out Batman.” he said, his back to the Batsignal. “I appreciate the confidence Captain.” a voice said from behind Gordon, “But I presume you have something important to tell me.” Batman continued as Gordon turned around to face him.

“We’ve lost contact with a team of assistant DA’s that we sent out to help prosecute the criminals we arrested during the assault on the City Hall District.” Gordon explained, “They were on route to the makeshift holding cells we made on Wall Street before we lost contact with them.” he continued. “Where did you lose contact?” Batman asked, “They were supposed to radio in their location every ten minutes, the last time they did that was 30 minutes ago, when they told us they were on Andru Street” Gordon answered. Gordon turned back around, and paced towards the exit, “These people, they’re not cops Batman, they won’t last long without help.” he said solemnly, “I’m sending Sgt. Blake, and a couple of squad cars to assist you.” he continued, looking to see that Batman had disappeared before he had finished. “Every time.” the captain grumbled.

*/*/*/*/*

Batman, and Robin glided down from the rooftops onto Andru Street, “That looks like the transport the Assistant DA’s were riding in.” Robin said as the APC came into view, “And it looks like whoever took the DA’s crashed that truck into it.” Batman added, observing that the APC had been t-boned by a semi-truck. Batman, and Robin landed near the APC, the GCPD having already set up a perimeter around the area. Batman walked over to the cabin of the semi-truck, inspecting the inside.

“It looks like whoever was driving the truck was injured during the crash.” Batman said, observing blood stains on the drivers seat, and steering wheel. “And it looks like they had two escape vehicles.” Robin added after inspecting the road. “By combining this blood sample with the tire tracks Robin found, I should be able to find out who took the DA’s, and where they went.” Batman said as he took a blood sample from the cabin.

After waiting a moment for the blood to be analyzed, Batman’s field tester beeped. “The blood belongs to Arnold Fischer, a known member of the American Nazi Party.” Batman said, “Gee wilikers, the Brownshirts must be behind this!” Robin said in realization. “These tire tracks are from a Toyota Land Cruiser.” John Blake observed, “Fascists using imported cars,” he continued, “Ironic.” he said. “The tracks are going north-east, towards Grant Park.” Batman observed, “Robin, Blake, with me.” Batman said as the Batmobile came to their location.

*/*/*/*/*

The Batmobile screeched to a stop in Grant Park. “Stay in the car, Robin.” Batman said as he, and Officer Blake inspected the seen. “Jesus H…” Blake trailed off as he saw the full devastation of the seen. The assistant DA’s had been strung up, and shot like animals, their bodies defaced with slurs, and insults.

“Get them!” A brownshirt commander ordered as a group of brownshirts charged at Blake, and Batman. Batman made short, brutal work of the fascists who attempted to attack him. Thanks to the help of Officer Blake, Batman, and his young ward Robin, the GCPD took control of Grant Park, and captured a contingent of the Brownshirts top command structure. However, nothing would make up for the loss of the 20 brave assistant District Attorneys who lost their lives that day.

Episode 31 – Friendship

Friends of the Bat: 6

Fake-Friends of the Bat: 14

Donation: 13

Two members of the Gotham U. Defense League inspected a mysterious bag left in front of the university gates. “What the hell is it?” the shorter one, a 1st year Poli-sci student named Mark, asked. “It looks a lot like the other bag we got last month.” the taller one, a 3rd year economics student named Andrew, said. “Why’s it got that green question mark on it?” Mark asked, pointing to the question mark in question with his rifle, “What do I look like, Mark, the guy who put it here?” Andrew asked back annoyed at his junior’s questions. “What the hell are you two doing standing around for!?” a Campus Security Officer named Janus barked, “We found a bag with a weird question mark on it, and we didn’t know what to do with t!” Markus answered sheepishly, “Put it with the other bag, and join up with the rest of your squad, you’re going to be meeting up with a few members of the Friends of Batman militia tonight.” Janus ordered. “Yes sir!” the two students shouted back, before putting the bag of money with the other bag that the university had received the previous month.

*/*/*/*/*

A squad of Gotham U. Defense League militia members trudged through the dark back alleys of the Upper West Side, near the border between Hill’s stronghold, and the Friends of Batman’s stronghold. “What the hell are we looking for?” Markus asked, “Quiet!” the squad’s leader, a Spanish teacher named Edmund said, “I hear something, right behind that burned out pharmacy.” he explained. A few tense moments of silence later, a squad of what appeared to be Bat-Friends came out from behind the Pharmacy.

“You must be from the University.” the leader of the Bat-Friends squad said, “Come on, let’s inspect the border.” he continued. “What are you guys doing hiding in a dark alleyway?” Markus asked, “We had to make sure you weren’t Hill Heads,” the leader explained, “Now come on, we’re wasting time.” he insisted, before moving both squads along, away from the pharmacy. Unbeknownst to the Gotham U. Militia forces, the Bat-Friends were in reality Hill Heads disguised as their enemies. If only they had looked behind the Pharmacy, before moving on, the chaos, and death wrought by the Hill Heads masquerading as Bat-Friends may have been avoided!

Episode 32 – Vote Getting

Flyers: 10

Hack: 5

Pro-Dent: 17

Attack Dent: 7

Newspaper Ads: 18

Falcone Casa: 15

The election, as should be expected, continued to be chaotic, however, Harvey Dent was the clear winner of the month’s struggles. His well produced newspaper ads, combined with favorable coverage by the Gotham media led to a definite bump in the polls. Meanwhile Hamilton Hill came under fire for attacks that some called insensitive, and Mario Falcone created some good news for himself by using Falcone Casa as a bully-pulpit in favor of peace. An attempted hack into the Gotham Elections Board ended in failure, though the would be hacker is still at large.

Episode 33 – Capes and Robbers

Hire More Cops: 13

Superman: 12

Robberies: 3

The Batmobile raced down the streets of Gotham to Burnley, after being alerted to a massive robbery planned by the Penguin. “Batman, Superman finally got back to me about giving you a bit more help.” Lucius said over the communicator, “Good, when can I expect him?” Batman responded. “He said he can’t make it, rebels on Corto Maltese island.” Lucius answered. “Dammit Clark.” Batman grumbled, “But he did say he’s sending someone to help you.” Lucius said, “Who? Batman asked.

“Me, Bruce.” a deep voice said from within Bruce’s head, “He didn’t say.” Lucius answered, “What the hell!?” Batman exclaimed. “Is something wrong?” Lucius asked, “I’ve established a telepathic link between the three of us to facilitate better battlefield communication.” the voice explained. “You must be the friend Clark was talking about.” Batman thought, “Indeed, you’re people call me Martian Manhunter, but you can call me J’onn.” the voice responded. “Alright, J’onn, where are you?” Batman asked, “I’m about to hit Penguin’s mob head on.” Batman continued, “I’m right above you, uncloaking now.” J’onn answered revealing himself to be flying above the Batmobile.

Batman and Robin ejected from the batmobile as it skidded to a stop in front of a group of Penguin’s men. Meanwhile, Martian Manhunter landed on the other end of the crowd with a crash. Some of Penguin’s thugs attempted to fire at Manhunter, but his bullets bounced off the Martian’s skin harmlessly, allowing J’onn to disable them with ease. Batman, and Robin put the power of the Dynamic Duo on full display by teaming up to knock down Penguin thugs bigger, and more numerous than them.

After the battle was over, Batman, and Martian Manhunter shook hands, appreciative of each others efforts. “You did a lot of good work today, Martian Manhunter.” Batman complimented. “Thank you, Batman, now I have to go before people grow suspicious of my private identity.” Manhunter said, before flying off. “Well, I suppose we should help the GCPD get these guys back to the holding cells.” Batman said, turning to Robin.

*/*/*/*/*

“That should be the last of them.” Batman said after throwing the final thug into a holding cell in GCPD Central, “Thanks for your help Batman.” Sgt. Montoya said, “I couldn’t have done it without Martian Manhunter.” Batman said humbly. “I had no idea Martian Manhunter was operating in Gotham.” Montoya said. “Maybe he thought Batman needed the extra help.” Batman heard a familiar voice say from behind him. Turning around, Batman saw Detective John Jones, who winked at him in acknowledgment. “Well, whatever his reason, I’m thankful that he’s out there.” Batman said, smiling, before throwing down a smoke bomb, and leaving unnoticed. “Always a flair for the dramatic, that one.” Montoya said, “What was that all about?” she asked, John shrugged, “Some questions don’t have answers I suppose.”

Episode 34 – Brain Games With Doctor Strange

Brain Wipe: 9

Mind Control: 3

Joker Control: 2

Hugo Strange laid in bed, his mind under assault from an unknown foe. His mental state, and productivity had declined in recent weeks, crippling his efforts to create a mind control device. He twisted, and turned in his bed, Batman, he thought, all of his thoughts recently were of Batman.

Batman needed wealthy in order to pay for all of his toys. He also had to have a reason to dress up as a bat, and scare criminals, one bad day, where everything changed. Wealth, trauma, but something was missing, Hugo thought, but what was it? He didn’t know, but he came out of his days long mental combat more committed than ever to finally figure out who was under the cowl.

Episode 35 – Gotham Ornithological Society

Batman vs. Penguin: 17

Penguin vs. Roman: 17

City Bank: 6

Bane: 16

Poison Ivy: 18

Showdown: 5

Radio: 14

Batman trod over the sea of dead, and dying men. They were members of the Falcone Crime Family, who had attempted to take over the Gotham City Bank. Everything seemed to be going to plan for Gotham’s untouchable crime lord, until Penguin’s men arrived, and shot up the place. On the wall, etched with bullets was a note left for Batman from Penguin. “To Batman, from Penguin, meet me at Gotham First Opera House, come alone.” it read. The Penguin wanted a fight, Batman would give him a fight.

*/*/*/*/*

The Opera, Batman thought, it was always a passion for his father. Something about how they always ended in tragedy appealed to him. Thunder cracked as Batman entered the main theater room of Gotham First Opera House. Surprisingly, the Penguin’s guards had allowed him in without incident. “The boss is waiting for you.” one of them had said. That hadn’t stopped Batman from introducing their heads to the pavement, of course, but it was notable nonetheless.

“I see you honored my little offer.” The Penguin said from his position on the stage. “I suppose you’ll be wanting a little man-to-to fighting, eh?” he continued, putting up his fists. “Give yourself up now, unless you prefer having all of your meals liquidized.” Batman threatened, “Ah, the big scary bat is threatening me!” Penguin mocked, “Except, that isn’t how I remember it happening, last time we met.” he continued, “How’s the hole in your chest?” he said, taking out his cigarette, and laughing.

“It wasn’t half as painful as what I’m about to do to you.” Batman threatened. “Oh sure, I’ll let you fight me…” Penguin trailed off, “After you fight him first!” he yelled as a massive luchador with glowing green eyes dropped from the rafters. “Meet Bane, my newest lieutenant.” Penguin introduced, “What?” he asked, “You didn’t honestly expect me to fight you alone, did ya?” he continued.

