The Political Lounge

Should Merrick Garland Pursue Criminal Charges for Steve Bannon?

vcczar

Should Merrick Garland Pursue Criminal Charges for Steve Bannon?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should a person be held in criminal contempt for defying a Congressional subpoena.

2. 2. Now that the US House has voted to hold Bannon in contempt, should Merrick Garland pursue criminal charges?

3. 3. If Garland orders Bannon be arrested and placed on trial to face criminal charges, which do you think is likely to happen?

• Bannon is acquitted and avoids having to testify.
    • Bannon avoids jail time but is forced to testify.
    • Bannon gets a brief sentence and is forced to testify.
    • Bannon absconds from the law and disappears, at least for the time being.
    • Bannon is found guilty and ordered to testify but dies mysteriously.
    • Bannon is sentences to a long sentence and forced to testify.
    • Bannon is given a federal death sentence
    • Bannon is given jail time and still refuses to testify
  4. 4. If Bannon testifies, how will it impact Trump?

• Bannon's testimony will link Trump to Jan 6th more concretely, but he could still win in 2024 if he chooses to run.
    • Bannon's testimony will link Trump to Jan 6th more concretely and will ruin any chance he has of winning in 2024.
    • Bannon's testimony won't have any impact on anything.
    • Bannon's testimony will distance Trump from Jan 6th, possibly helping Trump gain back some support for 2024.
    • Bannon's testimony will prove the Jan 6th "coup" was such a minor incident in comparison to Biden's "stolen" election, ultimately leading to a surge in Trump support for 2024.

2 hours ago, Patine said:

Lock them all up and clean the house and start fresh! ALL CRIMINALS IN GOVERNMENT should face trial for the crimes they have committed and their breaches of trusts and violations of their oaths of office, regardless of which party they belong to, or whether or not not they supported Trump!

While that is going on, can we get rid of all lobbying bribery?

9 hours ago, Patine said:

Lock them all up and clean the house and start fresh! ALL CRIMINALS IN GOVERNMENT should face trial for the crimes they have committed and their breaches of trusts and violations of their oaths of office, regardless of which party they belong to, or whether or not not they supported Trump!

Based Patine is based (he's being based)

Based

• Based 3

29 minutes ago, Patine said:

@vcczar, @Timur, @WVProgressive @DakotaHale But this is definitely talk our resident poster with a Pixar movie version of an old child's amusement piece for his avatar is not going to like. 😉

I probably missed your point here but I'm not sure what you're implying? He hates Bannon and anyone associated with Trump AFAIK.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Patine said:

My point of expanding of the justice to all high criminals in Government, sitting and retired, regardless of party and whether they supported Trump or not, so TRUE justice to can be promoted, and not a partisan purge to create, "fall guys," to more greatly embolden and give more impunity (and immunity) to those criminals in Government going forward conducting these proceedings. That IS what you all were agreeing of what I said was, "based." You did know that, right?

I want everyone who disagrees with me (no matter how minor) to be arrested and tried in federal prison.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Patine said:

My point of expanding of the justice to all high criminals in Government, sitting and retired, regardless of party and whether they supported Trump or not, so TRUE justice to can be promoted, and not a partisan purge to create, "fall guys," to more greatly embolden and give more impunity (and immunity) to those criminals in Government going forward conducting these proceedings. That IS what you all were agreeing of what I said was, "based." You did know that, right?

Based means "cool" doesn't it?

• Based 1

10 hours ago, Patine said:

Don't give up your day job(s). The improv audiences on the comedy circuit are merciless and will break your heart unless you're already name-established. 😉

It seems you are quickly finding that the audiences do not share your sense of humor. With how much you hound this point it’s beginning to seem you speak from experience.

• Based 1