The Political Lounge

AMPU simplified

vcczar

In the event that AMPU must be greatly simplified, here’s what I’m considering:

omit career track, instead politicians will be marked to wait awhile or start early, etc. 

omit flip flopper remove phase

omit relocation phase. Pols will move on their historic move date 

omit ideological shift. I’ll add ideological shift dates which is when they’ll move

omit pol conversion. Politicians will use their party switch dates and switch factions based on ideological shift dates 

omit kingmaker and protege phase 

simplify selecting various leaders and making appointments. Possibly omit confirmation votes to speed up Game. 

Have the random event phase being much larger. With Gen events, scripted events, legis, Pres actions, gov actions, sc cases, diplomacy, and mil actions. All taking place at this time with a min and max number occurring for each of these categories. This means people won’t propose or select actions. Players will either accept or decline  or make a choice. Sort of like Rick Heli’s Founding Fathers. This speeds up the game and might be easier to develop. 

simplify the elections

Overall, I don’t want to make any of these changes. For one, it will also take me a long time to edit the events and such to simplify each one. Additionally I’ll have to add ideological shift dates, which I should probably do anyway, actually. 

Id imagine that this worst case scenario would speed up the game for players considerably. However, it would seem more like a game than a historical simulation. 

Another thing I’ve considered is, instead of traits is to give them a 0-5 grade also in these traits. This would mean I could get rid of the opposite traits. So someone with integrity would have an integrity of 5 and someone very scandalous would have a 0 or 1. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vcczar said:

Another thing I’ve considered is, instead of traits is to give them a 0-5 grade also in these traits. This would mean I could get rid of the opposite traits. So someone with integrity would have an integrity of 5 and someone very scandalous would have a 0 or 1. 

I like that, even for the main (not simplified) game.  And when they’d “gain” a trait or lose a trait, it’s just a +1 or -1 to that trait.

The other edits make sense for a simplification, but remove a lot of the strategy which is the actual gameplay.  

Id propose at least keeping the career tracks, that’s important.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

like that, even for the main (not simplified) game.  And when they’d “gain” a trait or lose a trait, it’s just a +1 or -1 to that trait.

The hard part with this is that it might be even more difficult to calculate in the forum. I’d also have to figure out what a 2 in manipulating is compared to a 5. Might just complicate the game even further. 

• Like 1