Batman dodged away from a charging Bane, observing that the brute’s enhanced strength was coming from a series of tubes injecting a liquid drug into his neck. Batman threw a batarang, cutting off Bane’s venom supply, and sapping his strength. Before Bane could recover from his stunned state, Batman applied a small amount of explosive gel to his fist, and punched Bane in the face with it, knocking him out.

“Well, you took out Bane, I’m impressed.” Penguin said, dropping his cigarette, and stamping it out with his foot. “What this battle needs, is a feminine touch.” the crime boss said, as giant plants bust through the floor of Gotham First Opera House. “Batman, meet Poison Ivy.” Penguin said, “I don’t have the best experiences with women, or environmentalists, but this dame is like nothing seen before.” he continued.

Before Batman could formulate a plan to defeat Poison Ivy, one of Ivy’s plants got up in his face, and released a puff of spores into the Dark Knight’s face. Batman’s brain went fuzzy, and his very will began to be subsumed by one desire, serve Poison Ivy. “Yes, Dark Knight, do not resist,” Poison Ivy purred seductively, “No man ever could.” she continued, as a plant wrapped Batman up, and lifted up face to face with Poison Ivy. Under the control of Poison Ivy, Batman leaned in for a kiss.

Before Ivy could plant her green lips on Batman’s, Robin burst through a window, and delivered a kick to the woman’s face. “This should take care of her little love spell!” the boy wonder yelled as he threw a smoke pellet filled with a special kind of pesticide up at Ivy, and Batman’s faces. The pellet exploded, and Batman was free from Ivy’s mind control, yet began to plummet to the ground when the plant holding him released its grip.

Batman was saved by the quick thinking, and swift feet of Robin, who dived to catch his beloved mentor. “Robin, we need more-” Batman started, “More pesticide?” Robin finished, holding up two pesticide sprayers. “Precisely, my studious ward.” Batman replied, taking one of pesticide sprayers. The two heroes went to quick work disabling the sultry savior of the green with the modified pesticide.

“Pesticide?” Penguin scoffed “Of course you’ve got pesticide in that belt of yours.” he grumbled. “And I see you didn’t actually come alone, like I asked,” he continued, “I know I don’t have much room to talk, but there was a time when masked heroes honored that sort of commitment.” he said. “Can criminal scum.” Batman barked, tired of the Penguin’s ramblings, “Ah, ah ah, not yet Batso.” the Penguin said, “Allow me to reintroduce two old friends.” he said, as two large, rotund twins lept from the stage, and in front of Batman, and Robin.

Tweedledee, and Tweedledum made taunting motions at the two heroes. “Holy twins Batman, what are we going to do?” Robin asked, “Relax, Robin,” Batman told his young sidekick, “I’ll take the one on the right, and you take the one on the left.” he instructed. Batman, and Robin used their speed, and training to gain an advantage over the larger, but slower, and dumber Tweedles. “What’s stuffed into a suit, but covered in red, and yellow?” Robin asked as Tweedledee shuffled uneasily on his feet, “You, after I land on your sorry butt!” he yelled, kicking Tweedledee in the face, before leaping into the air, and landing on his chest.

After Tweedledum fell with a hard thud on the floor following a hard jab from Batman, Batman, and Robin turned their attention to the small bird like man on stage. “No more tricks, Penguin?” Batman asked as he picked the crime boss up, “A shame, I was almost starting to break a sweat.” he said. “Dammit.” was the only thing the bird could sputter, before Batman knocked him unconscious. “Uh, Batman, where did Poison Ivy, and the big guy go?” Robin asked, as Batman saw that the only unconscious bodies on the floor were those of the tweedles. “It seems our foes have given us the slip,” Batman observed, “But only for today!” he cried, “Right now, we need to get these three behind bars.” Batman said, picking up the Penguin's unconscious body.

• Like 1

Meter Positions at The Start of Turn 8:

Approve/Disapprove/Unsure&Don’t Know

Mayor Approval: 10%/65%/25%

DA Approval: 50%/25%/25%

GCPD Approval: 20%/60%/20%

City Council Approval: 25%/50%/25%

Batman Approval: 90%/3%/7%

Mayoral Race Second Round Polls (Election after turn 9):

Harvey Dent: 27%

Hamilton Hill: 20%

Undecided: 53%

Trust in the Media: 4/10 The blockbuster photo supplied by Alexander Knox goes a long way to improving Gothamites' trust in their Media, though sensationalist coverage of the Wayne family prevents it from trending fully positive.

Safety: 0/10 The war goes on... But at least the Penguin is behind bars.

Economic Growth: 2/10 As the gang war drags into its third month, the economy seems bad, but stable.

Quality of Life: 2/10 Still very bad, but it somehow doesn't worsen.

Unrest: 5/20 Riots, and looting are still daily occurrences, but it does seem slightly less intense.

Budget: 2/10 New funding for the GCPD may make Gotham safer in the long run, but the books are begging to be balanced.

Corruption: 4/10 So much for stability... Thanks a lot Knox. The offending officers have been placed on administrative leave, and without proper management, this could lead to another breakthrough for the reformers. 

Knight-Playboy: 25/100 taking the young Dick Grayson under his wing has led to Batman being more positive, happier, and even more effective at fighting crime to boot.

Map:

good_bad_bat_map_turn7.jpg.61530bf4e2bb639dd1a946f7b85efd96.jpg

A Stroke of Genius

"They captured him." Bane's gruff accented voice broke the silence. 

Scarecrow looked at him for a moment. "Penguin has it handled." He rasped in his usual monotone. "He planned on this. There's a tracker in his Umbrella, he swallowed two more and there's one in his hat.

"So, uh, we rescue 'im?" One of the thugs chimed in.

"If need be," Scarecrow responded. "Penguin left specific orders. We contracted a guy, he's elusive so if he doesn't turn up to rescue Penguin exactly an hour from now then that's code that we go to rescue the boss."

"And one man can rescue Penguin!?" Bane loudly and critically interjected.

Scarecrow exhaled, "This one can." The rag clad man approached the Penguin's desk, retrieving a folder. He tossed it onto the table. A picture was paper-clipped to the front of the folder, a marker pen had written the name just beneath.

Deathstroke

Howdy Howard

Poison Ivy sauntered through the streets of Gotham. Among the chaos she was uniquely safe. She'd been approached by thugs of course but that was nothing to her. A dose of spores and they were more than willing to do her bidding, though she never made them do more than leave her alone. She had no use for a handful of random rioters.

Finally, Pamela Isley arrived at her destination. Two large trucks had pulled up outside of a warehouse. A GCPD SWAT team. A group of them waited outside the buildings, among them was the man Ivy was searching for.

Howard Branden.

Ivy let loose some spores. Soon Branden, and by extension his men, would be hers to order.

Bane of Gotham

Bane and his men approached the GCPD headquarters. The masked man cracked his neck and knuckles before smirking. "Hold back." He ordered his men. "Allow me to make my move before you head in."

Bane flipped a switch on his back and soon a green liquid began to pump itself through him. Bane soon grew. Nearly doubling in size the man charged the entrance of the GCPD. 

Crashing through the doors, bringing half the wall down he began his assault. His men counted to ten before following.

ScareCroc

"W-what are we doing here sir?" A nervous thug blurted out to Scarecrow who'd escorted them into the darkest area of the sewers. 

"We're recruiting." Scarecrow answered shortly. "I know someone who lives down here, thought he might help us out. Now come on, we're close to his location."

The group headed further into the sewers and soon reached their destination. 

A bubbling appeared in the waters as a huge, scaled, green monster emerged from the waters.

Scarecrow spoke once more, in his usual monotone. 

"Hey Croc, want to have some fun?"

FearFire

Fear is a potent thing. It can paralyze, cause withdrawal and if the right prerequisites are met then fear can be the spark that causes fire. Scarecrow knew this and it motivated his next move.

The Hill Heads were a special group. They were motivated by anger and a fanatical devotion. These are things that fear can warp. Anger struck with fear can drive people to intense violence. Fanatical devotion with fear inserted can drive people to a twisted desperation. 

Scarecrow sat on a rooftop as the Hill Heads made their usual rounds. Then he released it. A cloud of fear gas to envelop the crazed supporters of the city councilman.

Edited by Fbarbarossa
  • Like 1

tPreamble

The Joker crawled out of the dumpster. He spat before brushing himself off, scowled as he pulled a banana skin from his shoulder. 

This wasn't what was supposed to happen. It was supposed to be FUN! People should be crazy and senseless by now, not rioting to steal or fight for a cause, just to DESTROY.

It was fine. It was fine....

The Joker began to laugh. A small chuckle at first, then it grew to a hysterical bout that nearly took him from his feet. He leaned against the wall.

This made things better...

He wasn't fighting the ordinary cop or thug anymore. He had an opponent who was just as smart and skilled as him. 

THIS IS AMAZING!!

The Joker picked up his last syringe and began to formulate his new plan.

A Game: For FUN

The Joker was no slump. Now that he has a nemesis he has to rise to the occasion. And so he did, he began to devise something so deliciously hilarious, something so torturingly torturous.

A pool of water, a flow of electricity and two chairs. That was the setup.

The execution? Two people strapped to chairs above an electrified pool, Batman would show up, and choose one to be lifted to safety and another to plummet to a watery electric-y doom! 

But that wasn't just it. The Joker strapped a thug to one of the chairs before heading out. If two thugs were held then the Bat could just leave them, he needed someone to save. And so Joker headed off.

A Police Cruiser pulled up next to an apartment building. The Joker sat inside of it, his borrowed Police Uniform slightly wrinkled with some blood around the collar, cutting throats tends to do that. 

He ran a hand through his hair. "I just CAN'T get this blood out. I've scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed and it's faded, but it's still there! It's fine, it's finnne! He won't notice will he? Huh partner?"

The dead cop in the next seat did not react. He had been dead for a week.

"That's your answer for everything!" The Joker blurted. "It's dark outside and I'll have my head facing down. He may even be turned away from me for the most part.... It's fine, I've got this."

Joker exited the vehicle, gripping a billy club in one hand and a needle filled with anesthetic in the other. The club will knock him out, the anesthetic will keep him out. 

Lieutenant Jim Gordon stepped outside his apartment building. The Joker made his move.

The Man Who Laughs

The Joker arrived at the Gotham reservoir, dragging the huge container behind him. The Security had been a non issue, went down laughing when he unleashed his venom.

The Joker stepped over one of the smiling corpses and chuckled.

The plan was simple, drop this vat of concentrated Joker venom into Gotham city's water supply. Let it spread through the city, laugh along with everyone else as Gotham falls into laughter and then silence.

He'd left warning of course. If the Bat found his hideout, well, the one he left his game in, not his actual one, a man needs SOME secrets! 

Anyway, if the Bat found his hideout he'd have to play his game. Once the game is played he'd sweep the place. If he swept it well enough then he may find a tape. The Joker set the container next to the reservoir. He'd give the Bat five minutes, then he was dropping it.

---------------------

The Joker set up his camera. This would be Batman's clue, the only way he could stop the city from fun. The Joker stepped back to get himself in frame.

"Heya Bats!" He opened, his usual smile plastered across his face. "So I see you find the tape. Good job! If anyone could it's you! Howdya find my game? Did you solve it? Did you find a way to save 'em both? IF you did then that'd nearly make me cry. Nearly. Anyway, to business!"

The Joker strode up and down the room tapping his chin. He needed to give the camera a show.

"So, this isn't my only plan of the night. I'm planning something much much bigger! What is it? Why should I tell you!? I'll give you a hint though. Since I'm such a good guy! Allow me to borrow a trick from the Riddler. Ahem."

The Joker's voice turned dark.

"Soon, I'll flow throughout everyone in Gotham City."

He stared into the camera for a moment.

"Good luck Bats!"

He began to scream in laughter

"HAAAAAHAAAAHOOOHOOOHEEEEHEEEHAAAAHAAAAA"

----------------------

The Joker tapped his foot and looked at his watch.

"5....4....3...."

Edited by Fbarbarossa
  • Like 1

While we wait on @Pringles @Kitten @The Blood @Rodja @Rezi, and @Sean F Kennedy to get their events in, I thought it might be fun to write a few short stories detailing the exploits of characters in the wider world that are beyond the purview of our players. I thought it might be a fun way to pass the time between write ups, and also expand the universe at the same time.

In a run down apartment building in the Upper West Side, a squad of Black Mask’s False Facers, referred to here by their mask personas, investigate the disappearance of a squad of their comrades. Unbeknownst to them they are being watched from the shadows by a dark judicator. However, unlike the famed Dark Knight of Gotham, this vigilante has no rule against killing her foe. If the law won’t hunt the guilty, she will. In a city without order, one woman protects the innocent people of her neighborhood, and shows the guilty no mercy.

Helena Bertinelli is…

The Huntress

Huntress | Wiki | Comics Amino

Crocodile swept the dark room with his flashlight slowly, scanning for anything out of place. “Found anything?” Ape asked from the fire escape. “Nothing, room’s clear.” Crock yelled back. “Are you kidding me?” Clown asked as he poked his head into the room, “This is the place we lost communication with Miller’s team.” Clown continued. “Well they ain’t here now.” Crock said, walking to the heart of the room.

Something about this don’t seem right.” Hawk said, stepping into the room, “Yeah, guess they either died, or ran off.” Demon agreed coming into the room. “Nah, it ain’t that,” Hawk disregarded, “Look at this room, it’s too clean, there’s no furniture, I thought people lived here?” he said. “Yeah, looters coulda taken the furniture, but they wouldn’t have cleaned it up like this.” Ape agreed joining the rest of his squad mates in the abandoned apartment.

You guys are overreacting,” Crock said, “They probably-” he continued, before a crossbow bolt ripped through his neck, shattering his windpipe, and rupturing his spine. “Shit!” Ape yelled, “Where the hell did that come from?” Clown added frantically, looking out the windows. Clown’s curiosity was met with another crossbow bolt, this time ripping through the criminal’s eye before erupting out of the other side of his skull. “Jesus fuck, get into the building!” Hawk ordered, kicking down a door, and moving deeper into the building.

What the Hell was that?” Demon asked panicked, “Was that Batman?” he asked, still terrified. “I thought Batman didn’t kill?” Hawk asked, “Look outside, if there was anytime for someone to get violent, it’s now.” Ape said. The floor creaked around the three men the noise seemingly emanating from all around them. “We need to stick together, back to back!” Hawk ordered, as he, Demon, and Ape formed into a triangle formation.

As Hawk scanned the room with his eyes, a strong string was thrown around his neck from the hole in the ceiling above him. “What the uhck!” Hawk began to say before the wire around his neck was pulled with force, strangling him to death. “Shit, they got Tony!” Ape yelled, as he, and Demon ran further into the building. Frantically kicking through a door, they were met with a gaping maw, dropping the two men into the darkness below.

Demon stirred as he woke up. “Jesus… took a tumble.” he mumbled as he stood up, “Mike, Mike, get up!” he ordered Ape as shook his comrade awake. “What happened?” Ape asked as he got to his feet, “We’re the only two left, we gotta get back to Black Mask.” Demon explained, walking towards a light coming from behind a corner. “Exit should be this…” Demon trailed off, “Oh God.” he said in shock, dropping his gun, and covering his mouth.

Freddy? What’s wrong!?” Ape asked frantically, as he rushed to join Demon’s side. Seeing what Demon saw, Ape was overcome with a similar sense of disgust, and indignation. The False Facers’ lost comrades had been found, strung up with wire like animals. The back wall held a message written in the blood of the fallen criminals;

Stay Out of My Neighborhood Sionis

“Don’t you see the sign?” a woman’s voice asked from the darkness. “What the hell was that?” Ape yelled, frantically pointing his gun around the room. “Three seconds before it’s too late.” the voice continued, “Who the hell are you?” Ape demanded, ignoring the threat. “1…” the voice started, as Ape continued to search the room, and Demon shuffled to a corner of the room. “2…” the voice continued, as Ape planted his feet in the center of the room and pointed his rifle at the exits to the room that he knew of, while Demon began to retch up the contents of that day’s lunch. “3…” the voice finished, before the lights went dark.

Ape screamed in fright as he fired his gun at an unseen enemy. His screams were soon replaced by a sickening gurgling sound as the enemy slit his throat. The lights then returned, illuminating the room with their harsh white light. Demon, by this point tired physically, and mentally, accepted his doomed fate, and simply hunched in the same corner of the room that he had thrown up in.

A figure appeared in front of Demon, who had to wipe his eyes in order to see clearly. Seeing clearly now, Demon could see that his pursuer, the one who had single-handedly taken out ten False Facers, was a woman with long black hair, and a cape. The doomed man huffed, “What are you, Batgirl?” he asked sarcastically. “Never met the man, and he doesn’t have the guts to do this.” the woman said, raising a gun to her prey’s head, before airing out his brains.

*/*/*/*/*

Helena entered her apartment silently, her neighborhood safe for another day, or at least until the next time Black Mask tried to take over. “Helena!” the kindly old woman that Helena called a neighbor called to her. “Oh, I wasn’t expecting you to still be up, Mrs. Lance.” Helena replied, slightly embarrassed to have failed to sneak past an old lady.

“I was waiting for you to get home.” the old lady explained, “I don’t understand what a nice young woman like you is doing, spending all her time outside at a time like this.” she ranted. Helena knew exactly what she was doing. She remembered that night, the night where she watched as her entire family was murdered like animals in front of her very eyed by criminal scum. The night she could have saved them, if only she acted. The night that Helena Bertinelli died, and the Huntress was baptized in the blood of innocents that needed saving, and criminals that needed hunting.

“Helena?” Mrs. Lance asked, breaking Helena from her thoughts. “What?” she asked startled, “I was asking you if you’re still coming over for boggle, and tea on Friday night.” Mrs. Lance explained, “I’m not sure if you’re feeling alright, but it looks to me like you could use the down time.” she continued. “I’ll be fine, and yes, I’ll try to make it Friday night,” Helena answered, before her earpiece beeped, alerting her to the fact that the surveillance perimeter she had installed around her neighborhood had been breached, “Scheduled permitting.” she added, as she turned to enter her apartment in order to get a closer look at who, or whatever caused the alert. “I certainly hope you do, Larry, and I love when you visit!” Mrs. Lance said in a raised voice as Helena shut the door behind her.

Now that Thanksgiving is over, I'd like to wish my players a happy start to the Christmas season. Also, I still need events from @Pringles @Rodja @The Blood @Kitten @Rezi, and @Sean F Kennedy. No rush of course, I understand how hectic this time can be!

Dent will hire more Assistant DAs

Gordon will continue to send in the police to stop the rioting

Dent will continue to run ads of him restoring order to the city

Using the newly hired Assistant DAs, Dent will establish task force to make sure cases get resolved quickly

Gordon will send more police units in nightly patrols

Gordon will request the city council and Mayor keep spending money on the police until the Gang War is over.

• Like 1

.......Somewhere in Eastern Europe........

Slade Wilson prepared himself. He donned is body armour. A reliable piece of apparel, made from a mix of different metal alloys and bulletproof fabrics. He tightened the eye patch that covered his right eye before donning his yellow and black mask. 

Wilson inspected his gear as he equipped it. He attached the sheathed katana to his back before placing his extending bo staff next to it. Next he slung his bandoleer over his shoulder, attached to that was multiple throwing knives, smoke bombs and his grapple. Finally, he attached his holstered modified pistol to his left hip and his two combat knives to his right. 

Slade Wilson is....

Deathstroke

Deathstroke | DC

Deathstroke soon arrived at his destination. A Mansion, belonged to a Drug Lord he had been told. Said Drug Lord was his target. Surveying the Manor he found that its back was its weakness. There was a large concrete wall that contained the entrance to the Manor and its courtyard, the back was not contained by the wall. The only defense was the two armed guards who stood on the back balcony. They would be quickly dealt with.

Deathsroke's grapple had three functions. Zipwire, Grapple and Remote Claw. The third was applicable here. Wilson took aim at one of the guards and locked the claw onto him, he them took aim at the other and fired. The claw fired and attached itself to the chest of the guard. Before he could react a second claw fired from the attached claw, gripping the chest of the other guard. They pulled towards each other and knocked the heads of the guards together, rendering them unconscious. 

Slade switched his device to grapple and let it carry him to the balcony. He was in. He progressed further into the building.  

Exiting the bedroom he entered through he saw another armed guard patrolling the hall. Wilson loosed a throwing knife and ended any chance of being noticed. Slade made his way down the stairs, quickly drawing one of his combat knives to slit the throat of the guard at the bottom of the stairs. 

Opening the doors to the main hall Wilson smiled being his mask, the mark had been expecting him. Ten men approached him, none of them could be smaller than 6'4". 

Slade jumped, the heel of his boot slamming into the face of the first man to charge him. Two more moved in on him from either side in a pincer movement. Deathstroke drew his staff and extended it to full size. In a swift movement he slammed the butt into the stomach of one of the men before swinging and carrying his momentum to strike the other in the side of the head. Wilson flipped back and used the staff to strike the attacker he previously winded on the back of the head.

The staff was shortened and re attached to his back. Slade drew his katana. The men continued their assault, all seven who still stood rushed him. Deathstroke made three precise slashes, one long across. One downward diagonal from the right. And one downward diagonal from the left. 

The attackers fell to the ground, four dead and three wounded. The katana was sheathed and Wilson took put his gun, a bullet to the head ended each of the still living thugs. 

Slade calmly made his way to the front door where he found the door still open and an all terrain speeding towards to gate. Wilson drew his grapple, switched to claw mode and fired three times. One claw hit the most leftward point of the vehicles back, another the most rightward and the last dead in the centre. The secondary claws sprung from them and attached themselves to the ground. This caused the cars own speed to pull it from the ground as it flipped and landed upside down, the windows bursting and the roof crumpling inward. 

Calmly and slowly Deathstroke walked towards the car. The Drug Lord pulled himself out, covered in shards of glass with a broken arm coughing and sputtering he looked up at the combat assassin as he approached him.

Finally, he spoke. "You made intelligent decisions to slow me. But they didn't work. If it's any consolation they never would have, your fate was sealed the moment I agreed to take the contract on you."

Deathstroke raised his boot and brought it down hard.

• Like 1

Not all heroes are born with tremendous powers, but you knew that already. Some were granted superhuman abilities from accidents, or acquired them later on in life. Others still used their tremendous wealth to finance their war on crime, and villainy. However you are about to learn about a hero unlike any other, no special powers, or tremendous wealth. A hero from a bygone era, using only his wits, and natural human skill to fight against the crime, and corruption poisoning his city. Like coke in little green glass bottles, they don’t make them like him anymore.

Vic Sage is…

The Question

THE QUESTION: THE DEATHS OF VIC SAGE #1 | DC

Victor Sage crawled silently through the dank, foul sewers. Of all the places for a meeting of the biggest criminal scum in Hub City to take place, they chose to have it in the sewers. Vic considered it fitting that human filth would choose the sewers to meet up, but didn’t let his pithy observation slow him down. The Russian mob’s lieutenant that the Question had beaten the meeting place, and time out of had claimed it was something big, but didn’t specify before losing consciousness. No matter, Sage thought, he was interested with the when, and the where, the why was unnecessary.

The Questioned stopped as he neared an iron door. Emanating from the door, Sage could hear voices, multiple, all male, and muffled too badly for him to parse out what they were saying. The Question hummed in thought, he needed to find a way into the room. Going through the door would be suicide, so Sage observed the surrounding area, eventually finding an air vent that would hopefully lead him over the room.

Sage quietly tore off the cover of the vent, before climbing in. The Question silently crawled through the air vent as the voices became louder, and louder. Eventually, Sage settled right on top of the room where the meeting was taking place. Pressing his ear to the border between the vent, and the room, Sage could finally make out what the men in the room were talking about.

You Chicagoans don’t know the first thing about Hub City.” a man with a Russian accent said, “You come in here thinking you will take over, and what happens?” the Russian asked, “The last time an outside gang tried to set up shop in this city, they ended up as fishing bait!” he answered himself with a laugh. “You will find that the Falcone’s are much tougher than the other organizations that came before.” a different man responded. The Falconies were making a move for Hub City, Sage thought, but was the famed Roman Empire of Gotham looking to expand to Missouri, or had Carla Viti taken to using her maiden name after becoming the Don of Chicago’s Viti Crime Family.

The vent began to creak loudly, “What the hell was that, boyo?” a man with an Irish accent asked. Shit, The Question thought before dropping from the ceiling into the meeting room. Crashing through a table, The Question took a moment to get to his feet. A moment that his foe took advantage of, as the Irishman leaped onto his back as he stood up. Stumbling forward, The Question hurriedly spun around, and slammed the Irishman into the wall, using his momentum, and weight to injure the Irishman.

With the Irishman out of commission, Sage turned his attention to the rest of the men. The Russian, the Falcone’s man, a representative from the Polish mafia, and two more guards, both armed. This was going to fun

The Question employed a trick he had picked up from some of Earth’s younger heroes. Sage threw a sharpened version of his trademark blank playing card, cutting the armed guards’ hands, causing them to drop their weapons. The Question ran at the Polack, before leaping, and using him as a springboard to reach the formerly armed guards. The Question knocked the guards’s heads into each other, knocking them out of the fight.

The Falcone man charged at The Question, who responded by kicking him in the gut, winding him, and knocking him to the floor. Sage checked to make sure that the Falcone man was not unconscious. He was winded, and hurt like hell, but he was awake, and that was all that mattered to Sage. The Polish man got the jump on the Question, lunging at him, and forcing him to the ground.

The aging hero sucked in a haggard breath as the Polish man pummeled him. Reaching into that little well of courage inhabiting every great man, The Question summoned up a last bit of strength, throwing off his attacker. Seeing that the Polish man had been knocked out during the fight, The Question rose to his feet.

As The Question reached his feet, something exploded in his chest, and he gets the sensation of sunlight behind his eyes. The Question took a few deep breaths to steady his heart, allowing the wounded Falcone man to get to his feet. “So, you’re the famed faceless hero of Hub City,” the man said, limping closer to The Question, “I remember as a boy, reading about your adventures in the morning paper, as if they were the adventures of my favorite Ultima Comics characters.” he continued.

The man moved to strike The Question, but Sage grabbed his fist as he swung, “Well I’m no Arachnid Kid.” he said, before using his force to swing, and dislocate the man’s shoulder, “And you’ll find the pain I inflict, very real.” he continued, grabbing the man by the collar.

What are you doing in Hub City?” The Question questioned, “Falcone sent us, wants to expand the operation into Hub City, thought it would be a good idea to get the native mobs on our side.” the mobster explained. “Which one?” Question demanded he clarify, “Carla, she used to go by Carla Viti before Felice died, and left her in charge.” the man explained in a fearful voice.

“Where is she?” The Question asked, “I don’t know!” the man cried, to which The Question responded to by smacking his head into a steam pipe. “She’s in Chicago, I don’t know anything more than that, I swear on my mother.” the Falcone fink admitted, the Question threw him to the floor, “Your word isn’t worth much,” he said, before kicking him in the head. Searching the man’s unconscious body, The Question found a small blue beetle in the man’s pocket, recognizing it to be the handiwork of his old comrade Ted Kord, the Blue Beetle, who he remembered had settled in Chicago after stints in NYC, and Hub City.

After leaving the sewers, and informing the police of where to find the criminals, Victor Sage settled on a quiet rooftop in Old Town, pulling off his mask, and pulling out his pack of cigarettes. Sage puffed on his cigarette as he looked to the direction of Chicago. He fiddled with the blue beetle in his pocket, if he knew Kord, he knew that the beetle harbored advanced technology beyond anything on the market. He prayed that his worst suspicions were false, and that his friend hadn’t sold out his every belief to make a buck working for the mob. He knew he had to go to Chicago in order to find answers. It was time to pay an old friend a visit.

Reminder to @Pringles @Rodja @The Blood and @Rezi to get your events in when you can.

Alan Scott sat in his apartment, flipping through an old photo album as he smoked a cigarette. An inky blackness had settled onto Hell’s Kitchen. It was a cool, calm night, fit for whiskey, cigars, and reminiscing about past adventures. A small smile cracked the withered ex-hero’s face as he remembered his days as a masked crime fighter, saving the world as part of the JSA. He made a mental note to give his old contemporary Jay Garrick a call, it had been too long since they last talked.

Bang Bang Bang emanated from Alan’s front door. Alan grunted as he stood up, and decided to forgo putting on a pair of pants as he walked to the front door. Another trio of Bang Bang Bang came from the door, “Hold your horses.” Alan said as he shuffled to the door. The person on the other side of the door continued to bang on the wood despite Alan’s calls for calm, “I said hold your goddamn horses!” the old hero yelled, annoyed.

Alan swung the front door of his apartment open, aggravated at the impatience of the person knocking on his front door. Looking through the peephole Scot recognized the man on the other end, and so opened the door. Scott’s eyes went wide as he saw the cold metal thing that the man in front of him was holding. Before the original Green Lantern could react, his attacker socked him in the jaw, causing Alan to stagger backwards.

Alan caught himself on his dinner table but was not able to react quick enough to evade his attacker’s right hook, which stunned him further, allowing his attacker to pound his head into his table. Attempting to crawl away, Alan was lifted from the ground by his attacker, and brought face to face with him. “You’re a joke,” the old man said defiantly, “You’re a god damn joke.” he continued, before being slammed into the floor by his attacker. Alan’s attacker stomped on his head with force, ending one of Earth’s greatest heroes before planting two hollow points in his back to ensure he wouldn’t get back up.

*/*/*/*/*

The Next Morning

Two NYPD officers investigate Alan Scott’s apartment. “Jesus Christ, what did they do to him?” Officer Murdock said as he looked over the body of the deceased. “Looks like a homicide.” Officer Nelson said after surveying Alan Scott’s apartment from the entranceway. “What gives you that impression?” A deep, commanding voice said from behind Officer Nelson, who spun around to see that it was the Green Lantern of Earth, secretly Hal Jodan. “Was it the dead body, or the fact that nobody kills themselves by beating their head into their dinner table?” Jordan continued, standing over the officer.

“What are you doing here GL, I thought Alan wasn’t a member of the corps?” Officer Murdock asked. “He’s still an honorary Lantern,” Jordan answered, walking to the corpse. “I can’t believe he’s dead, guy’s been a hero since before I was born.” Murdock said as he looked at the body of Earth’s first Green Lantern. “Was.” Jordan corrected gruffly, kneeling to get a better look at the corpse.

“I’d prefer if you let me handle the crime scene investigation.” Jordan told the officers, standing back up, and turning to face them. “No can d-” Nelson began before being cut off by Murdock, “Absolutely, right away sir.” he said respectfully. “The heck was that about?” Nelson asked as the two officers left to wait in the hall, “When a guy in a mask tells you to do something, you do it.” Murdock answered.

After the cops left Hal Jordan inspected the door finding no signs of forced entry, and so determined that Alan must have known his attacker. He then inspected the body, determining that despite the two bullets in his back, it was the blunt force trauma to his head that killed Alan Scott. Blunt force trauma likely sustained, at least in part by having his head smashed into his dining table, if the splinters in Alan Scott’s head, and the damage to the table were any indication.

Hal Jordan investigated further into the apartment, after seeing bloody bootprints trail from the murder scene to Scott’s bedroom. Finding that the bedroom door had been left ajar, Hal opened it to find a bedroom that looked like Red Tornado rampaged through it. Whoever murdered Alan Scott also ransacked his apartment, but didn’t steal anything of monetary value. Why?

Jordan inspected one of the few photos that remained on Scott’s nightstand. It was a photograph of Alan Scott, and Molly Mayne’s wedding day, the couple in their wedding garb holding each other in a side hug. Hal sighed, he’d have to be the one to inform Molly of Alan’s passing, and that was never fun. The rest of the room held nothing of note, memorabilia from Alan’s old adventures, photos JSA Christmas parties, awards for heroism, but nothing that could tell lead him in the direction of the killer.

Jordan followed the bootprints to Alan’s study, finding another messy room. From all his previous knowledge, and talk with Alan, Jordan knew his Green Lantern predecessor was studious, and kept every letter he received. Jordan checked Scott’s letter sorter, finding letters going back decades from his children, from old associates like Dinah Drake, Jay Garrick, Carter Hall… And Molly Mayne. Why would a husband be receiving letters from his wife on a semi-regular basis? Most of the letters seemed to be resultant of vacations, or work trips, but five years ago they became more standardized, at least once monthly, all of them had a return address for an apartment in Los Angeles. What was even odder was the seeming stoppage of correspondence between Jay Garrick, and Alan Scott during the same time-period.

Hal felt a crunch under his feet as he turned to leave, finding that he had accidentally stepped on a photograph of a gathering of the old JSA, circa late 1950s. Hal picked up the picture, his head filled with questions. Who murdered Alan Scott? Why did they ransack his apartment? Why would a husband, and wife separate, yet remain in regular contact? Hal didn’t know the answer to these questions, but he did know…

A Hero Died Last Night

JSAin1960.jpg.a2de50d0e83a88ee2d329327850cca7a.jpg

(This is supposed to be the photo Hal stepped on at the end of the chapter, so please Ignore Batman, Superman, and Robin in the for obvious reasons.)

Now, @Pringles @The Blood @Rezi and @Rodja get your events in, or end up like Alan Scott! 😛

1. Commissioner Grogan will recognize the precarious situation the Old Guard has found itself in, and will accept the steps he needs to take, ordering the officers implicated by Knox's story put on unpaid leave and under immediate investigation. However, he will ensure that the investigation is only limited to the officers involved, and will promise lax punishment for the offending officers so long as they do not implicate any other members of the GCPD as the case against them progresses.

2. The GCPD will continue clearing out and securing City Hall against any remnants of the Ventriloquist's and Scarface's forces, and will prepare for an assault into the Financial District against the Brownshirts.

3. Flass will make his way out of the sewage system and back to his home, struggling to make sense of his now slurried memory and psyche. With conflicting memories and confusion dominating his mind after his encounter with the Joker, he will attempt to make sense of everything as he looks to see the evidence board he has proudly displayed in his office. He sees the countless clues and pieces of evidence he has pinned to the cork of the board, and in the center a picture of the Batman. No matter which side of his memory he's drawing from, Flass knows there's one man he's after. He can't quite piece whether he's looking for the Bat's identity or attention, but he knows he's after the Bat, and for a few moments Flass calms his confused mind as he stares at the picture, before letting out a laugh.

4. Hill will launch a television ad campaign presenting himself as a charitable, pro-justice warrior for the people of Gotham, ready to restore the city to its proper glory amid the gang violence destroying it.

5. Hill will continue his attacks against Harvey Dent, going so far as to state that without Dent's reckless, self-centered time in politics, Gotham would not be seeing the current violence engulfing it.

6. Hamilton Hill will order for his infiltrating Hill Heads in the Friends of the Bat territory to continue their offensive, cutting off all roads and exits out of the area as Hill orders a full attack against the Friends by his forces. The City Council Chair will order that no prisoners be taken, anyone in the Friends of the Bat would be bound to vote for Dent.

• Like 1

1. The Friends of The Bat fortify their side of the border with Coventry.
  2. Vicki Vale will single-handedly break into the GCPD, bringing weapons supplied by her friends. She will hide away at night and once morning comes, interrogate a group of officers at the right time, looking for the perfect information to reform the department.
  3. Knox will continue his momentum and will attempt to investigate Commissioner Grogan to find a pure example of corruption and continue to rid the city of corrupt coppers.
  4. The Gazette will continue their endorsement of Dent, trying to sway undecided voters with not much time remaining.
  5. The Radio reports on The Penguin
  6. The Gazette will press the Governor of New York for state funding to their city and for national guard deployments.

1. Batman and Superman, along with Robin/Nightwing intend to team up and go after deathstroke. 

2. Batman patrols the streets to see if he can help Jim Gordon. 

3. Batman and friends go after the mad doctor, Hugo Strange. 

4. Wayne Security patrols the streets hoping to expand their influence throughout the city. Acting as full on paramilitary force. 

5. With Penguin now defeated, the hunt for the Joker continues. 

@WVProgressive There. Sorry. 😛 

• Like 1

Automated events for @Rodja

1. Mario Falcone hosts a dinner party at Falcone Casa, greasing elbows with the rest of Gotham High Society

2. The Roman hires the Sullivan family to assassinate Harvey Dent

3. The Roman Empire will attempt to expand their territory by moving into the Upper East Side

4. Blondie Mirti will attempt to break Sofia Falcone out of jail

5. The Roman Empire will attempt to use their successful drug importation to become the biggest coke supplier in Gotham.

6. Dr. Strange continues his investigations into Batman's identity

Episode 36 – Duel of the Masters

Recruit Deathstroke: 15

Rescue Penguin: 2

Fight Deathstroke: 16

Radio Penguin: 9

Break Out Penguin: 12

One of the thugs checked his watch, “It’s been 58 minutes,” he said, “Penguin’s guy ain’t gonna show.” he said. “He’ll show.” Bane said in his gruff, Latino voice, “Oh yeah?” the same thug said, “What makes you so sure?” he asked. “In Santa Prisca, there is a legend, of a yankee assassin so masterful in the ways of combat, he could complete any contract.” Bane said, whispering, and leaning forward, as if afraid that the assassin himself would punish him for talk about his deeds. “Don’t believe everything you read in the papers.” a gruff, experienced voice said from a dark corner of the room, spooking all occupants therein. “Show me where he is, and I guarantee you’ll see your little friend again.” Deathstroke said before Ivy handed him the detection device for Penguin’s trackers.

*/*/*/*/*

An explosion ripped through the walls of the GCPD’s makeshift holding cells on Perez Avenue. Batman circled the area in his Batcopter, surprised to see that the Penguin’s forces hadn’t sent an army to rescue their leader. He eventually spied a warrior clad in orange, and black carving a deadly path through the police officers. “Get ready to jump, Robin.” Batman told the Boy Wonder, before the Dynamic Duo ejected from the Batcopter.

Deathstroke looked up into the sky, giving a police officer a backhanded strike as he attempted to sneak up on him. Spotting the Dynamic Duo gliding towards the ground, Deathstroke grinned in anticipation. “Oh no, Dark Knight,” Slade began, “Tonight, we dance alone.” he said, throwing two falshbangs in the duo’s direction. The detonation of the flashbangs caused the two heroes to veer off course, and land away from each other. Deathstroke moved to find Robin, in order to ensure that he, and Batman would not be interrupted. Penguin would have to wait.

Robin stumbled to his feet, still reeling from being flashbanged. It wasn’t long until a blur of orange, and black lept on top of him, pinning him to the ground. “So you’re the Bat’s sidekick, eh?” the man questioned, “I’m not his sidekick, I’m his partner!” Robin insisted, struggling to get up, “Sure you are,” Slade mocked as he restricted Robin’s movement. “Once I kill him, who knows, maybe I’ll make you my sidekick, teach you how to really fight.” he said, “Pfft, you can’t kill Batman!” Robin mocked. “Sure I can.” Slade said sinisterly, picking up Robin, and drawing a sidearm when he heard rustling coming from his side.

“Let go of the boy.” Batman ordered in a powerful, commanding voice. Deathstroke held Robin up using him to shield his body, and held a pistol to the boy’s head, “I’ve heard stories of you Batman.” Deathstroke said pressing the barrel of the gun into Robin’s head. Batman quickly analyzed the situation, looking at Deathstroke’s body language, he was able to determine that he wouldn’t hesitate to shoot Robin, and that he was experienced in the martial arts. Batman then looked at Robin’s face, finding not fear, but confidence. The boy’s eyes held all the hope in the world, knowing that Batman would be able to rescue him.

“I’m eager to face to you in single combat, Batman.” Deathstroke said, betraying himself. At that moment Batman realized how to guarantee Robin’s safety. The Dark Knight huffed, “You honestly think you could beat me one-on-one?” he said sarcastically, “It’s takes a small man to act confident when hiding behind a gun, and a little boy.” he continued scornfully. “I don’t need these things to beat you, Batman.” Deathstroke said, his pride having been stung, before tossing Robin, and his run to the ground. Deathstroke unsheathed his katana, and got into a battle-ready stance, “Time to die, Dark Knight.”

Deathstroke charged at Batman, delivering a flurry of quick, precise slashes, which the Dark Knight was forced to parry away using the scallops on his gauntlets. Seeing that Deathstroke had left himself open after one of his swipes, Batman took advantage of the situation by landing a hard jab to the mercenary’s only remaining eye. Deathstroke stumbled back for a moment, slightly stunned, Batman used his opponent’s momentary unbalance to grab Deathstroke’s katana, and snap it in two.

Batman threw a triplets of batarangs, aiming for Deathstroke’s face, which the mercenary dodged with ease, “Try again, Dark Knight.” he taunted, before pulling out his bo-staff. This time, instead of charging the Dark Knight, Deathstroke allowed Batman to make the first move. Batman attempted to repeat his earlier success, by aiming a jab at the mercenary’s jaw, but Deathstroke reacted quickly, countering the punch away with his bo-staff, before transferring him momentum into a kick aimed at the Dark Knight’s back.

Deathstroke attempted to continued his assault by aiming his bo-staff for Batman’s face, but in turn the Dark Knight countered his blow away, and returned the favor by headbutting him, knocking off Deathstroke’s helmet to reveal a one eyes Caucasian man with graying hair. Batman dug into Deathstroke’s ribs by delivering a strong uppercut to his body. Batman’s semi-squatted posture, however, allowed Deathstroke to come down on his head hard with the end of his bo-staff, forcing Batman to the ground.

Deathstroke straddled the Dark Night, unsheathing his combat knife, and bringing it above his head. Stabbing down towards the Batman’s chest, Deathstroke was stopped short of his goal by Batman using his strong arms to slow the knife’s descent. As the knife continued to get closer, and closer to his chest, Batman searched frantically for anything to give him an advantage, eventually laying eyes on a mudhole. “Any last words, Batman?” Deathstroke asked, as the knife began to dig into Batman’s chest. “Stay the Hell out of my city.” Batman threatened, before rolling both himself, and Deathstroke into the mudpit.

When both men got to their feet, Deathstroke charge at Batman swinging his knife with vigor. Batman responded by dodging the slashes, before landing a hard chop into his foe’s right deltoid. Deathstroke hit Batman with a hard left hook, shattering his nose, and knocking him down. Batman grabbed a clump of mud, throwing it into Slade’s eye, before taking his legs out from under him. Batman latched onto Deathstroke’s leg, “You just don’t get it, Slade,” he said, applying pressure, “This place, it isn’t a mudhole, it’s an operating table.” he said, before the leg gave way with a horrific krakkk “And I’m the surgeon.” he finished.

Deathstroke attempted to drag himself away, broken, and defeated, but was stopped by Batman placing a boot on his neck. “Alright then, finish me off the, Batman.” he said, prepared to accept a warrior’s death, “No.” Batman told him. “What!?” Deathtroke questioned incredulously, “I want you to remember this, my boot, on your neck.” Batman said, “I want it to remind you to stay out of my way.” he continued grinding his boot deeper into Deathstroke’s throat, “In all the years to come, in your most private moments, I want you to remember the one man who beat you.” he finished, before taking his foot off Deathstroke’s neck, and knocking him unconscious.

Episode 37 – 90 Minutes of Hell At Gotham Central

Break Sofia Out: 10

Bats on Patrol: 15

Vale Break-in: 1

GCPD Rampage: 17

Stop Rioting: 6

Nightly Patrols: 1

Vickie Vale crawled through the snug air vents of Gotham Central, as she attempted to pilfer police equipment which she would then give to the Friends of Batman militia. Vickie stopped for a moment, flicking on her flashlight to look at the blueprints of Gotham Central that she had acquired. If her knowledge of where she was was correct, then she was right above the GCPD armory. This assumption would soon be tested when the section of the vents she was in creaked, and moaned before crashing to Earth.

Vickie found herself face to face with Police Commissioner Grogan, evidently being wrong about where she was. “What the hell are you doing?” the Commissioner asked gruffly, “I was…” Vickie hesitated, “Searching for a big scoop.” she said. “Fucking journo types.” Grogan grumbled, before pointing at Vickie aggressively, and telling her, “You’re under arrest for trespassing on City property!” Vickie stood up, “What!” she cried incredulously. The two bitter rivals began to bicker before-

Boom

Was that a bomb?” Grogan asked. Vickie opened the Commissioner’s office door, “No,” she said, “It’s worse.”

*/*/*/*/*

Meanwhile

Dammit John, stand down!” Batman yelled into his radio as he raced after Blake’s police cruiser. “You wouldn’t understand,” Blake said back, “I need to do this.” he continued, as he persisted with his chase of a green four door sedan. “You’re going to get yourself killed driving like that,” Batman said, “At least pull over, and get in the batmobile.” he continued, “No!” Blake yelled. “Dammit John, he’s just some punk drug dealer, don’t risk breaking your neck over him.” Batman scolded, “He’s more than just a drug dealer Batman.” John countered.

Batman, that man, he’s the one who killed my father, I’d recognize him anywhere.” John told his partner, and suddenly Batman realized what was going on. The pain of an orphan was something that he knew intimately. “And what do you plan on doing when you catch him?” Batman asked, already knowing the answer, “I’ll return the favor.” Blake said, the same answer that a young Bruce would have given. “Gotcha!” Blake said at he knocked his Father’s murderer off the road, and onto a small landing near the waterfront.

As Blake rushed down the stairs to confront his Father’s murderer, Batman launched himself from the batmobile. “Do you remember me, dirtbag?” Blake asked his Father’s murderer, as he aimed his gun at him. By now, the murderer was an old man, the hair on his head thin, and wispy, while his beard splotched black, and white together. “No, please!” he yelled, “I've waited for this moment for over a decade.” John said in anticipation.

Before the bullet could lodge itself into the murderer’s head, Batman landed in between Blake, and his prey. The bullet dug itself into the batsymbol on Batman’s chest, “Dammit Batman, what are you doing!?” John asked frustrated. “John, this isn’t you.” Batman told the young cop, “At least, it doesn’t have to be.” he continued. “I know how you’re feeling.” he said to comfort his friend.

Don’t give me that shit, Batman.” John said, still pointing his gun at Batman. “You don’t know how it feels, do you? To be angry, in your very bones. Not a lot of people do.” he said, “Sure, they understand, for a little while, but eventually they want the angry little kid to do something he knows he can’t do: move on.” he continued, tears forming in his eyes. “So they send him to a boys home, and eventually he that learns he’s gotta hide his anger.” he said.

John,” Batman said in a stoic, authoritative voice, “A man with a gun once took away people I loved.” he said as he stepped closer to John, “I never stopped missing them. Never forgot how painful it was to be alone.” he continued, stepping even closer to John. “You can’t bring your father back, but you can break the cycle of violence that took them.” he continued. “Don’t be a part of it John.” Batman said, now standing face to face with Blake, “Don’t become what killed our families.” he encouraged.

Blake holstered his firearm, and embraced Batman, the tears in his eyes now streaming down his face. Batman returned the hug, comforting his partner in crime-fighting. A moment afterword Blake’s radio crackled to life, delivering a hard to decipher message of danger. “Come again central?” Blake asked, his voice still exhausted. “They’re everywhere!” the voice yelled from the other end, “Criminals are overrunning Gotham Central, all hands on deck, everyone get back to HQ!” it ordered. “To the Batmobile!” Batman ordered.

*/*/*/*/*

Back at Gotham Central

Vickie Vale took cover behind an overturned desk, gripping the police issue tactical rifle in her hands tightly. “Where the hell is the rest of the thin blue line?” she asked, scanning around the chaotic bullpen to find that there was a surprising few police officers. “They’re all either on patrol, or controlling riots, and Gordon’s off celebrating the birth of his son.” Grogan answered.

You even know how to use that?” Grogan asked as Vale popped up from her cover, and took aim at a thug attempting to perforate a police secretary. “I’ve covered wars before y’know.” Vickie responded, pulling the trigger. “There’s the Commissioner!” a thug yelled after Vickie fired, “Shit, you drew them right to us!” Grogan yelled. A moment later, the hulking mass of muscle known as Bane appeared in Vickie’s sights. Despite firing a large amount at lead at him, Vale was unable to stop Bane from charging her, and the commissioner’s position.

Bane smacked Vickie across the room like a doll, before gripping the Commish in his big hand. “No!” Grogan pleaded, as Bane crashed through a wall to the surface streets around Gotham Central. As Bane lifted Grogan up in the air, preparing to break his back against his knee, the batmobile raced into his gut at over 100mph. Grogan hit his head on the pavement, and began to black out, taking solace in the fact that Bane was splayed out on the batmobile. Grogan felt himself being dragged across pavement, looking up to see who his rescuer was, he saw it was the Batman. Despite all of his efforts to hunt him down, Gotham’s Dark Knight still rescued him. Grogan didn’t have time to ruminate on this though, as he soon slipped into the ether.

Episode 38 – Rising From The Rubble

Infect Howard: 3

Spending: 14

Wayne Sec expands: 11

Blast against Brownshirts: 20

Pressure the Gov: 13

During the assault on Gotham Central, 65 lives were lost in total, and hundreds more were left injured. Not to mention the large amounts of inmates who escaped custody during all the chaos, most notably Sofia Falcone. The GCPD was forced to abandon Gotham Central, and set up a makeshift HQ in the City Hall district. And now today’s the day they fight back.

The City Council, and the mayor had both signed off on a plan to eliminate the Brownshirt faction from Gotham. The City needed to know that the GCPD was still capable of returning law, and order to the streets. A coalition of forces made up of the remaining GCPD’s heavy armaments, bolstered by squads from Wayne Security, and the State National Guard stood on the border of GCPD, and Brownshirt territory. The man chosen to personally lead the first wave of the operation, was Howard Brandon, who rode in a GCSWAT APC.

The APC pushed forward, the coalition forces were making good time. “Remember men, these aren’t your average street thugs,” Howard told his squad of hand picked SWAT members, “The Brownshirts have been prepping for a race war since Kennedy was President, so they’ve got training, and they’ve got equipment.” he continued. “Fight smart, and don’t get yourself killed, understood?” Brandon finished, “Yes, sir!” his men shouted back. “Alright, get ready to-” he started, before his APC began to be lifted off of the ground.

“Jackson what the hell’s going on?” Brandon asked over his radio, getting no response. “What the fu-” he began, before again being interrupted by his APC being ripped in two. Brandon looked wide eyed at his attacker, seeing a green skinned woman with red hair being surrounded by massive vegetation. “What the hell are you?” he questioned, “Don’t worry about that, Howard.” the green woman said seductively, reaching a tentacle like spore pod to Brandon’s face. The SWAT captain hurriedly put on his standard issue gas mask, a moment before the spores exploded onto his face, saving him from Ivy’s mind control. Brandon pulled out his service weapon, planting a bullet in Ivy’s shoulder, which jolted her into releasing the remnants of Brandon’s APC.

Though Brandon was grievously injured – getting dropped multiple stories in a metal deathtrap will do that to you – he was praised for his heroism, and leadership during the Brownshirt campaign. The Brownshirt faction was completely eliminated, and the Gotham public’s confidence in their police officers was fully restored. Poison Ivy manage escape to terrorize for another day.

Episode 39 – Strange Happenings

Dr Strange investigates: 11

Batman hunts Strange: 12

Hugo Strange skulked through the alleyways to his apartment, avoiding the throngs of rioters. Hugo compulsively looked behind his back, having a persistent feeling that someone was following him. Arriving home, he took his keys out of his pocket, and slid them into his keyhole. Opening the door, Hugo let out a relieved sigh, seeing that his home had not been disturbed in his absence.

Hugo locked his door behind him, before sitting down in his study. Behind his desk, Hugo’s mind was overtaken with thoughts of Batman. Who could he be? Hugo had a list of potential suspects, but struggled to narrow it down further. He looked at his list once more, whom among them could have the expertise, bank account, and motive needed to be Batman?

A figure crashed through one of the windows behind Dr. Strange. “Batman?” he questioned, knowing that it had to be the caped crusader himself. Batman picked up the doctor, bringing him close to his face, “I’m only going to warn you this once Strange, stop trying to figure out my identity.” he warned in his gruff, authoritative way. “You won’t kill me.” Hugo mocks, “You don’t have the guts to do what’s necessary,” he continued, “I will save Gotham.” he said. Batman slammed Hugo into his desk, “Sure, and I’m an Olympian demi-god.” he chided, before grappling off into the night. Hugo dug through the rubble to find his list of potential batmen, and crossed ‘Seed of Zeus’ of of the list. His hunt for Batman’s true identity continues…

Episode 40 – Friendship War

Fortifications: 3

Hill Hates Friendship: 1

Hill Fear: 12

Chaos, and bloodshed has overtaken the Upper West Side. A disastrous defense by the Friends of Batman militia, and an even more disastrous attack by the Hill Heads led to massive loss of life on both sides, and among the civilian population, not to mention all of the property damage. The worst is yet to come, however, as a cloud crawls across the ground, unnoticed by the zealous militias. Scarecrow’s fear gas turns the bloody stalemate into a hell on Earth, as soldiers lay down their guns in favor of ripping each others faces off with their bare hands. The entire conflict would end up pointless, as no territory changed hands, meaning that the horrors, and loss were all for naught.

Episode 41 – Gotham Legal

Sullivan: 4

Assistant DAs: 3

Task Force: 17

Dent stood in his office, looking at the small, dedicated task force that had set up in the bullpen of the DA’s building. His recruitment drive was extremely unsuccessful, apparently nobody wants to risk being lynched. The task force was mostly made up of law students, lower level legal careerists, and retired assistant DAs who had decided to come out of retirement.

“Mr. Dent.” His secretary, Vernon, said to him, “Yes Vernon?” he asked, turning to his assistant. “A man left a package at the front desk, he said it was for you.” he explained, “Do you want them to send it back or?” he asked, “No, I’ll go to the front, and get it myself.” Harvey said opening his office door.

“Package for you Mr. Dent.” the doorlady said to him as he entered the DA’s office’s lobby. “So I heard.” he began, “May I see it?” he asked. The doorlady fetched the package for him wordlessly, tossing it to him once she found it. Dent looked at the small package addressed to him, finding nothing of note on the packaging.

He shrugged, not having time to deal with anonymous packages, and not willing to open it to find out what it was. It could be catshit sent to him from some perp he helped put behind bars, for all he knew. He tossed it in the garbage can, and walked away. He made a mental note to start looking for Christmas gifts for Gilda, and made it to the door before the can exploded.

The explosion, thankfully, killed no one, but did injure the door lady. The attempted assassination attempt was tied back to the Sullivan Family of Hitmen, who quickly pointed the finger to at the Roman as having ordered the hit. Harvey, and his task force gained a renewed sense of purpose after the assassination attempt, which helped them put a dent in crime.

Episode 42 – Eureka!

Identity: (1+20+2): 23

Riddler stood in his dimly lit office, its walls covered in newspaper clippings related to Batman, Bruce Wayne, Harvey Dent, and just about anyone who could be under the cowl. Riddler had become obsessed with discovering the Bat’s true identity. The evidence pointed, somehow, to Bruce Wayne, his bank account would allow the funding of all his toys, and his body was at the peak of human conditioning, according to the swimsuit photos that Riddler was able to secure. But, something about that conclusion just wasn’t right, to Riddler. I mean, Bruce Wayne, of all people!? No, there was surely no way, perhaps Bruce was the financier of Batman, but there was no way in hell that that trust-fund playboy was Gotham’s Caped Crusader. The hunt for Batman continues...

Episode 43 – Mayoral Madness II: Election Fraud Boogaloo

Gazette<3Dent: 12

Dent Ads: 12

Hack: 3

Joker for Mayor: 4

Hill Ads: 17

Hills Hits Dent: 11

Elbows: 16

Doth my eyes deceive me? No! Hamilton Hill actually had a good month! Off the back of a slew of nice ads, and an exciting, if not entirely convincing, attack on Dent, Hill is definitly the winner of this month’s mayoral mayhem. All is not lost for Dent, however, as he puts in a good, if inferior to Hill’s, barrage of advertisements, and gets a bit of help from the Gotham Gazette. Falcone gains a few new high profile allies. Riddler failed to in his efforts boost the Joker’s candidacy, and to hack the Gotham City Municipal Elections Board.

Episode 44 – White October

Upper East Side: 5

Coke dealing: 18

The Falcone Crime Family, off the backs of their recent drug importation scheme, has become the most popular drug supplier in Gotham! The bad news is, however, that their attempts to move into the Upper East Side were absolute failures. On the whole, a balanced turn for the Falcone Mafia.

Episode 45 – Croco-die-le

Croc: 1

“Hey Croc, want to have some fun?” scarecrow asked in his usual monotone voice. Croc bubbled to the surface, eyes gleaming with hatred, and hunger. The humanimal lurched at the Scarecrow, gripping him with his teeth, and shaking his head before sinking back into the murky depths. “Oh fuck, is he dead?” one of Scarecrow’s henchmen asked, “I ain’t staying to find out!” the other one yelled as the two men rowed away. Scarecrow was, in reality, not dead, but was horrifically injured, and maimed by his encounter with Croc.

Episode 46 – Something Rotten in the State of Gotham

Knox investigations: 3

Scandal Response: 8

“Good morning Commissioner.” Grogan’s secretary chipperly said to him as he wheeled to the his office, “You’re looking much better now that your out of the hospital.” she continued in the same tone of voice. “Don’t patronize me, Shannon.” Grogan grumbled as he swung open the door to his. Grogan grumbled curses at Bane, and the Penguin as he wheeled his way to his desk, while his secretary wordlessly closed his door behind him.

“Commissioner Grogan?” his secretary asked after a few moments, “Send him in.” the Commissioner ordered, already knowing who it was. “Good morning Commissioner.” Lt. Eckhart said as he opened the door, and sauntered up to the seat in front of Grogan’s desk, “You’re looking like a regular George Wallace.” he complimented as he sat down. “How’s the public responding to our response to the Knox scandal?” Grogan asked. Eckhart shrugged, “About as well as can be expected, this is definitely hurting us, but I think we headed off the worst of it.” he said.

The roof creaked, and moaned. “What was that?” Eckhart asked, as he looked at the ceiling. Grogan buried his face in his hands, “Why the hell does this keep happening to me?” he wondered. Alexander Knox then promptly fell from the ceiling vents, being spared from any injury by landing on Eckhart’s fat. “Get him to lock up with Vale.” Grogan ordered tiredly, “Shannon!” he called, “Call the repair guy, I’m going out for some scotch!” he ordered, rolling out of his office.

Episode 47 – A Dance With The Devil In The Pale Moonlight

Death Trap: 20

Poison Gotham: 6

Batman vs. Joker: 19

Flass: 14

Then: “Sir, you need to put that out.” the nurse ordered Gordon, as he smoked in the waiting room. He glowered at the young, blonde haired nurse, he hadn’t trudged through a jungle fighting communists in ‘Nam, just to be bossed around by some Cosmo reading liberal. Nonetheless, he snuffed out his cigarette in a nearby ashtray. “Captain Gordon?” a different nurse asks him a moment later as she opens the doors to the waiting room. “Yes?” he responds, praying for the best, “It’s a boy, you’re wife is fine.” the brunette nurse says with a smile. Gordon silently thanked the Lord that his child was a boy, before walking into the delivery room to see his newborn son.

Now: The Joker trailed Gordon silently as the Captain made his way to his apartment, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. A moment too slow, and Joker found himself locked outside Gordon’s apartment. He walked back outside to the cop car he had taken over, he needed a new plan. “Aw hell Frank, what am I going to do. Any ideas, partner?” he asked the corpse of Officer Castle next to him. “Wait, you’re genius!” he cried once he thought of a plan, pulling the dead officer’s revolver from his holster.

Good day at work, honey?” Barbara asked as Jim took off his coat, and put it on the rack. Gordon huffed, “Do those exist?” he asked as he walked to his liquor cabinet. As Gordon pulled a bottle of whiskey from one of the many shelves in the liquor cabinet, a series of knocks emanated from the apartment door. Barbara looked outside of the peephole, seeing someone in a GCPD patrolman uniform on the other side of the door, looking at the floor. “It’s an officer, dear.” she told her husband, “Really?” he asked, after gulping down some whiskey, “Well, let him in, I suppose.” he said, bringing the bottle back to his lips.

Trick or Treat!” Joker cried in glee, snapping his head upward to lock eyes with Barbara Gordon as he fired his gun. The force of the bullet threw Barbara further into the apartment, rupturing her spinal column, and causing her to bleed heavily. “Barbara?” Gordon asked breathlessly as he heard the gun shot, “Barbara!” he cried, as he ran to his wife’s side, dropping the bottle of whiskey on the floor. “You son of a-” Gordon began, before being hit in the face with the Joker’s billy club.

*/*/*/*/*

Batman&Robin drove through the streets of Gotham on the lookout for any criminals brave enough to take on the batmobile. Unsurprisingly there were very few criminals brave, or stupid, enough to take on a tank on wheels. “Shots fired on 34th streets, reports say its coming from apartment 27.” the batmobile’s built in police scanner said, “Apartment 27?” Batman question aloud, “That’s Jim Gordon’s apartment!” he said, stepping on the gas to hurry to the scene.

When the dynamic duo came upon the apartment, they found the door still open, with no signs of foced entry. Investigating the crime scene, Batman found Barbara Gordon, Jim’s wife, dead on the floor from blood loss. There was a broken bottle of whiskey on the floor near the liquor cabinet, fingerprinting proved that it was dropped by James Gordon. “With our only witness dead we’ll be hard pressed to find who’s responsible for this.” Batman said, looking down at Barbara’s corpse. The next moment, Batman could hear a noise come from deeper inside the apartment.

Tracking the sound to a closet in what appeared to be a child’s room, Batman opened the closet door. Clicking the closet light on, Batman could see who had made the noise. It was a young red headed girl, around Robin’s age, and a baby that couldn’t have been more than a few weeks old. “Are you alright?” Batman asked, as he kneeled down. “You’re not going to hurt me, right?” she asked, “No I promise, I won’t hurt you.” he said. “Is there anything you can tell me about your mother’s killer?” he asked, “I, I saw a clown.” she said, “A clown?’ Batman repeated, to which the girl nodded affirmatively. Standing up, and exiting the room, Batman ordered Robin to stay with the girl until the police arrived.

*/*/*/*/*

Batman had tracked the Joker’s footprints to Amusement Mile, and the trail of dead bodies led him to the warehouse that the Joker had set up shop in. Looking into the warehouse from the skylight above, Batman saw two figures suspended above a pool of electrified water. One of the figures was Jim Gordon, and the other one was some random thug off the street. As Batman crashed through a glass pane, a timer began to tick.

Five minutes left, Batman inspected the trap, looking for a way to save both participants. Three minutes left, Batman determined that the Joker had somehow made a foolproof death trap, any method of moving one chair to safety would then drop the other chair into the water. Any attempt to turn off the building’s main power would result in the mechanism failing, and dropping both men into the water anyway, killing them anyway as the electricity was powered by an independent power supply that would take too much time to disable. Further more, Batman didn’t have enough room to be able to cut either man loose without dropping into the electric pool himself.

Two minutes left, Batman began to weigh the values of both men’s lives. Gordon was an honest cop, his friend, and one of the only true allies Batman had in the GCPD. The other man, however was a habitual criminal, in and out of prison since his early teens. A reasonable utilitarian would easy press the button to save Gordon, but Batman was neither incredibly reasonable, or a utilitarian. Even scum had family, he told himself. Who was he to do to the thug’s children, what a different thug had done to him just 18 years ago?

Ten seconds left, Batman agonizingly pressed the button to save Gordon. As he heard the agonizing dying screams of the doomed man, Bruce asked for his father’s forgiveness. He gritted his teeth, his anger rising towards the man – no, the animal – who had forced him to send a man to his death. Joker would pay, he’d make sure of that. After finding a video tape left by the Joker, Batman determined that he was going to try to poison Gotham reservoir.

*/*/*/*/*

5… 4… 3… 2… 1…” The Joker counted, as he tapped his foot. “Welp,” he said clapping his hand together, “Looks like he’s not – oof!” he said, as he got socked in the jaw by Batman. Joker rubbed his jaw as he laid on the floor, before turning over to look at Batman. “Batman!” he yelled, leaping to his feet, “How’d you like my little game, Batsy?” he asked. “Game!?” Batman yelled scornfully, gripping Joker by his collar, “A man is dead, because of you.” he continued.

More than just one, Bats!” Joker mocked pridefully, before laughing hysterically. Batman threw the Joker to the muddy ground, “You’re insane.” he said scornfully. “Yes, yes, I’m crazy!” the Joker said with a sick sense of pride, “And soon, Gotham will be too!” he continued, revealing a knife he had hidden up his sleeve. The Joker tossed the knife, which landed in the side of the barrel of Joker Venom.

No!” Batman cried as the barrel began to teeter off balance. Rushing to prevent calamity, the Batman took his foot of the Joker’s neck. The clown took advantage of this by attempting to escape. Batman saw the Joker running away, and quickly balanced the barrel, and patched its side, before chasing after him. He would not, could not, allow himself to be responsible for all the people he’d be killing if he let Joker escape.

Batman chased the Joker through the ruined alleyways, and burnt out streets that once made up Gotham. Eventually, the pair found themselves on a high rooftop over looking the neighborhood. Batman hit the Joker with a right hook, and then a straight left, and continued to hit him until the fiend was all the way to the edge of the roof. The Joker, pressured by Batman’s unending assault, began to slip off the roof, yet Batman nonetheless grabbed him by his tie. It would be so, so easy just to drop him off of this roof, Batman thinks, to let him fall to his doom, never to harm another innocent soul again…

But no, he can’t, he knows that. Tonight, it’s Joker, tomorrow night, it’s Penguin, the night after that, it’s Hill. He knew that if he allowed himself to justify one, he’d justify another, and another, and another. Batman’s no killer, he told himself as he slung the Joker to safety on the roof. “You, disappoint be, Bats.” the Joker groaned, before Batman knocked him out by slamming his head into the cement, and tying his hand up behind his back.

*/*/*/*/*

In another part of Gotham, far from the quarrels of Bats, and Clowns, Arnold Flass sits in his office. Flass is a man of two minds about the Batman – literally! His true self attempts to plan ways to investigate the Bat’s true identity, while his Joker self devises schemes to get the bat’s attention. Eventually, however, he is able to, somewhat, unify his two minds, committing himself to attracting the Bat’s attention, and using these incidents to determine who resides under the cowl. He knew what that entailed - the Batman using his hulking machine of a body to inflict upon Flass every aspect of pain known to mankind - and he couldn’t wait!

Edited by WVProgressive
Formatting
  • Like 2
  • Based 1

@Fbarbarossa @Kitten @Rodja @Pringles @Sean F Kennedy @Rezi @The Blood

Meter Positions at The Start of Turn 9:

Approve/Disapprove/Unsure&Don’t Know

Mayor Approval: 25%/50%/25%

DA Approval: 50%/15%/35%

GCPD Approval: 25%/50%/25%

City Council Approval: 28%/47%/25%

Batman Approval: 92%/3%/5%

Mayoral Race Second Round Polls (Election after this turn!!!):

Harvey Dent: 28%

Hamilton Hill: 27%

Undecided: 45%

Trust in the Media: 2/10 Two reporters are now behind bars... That's not good for sales, or public trust.

Safety: 0/10 The war goes on, but the forces of Law&Order seem to be slowly taking the city back

Economic Growth: 2/10 The gang war is now in its fourth month, but recent battle field successes 

Quality of Life: 2/10 A miniscule amount of the Joker's venom got into the water supply. For now only a few tens of people have died of waterborne Joker venom, but this could turn into a public health crisis if not properly managed.

Unrest: 6/20 After the defeat of the Brownshirts, Gotham seems a little bit, and I mean a little bit, less chaotic.

Budget: 2/10 Gotham is still running a massive deficit, but it thankfully doesn't get any worse.

Corruption: 4/10 The corruption situation neither improves, nor worsens, but at this point that may be a win for the Old Guard.

Knight-Playboy: 30/100 The Joker has managed to do something no other rogue has been able to do - get under the Batman's skin.

Map:

good_bad_bat_map_turn7.jpg.d9e53b2f3af7662cf8335e0c52175df2.jpg

• Like 2

1.Dr.Strange will attempt to threathen people he knows have ties to Batman into revealing his identity

2.The Roman will invite Penguin for a meeting in Gotham church hoping they can reach some kind of a deal.

3.The Roman continues cocaine smuggling operation.

4.Blondie Mirti will attempt to kidnap Joker

5.Mario Falcone holds fundraiser for Hamilton Hill,attempting to corrupt him

6.Alberto Falcone goes back to Gotham.

Preamble

They brought the Joker in.

In his opinion it was overkill, he was strapped to a dolly with his arms and legs bound while his head was strapped down. Complete overkill. Though he was pretty sure overkilling was one of his crimes.

Thing is, he still had plenty of power and he knew it. 

He was brought into the GCPD. As he was wheeled in he caught sight of a SWAT officer. Glaring at him. AT HIM! It was a practiced glare. The Joker could just tell. Narrowed eyes with a sneer and a slight smirk. 

The Joker looked back at him. Firm eye contact with a nice big smile, no blinking. Before long the officer was staring at his feet intently.

Next was a big one. Regular cop, bulging with muscle. The Joker really had to respect the dedication that this officer must have, being able to inject oneself with that amount of steroids. This one crossed his arms and chuckled. Joker looked at him and but the air, a forceful bite that resulted in a resounding clack. He turned white as a sheet.

They approached the holding cell. As they did they passed a secretary's desk. Sat there was a young woman being flirted with by a GCPD officer. He was young, had to be in his twenties, his billy club had a dent in it and he had a few cuts on his knuckles. He'd clearly had the time of his life beating up kids in the riots and now he was holding his paper cup of coffee bragging to this woman about how tough he is. The Joker hated people like this. He eyed him and found a name tag. Smith, Officer Smith. Perfect.

"Howdy Officer Smith! How're ya doing!" The Joker screamed as loud as he could.

The result was perfect.

The young bragging Officer must have jumped a foot back in fear and in shock squeezed his coffee cup. The steaming hot brown liquid sprayed upwards covering his chest leading the Officer to scream and begin to pat down his shirt.

The Joker laughed as they deposited him into the cell.

Death with a Stroke of Laughter

"Are you sure it's a good idea to lump them all in together?" One cop asked another.

The other replied. "Yeah, they don't work together, best case scenario they kill each other."

The high tech Wayne holding cell was clear, used a code to lock and unlock and would still be in one piece if the GCPD headquarters was carpet bombed.

It was very full. 

On one side sat the Penguin, flanked by Tweedles with a Bane that was five foot four on his tip toes and had arms like twigs. 

One the other side sat a man that Joker had heard of. Deathstroke. No one in the cell dared approach him, not even the man who had hired him. 

Even the Joker had to admit he was unnerved. This guy hadn't the slightest ounce of fear or curiosity at the Clown Prince of Crime. He simply didn't care. Deathstroke knew he was the threat. The Joker was scared but he knew what he had to do.

He took out the last syringe of his "blood" and lunged for the unmovable broken leg that allowed Deathstroke to have a feasible target. 

The Joker slammed down the plunger the second he penetrated Deathstroke's leg. Wilson reacted bringing his good leg across to slam the Joker in the temple before a single hit to the chest sent him across the cell. 

The Joker was in pain. But he didn't care, he still managed to do what he set out to. 

The Joker's Big Break

The cell was strong, no locks to pick. Many would think it was unbreak-out-able. But not the Joker.

He began to tap on the wall, singling out a particular Officer. "Hey. Hey you. You!, Yes you!" He droned until he was given an angry response. From that second the Joker had won.

"I have a bomb." Was his response to the angry 'WHAT!?' he received. "Let me out or this entire place, and some other Gotham city spots, go boom!"

The Officer told him to shut up, asked why he should believe him and said he had more important stuff to do. 

The Joker knew he had gotten under his skin.

The truth was there was no bomb, but the Officer didn't know that, so the Joker began to bombard him.

"Let me out or they go off."

"Are you willing to take that risk?"

"You could have stopped what's going to happen."

And the biggest, fattest lie of all.

"Just let me out and I won't hurt anyone. I'll just walk out and deal with the bombs, I won't hurt anyone or anything."

1 - Scarecrow finished his last few adjustments. Croc had torn his face apart, shredded his body and taken one of his arms. But he actually didn't care. He'd stitched his face back together, hot iron mended his body and a fear gas dispenser was all he used that arm as anyway, so why did it matter that now that's exactly what his arm was? 

Plus, this new grotesque appearance made him look all the more serious when he went to meet with his latest potential hire, Floyd Lawton. Deadshot.

2 - Jonathan Crane was a psychologist. This meant Scarecrow had connections, he knew where he could seek out new allies. One name in particular would have caused a smile to spread across his face. Would have, he didn't have the necessary muscles nor the lips anymore. Garfield Lynns was a strange case, but one that promised a merciless soldier. Scarecrow knew where to seek him out.

3 - Scarecrow, picked up a canister of Venom. He turned to Ivy, their thugs and their new allies (If any joined). Tonight they freed Penguin and all of their defeated allies. 

4 - Scarecrow continued on Penguins work. He'd brought the Falcone's to their knees. Now The Roman was to fall. Scarecrow prepped his new arm. It had two features, the nozzle could spray a cloud of gas while the needle on the end could give out a healthy and focused amount of Crane's new fear toxin.

5 - The threat needed to be made known, Scarecrow himself will seek out Harvey Dent and show him the true meaning of fear. A fear that no one ever thought possible to experience.

6 - Poison Ivy had been on the sidelines for a while, recovering from the incident with Howard Branden. She decided that he would get his. But not yet, she had a mind of her own and he wasn't the only thing on it and she didn't want him to think so. Ivy decided to hunt down Vicki Vale, take one of Gotham's most known faces from it.

1. The Riddler will do some more good, he sends his men out to areas with high rates of violence against minors and high rates of sexual assaults and command them to beat perpetrators of these crimes.

2-4. The Riddler will seek to hack the Board of Elections endlessly to push Gotham into further political turmoil plugging in votes for Joker as the next mayor of Gotham.

5. The Riddler will bug the offices of Harvey Dent and Bruce Wayne hoping to find further information on the both of them.